PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration problems

risderf
8th September 2010, 04:22 PM
mine is nissan patrol 1998 executive series. i wanted to know DIY remedies to restore the engine's original acceleration, or better yet, to enhance the same. Godbless.

YNOT
8th September 2010, 04:25 PM
To restore your engines original power, you need to find where the power's gone. Not something we can do remotely.
If you tell us what engine you have, I'm sure we came suggest some upgrades.

Tony

risderf
10th January 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Sir Tony,

My engine is CRGY60, TD42. Please bear with me Sir, I am just a first-time car owner. Most of the mechanics' jargon, I do not understand. I would appreciate so much if you could give some insights, if it is not too much asking. Thank you, Sir.

Fred

YNOT
10th January 2011, 04:34 PM
No problems Fred, we're here to help so ask any questions you want, sometimes we need a bit more information before we can help you.
The naturally aspirated TD42 was no power house to begin with. How many miles has the vehicle/engine done and how well maintained is it? How difficult is it to start? A diesel that is down on compression will be difficult to start. Does the engine blow much smoke, is yes what color smoke?

Check valve clearances and air filter, and exhaust (for blockages). After that it could be engine tune, injectors, pump etc, not DIY stuff.

You can get about 10% power increase by fitting a quality extractor exhaust system, or 30%+ by fitting a turbo.

Tony