PDA

View Full Version : Download Full Factory Original 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Manual.

AB
9th June 2010, 04:13 PM
For those members needing the original full factory 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Manual.

This manual covers RD28ETi.

Free download on below attachment.

Enjoy!

If anyone else needs other manuals or has some information that would be handy for our forum then please contact us (http://http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/contact-us.html) and we will put them on here.

***IF YOU HAVE JUST SIGNED UP TO GET THESE MANUALS THEN THATS GREAT BUT AT LEAST INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND SAY HI TO THE COMMUNITY***

Timbo
10th June 2010, 01:47 PM
That is gold!

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2010, 10:27 PM
Andy, Mate that is the Original Factory Manual mate.!!

That is GOLD!! for a GU! All 1225 pages of it!!

I have this in a bound copy for a GQ but not a GU.

It is a shame though that the first page is not the index?? The index is on page 770

GOLD!

AB
1st July 2010, 10:35 PM
Is it really, I can fix that mate, easy done.

Cheers for the feedback.

patch697
2nd July 2010, 10:25 AM
Is it really, I can fix that mate, easy done.

Cheers for the feedback.

Is it fixed yet Andy?

AB
2nd July 2010, 10:46 AM
haha...doing it now, give me another 5 minutes.

It's actually a nightmare job.

All the categories are mixed up so im putting it all in the correct order now.

patch697
2nd July 2010, 10:49 AM
haha...doing it now, give me another 5 minutes.

It's actually a nightmare job.

All the categories are mixed up so im putting it all in the correct order now.

No probs mate just thought I'd ask. Take your time.

Bloody good find BTW

Cheers
Paul

AB
2nd July 2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, all done.

It's in the correct index order now guys.

Enjoy! :)

patch697
2nd July 2010, 12:11 PM
Your a champion.

Cheers
Paul

MudRunnerTD
2nd July 2010, 03:11 PM
Andy that is sooo much better mate.

And i have now clicked on the pages or the bookmark icons to the left and all the chapters are usable without scrolling through 1225 pages.

Mate that is Awesome.

I have only ever seen the gregory type ones online and they are rubbish

do you have the same thing for a GQ? I have a hard copy bound in 2 folders but an electronic copy would be awesome

Cheers for the resource mate.

patch697
2nd July 2010, 04:48 PM

And i have now clicked on the pages or the bookmark icons to the left and all the chapters are usable without scrolling through 1225 pages.

Mate that is Awesome.

do you have the same thing for a GQ? I have a hard copy bound in 2 folders but an electronic copy would be awesome

G/day Mate there is a Nissan factory GQ service manual on here as well its under STICKY: Nissan Patrol GQ Service Manual. in the DIY section

AB
2nd July 2010, 05:23 PM

Mate that is Awesome.

No probs mate, yeah its 10 times easier with the quick link bookmarks...That part took a while but its worth it when finding sections.

MudRunnerTD
2nd July 2010, 06:12 PM
G/day Mate there is a Nissan factory GQ service manual on here as well its under STICKY: Nissan Patrol GQ Service Manual. in the DIY section

Hey Paul,

Thanks mate, that was actually the only one i did not even look at because i figured it would just be an extension of the Gregories manual for oil changes and stuff.

BUT NO WAY!!

Its also a Full Factory Manual for a GQ identical to the bound folders i have in hard copy. All 1038 pages.

GOLD

BillsGU
20th July 2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the manual Andy - it will come in very useful.

BTW - how / where do you get an animated avatar?

Bill

AB
20th July 2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum.

Click on "settings" top right of this screen (when you are signed in) then click on "edit avatar" on left of the next screen.

You can choose some of our ones we have there.

Click on the little circle under the one you like then click "save changes".

You can upload your own one from your computer by clicking "browse" in that same area and selecting a picture from your own computer.

Or you can choose one from another website.

If you want to choose one from other computer just find your pic on the web (right click the pic, copy the URL address of that pic and paste it in the column on that section.

If you get stuck mate just let us know and we can guide you through it in more detail.

dunwurknbcs
17th August 2010, 10:49 AM
great resource thanks

Roo72
1st September 2010, 09:58 PM
I'm having some trouble downloading this document. starts downloading fine then gets to about 5mb done and slows down to a crawl. I started it last night and left it going all night...this morning it was only 16mb completed...so I start fiddling, reading the pages that are there and decided to go to the last available page...1219 ...page is there, start flicking my way backwards and notice the download progress bar is jumping forward in .2 mb leaps so I continue with this until it gets to 22.10 of 22.15 downloaded, but it won't go no more. left it for a while but still no more progress. had to go to work so I thought "maybe its just my "stoopid Puter"". I hit save...."cannot save", "download failed"....start again....f$#$#$^6. why does the interweb hate me?

AB
1st September 2010, 10:09 PM
Hi Roo, unfortunately thats your internet connection speed and maybe its also loosing internet connection whilst its trying to download which will stuff it up.

Give it one more crack mate and if that doesnt work send me an email at info@nissanpatrol.com.au

The entire file is 20mb which is too big to email but i can email it to you in sections if that helps?

If you do want me to do this please make sure there is enough room in your email box to allow 3 emails to a total of around 20mb, if that makes sense...haha

Roo72
1st September 2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks AB... currently underway and upto 6.3mb so far. will let you know how we go. I have 512kbps and a 50gb limit that I struggle to use 10% of usually.

pete_gopal
3rd September 2010, 01:31 PM
Is this manual for both Petrol and Diesel engines?

locks
3rd September 2010, 01:34 PM
Yes pete it should cover both engines.

msports180
23rd September 2010, 06:48 AM
Oh man i just ordered one on CD from ebay for $20 :(

Chops
3rd October 2010, 04:00 AM
GU Patrol Service Manual - 156.81mb

Belly
4th October 2010, 07:49 PM
Perfect, just bought my SU, this will help me heaps, not that there is a lot wrong with it.

Woof
4th October 2010, 07:52 PM
Perfect, just bought my SU, this will help me heaps, not that there is a lot wrong with it.

SU????????????

anew63
7th October 2010, 10:15 PM
Impressive....

wildgu6
15th October 2010, 06:59 PM
That is brilliant, tried downloading once before but had issues.
Got it now and that is great.
Cheers buddy, much thanks Pete

Tipper
21st October 2010, 08:03 PM
Close, have you any thing on the 1999 gu turbo deisel?

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 04:00 PM
sorry guys i am a bit crazy

i wonder if you can get banned before getting the manual, do the right thing mate and introduce urself and post a proper post not just crap 2 get the manual

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 04:17 PM
i love my car

there always has to be one!!!

patch697
24th October 2010, 04:21 PM
there always has to be one!!!

hahahahahahahhahah

Chops
24th October 2010, 04:21 PM
i wonder if you can get banned before getting the manual,

I would expect that to happen, and I hope it does..................anyone. I might just remove the links to the manuals if this is going to happen.

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 04:28 PM
I would expect that to happen, and I hope it does..................anyone. I might just remove the links to the manuals if this is going to happen.

I expected it too, there always has 2 be at least 1 to spoil it 4 everyone else chops :(

Woof
24th October 2010, 04:33 PM
jgigiihgihuhuuukkibg

Be careful Neil, or you will be no longer on this forum.

patch697
24th October 2010, 05:15 PM

We don't want this to happen either so this bloke will be watched & if he dose not heed Doggy's warning he will be gone so I hope he's reading this & takes note.

Chops
24th October 2010, 05:29 PM
It just shows complete disrespect to this forum and its members, especially the ones that make it what it is, I have zero tolerance to these clowns.

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 05:35 PM
It just shows complete disrespect to this forum and its members, especially the ones that make it what it is, I have zero tolerance to these clowns.
agree with u chops, and a big thankyou 2 Andy, you and the other main members that make it what it is ( u know who u are, 2 many 2 list )

patch697
24th October 2010, 06:18 PM
agree with u chops, and a big thankyou 2 Andy, you and the other main members that make it what it is ( u know who u are, 2 many 2 list )

Much appreciated Todd & believe me its a passion not a job. The members here are what makes this forum such a great place to be & thats it in a nut shell.

I myself & Im sure I can speak for AB & Doggy here am dedicated to keeping this forum the great place its become as it continues to grow.

AB
24th October 2010, 06:59 PM
This guys gone now everyone and his posts are also deleted.

Just realised you all have had a bit of a convo about him so feel free to dlete your posts or just leave them there...Either way, doesn't matter.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Chops
24th October 2010, 07:02 PM
This guys gone now everyone and his posts are also deleted.

Good move, now I can get on with my life. :D

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2010, 07:19 PM
Thank you Andy :)

jbs
25th October 2010, 01:49 PM
sorry guys can i ask what happened??

AB
25th October 2010, 01:54 PM
Someone was trying to post up jargon to get their 25 count for the manuals....Just started typing "jhkdfhklslfk".

It's not hard to write an intro about yourself and join in on some conversations and help out with some questions thats all.

jbs
25th October 2010, 02:25 PM
yeh thats crap theres no need for it at all.

Cadbury
3rd November 2010, 10:42 PM
Hi guys, Am I doing somethign wrong, but the links to all the pages do not seem to be working.

NissanGQ4.2
3rd November 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi guys, Am I doing somethign wrong, but the links to all the pages do not seem to be working.

the link should download a pdf file, open that.... then click on the link that will download the manual which is a pdf file

just tested the link and its working fine

deano
15th November 2010, 05:23 PM
thanks Ab
I've been looking for few manuals on line as I'm a Mechanic and have a few jobs on a gu coming up and you never know when you need it for a bit of tech advice.
I,ll keep checking the site routinly to see whats happening.
cheers
Deano

I

patch697
16th November 2010, 11:35 AM
thanks Ab
I've been looking for few manuals on line as I'm a Mechanic and have a few jobs on a gu coming up and you never know when you need it for a bit of tech advice.
I,ll keep checking the site routinly to see whats happening.
cheers
Deano

If you wouldn't mind? Could you help out with some of your mechanical knowledge in some of the question posted up here that would be great mate.

paul1351
26th November 2010, 07:25 PM
cool thanks mate

ilikedonuts_10
10th December 2010, 08:06 PM
looks good,

Still got to get to 25 posts so I can use it though

Woof
10th December 2010, 08:10 PM
looks good,

Still got to get to 25 posts so I can use it though

You seem to be clocking them up OK, only 7 too go mate

Majed
21st December 2010, 01:08 AM
Thank you ..

sertecpc
21st December 2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks a lot

adrian.rose
29th December 2010, 10:52 AM
having an issue with the download - can anyone help please?

YNOT
29th December 2010, 11:58 AM
You need 25 posts up to get access to manuals.

Tony

guy forks
11th January 2011, 04:28 AM
thanks guys.got me hands on the manuals last night.it was a great feeling,like winning the last level on a computer game.thanks again.magic site

Col.T
20th January 2011, 05:42 PM
GU Patrol Service Manual - 156.81mb

http://www.mediafire.com/?cy9s52h2ckt1dko

Someone download it and let me know if its any good please. I'm sure some of you will love this one.

Instructions: Unzip to a folder, "Double Click" on the "sm_y61" PDF and a menu will open with all the Manuals and Supplements.

Chops, A.B.(Tony I think) etc,etc,
I've probably lost the plot somewhere but I recently bought a C/D manual which cost about $20 or so. It's called a GU technical manual and included a GR manual as a bonus. Still don't know what a GR is but it has a ZD30DDTi and seems to be sold in the north of Scotland as best I can tell. Haven't bothered with it (yet).
The contents seem to be identical with ours as put up by A.B. BUT there are two extra supplements.

One is labelled SM6E Y61JG1 and although I haven't gone into it yet it seems to be a post ZD30 issue.
The other is SM7E Y61KG1 and the GI states (among other stuff) that the common rail engine has been adopted for Oz. and has data for the common rail, specifically in the lubrication section.
I've had a quick look at the EC section and it has a load of stuff on the common rail system which I think is later than what I got down from our site.
At this stage I reckon I've got just about all I need BUT I have no idea what Supps. have been issued since these. Anyone got any idea??

C D Seller <zd351v8@gmail.com> is the site I got the C/D from and the chap was very helpful. I hope this is of some interest and apologise if it's all been covered before.
Cheers
Col

Taygz
20th January 2011, 11:41 PM
This is a classic thread! So many people just saying random stuff to get their posts up so they can download the manual. You wouldnt find me doing anything like that.....

YNOT
20th January 2011, 11:43 PM
This is a classic thread! So many people just saying random stuff to get their posts up so they can download the manual. You wouldnt find me doing anything like that.....

That's good to hear. Most people who try that get banned before they get the manuals.

Tony

Simon
20th January 2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks for this :)

Chops
21st January 2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks Col, I replied to your PM.

jado
24th January 2011, 01:46 AM
this 25 post thing is a good idea to people to interact with the forum but man its painful... wot to say?
i am hoping this download wil help me with my rb 25 conversion there is another download around but its lost or removed.

apparently there r 3 main plugs under the dash of the 98 2.8 gu's that r the main interface between the body loom and the engine loom and this is where most of the wiring work is goin to be, hopefully once i have the pinouts for these plugs i shouldnt have any serios dramas

YNOT
24th January 2011, 06:54 AM
Hopefully now that you have acess to the manuals you will stop thread padding (spreading what you say over multiple posts just to get the count up).

Tony

Bob
24th January 2011, 07:29 AM
Hopefully now that you have acess to the manuals you will stop thread padding (spreading what you say over multiple posts just to get the count up).

Tony

agree tony

AB
24th January 2011, 09:17 AM
Damn...lol....Who was on night shift last night?....lol

Woof
24th January 2011, 03:22 PM
Damn...lol....Who was on night shift last night?....lol

Just checked the shift roster AB and guess who mate.................YOU.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/
I am on afternoons this week.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Almost Dun
24th January 2011, 05:49 PM
Hey guys i cant dowload the manual as i dont have the required posts but is it the same as the one in the bottom of the linked page , i will remove the link when i get an answer so people dont just go to the site to rape the manual

Cheers , Dylan

EDIT -- link removed

Bob
25th January 2011, 11:06 AM
cry me a river,

You obviously dont know how to act on this Forum.

AB
25th January 2011, 11:12 AM
Jado, there are a good people on this forum and we don't tolerate smartass attitude.

I have banned you from the forum for a little bit in the hope that you can come back one day and show some respect to other members.

You were asking questions and joining the conversations and could have enjoyed a great community here but we are keeping this forum free from attitudes like yours.

Hopefully see you back here one day with respect mate!

AB
25th January 2011, 11:22 AM
Hey guys i cant dowload the manual as i dont have the required posts but is it the same as the one in the bottom of the linked page , i will remove the link when i get an answer so people dont just go to the site to rape the manual

Cheers , Dylan

Missed this post Dylan.

I havent downloaded that one so not sure if It's the same one but you only need a few more posts so you should just join in a couple more conversations and have a look.

patch697
25th January 2011, 11:55 AM
Man bugger the floods I miss out on all the fun...................lolololol

Almost Dun
25th January 2011, 08:23 PM
Missed this post Dylan.

I havent downloaded that one so not sure if It's the same one but you only need a few more posts so you should just join in a couple more conversations and have a look.

No worries thankyou , im pretty sure its the same full factory manual that i already have , i didnt join just to get it , like the site keen to hang around , i will remove thw link could you please remove it from your quote so the site doesnt get bombarded with people like Jaido

Cheers , Dylan

Woof
25th January 2011, 08:52 PM
Man bugger the floods I miss out on all the fun...................lolololol

Welcome back Pauly, tag your it mate...lol

AB
25th January 2011, 09:19 PM
No worries thankyou , im pretty sure its the same full factory manual that i already have , i didnt join just to get it , like the site keen to hang around , i will remove thw link could you please remove it from your quote so the site doesnt get bombarded with people like Jaido

Cheers , Dylan
haha, no worries mate, all done!

When you get there just download it anyway, you never know!

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2011, 09:29 PM
looks like i missed out on all the fun, see what happens when u close your eyes *L*

raneydelrey
5th February 2011, 02:40 AM
Thanks this is a really big help

Milik607
10th February 2011, 05:49 AM
Does anyone know where to find the manual for the engines of the 4.2 turbo and non turbo?

Milik607
10th February 2011, 07:14 AM
Děkuji,výborný program.

YNOT
10th February 2011, 08:01 AM
Děkuji,výborný program.

Translation from Czech "thank you, super"

Tony

stormboy9
11th February 2011, 05:31 PM
Hi all just sighed in for the first time ,I have a 2003 gu Patrol and do a fair amount of interstate towing,the front discs have warped and need replaceing [pedal goes up and down under brakes ] an exploded view of the front hub assembly would be helpfull,can you assist?

YNOT
11th February 2011, 05:41 PM
Hi all just sighed in for the first time ,I have a 2003 gu Patrol and do a fair amount of interstate towing,the front discs have warped and need replaceing [pedal goes up and down under brakes ] an exploded view of the front hub assembly would be helpfull,can you assist?

Welcome to the forum. It's always nice to post an introduction before asking questions.

You need 25 posts up to get access to the manuals but check this thread, it has some photos that may assist you; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2067-How-do-i-change-a-gu-cv&highlight=front+hubs

Tony

stormboy9
11th February 2011, 06:00 PM
This is my first message posted, I am replaceing the front discs tomorrow,on my 2003 GU patrol ,an exploded view of the hub assembly would be helpfull,can you help?

YNOT
11th February 2011, 06:12 PM
If you check the link in post #81 there are photos that show how to pull the hub apart. Once you have the hub off it's only 6 more bolts to remove the rotar.

Tony

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 06:13 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stormboy9
11th February 2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks Tony, for the photos. As you have probably gathered I am not that flash on the computer,this is the fifth 4 wheel drive I have had ,all from new, the last three have been Nissan Patrols, the reasons, very reliable, good performance.

cheers
Les

YNOT
11th February 2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks Tony, for the photos. As you have probably gathered I am not that flash on the computer,this is the fifth 4 wheel drive I have had ,all from new, the last three have been Nissan Patrols, the reasons, very reliable, good performance.

cheers
Les

That's the same reasons why all 7 cars I have had have been Nissans, 4 of them Patrols.

You're doing OK on the computer.

Tony

Major Black
16th February 2011, 03:07 PM
this is awesome & thanks, but for some reason its not allowing me to download it :-(

Major Black
16th February 2011, 03:11 PM
this is awesome & thanks, but for some reason its not allowing me to download it :-(

and I have done my 25 posts..cheers :-)

Bob
16th February 2011, 03:26 PM
and I have done my 25 posts..cheers :-)

This was supplied by AB on another Post

If you have made 25 posts and cannot download the manuals then the chances are that you never confirmed your email address when you signed up.

When you sign up and give your correct email address then a welcome email will be sent to you which will have a link to confirm you email is correct.

This stops people spamming the site, etc.

If you don't confirm your email then you get stuck in a category which will not let you download the manuals no matter how many posts you have made.

If you can't find your email or gave the wrong email address when you signed up and you have over 25 posts than just send me an email with your username and I will fix this for you.

Cheers

Andy

BLUEY
13th March 2011, 06:42 AM
sorry mate not up on these computer stuff yet but will learn trying to change my radio in my patrol so need the wiring

YNOT
13th March 2011, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the forum Bluey, you need 25 posts up to get access to the manuals. Why not drop by the introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself and your Patrol.

Tony

turners
1st April 2011, 03:49 PM
only 24 posts to go before i can access this manual can't wait need to replace belts on my nissan. what a big job!!! should have put it in the shop.

AB
1st April 2011, 04:00 PM
only 24 posts to go before i can access this manual can't wait need to replace belts on my nissan. what a big job!!! should have put it in the shop.

Welcome to the forum mate, introduce yourself in the introductions section, join in some conversations and you'll have 25 posts up in no time...

Enjoy!

Ruby
3rd April 2011, 01:48 AM
I originally bought the GQ many years ago for over $100, what a find. Well done and thanks

Nobby
15th April 2011, 01:14 PM
For those members needing the original full factory 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Manual.

Enjoy!

If anyone else needs other manuals or has some information that would be handy for our forum then please contact us (http://http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/contact-us.html) and we will put them on here.

***IF YOU HAVE JUST SIGNED UP TO GET THESE MANUALS THEN THATS GREAT BUT AT LEAST INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND SAY HI TO THE COMMUNITY***

Wow this will make some light bed time reading.
Thanks for this great resource!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dagny78
19th April 2011, 04:15 AM
hi
we are from iceland, and we are having some problems with our Nissan patrol 94, y60, 2,8. the oil pump faild (we think) lots of nois in the engine, almost like a hamer inside it, but we cant find any manuals on how to put the engine back together

katwoman
19th April 2011, 04:24 AM
hi
we are from iceland, and we are having some problems with our Nissan patrol 94, y60, 2,8. the oil pump faild (we think) lots of nois in the engine, almost like a hamer inside it, but we cant find any manuals on how to put the engine back together

Hi mate, if you read through, you should put up an introduction and then have 25 posts and then you can download the manual. But the guys here are really helpful and you will find they will try to help you. You may need to wait a little while as it's 4am here, and no-ones awake.

Darwin Bound
27th April 2011, 03:35 PM
Ummm...not to sound like a dill but this would be ok for a 2000 model as well wouldn't it? I am looking for something to go over before pulling injectors out lol.

ajip
7th May 2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys . Hoping this will give me the answers i need .

luna-sea
8th May 2011, 11:46 AM
Hello all,
Writing from Canada,
will possibly become more
entertaining after 25 posts!
interested in Fixing a 4.2 diesel.....1989 safari

Right On!

AB
9th May 2011, 09:12 AM
Hello all,
Writing from Canada,
will possibly become more
entertaining after 25 posts!
interested in Fixing a 4.2 diesel.....1989 safari

Right On!

The manuals are free now and you don't need 25 posts to download them. let me know if you are having issues downloading them?

Donbar
10th May 2011, 09:34 PM
Hi Andy ,just wandering if the 1998 GU manual is the same as the 1999 GU manual.If not, do you know where I can find one? Thanks

AB
10th May 2011, 09:40 PM
Hi Andy ,just wandering if the 1998 GU manual is the same as the 1999 GU manual.If not, do you know where I can find one? Thanks

Hi mate I don't own a gu and haven't read this but I'm pretty sure there is no difference at all.

NissanGQ4.2
10th May 2011, 09:40 PM

Hi mate check this thread out http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?569-Aussie-Version-Nissan-Patrol-Supplement-Manual-Version-8 and view my post with the pic, is this the manual your after?

Danni
1st June 2011, 01:18 PM
Grant here,, just signed up,, been looking for a manual for my patrol pickup... been a truck for me and want to keep it going well, but have some serious vibration coming from the front end.. not sure if it is a bearing or not, ,but the truck is only 3 years old.. hope you guys can help.

Enjoy!

Bigrig
1st June 2011, 01:25 PM
Grant here,, just signed up,, been looking for a manual for my patrol pickup... been a truck for me and want to keep it going well, but have some serious vibration coming from the front end.. not sure if it is a bearing or not, ,but the truck is only 3 years old.. hope you guys can help.

G'day mate - two quick ones - if you could throw your intro up in the introductions section as not everyone goes into the manual thread etc, and there is a few threads in here on the vibration issue - use the search function mate and you should find them, but if not just open a new thread and no doubt you'll get plenty of advice.

On the vibration issue - have you checked all bushes, boots, rubbers, joints, arms, etc on the front end? Have you checked the tyres for any signs of delamination (the tread coming away) or bubbles/out of round? Have you just fitted large negative offset rims? And have you jacked up each side and given the wheel a good "wobble" to suss out if it could be the bearings? All goods things to check, and let us know if you need any assistance/further information.

Welcome aboard mate!!

oxe351
16th August 2011, 11:10 PM
hey guys.... im having trouble downloading this manual?
i have a mac, when i click download it comes up with a page saying click the link below but it does nothing?
i need the wiring diagram for a 98 gu rd28, if somone could help out it would be much appreciated.

thanks grant

YNOT
17th August 2011, 06:40 AM
i have a mac, when i click download it comes up with a page saying click the link below but it does nothing?
i need the wiring diagram for a 98 gu rd28, if somone could help out it would be much appreciated.

thanks grant

I have the manual on my work computer and will be down your way today, call me on the number I sent you by PM.

Tony

AB
17th August 2011, 09:19 AM

thanks grant

Thansk Tony.

What browser are you using?

In Firefox or Chrome when you click the link it downloads the manual and only shows you a little download icon in the bottom left of the screen. Some people don't realise that they have actually downloaded it and keep pressing the button and thus download about 10 copies of it...

Have a look at your downloads folder on your computer which is normally under your username folder...I have no idea about Macs but it should be the same location I think?

MudRunnerTD
17th August 2011, 10:44 AM

thanks grant
Hey Oxe,

i am on a Mac too mate and i have the manuals.

From memory it sends you a URL link that you have to post in a new tab in Safari and then it will download for you. Check your history section on your hard-drive also for stuff under "today" and you will probably find it. Do you have a seperate little popup that comes up to show you when you are downloading something? if you do then just click on that and it should open the file.

The file is over 1200 pages from memory and will likely go to your downloaded items folder by default and it will want to open in Adobe. do you have the latest Adobe?

Cheers Darren

oxe351
17th August 2011, 10:01 PM
thanks guys, just worked it out.
just gotta search through and find what i need now =)

once again thanks for the help..

grant

andmalis
10th October 2011, 01:44 AM
Hi, I am from Fiji and am looking for a service manual for my Nissan Patrol Y60 series vehicle. I am having problems with the sound that seems to be that of the Tappets and would like to know what the valve clearances are.

I hope someone can help my on my problem.

AB
10th October 2011, 10:17 AM
Hi, I am from Fiji and am looking for a service manual for my Nissan Patrol Y60 series vehicle. I am having problems with the sound that seems to be that of the Tappets and would like to know what the valve clearances are.

I hope someone can help my on my problem.

Hi mate, you need to have 25 posts to download the manuals. Simply join in some light hearted conversations, ask any questions, welcome some other new members and you'll have the manuals in no time.

In regards to the valve clearances, have a look at this thread = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?603-TB42-Tappet-Adjustment

spoty_4
11th October 2011, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the great find AB

convict_au
31st January 2012, 07:13 PM
does anybody know where you can get the tb45 service manual

westy_1973
7th April 2012, 10:17 PM
G'day M8, just joined this group as i've recently bought a 98 GU 2.8 TD.... Think my clutch is on the way out after a trip to Morton Is where I had to drag a Toyota Landcruiser half way around the bloody Island.... could u help me out with some technical info? Cheers Bretto.

Woof
9th April 2012, 07:07 PM
G'day M8, just joined this group as i've recently bought a 98 GU 2.8 TD.... Think my clutch is on the way out after a trip to Morton Is where I had to drag a Toyota Landcruiser half way around the bloody Island.... could u help me out with some technical info? Cheers Bretto.

Hey Bretto, just post 25 posts up mate and the manuals are yours, easy to do just don't post up any crap ones mate.

NissanGQ4.2
9th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Hey Bretto, just post 25 posts up mate and the manuals are yours, easy to do just don't post up any crap ones mate.

Why not everybody else does *LMAO*

I think Dogman is sayin be warned he is on guard, don't worry Bretto he doesn't bite much *L*

Rick111
28th April 2012, 08:11 AM
G'day AB, thankyou for your information, great to see people helping out their fellow 4Wheelers. Unfortunately I haven't got 25 threads up so I can't download it yet, what I would like to know is does this manual cover the GU 4.2TD as well
Cheers, Rick,

AB
28th April 2012, 08:31 AM
Yes mate, it should cover that. I havent looked at this one but I'm pretty sure it does.

Just go welcome another 2 members mate and you'll be good to go.

big blue beast
1st May 2012, 01:02 PM
howdy im con are there specs on fuses in this puppy?

growler2058
1st May 2012, 01:38 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard jump over to the intros mate and say g'day you'll get a better response after an intro cheers

Tappin N Crappin

powkers
6th May 2012, 09:16 PM
awesome thanks

growler2058
6th May 2012, 09:26 PM
awesome thanks
It is a great resource and thanks to those who made it happen.
I have rarely used mine as i get all the answers i need here and with real pics.
hope ya keep chucking the excellant photos up that youve taken also cheers

sooty_10
10th May 2012, 04:41 PM
AB is a legend.

xerat
18th July 2012, 10:03 AM
Excellent thank you very much

LukeandTania
12th August 2012, 05:09 PM
can someone please tell me how to download it as i am new to this. thanks in advance

LukeandTania
12th August 2012, 05:14 PM
help it wont let me download it. any ideas?

NissanGQ4.2
12th August 2012, 05:16 PM
can someone please tell me how to download it as i am new to this. thanks in advance

Welcome Luke and Tania,

You need to make 25 post on the forum before you can download the manuals, firstly introduce yourself to the forum in the intro thread ( link 2 it in my signature ) then just welcome in some 24 other new members... Easy as that.

Don't forget to come back after you have the manual as there is more info on the forum than any manual, all u have 2 do is ask a question.

Cheers

Todd

LukeandTania
12th August 2012, 05:53 PM
hi i am new to this. i need to post 25 replies but i have done over 10 and it keeps saying i have only posted 7. arghhhh

rumchaser
28th September 2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for this needed it

NissanGQ4.2
28th September 2012, 06:01 PM
hi i am new to this. i need to post 25 replies but i have done over 10 and it keeps saying i have only posted 7. arghhhh

That would be because you have done 3 post in this thread that were irrelevant, so have been deleted by the moderators.

If you wanted the manual all you had 2 do was post an intro about yourself ( which you done ) then welcome in 24 new members, which is not very hard to do.

Posting in threads that doesn't contain information relevant to that thread will ever get moved by a moderator 2 the correct place or if its just crap 2 get a manual it will get deleted.

Cheers

Todd

FredFrothen
10th November 2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the download

eching
26th March 2013, 09:18 AM
I need this manual please helpme...

Bob
26th March 2013, 09:25 AM
I need this manual please helpme...

All you need do mate is welcome a few new members and join in some conversations and after 25 Posts you can dowload the Manuals

trekster
4th April 2013, 10:24 PM
Everytime I click the link from the pdf, It opens in my browser rather then downloading it, Is there a trick to it?

Cheers.

TPC
4th April 2013, 10:30 PM
Everytime I click the link from the pdf, It opens in my browser rather then downloading it, Is there a trick to it?

Cheers.
Click on it with your right mouse button and select "save target as"

trekster
5th April 2013, 09:20 PM
Sorted it out! Thanks...

*edit* Thought I fixed it, But I was trying the wrong link d'oh!

I'm trying to download the manual for the 2.8

But everytime I copy it into my browser, it loads it :confused:

NissanGQ4.2
5th April 2013, 10:44 PM
Sorted it out! Thanks...

*edit* Thought I fixed it, But I was trying the wrong link d'oh!

I'm trying to download the manual for the 2.8

But everytime I copy it into my browser, it loads it :confused:

I have removed the link mate, please do not post the direct link on the forum as it by passes the 25 post download rule

Cheers

Toddie

trekster
6th April 2013, 08:45 PM
I have removed the link mate, please do not post the direct link on the forum as it by passes the 25 post download rule

Lol i'm an idiot, sorry bout that dehhhhh, Don't worry I gave myself a head slap!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm absolutely retarded and still can't figure this out, user error most definitely!!!

Cheers.

BigRAWesty
6th April 2013, 08:50 PM
If still struggling just copy and paste the link from pdf to web page

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

NissanGQ4.2
6th April 2013, 08:56 PM
Lol i'm an idiot, sorry bout that dehhhhh, Don't worry I gave myself a head slap!!!!!!

Anyways, I'm absolutely retarded and still can't figure this out, user error most definitely!!!

Cheers.

No worries mate, and your not retarted, PM sent

Cheers

Toddie

TPC
7th April 2013, 01:16 AM

Cheers.
If you have no luck PM me your Ph No and i will talk you through it.

NissanGQ4.2
7th April 2013, 05:48 AM
If you have no luck PM me your Ph No and i will talk you through it.

All sorted now :)

grim596
5th May 2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the upload mate

AB
5th May 2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the upload mate

Hey mate, welcome to the forum, put up an introduction about yourself in the introductions section and if you are after the manuals you need 25 posts to download them. Simply welcome some other new members and join in some conversations mate.

PMC
28th August 2013, 03:02 PM

Enjoy!

G'day AB,

Finally got around to read this thread (I am a lazy bastard at times. lol) It is fantastic that you were able to provide such a valuable manual such as this one.

I personally believe that Forum Sponsors members "only" should be the ones to have access to this extremely valuable information. That way it stops the users & squeezers from obtaining this hard to come by manual.

Unfortunately my friend, we live in a world where "some people" just love take and give nothing in return. Hence (users & squeezers)!

PS, Job well done in obtaining such a valuable manual.

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

AB
28th August 2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I reckon that's a good idea too bud!

PMC
29th August 2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I reckon that's a good idea too bud!

Do something about it! You have the support of the vast overwhelming forum members!

Regards,

Paul

MudRunnerTD
29th August 2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah we have been telling him. Do it AB.

ALAJRASS
22nd September 2013, 09:57 PM
Hi ,, this is ALAJRASS for NISSAN autos ECU repair , .. i will try to download it soon ..

Woof
22nd September 2013, 10:14 PM
Hi ,, this is ALAJRASS for NISSAN autos ECU repair , .. i will try to download it soon ..

Try all you like mate...cannot download anything now

growler2058
23rd September 2013, 08:31 PM
Jump on over to the intros brother before the dogman sniffs you out

NissanGQ4.2
23rd September 2013, 09:08 PM
Jump on over to the intros brother before the dogman sniffs you out

To late I sniffed him out *L*

benmurphy
14th January 2015, 02:19 AM
Hi there, I cant seem to download this manual. Goes to a page saying im not allowed. Any other way to send it to me, maybe private message. Would appreciate it a lot. Thanks heaps mate.

Clunk
14th January 2015, 02:26 AM
Hi there, I cant seem to download this manual. Goes to a page saying im not allowed. Any other way to send it to me, maybe private message. Would appreciate it a lot. Thanks heaps mate.

First off you need to make sure you've registered a valid email address, secondly you need to have a total of 25 posts in order to download manuals from here. You've already put up an intro, some pics of your rig would be good. You can also go welcome some new members to get your post count up.... Whatever you do though don't go spamming the forum with nonsense, as that's the fasted way to get booted

hoppingmad
21st April 2015, 08:05 AM
Hi, quick question. Does this one also cover the TD42? the only manuals i have been able to find that cover that engine are the GQ manuals. thought id clarify before sucking up download speed.

thanks chaps.

BigRAWesty
21st April 2015, 08:17 AM
Hi, quick question. Does this one also cover the TD42? the only manuals i have been able to find that cover that engine are the GQ manuals. thought id clarify before sucking up download speed. thanks chaps.
Hi mate. We ask all new member to jump over to the intros and throw one up.
Step 1 of 2.
The second we ask is introduce another 24 members and the manuals yours for free.
Or I think you can now pay a yearly au and get it for free.

Anyway the blokes here have lots more info than any manual can give..

hoppingmad
21st April 2015, 08:24 AM
yeah all good mate...just did the intro thing.

i just wanted to clarify....as you can see i have been a member for a few years but never really need to post anything till now....im one of the few people who actually use the search function. lol

BigRAWesty
21st April 2015, 08:28 AM
yeah all good mate...just did the intro thing. i just wanted to clarify....as you can see i have been a member for a few years but never really need to post anything till now....im one of the few people who actually use the search function. lol

Yea nice one. Well a long overdue welcome lol

hoppingmad
21st April 2015, 08:41 AM
lol thanks mate.

seriously tho, does this manual cover the td42 in the GU patrol...the factory turbo engine?

threedogs
21st April 2015, 08:45 AM
or you can get it off ebay,,,,,

BigRAWesty
21st April 2015, 08:46 AM
No idea sorry mate.
Hopefully Mudrunner will be on soon as he also has a gu td42

sooty_10
21st April 2015, 11:45 PM
lol thanks mate.

seriously tho, does this manual cover the td42 in the GU patrol...the factory turbo engine?

I have a factory GU td42t and use the manuals from time to time. There is sections which pertain to the td42t you just have to know which edition/supplement to look in from memory (been a while since I used it)

dapunkd
29th April 2015, 10:59 AM
Cheers mate

Woof
29th April 2015, 11:32 AM
Cheers mate

Hey mate, if you require the manual then post up an introduction, all you need is 25 posts and you will have access to download them.
Please do not post any rubbish though.

njp
22nd July 2015, 12:42 AM
Hi I just bought a 98 st gu 2.8 diesel. Would this be the right manual to download for it?

Cheers Nathan

Clunk
22nd July 2015, 01:07 AM
Hi I just bought a 98 st gu 2.8 diesel. Would this be the right manual to download for it?

Cheers Nathan
Only one way to find out for sure

same
16th September 2015, 04:30 AM
does it cover 2002 dt4.2 best wishes

jeplising
5th April 2016, 04:23 PM
Need manual for GU Patrol 2.8 1998

BigRAWesty
5th April 2016, 05:07 PM
Need manual for GU Patrol 2.8 1998
Need a bit more than that

jeplising
5th April 2016, 09:52 PM
How to install water pump on 1998 GU Patrol 2.8 turbo?

BigRAWesty
5th April 2016, 10:20 PM
How to install water pump on 1998 GU Patrol 2.8 turbo?
I mean you need 25; posts to download manuals..

But throw up an introduction and the question in the correct section and I'm sure a few members will assist.

reimersh
21st May 2016, 12:26 AM
My name is Heinrich.
Just Signed up for this site because it looks like there is allot of helpful fellas on it.

NissanGQ4.2
21st May 2016, 06:00 AM
My name is Heinrich.
Just Signed up for this site because it looks like there is allot of helpful fellas on it.

So you didn't join just 2 download the GU manual? *L*

nekroracer
16th June 2016, 11:29 PM
any info on how to replace the fan clutch on a y61 4,8 l ?

AOsman12
8th August 2016, 06:48 AM
that is great.

jamieaus
13th March 2017, 10:26 PM
Hi I am Jamie

I joined to download the manual looking for information on installing a rd28Ti in a gq patrol that has a RD28T if anyone can point out what would be required electrically then I have no need to donwload the manual and can save on server resources.

Thanks

Jamie.

AB
14th March 2017, 07:45 AM
Hi Jamie. Maybe start a new thread asking this as a lot of people may not see this but you're welcome to download the manual too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

em6er
11th April 2017, 07:19 PM
that's great

em6er
11th April 2017, 07:22 PM
i can't download it

AB
11th April 2017, 07:28 PM
Bit more effort in your politeness may be causing issues mate...

growler2058
11th April 2017, 07:49 PM
Bit more effort in your politeness may be causing issues mate...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa................

CHARLY HOTEL
9th June 2017, 09:32 PM
ok I am sorry !
I am CHARLY HOTEL and I dont read or write verry well so excuse me please (I can speak but there is a lot of words for wich I don't know the meanings , I live in France, I am looking for manuals from the Nissan Patrol GU ST 4500 1998/1999. thanks for
helping me

specsrb26
18th June 2017, 08:10 PM
Been looking for this for a while now

specsrb26
18th June 2017, 08:18 PM
Hey lads, Specs here, Just having a browse around here and it seems pretty good so far, Been looking for this manual high and low and its here haha Good stuff dude :D

shoot, didn't notice my first comment came through but yeah...

AB
18th June 2017, 08:20 PM
Hey lads, Specs here, Just having a browse around here and it seems pretty good so far, Been looking for this manual high and low and its here haha Good stuff dude :D

Glad we can help you mate and welcome to the forum. Feel free to throw up an intro about yourself in the intro section and member rides forum to show off your beast too!

Dawsboot
27th June 2017, 12:25 AM
New Nissan Patrol owner living in Nicaragua.

Lionel_Sypher
19th September 2017, 12:43 AM
Thanks for finding this i recently misplaced the original i had! this should help me heaps!

AB
19th September 2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks for finding this i recently misplaced the original i had! this should help me heaps!

Hang around mate, good bunch of muppets on here...

GTR 34
26th September 2017, 11:43 PM
Hi All,
Just got myself a GU, and ready to go have same fun.
Cheers Paul.

MB
27th September 2017, 12:13 AM
Welcome aboard Paul mate !

SMOO105
17th December 2017, 11:38 AM
Hello,

Thank you for this, am in the process of returning my old GU to it's previous glory.

I'm sure this will be a wonderful task of the Christmas break to stop thinking about work.

Have been reviewing many of the forum pages for helpful answers to initially thought too hard to fix problems.

Thanks again and great community,

SMOO...

getsickcure
4th May 2018, 09:17 AM

Enjoy!

really helpful bro thanks

Jack_Dualn
6th May 2018, 08:09 AM
Cool, I need one

mztw
12th June 2018, 07:21 AM

Enjoy!

hi dear i want this manual

NissanGQ4.2
26th June 2018, 05:24 PM
hi dear i want this manual

Download it then

Chevy
15th July 2018, 04:30 PM
This is awesome nice work

Vagn Moerch
5th August 2018, 08:01 AM
Thank You AB! i am helping my friend in Greenland!

MIKEJBYRNE
6th August 2018, 10:43 PM
Hi All,

Just picked up my 1999 Nissan Patrol st gu 4500. Mainly for 4x4 and beach driving/camping. I was towing my Jayco trailer on the weekend and was disappointed at the pulling power and fuel economy, so immeditaly came back and started researching ways to increase power and obtain better fuel economy.

I love this car though and although it is a tank to drive, I feel confident it will get the job done when the going gets tough! The other car is an Audi and prefer driving my truck already!

Looking forward to getting under the bonnet of this beauty, appreciate the manual!

Mike

mrvlt87
9th August 2018, 04:47 PM
hi guys
is anyone able to unlock me so that I can download a manual?

I tried messaging someone a month ago but I haven't gotten a reply
cheers

AB
9th August 2018, 06:02 PM
hi guys
is anyone able to unlock me so that I can download a manual?

I tried messaging someone a month ago but I haven't gotten a reply
cheers

Try now mate, who did you message?

carlos
30th August 2018, 03:54 PM
thank you that is gold

jakeharriss
19th September 2018, 11:58 PM
thank you very much this is what I was looking for, does anyone knows if there a place where I can buy the oil pump for nissan patrol tb45? I have been trying to find it since I wanted make an overhaul

m9792
18th November 2018, 12:07 AM
tanks for best post

archiensnz
30th November 2018, 10:36 PM
thank you very muxh for it

DanJones
6th December 2018, 10:22 AM
This is awesome! Literally the only place on the net to download a non virus infected manual!

El Comandante
20th January 2019, 11:12 PM
Thank you so much for providing this manual. Was looking for it a long time.

chrislqualls
11th March 2019, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys. This is amazing. Glad to join the community and looking forward to learning about my new patrol. I just bought a 1998 DX Deisel and have a lot to learn.

Woof
11th March 2019, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys. This is amazing. Glad to join the community and looking forward to learning about my new patrol. I just bought a 1998 DX Deisel and have a lot to learn.

Hi mate, just post up an introduction and ask away, no such thing as a stupid question on here

Pluggy
3rd April 2019, 07:20 AM
Thankyou AB for all the hard work gone into this

scott_k44
21st May 2019, 03:36 PM
thanks for the manual :)

Rustyno1
13th July 2019, 04:31 PM
Hi all just. I’m wanting to rebuild a 99 gu 2.8 gearbox. It’s for my sons 18th and just want some advice as to rebuild kits, manuals. It’s my parents old car they are handing down to their grandson. It was stopped being driven last yr and we dropped the oil out of transmission and there was quite a bit of metal in there. It was hard to get into and out of 2 gear. I’m quite handy with rebuilding thing just want to know the right parts I might need and a manual to guide me through. I’m going to get the basic kit with bearings and seals then purchase parts that are damaged when I come a cross them. So any ideas for places for cheap gears sincros if I need them. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rustyno1
13th July 2019, 04:35 PM
Also I have read the previous posts and I can’t believe the knowledge a lot of you have and that you are so generous to pass it on. Any info, videos or website that you have knowledge of that could assist would be fantastic. Thank you in advance

rusty_nail
13th July 2019, 08:11 PM
Hi all just. I’m wanting to rebuild a 99 gu 2.8 gearbox. It’s for my sons 18th and just want some advice as to rebuild kits, manuals. It’s my parents old car they are handing down to their grandson. It was stopped being driven last yr and we dropped the oil out of transmission and there was quite a bit of metal in there. It was hard to get into and out of 2 gear. I’m quite handy with rebuilding thing just want to know the right parts I might need and a manual to guide me through. I’m going to get the basic kit with bearings and seals then purchase parts that are damaged when I come a cross them. So any ideas for places for cheap gears sincros if I need them. Any help would be greatly appreciatedHi mate, just read your two posts, as you seem to have garnered, you will learn alot more from the members on here than the manuals. If you have a specific question (such as rebuild kitsch etc) I suggest starting a thread with your questions and intentions? Alot of the more knowledgeable members dont venture into this thread as most people that come here are one post wonders "thanks for the manual" never to be seen again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rustyno1
14th July 2019, 02:46 PM
Thank you. I have posted a new thread:

GU 1999 2.8l 5speed manual Gearbox rebuild help required

Rustyno1
14th July 2019, 02:49 PM
If you could send traffic to that tread I would appreciate it

ookolm
7th August 2019, 10:25 PM
thanks for the manual! :)

Rustyno1
21st August 2019, 07:57 PM
Thanks for putting up manual. Legend

mudski
22nd August 2019, 02:40 PM
Thanks for putting up manual. Legend

Yeah and the best bit is you dont have to make 25 posts on the forum to get it anymore....

Spindleshanks
22nd August 2019, 09:39 PM
Love the info

Knoxy2
6th September 2019, 12:04 AM
Awesome thankyou

rr4l
14th April 2020, 05:25 AM
Hi
is the 1998 Nissan Patrol Manual down

Pamfilmotorsport
22nd April 2020, 09:04 AM
THANKS! Wery usefull!

tsr32
29th April 2020, 02:11 PM
Unreal! I've been looking everywhere, thanks.

leog
14th September 2021, 09:37 PM
Very usefull!!! complete PDF

leog
14th September 2021, 09:39 PM
thank you very much

jack1004
14th October 2021, 04:50 PM
Thanks for Sending this thorugh! Just bought my first 4x4

aj_vmax
11th November 2021, 01:06 AM
Thanks guys amazing stuff

PlzHelps
7th January 2023, 01:16 AM
Hello thanks for the link

Giggi
15th January 2023, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone, I have been a member of this site for a fairly long time, even though I haven't posted anything. Just to say Hi to everyone.

Smeko79
22nd February 2023, 11:00 PM
G'day to all members, I am new here and hope to be of some help in the future. But more likely needing help from some of you! Cheers

MT2000
1st June 2023, 11:31 PM
I'm fighting with parts of an German Y60 Service Manual. Seems the authors or translators skipped some "unnecessary" Pictures and Instructions...drives me crazy

stoenk
15th June 2023, 09:02 PM
Thank you kindly for sharing manuals. really needed this now in order to get my patrol on the road.

Best regards anders / sweden

Ovrnout
5th April 2024, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

Just introducing myself.

My name is martin and I'm currently rebuilding a 98 GU Patrol.

Muel2622
13th April 2024, 11:16 AM
Hi guys I'm new to this just trying to download gu patrol manual