PDA

View Full Version : Day trip SEQ

Ben-e-boy
19th February 2012, 08:11 PM
The ute's getting itchy as it has only been driven twice this year once on tar, once on the beach. I need to go offroad.

Day trip in a month or so???????????

EDIT (now booked in):

Glass house trip
Sunday 11 March
Meet at 09:30 Matilda service station
Steve Irwin Way (corner of Bowen Road)
Landsborough

MudDonk
19th February 2012, 08:29 PM
hey ben im always keen for a blat in the bush mate let us know could prob bring couple other trucks too

Ben-e-boy
19th February 2012, 08:35 PM
cool, we'll pick the location depending on the calibre of rigs. most probably glass house as everyone can have a go

but if know of any challenging tracks let me know

Bigrig
19th February 2012, 08:37 PM
Yep, I'm in ...

Ben-e-boy
19th February 2012, 08:40 PM
Yep, I'm in ...

nice will discuss wednesday

Bigrig
19th February 2012, 08:42 PM
nice will discuss wednesday

Done deal - I reckon you'll get a few as its been a while since we've had a day trip up there ...

Chat Wednesday when you get here ...

Thirsty
20th February 2012, 06:03 AM
I'm in depending date and day. Busy month ahead with 4wd show and I'm working every Saturday.
cheers

Dhuck
20th February 2012, 07:15 AM
Sounds damn good to me.

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2012, 10:09 AM
Sounds damn good to me.

done deal.

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2012, 10:11 AM
I'm in depending date and day. Busy month ahead with 4wd show and I'm working every Saturday.
cheers

righto... what and where 4wd show???. I'm week on/week off in central qld so we'll organise some date in time. I'm home wednesday, till next tuesday

Thirsty
20th February 2012, 07:01 PM
righto... what and where 4wd show???. I'm week on/week off in central qld so we'll organise some date in time. I'm home wednesday, till next tuesday

National 4x4 show @ the Ekka show grounds. Weekend of the 24/3/12.

hekarewe
20th February 2012, 07:11 PM
keep me posted with time and dates for this as i would be interested if its not to close to easter.

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2012, 08:03 PM
National 4x4 show @ the Ekka show grounds. Weekend of the 24/3/12.

that on my week off too, Im thinking 10 & 11 march

Ben-e-boy
20th February 2012, 08:04 PM
keep me posted with time and dates for this as i would be interested if its not to close to easter.

whens easter

hekarewe
20th February 2012, 08:41 PM
whens easter

5th april when i head down south for fun n games in the blue mountains for 10 days so last couple of weekends in march i will be buisy getting things ready for the trip... welcome to come along ben but its a bit longer then a day trip lol

Thirsty
20th February 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm in for the 11th

cheers

hekarewe
20th February 2012, 09:13 PM
10th or 11th will work for me to ben

Bigrig
20th February 2012, 10:09 PM
11th works for me...

MudDonk
20th February 2012, 11:40 PM
10th or 11th all good here :)

Ben-e-boy
21st February 2012, 07:14 AM
the 11th it is!!!!!!!!!!

Thirsty
21st February 2012, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, Mind if I bring a friend? He does drive a Disco. But don't worry, I will recover him all the time. LOL

Cheers

Dhuck
21st February 2012, 06:15 PM
No probs mate. We welcome all misguided unfortunates. lol

Ben-e-boy
21st February 2012, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, Mind if I bring a friend? He does drive a Disco. But don't worry, I will recover him all the time. LOL

Cheers

no worries as long as he can handle the onslaught of banter whe he is stuck and having it filmed hahaha

macca86
22nd February 2012, 07:29 AM
Bugger I'll be in brisbane that weekend too but flying down to go to the bronco's game and do wedding crap with the missus and my rally drive that was my christmas gift. On a positive note pick up my patrol on thuirsday after new turbo, full nads, turbo timer major service gearbox and diff dumps and safari diesel chip and tune. Just need 3" exhust and new cooler then time to start suspension work.
Have a great trip guys

Bigrig
22nd February 2012, 08:13 AM
Bugger I'll be in brisbane that weekend too but flying down to go to the bronco's game and do wedding crap with the missus and my rally drive that was my christmas gift. On a positive note pick up my patrol on thuirsday after new turbo, full nads, turbo timer major service gearbox and diff dumps and safari diesel chip and tune. Just need 3" exhust and new cooler then time to start suspension work.
Have a great trip guys

What happened to the 3" straight through exhaust mate - thought that was going on a while back??

macca86
22nd February 2012, 08:18 AM
What happened to the 3" straight through exhaust mate - thought that was going on a while back??

Still have it in the shed didn't bring it up and didin't want to install it with out pyro guage and diesel chip I would have installed it now if it was not down in brisbane! It's going in when I'm down for the wedding

Bigrig
22nd February 2012, 08:27 AM
Still have it in the shed didn't bring it up and didin't want to install it with out pyro guage and diesel chip I would have installed it now if it was not down in brisbane! It's going in when I'm down for the wedding

So you're still going to use it? All good mate!!!

macca86
22nd February 2012, 08:29 AM
Shall do mate just need the dump pipe and will go on in june foe my next service with our wedding gift cash and prob a new cooler too.

Bigrig
22nd February 2012, 09:49 AM
Shall do mate just need the dump pipe and will go on in june foe my next service with our wedding gift cash and prob a new cooler too.

Outstanding!! Should be a great setup - be interested to see your thoughts on how it performs after all the work!!

Ben-e-boy
29th February 2012, 03:33 PM
Bump for anyone else Who wants to come long

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 04:43 PM
So who is going?? You keeping a list to keep us honest??

Ben-e-boy
29th February 2012, 07:41 PM
So who is going?? You keeping a list to keep us honest??

Me, you, dave,thirsty +1, and muddonk Maybe adrian

Thirsty
29th February 2012, 08:00 PM
Thirsty +2 if thats alright

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 08:01 PM

Absolutely!!

hekarewe
29th February 2012, 08:02 PM
keeping my fingers crossed that we finish the factory move in time so i can come and if i make it i will be bringing my new secret weapon bwah ahah fingers crossed

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 08:02 PM
Me, you, dave,thirsty +1, and muddonk Maybe adrian

Maybe 8 with Adrian and Thirsty's other mate - that's great!! Not too few, not too many ...

A big shout though at the Woodford afterwards though!!! lmao

Thirsty
29th February 2012, 08:03 PM
Now, Nobody crack it. I have a Wrangler and a Disco coming. LOL

hekarewe
29th February 2012, 08:09 PM
Now, Nobody crack it. I have a Wrangler and a Disco coming. LOL

execllant 2 units of land fil bring them along for road building lol

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 08:15 PM

Hahaha .. You'd want to hope they're not comp trucks big boy!!!! You might get put to the task!!!!! lmao

hekarewe
29th February 2012, 08:19 PM
wouldnt be the first time i stick my neck out and have me head handed back on a platter

hekarewe
29th February 2012, 08:22 PM
:offtopic::offtopic: by the by bigus rigus those rims i mentioned to you only 7 left to go makes me a happy chappy lol

Ben-e-boy
29th February 2012, 08:22 PM

No worries mate

keeping my fingers crossed that we finish the factory move in time so i can come and if i make it i will be bringing my new secret weapon bwah ahah fingers crossed

Secret weapon????????? is it a chunk of lead strapped to your right foot??

Maybe 8 with Adrian and Thirsty's other mate - that's great!! Not too few, not too many ...

A big shout though at the Woodford afterwards though!!! lmao

I think so!!!

"2 units of land fill" hahahahaha I'll pay that call even if they are comp trucks

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 08:34 PM
:offtopic::offtopic: by the by bigus rigus those rims i mentioned to you only 7 left to go makes me a happy chappy lol

Excellent!!

Thirsty
29th February 2012, 08:46 PM
Hahaha .. You'd want to hope they're not comp trucks big boy!!!! You might get put to the task!!!!! lmao

No Comp Trucks, But both are good willing drivers and are keen to put it up us patrollers. Landfill, I agree. But each to there own I guess.

Cheers

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 08:51 PM
No Comp Trucks, But both are good willing drivers and are keen to put it up us patrollers. Landfill, I agree. But each to there own I guess.

Cheers

Too true mate. That'll be good, we got some trucks willing to have a lash, plenty of combined experience and no doubt, plenty of recovery gear all round!! lol

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Soooo ... meeting at Woodford pub and head in from there? Or Steve Irwin Way?? And what time Benny??

Ben-e-boy
29th February 2012, 09:02 PM
Too true mate. That'll be good, we got some trucks willing to have a lash, plenty of combined experience and no doubt, plenty of recovery gear all round!! lol

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Soooo ... meeting at Woodford pub and head in from there? Or Steve Irwin Way?? And what time Benny??

Im thinking matilda steve irwin way, 9.30am

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 09:11 PM
Im thinking matilda steve irwin way, 9.30am

Got me old mate ...

Thirsty
29th February 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm there!!!!!!

Silver
29th February 2012, 09:29 PM
So thats

Glass house trip
Sunday 11 March
Meet at 09:30 Matilda Steve Irwin Way (Lansborough?)

Now, is this trip for hard core lifted and locked only? Will a 2" lift and 33s suffice? Are there tracks for low riders like Silver not too far away from where the more committed are playing? Ideally chicken tracks right next door to the gnarly stuff?

And if that is all worked out, could a mod move it to the first page?

Ta :-)

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 09:52 PM
So thats

Glass house trip
Sunday 11 March
Meet at 09:30 Matilda Steve Irwin Way (Lansborough?)

Now, is this trip for hard core lifted and locked only? Will a 2" lift and 33s suffice? Are there tracks for low riders like Silver not too far away from where the more committed are playing? Ideally chicken tracks right next door to the gnarly stuff?

And if that is all worked out, could a mod move it to the first page?

Ta :-)

Mate, there are alternate tracks everywhere, even for a "low rider"!! lol

Most places that are full on are "park and watch" whilst people have a lash then move on ... so feel free to join in (and it's pretty spectacular scenery in some spots).

I'll copy these details and paste to the first post now.

hekarewe
4th March 2012, 08:15 PM
righty ho guys kicked ass with the factory move finished it this weekend woo hoo soooooooo you can move me from a maybe to a definatly for sunday 11th see you all at matilda's 0930 looking forward to it heres hoping the weather improves and not to much rain dont like mud cost to much lol

Thirsty
5th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Not a fan myself of the mud. If this keeps up I won't be coming. Don't want to destroy the tracks either.

Cheers

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 07:20 PM
Not a fan myself of the mud. If this keeps up I won't be coming. Don't want to destroy the tracks either.

Cheers

Agree - it would be dead set slop (a nightmare) out there after this barrage, so unless we get a reprieve (which doesn't look to be the case), then we should look at moving it ... same goes on the tracks out there - let the usual clowns that go there and destroy the place do what they will, but I'm not interested in it ...

Dhuck
5th March 2012, 08:00 PM
I agree. Been several times now after rain and it is just a slop hole. All the descent tracks are pretty much undrivable. Where is another good spot we can go without the hassle of the law?

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 08:04 PM
I agree. Been several times now after rain and it is just a slop hole. All the descent tracks are pretty much undrivable. Where is another good spot we can go without the hassle of the law?

Don't know truth be told ... A private park would be the only other option I guess ...

hekarewe
5th March 2012, 08:06 PM
what about a day trip to scenic rim???

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 08:09 PM
what about a day trip to scenic rim???

Depends on the rain also I guess ... but again, I'm happy to go with the flow ...

hekarewe
5th March 2012, 08:18 PM
Depends on the rain also I guess ... but again, I'm happy to go with the flow ...

just had a brain fart so thought i would share is alll LMAO

Silver
5th March 2012, 08:22 PM
just joining the chorus of 'I won't be there unless the rain stops'.

There's always Bribie - no mud, but unless the lagoons are up, not much challenge either.

Thirsty
5th March 2012, 08:35 PM
just joining the chorus of 'I won't be there unless the rain stops'.

There's always Bribie - no mud, but unless the lagoons are up, not much challenge either.
With all this rain they will shut the inland track down!!!!!!

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 08:39 PM
With all this rain they will shut the inland track down!!!!!!

It was still shut the weekend before last when we were there, so I'd say after today's downpour up north, it'd be shut again for sure.

Ben-e-boy
5th March 2012, 08:46 PM
Well thanks to the flooding in gympie the other shift sparky cant make it to the airport to relieve me up here so I am staying up here for another few days (or longer) i'd rather stay in this dirty s**t hole of a camp than camp on the side if the bruce hwy. its possible I wont even be home for it

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Well thanks to the flooding in gympie the other shift sparky cant make it to the airport to relieve me up here so I am staying up here for another few days (or longer) i'd rather stay in this dirty s**t hole of a camp than camp on the side if the bruce hwy. its possible I wont even be home for it

Sounds fun mate!!! lol

Let us know when you're back!!

Ben-e-boy
5th March 2012, 09:00 PM
Sounds fun mate!!! lol

Let us know when you're back!!

will do mate, the worst thing is I wont be able to enjoy my waterfront property for the second time in 2 weeks

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 09:03 PM
will do mate, the worst thing is I wont be able to enjoy my waterfront property for the second time in 2 weeks

Yeah, got that SMS the other day!!! You scored a bargain for real estate on the lake!!! lol

Dhuck
5th March 2012, 09:54 PM
Scenic will be no good. The close tracks down when wet.

Dave

Ben-e-boy
6th March 2012, 09:22 AM
LCMP will be raging torrents. although after the rain some of the tracks will be changed and they will be hard core fun,fun,fun

hekarewe
6th March 2012, 06:14 PM
sooo i take it by this we have nothing for the weekend now?????

MudDonk
6th March 2012, 06:59 PM
hey fellas could maybe think about ormeau or logan reserve..have heard coppers pretty harsh at logan...but i been in ormeau tonnes and never had a prob

Ben-e-boy
6th March 2012, 09:11 PM
good news i'll be back thursday

muddonk I'm keem for ormeau but its a long way for a day trip for me i'll spend more time driving to and from than 4wding. and logan reserve, is that logan village??? if so there is nothing challenging out there

MudDonk
7th March 2012, 12:50 AM
yeah mate logan village..that bush goes for miles and miles ben...ive nearly rolled a couple times out there, and once had a foot of water in 4x4 :P...depends where ya go i guess but is def some pretty wild tracks down that way...awesome ya back mate thats cool...if ya keen ill go for a run for sure...will hit up ozzy and swampy reckon they will come out too

nissannewby
7th March 2012, 02:38 PM
Is this trip gonna happen now that it seems to be fining up?

Silver
7th March 2012, 02:51 PM
Not interested in doing anything dodgy - leaving legality to one side, Low Rider Silver would surely be last and certain to be caught :-)

MudDonk
7th March 2012, 03:00 PM
nothin illegal silver im more than happy to go for a trundle out to ormeau mate :)

Ben-e-boy
7th March 2012, 07:34 PM
Even if we go to logan or ormeau I'm still looking at a 6-7 hour round trip (not including 4wding). As today was the last day of my 111.75 hour week. I'm pretty fu**in buggered and not really interested in doing much atm. I'll have to think about it

Dhuck
7th March 2012, 07:48 PM
If the weather stays dry we should be reasonable for Beerburrum

Ben-e-boy
7th March 2012, 07:50 PM
I can deal with beerburrum

Dhuck
7th March 2012, 07:58 PM
We know. Oh hang on you were talking about driving time right? lol

hekarewe
7th March 2012, 08:00 PM
fingers crossed then for more dry weather,,,,, lots of dry weather and the same for down south at the moment getting pritty wet down there for easter week away lol

hekarewe
7th March 2012, 08:01 PM
in a nut shell i am up for a good run on sunday need to try out the secret weapon before going south

Ben-e-boy
7th March 2012, 09:07 PM
We know. Oh hang on you were talking about driving time right? lol

yeah mate big difference from beeburrum to logan village

hekarewe
7th March 2012, 09:13 PM
yeah mate big difference from beeburrum to logan village

not so far on a small map,,,, infact the smaller the map the closer they are!!!!!!

Bigrig
7th March 2012, 09:32 PM
If the dry weather stays, and IF I have my rig back, I'll be up,for Beerburrum ... still be a lot of slop out there, but the stuff we go for (hills etc) could be ok ...

Dhuck
7th March 2012, 11:08 PM
Whats happening to Tank now?

Silver
7th March 2012, 11:10 PM
Whats happening to Tank now?

I think Tank is having a Bex and a lie down while another electrical fault or some other cause of torque converter lock up issues is located and dealt with.

Bigrig
7th March 2012, 11:34 PM
I think Tank is having a Bex and a lie down while another electrical fault or some other cause of torque converter lock up issues is located and dealt with.

Haha ... that's about it mate!! He'll be right for the weekend though I reckon ...

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 11:56 AM
It drying up a fair bit, every one still keen for sunday

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 12:53 PM
It drying up a fair bit, every one still keen for sunday

Yep - I'm in ...

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 01:36 PM
nce... so tanks sorted then??

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 01:56 PM
nce... so tanks sorted then??

Nope!!! lmao

But he'll handle it ... I think ... lol

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 07:00 PM
Righto - so far it's:

Scotty (bigrig)
Dave (Dhuck)
Adrian (hekarewe)
Benny (Ben-e-boy)

Troy (Thirsty) are you and your mate still in?

Possibly be Nissannewby (sorry mate, don't know your name yet) and a few others ...

9:30am at the Matilda Servo on Steve Irwin Way.

Can't wait!!!

Thirsty
9th March 2012, 07:27 PM
Sorry Guys, I'm Out.
Cheers

hekarewe
9th March 2012, 07:48 PM
Nope!!! lmao

But he'll handle it ... I think ... lol

i am in on off chance i get to tow tank home LMAO see you all there sparklyarckly!!!

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 08:08 PM
i am in on off chance i get to tow tank home LMAO see you all there sparklyarckly!!!

Hahaha ... don't joke about it, you just maybe ... Picked it up this arvo, and back to the shop in the morning it goes ...

Nearly there ... idle is playing up ... but he'll be right!!!

hekarewe
9th March 2012, 09:04 PM
guess youll have to nice to be nice to me then LOL never left anyone behind yet so youll be looked after

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 09:08 PM
What kind of locker did you get adrian??

hekarewe
9th March 2012, 09:28 PM
auto lokka from 4wd systems in SA

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 09:45 PM
guess youll have to nice to be nice to me then LOL never left anyone behind yet so youll be looked after

Being nice to you won't get the job done!!! lmao

Treat you mean, keep you keen!!! I know what you truckies are like!!!! lol

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 10:16 PM
auto lokka from 4wd systems in SA

I thought it was a SECRET weapon. hahaha I guessed right

hekarewe
9th March 2012, 10:22 PM
well i guess the cats out of the bag and yes good guess you got me bugga

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 10:32 PM
well i guess the cats out of the bag and yes good guess you got me bugga

Hahaha just thought I'd through it in. you'll love it , wont need to be so heavy on the throttle

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 10:38 PM
Hahaha just thought I'd through it in. you'll love it , wont need to be so heavy on the throttle

He'll still stick that gargantuan foot of his on the skinny pedal !!!! lmao

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 10:46 PM
Ok, that list below, plus maybe my mate Derek (in a cruiser), Nissannewby, and Random.

4 minimum, 7 maximum ... can't wait!!!

Ben-e-boy
9th March 2012, 10:47 PM
He'll still stick that gargantuan foot of his on the skinny pedal !!!! lmao

haha that will be entertaining

Bigrig
9th March 2012, 10:48 PM
haha that will be entertaining

Without a doubt mate!!!! lmao

hekarewe
10th March 2012, 05:26 PM
well today went well so definatly looking forward to tomorrow guys champing at the bit lmao

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 06:24 PM
well today went well so definatly looking forward to tomorrow guys champing at the bit lmao

Sweet ... it's you, Dhuck, his brother, myself, Ryan in with me, and Benny ...

Ben-e-boy
10th March 2012, 07:43 PM
got the cameras on charge???

hekarewe
10th March 2012, 08:19 PM
got the cameras on charge???

thanks for the reminder

nickpeacock36
10th March 2012, 08:42 PM
im in. see you all tomorrow.

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 09:23 PM
im in. see you all tomorrow.

Outstanding mate!!! See you at 9:30!!!

scotty83
11th March 2012, 07:12 AM
I am out. :( Have to fix up my sons car.

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 07:22 AM
I am out. :( Have to fix up my sons car.

Understood mate - shame, but there'll be others!!

This rain should make it interesting!! lmao... only supposed to be morning showers, and then clearing up anyway.

GQUTERUS
11th March 2012, 08:00 AM
Hey guys, would one more be alright? Myself and the misses where already heading out with another group. I would prefer to tag along with more patrols :)

I'll be in the White GQ ute.

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 08:18 AM
Hey guys, would one more be alright? Myself and the misses where already heading out with another group. I would prefer to tag along with more patrols :)

I'll be in the White GQ ute.

Absolutely mate !!!! See u there!!!

macca86
11th March 2012, 10:30 AM
Safe travels guys have a blast when you're on work cover and a slipped disc in the back apparently 4wding isn't good for it nurse Jenni wouldn't let me go

hekarewe
11th March 2012, 06:56 PM
I LUV MY DIFF LOCK

awesume day guys thanks for the outing Sharon had a ball and a bit of an eye opener Murry and Dave at torque 4x4 thanks for fitting the lokka it worked great made Hekarewe even awesumer next reduction gears LOL will post up some pics later tonight.

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 07:23 PM
What a day!!! lol

Awesome time, and there should be some even awesomer photos and videos ...

Thanks everyone who came (Chris, Ryan, John, Dave, Adam, Dave, Nick - although he had to pull out early with some engine issues, Kelvin, and Les and some fellow travellers in their cars ...)

Met a couple of good lads out there also who hopefully will be more regular on here and all in all, it was a blast ...

GQUTERUS
11th March 2012, 07:28 PM
Awesome.

What a day, im really glad we decided to tag along with you guys. Firstly i would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome you showed Hayley and i.

It was the first outing we've done in the truck since sep last year, very please with how it performed and i think it's time to install this lokka i have beside me ;).
I love Glasshouse, it has something for everyone. The tracks we choose where great and gave alot of variety to the day. I was tempted to give Little Red a go, im glad i didn't lol
The support everyone gave was awesome. It's been a long time and i needed help choosing a line, there was always someone there to lend a hand. Great work.

@ BigRig, i'll take you up on that beer next time buddy. Nice meeting you!

All in all, a good day. Laughs all round, and a little bit of mud and dust.

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 07:51 PM
Awesome.

What a day, im really glad we decided to tag along with you guys. Firstly i would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome you showed Hayley and i.

It was the first outing we've done in the truck since sep last year, very please with how it performed and i think it's time to install this lokka i have beside me ;).
I love Glasshouse, it has something for everyone. The tracks we choose where great and gave alot of variety to the day. I was tempted to give Little Red a go, im glad i didn't lol
The support everyone gave was awesome. It's been a long time and i needed help choosing a line, there was always someone there to lend a hand. Great work.

@ BigRig, i'll take you up on that beer next time buddy. Nice meeting you!

All in all, a good day. Laughs all round, and a little bit of mud and dust.

Mate, you and Hayley were a pleasure to have along ... you stuck to your guns on what you did and didn't want to do (which by the way, he did everything!! lol), were great at the wheel, friendly and went with the flow ... we couldn't ask more than that of new attendees and it just makes for that much better of a time for everyone.

Definitely look forward to catching up for a beer, and another run!!!

Airstrike
11th March 2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks boys and gals for a top day. I had a ball (passenger in the tank).

Thanks again

91 gq wagon
11th March 2012, 08:14 PM
gday everyone. evan though i turned up later in the arvo my whole family enjoyed it. i cant wait to come along to your next run and hopfully do some hills and get muddy.

91 gq wagon
11th March 2012, 08:18 PM
i have some video of some trucks going up the hill before we left for servo. ile put them up in the video section if i can

hekarewe
11th March 2012, 08:38 PM
ok here we go have edited abd cropped etc so here comes the pics

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 08:46 PM
ok here we go have edited abd cropped etc so here comes the pics

Top job mate ... about to watch some telly whilst the videos are downloading to the laptop, and I'll work on getting a vid up tonight ... there's some crackers!!! Between Benny and myself, we got a heap of footage!!

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 08:48 PM
i have some video of some trucks going up the hill before we left for servo. ile put them up in the video section if i can

Awesome stuff mate, was good to meet. And thanks a million for the console - no doubt I'll stuff it putting it in though!!! lmao

Ben-e-boy
11th March 2012, 08:54 PM
thanks everyone for showing up today had a ball.

I have 2 pictures of little red, one from the bottom and one from half way up. The bottom half is pretty tricky with some good ruts, the top isnt tvery steep but it has a big step up . Dhuck and I had a crack at it we both made it. I have a good amount of video footage too I'll post them up as I upload then
Cheers
Benny

hekarewe
11th March 2012, 08:58 PM
Top job mate ... about to watch some telly whilst the videos are downloading to the laptop, and I'll work on getting a vid up tonight ... there's some crackers!!! Between Benny and myself, we got a heap of footage!!

be looking forward to watching these may have to get you load some up on a stick for me so i can take them down south with me use them to wind up the garden gnome LOL

Ben-e-boy
11th March 2012, 09:05 PM
Here is me driving little red

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNY0EUtgHnw

Les on the hill climb at the water tower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-0BTDICVo

Adam picking the perfect line for this hill... well done mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtBhuckC5tc

nissannewby
11th March 2012, 09:09 PM
You blokes didnt miss much out there you have done a fair few of the tracks out there would have been a great day out there good to see everyone enjoyed themselves hopefully i can be out there amongst it next time.

GQUTERUS
11th March 2012, 09:36 PM
Great pictures and videos!

That line i choose at the water tower was a bad one :1087:

Ben-e-boy
11th March 2012, 09:51 PM
Great pictures and videos!

That line i choose at the water tower was a bad one :1087:

dont worry about that you picked an awsome line on that black soil hill. thats uploading at the moment

Ben-e-boy
11th March 2012, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMyKSUKY_k

04OFF
11th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks for takin some decent pics Adrian :thumbup:

Wished i could have been there to take some myself :frown:

Ben-e-boy
12th March 2012, 12:37 PM
here is a couple more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkVwa5-ECU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZZ_VPG-0c

Ben-e-boy
12th March 2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVewkp7nAlA

Ben-e-boy
12th March 2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDpZk_Evhcg

hekarewe
12th March 2012, 07:20 PM
good vidios there ben nice shooting i should have passed some one my camera that day as i have nothing of mine climbing with the lokka working bumma keep em coming ben love to see more

Ben-e-boy
12th March 2012, 07:45 PM
good vidios there ben nice shooting i should have passed some one my camera that day as i have nothing of mine climbing with the lokka working bumma keep em coming ben love to see more

I'm pretty sure scott filmed it

hekarewe
12th March 2012, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure scott filmed it

uh huh will have to be paitent and wait lolol

Dark 1
12th March 2012, 08:36 PM
Some top photos & vids there guys, wish I could of been there.

Tapatalking my way around.

Bigrig
14th March 2012, 09:54 PM
Sorry for being slack everyone ... some videos from the weekend - these are COMPLETELY unedited and in raw format so:

LANGUAGE WARNING

A play area to kick off proceedings .. Adrian and Adam both having a lash - nice wheel work from the old fella too!!!! hat's you by the way Adrian!!! lolT
http://youtu.be/RGckf9lvjDc

Dave, Benny and Les on the wombat holes
http://youtu.be/PKiVbSA2kKU

Dhuck doing his usual and embarrassing most of us by making a large section of wombat holes look easy ..
http://youtu.be/rdk0MbWVQLU

In car camera from Tank in wombat holes
http://youtu.be/emxZ66YihCw

Benny heading towards Little Red
http://youtu.be/a29erDZYDIs

Chris, Dave, Adrian and a bloke from another club climbing a small (but steep) rock wall
http://youtu.be/oV59QaFs5aQ

Tank - in car camera coming down same wall from video above
http://youtu.be/rMHAO92eLxY

More to come ...

robbo0001
14th March 2012, 10:05 PM
Nice vids....looked liked "GQ Central"
Gotta get out for the next one.

Bigrig
14th March 2012, 10:19 PM
Again - raw vids, no editing .. so

LANGUAGE WARNING

Bit of bush mechanics to get crap out of the bead
http://youtu.be/hKdazZBc1sM

Benny tackling the Western face of Water Tower hill (or whatever its called!! lol)
http://youtu.be/v3yakzrk-CA

Adam doing the same hill
http://youtu.be/bSxVba23sY4

Dave doing the same hill
http://youtu.be/QSJWOhmedPI

Tank doing the same hill from in car camera
http://youtu.be/Xv58yxMILwg

Gathering at the bottom valley behind the Water Tower ... nice area!!!
http://youtu.be/EYlH3jd1SoM

Tank in car camera taking on first of rutted hills
http://youtu.be/Q6EWI0CoMs4

Les and Adam having a lash at another of the hills - great wheel work from Les!!!
http://youtu.be/yi0Tvnc7pcU

Tank in car camera of hill leading back up to Water Tower - this track was closed for ages due to someone being seriously injured or something a while back ... one of those tracks that looks straight forward (and is if you stick to the right line), but if you got yourself out of shape half way up and rolled, there is loooooong dropoff the left hand side .. that said, Les, Adam, Dhuck, Benny and I all slaughtered it!!!! lol
http://youtu.be/SLVV-8xHOpU

Random
14th March 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks bigrig!
I had a great time, and every one was helpful and friendly the way a car club should be !
Looking forward to another day like that in the future.
Washed the car off with the work pressure hose and left a 3x3 patch of mud on the ground XD
Boss was a bit upset at the mess but half a rocky road bar made it all ok again.

Bigrig
14th March 2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks bigrig!
I had a great time, and every one was helpful and friendly the way a car club should be !
Looking forward to another day like that in the future.
Washed the car off with the work pressure hose and left a 3x3 patch of mud on the ground XD
Boss was a bit upset at the mess but half a rocky road bar made it all ok again.

Pleasure mate!! Glad you had a good time, and that's what it's all about with us - do what you're comfortable with, have a lash with some people to guide you of things you mightn't normally attempt, and generally just enjoy yourself with no damage to truck, pride or yourself.

hekarewe
14th March 2012, 11:11 PM
awsume vidios there bigus rigus thanks for loading them up good job

all we need now is to what vidio kelvin managed to capture of the last sandstone hill climb :)

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 09:00 AM
this is probably the best run for footage we have done.

one thing I have learned from the weekend is that goodyear wranglers arnt worth a pinch of sh*t. Hey dhuck??
When are you getting into a set of treps?? lol

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 09:02 AM
awsume vidios there bigus rigus thanks for loading them up good job

all we need now is to what vidio kelvin managed to capture of the last sandstone hill climb :)

I bet you have been waiting for the vid of your first obstacle with the locker. someone is in love lol

Bigrig
15th March 2012, 09:55 AM
this is probably the best run for footage we have done.

one thing I have learned from the weekend is that goodyear wranglers arnt worth a pinch of sh*t. Hey dhuck??
When are you getting into a set of treps?? lol

Going to do that more often - I'll fully charge the camera next time though!! lol

I might even just take our digital video from now on!!

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 01:58 PM
Going to do that more often - I'll fully charge the camera next time though!! lol

I might even just take our digital video from now on!!

I think I might get another action camera get some different points of veiw, front mount, rear mount even under the ute so you can see what kind of angles I get into

Bigrig
15th March 2012, 02:07 PM
I think I might get another action camera get some different points of veiw, front mount, rear mount even under the ute so you can see what kind of angles I get into

That'd be wild!!!

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 02:12 PM
That'd be wild!!!

I think so , when I lifted the front wheel on little red it was on a bigger angle that the camera shows. it would of bee good to have the camera mounted to the passenger rear side of the tray

hekarewe
15th March 2012, 07:17 PM

you see some of the angles you get out of that ute you might scare the sh!t out of yourself roflmao

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 07:47 PM
you see some of the angles you get out of that ute you might scare the sh!t out of yourself roflmao

I'll be scared when I tip over.........and over.........then on fire..........then over again lmao

taslucas
15th March 2012, 07:51 PM
I'll be scared when I tip over.........and over.........then on fire..........then over again lmao

But the camera footage will be awesome for the rest of us !!!! Lmao

tappa slappn about

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 08:13 PM
But the camera footage will be awesome for the rest of us !!!! Lmao

tappa slappn about

I dunno it would be ground, sky, ground, flames, ground hahaha

macca86
15th March 2012, 08:25 PM
I dunno it would be ground, sky, ground, flames, ground hahaha
Plus man running around on fire then someone crash tackles you and roll down the hill. ( too far maybe?)

Ben-e-boy
15th March 2012, 08:43 PM
Plus man running around on fire then someone crash tackles you and roll down the hill. ( too far maybe?)

it would be over the top if 5 people crash tackled after I have been put out hahahah

hekarewe
15th March 2012, 09:10 PM
now i think we are just being a little bit silly no ones going to tackle ben when hes on fire we will telling him to hold still for the photo shoot first ROFLMAO

(singing music men) i can do the nikki lauda,,, iam on fire i am on fire i am on fire

Redman
22nd March 2012, 02:45 PM
Just saw the vid's nice work scotty thanks.