PDA

View Full Version : GQ 4.2 Diesel patrol Oil Capacity

david8igore
8th September 2010, 12:12 PM
Hi all,

I have a GQ 4.2 patrol 1993 model, no turbo, was wondering how much oil the the engine takes on a oil change, i filled up last night, and she took about 11 liters and i fear that this maybe a little too much.

YNOT
8th September 2010, 12:45 PM
11 litres is about right.
Back when I was an apprentice I was helping a tech do an oil change on a Maverick TD42. We'd drained the oil, changed the filters and were refilling the oil. He was sitting on the bullbar pouring the oil in from the 1 litre bottles that we had, I was refilling the bottles and handing them back to him. After a while he called out "how much oil do these things take, I've put 15 litres in already and it hasn't even touched the end of the dipstick..................oh s@#t I forgot the sump plug!"

Tony

patch697
8th September 2010, 12:48 PM
Welcome on board David, here is a link to our GQ factory service manual free down load.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

this covers TD42's

Mate theirs plenty of info & good ppl here so why don't you start a thread in introductions & tell us a bit about yourself.....Its a good way to get to know the members.

Cheers
Paul

ouyendriver
24th August 2013, 11:40 AM
11 litres is about right.
Back when I was an apprentice I was helping a tech do an oil change on a Maverick TD42. We'd drained the oil, changed the filters and were refilling the oil. He was sitting on the bullbar pouring the oil in from the 1 litre bottles that we had, I was refilling the bottles and handing them back to him. After a while he called out "how much oil do these things take, I've put 15 litres in already and it hasn't even touched the end of the dipstick..................oh s@#t I forgot the sump plug!"

Tony

he he he thats funny...

98patrol
28th August 2013, 05:56 PM
I put in around 9-10 litres

Ryzha
14th March 2018, 03:53 PM
Welcome on board David, here is a link to our GQ factory service manual free down load.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?292-Nissan-Patrol-Full-Factory-Original-GQ-Service-Manual.

this covers TD42's

Mate theirs plenty of info & good ppl here so why don't you start a thread in introductions & tell us a bit about yourself.....Its a good way to get to know the members.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks for the manual mate

GQtdauto
14th March 2018, 07:59 PM
According to the new mechanic in town 6 litres and one oil filter I said thanks but you're not touching my Patrol .

92GQ
14th March 2018, 09:40 PM
Hey mate, to help put your mind at ease, Both of my TD42s take 11ltrs per service.

drgtr
14th March 2018, 09:48 PM
Does it matter if you are under or over by 500mls?

Im about to attempt to do mine in 1000kms time.

Have a 10Litre Penrite 10/40w ready to go.

I can see the oil filters being a big mess lol

MB TD42
14th March 2018, 10:20 PM
Cheers for posting was just about to ask the same question...mainly coz I couldnt be assed walking out to get the book from the glovebox...:beer:

garett
15th March 2018, 08:52 PM
Does it matter if you are under or over by 500mls?

Im about to attempt to do mine in 1000kms time.

Have a 10Litre Penrite 10/40w ready to go.

I can see the oil filters being a big mess lol

so long as you keep it above the low mark on the dip stick. also too much is not good( guy came in my car's lost power and barley idles... drained 11 L from a 5 L sump.... pistons were very close to, if not hitting the oil)

Cuppa
18th March 2018, 09:01 PM
Book says 10.5 litres for my car (What sort of engineer designs a motor to take 10.5?) but it often takes closer to 11.

AB
18th March 2018, 09:09 PM
Book says 10.5 litres for my car (What sort of engineer designs a motor to take 10.5?) but it often takes closer to 11.

Yeah crazy isn't it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk