PDA

View Full Version : GU5 patrol - water pooling on sill under drivers door during heavy rain

Rowdy1961
11th February 2012, 09:10 PM
Hi. My GU5 2008 patrol during heavy rain there is water pooling on the sill under the drivers door. Have only noticed this whilst the vehicle is parked. Is this normal as its inside of the main door seal? I cant see where this is getting in. Could it be leaking through the door between the trim and the door? Any suggestions how to correct this?

my third 256
12th February 2012, 12:07 AM
take it back and complain it shoudnt happen

AB
12th February 2012, 07:33 AM
Are the rubber's all fine on the drivers door?

Robo
14th March 2012, 01:18 PM
What was the outcome?

BearGUST
14th March 2012, 03:40 PM
There should be drain holes in the bottom of the door, is it just the water that has run out of them?

Yendor
14th March 2012, 03:56 PM
That water is on the wrong side of the door rubber seal.

If the rubber is ok, check the drain holes in the bottom of the door.

If you look under the bottom of the door you will see the drain holes between the rubber and door skin.

If these are blocked the water could fill up inside the door and then flow in the cab. I don't think this will be your problem because you would feel the water inside the door when you open and close it.

More then likely the inner plastic door seal is damaged and letting water past it, you will need to remove the door trim and inspect.

Robo
14th March 2012, 05:17 PM
X2, something not right.
another things to check for.

drain holes can be blocked.
and
Sometimes the window frames can be bent out wards a little.
Closing too hard, or holding onto frames to move door.
Can bend em outward a bit and insufficient pressure on seal against upper door jam,resulting in a leak.
Study doors behaviour while driving.
You may be able to see frame shaking/vibrating around abit.

This is tell tail sign of either poor sealing window frame and or worn hinges.
but seeing as yours is fairly new car, hinges should be ok.
check this by opening door a little and hold lower corner and lift up/down gently.
you should be able to see/feel any excessive play.

Easy to fix window frame adjustment.
Wind window down, if you don't can smash glass.
and carefully adjust/bend frame by hand inwards a little bit..
If you think this is the problem.

Cheers

gregs
15th March 2012, 10:32 PM
Our 2007 patrol does the same thing and done it since new, never bothered to get nissan to look at it cause all they will say is it is your problem just like my bullbar issue.....

Greg

Robo
19th March 2012, 05:39 PM
I remember My old MK used to do this when it was parked on an angle.
High side pooled water same as yours.
But I tend to think main problem is poor outer window seal.
Also resting your arm on it when window is down, can damage this seal.
Cheers

taslucas
19th March 2012, 08:01 PM
With mine it was the outside seal at the top of the windscreen. The water runs down the inside somewhere and pools on my foot mat. I put a bit of silicone around it and it was fixed.

BearGUST
19th March 2012, 09:59 PM
I'm still not convinced there is an issue.
Isn't this the weatherstrip that I've drawn a very bad red arrow at?
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/gordy308/Capture.png
If so, I'm definitely saying there is no issue. Water should not be inside the weatherstrip, anywhere outside is where the water is intended to be...

gregs
22nd March 2012, 08:34 PM
I'm still not convinced there is an issue.
Isn't this the weatherstrip that I've drawn a very bad red arrow at?
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/gordy308/Capture.png
If so, I'm definitely saying there is no issue. Water should not be inside the weatherstrip, anywhere outside is where the water is intended to be...

BearGUST, that little bit you are pointing at is just part of the plastic kick trim and not an actual seal. The door does have 2 seals, one on the door that goes right around, but the other seal for the door, that is attached to the vehicle only goes around to each end of that trim, so if water gets past the first seal it can definately get into the vehicle, but it does have to get up over the ledge on the trim for that to happen.

Cheers

Greg