PDA

View Full Version : Victorian 4WD Show - Sunday Feb 19th 2012

AB
7th February 2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/02/4.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/02/5.jpg

Sunday February 19th 2012 .
9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Melways map 119 G7.
The address of the Show is:
Wandin Park Equestrian Centre

Cnr Victoria Road & Burgi-Hill Rd
Wandin North. Victoria 3139

In partnership with the Victorian Off Road Racing Association (VORRA), off road racing demonstrations will be featured at this year's Show.

Off-road racing is an exciting and adrenalin filled discipline of motor sport and an increasing number of competitors are taking up the challenge. Vehicles include off road buggies, production 2WD and 4WD (performance and extreme). Off-road Racing is run under the Confederation of Australian Motor Sports (C.A.M.S.).

Throughout the course of the day there will be a number of these different class vehicles thrilling the crowds with a taste of what off-road racing is all about. The mostly V8 and Turbo Charged vehicles will be unleashing the fury on the man made course of jumps, whoops and tight corners. On top of all this a few lucky patrons and media will be given the opportunity to go for a ride in one these powerful off-road machines.

4WD Adventure Circuit

See Standard and modified vehicles being used across a variety of terrain. Some of their antics are amazing!
Click Here if you would like to know conditions for access for you and your vehicle. For spectators the link above will take you to directions to get to the track, either to watch or maybe to hitch a ride with a driver - to check out the hill climb, the water crossing and a whole lot more!

Display Arena
Come and sit in the grandstand at the main display arena and watch the experienced LROCV 4WDers show their approach to various 4WD situations: winching,specific driving techniques (ditch crossing, ridge crossing etc.).Especially great for those who are new to 4WDing.

Other Items of Interest
Michael Alexander from Black Snake Productions will be conducting several Audio- Visual presentations about Snake Bite and Venomous Animals First Aid, supplemented by 'Live Shows'
Childrens activities

There are lots of childrens activities, including free train rides leaving from the Main Station. In addition, expect to see the Jumping Castle and Rock Climbing Wall where your children can participate in a controlled and supervised environment.

Timbo
8th February 2012, 11:53 AM
Damn, this might have been pretty cool to go and see..

But I'll be driving the Red Devil home from QLD soo..... yeah! Take that Victorian 4WD show.

jaseb13
14th February 2012, 05:28 PM
this sounds like a good day out, looking forward it..

AB
14th February 2012, 05:29 PM
I just got a PM from a member asking if I was going but unfortunately It's my old man's birthday on Sunday so I won't be attending....DISASTER!!!

Curse you old father, grrr....LMAO

If anyone goes can they please take some photos and let us know how it went. Looks like a ripper day out and so close to home for me....yet so far away...LMAO

Russell1974
14th February 2012, 05:47 PM
I will be there got to see what is new about will try and get some pics for u

AB
14th February 2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks mate, I'm guttered I can't attend this one!

Russell1974
15th February 2012, 02:17 AM
Can't promise quality but will have iPhone

AB
15th February 2012, 10:07 AM
I'll see what time my old man's birthday is...I might be able to sneak over early in the morning for a couple of hours.

jaseb13
15th February 2012, 01:49 PM
pretty sure gates are opening up at 9:00 so surely you could sneak down early..

belzi82
19th February 2012, 05:16 PM
Went to the show today, nothing really photo worthy. Sorry AB. Got lots of info of tracks around our way and information on the recently regraded tracks in Bunyip - so was worth the day out

AB
19th February 2012, 05:25 PM
Went to the show today, nothing really photo worthy. Sorry AB. Got lots of info of tracks around our way and information on the recently regraded tracks in Bunyip - so was worth the day out

Good stuff Bel, yeah I had to eat seafood and wish the old man Happy Birthday today....It's a tough life...lol

Russell1974
20th February 2012, 02:18 AM
Yea sorry no photos here not much to take nearly seen the chopped gq offroad racer nearly tip but didnt have camera out and did not make the 4wd track had a pram blow a cv think Toyota made it lol