PDA

View Full Version : Uploading manuals?

oncedisturbed
16th February 2012, 02:01 PM
I have been trying for a few days to upload the warn winch service manual to the site for everyone to use but for some reason it wont accept the upload. Any ideas at all?

AB
16th February 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi mate, there is size limit for PDF's unfortunately.

How big is the file?

oncedisturbed
16th February 2012, 02:34 PM
5.3mb from memory, dont really wanna upload page at a time lololol. Not sure if you can upload zip files or how big it would be once it was zipped

AB
16th February 2012, 02:54 PM
I don't think the forum allows zip files because people could sneak in virus's, etc.

If you want to, you can email it to me, I'll upload it to the server and PM you the exact URL address so you can post up the download link if you like?

My email is info@nissanpatrol.com.au

oncedisturbed
16th February 2012, 05:18 PM
Does vbulletin have plugin at all like phpnuke has that gives you a download page?

AB
16th February 2012, 07:32 PM
Does vbulletin have plugin at all like phpnuke has that gives you a download page?

Sorry mate I dont follow you. I can host the manual directly on the server for direct download.

What do you mean by a download page?

oncedisturbed
16th February 2012, 07:48 PM
No probs, in phpnuke which is another type of forum platform, there is the ability for users to upload and download files from a dedicated page within the forum itself. Usually users would have to type in a pre-generated code before the forum backend will allow them to download a manual, screensavers etc.

Was just a query if vbulletin had a plugin that would allow a similar setup.

Will email you across the file shortly for you :)

AB
16th February 2012, 07:55 PM
No probs, in phpnuke which is another type of forum platform, there is the ability for users to upload and download files from a dedicated page within the forum itself. Usually users would have to type in a pre-generated code before the forum backend will allow them to download a manual, screensavers etc.

Was just a query if vbulletin had a plugin that would allow a similar setup.

Will email you across the file shortly for you :)

There probably would be a plugin for that. It's a little scary as I would hate for people to upload nasty things on the forum and title it as a manual and everyone downloads a virus.

Unfortunately It's a dodgy online world these days!

oncedisturbed
16th February 2012, 08:00 PM
this is true, 3 emails on there way to you now

NissanGQ4.2
16th February 2012, 08:31 PM
There probably would be a plugin for that. It's a little scary as I would hate for people to upload nasty things on the forum and title it as a manual and everyone downloads a virus.

Unfortunately It's a dodgy online world these days!

Yeh can't trust them screensaver virus up-loaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!