PDA

View Full Version : max payload

Turtle_au
7th February 2012, 03:13 PM
hi, contemplating converting my '91 Cabstar to 4wd and trying to keep it all nissan.
To this end I am wondering what the maximum load a Patrol ute leaf spring setup could go to if the springs where not the limiting factor.
Cabstar Dualcab '91
BD30 engine
front axle - beam,leaf,2200kg,track 1405mm
rear axle - live full float,leaf,3800kg,track 1430mm
GVM 4050kg

YNOT
7th February 2012, 10:18 PM
Interesting project.

You really need to discuss this with an engineer.
The rear diff out of a leaf sprung GU ute (full floating H260 diff) is over engineered for the Patrol and the reason why leaf sprung GU's were able to get a GVM upgrade, not sure exactly what the upgraded GVM figure was though.

Tony

Turtle_au
7th February 2012, 10:57 PM
I know I'll need an engineer if I do it, just doing the prelim research. I might try marks4wd they should have some pretty interesting data from their portal axle work on the actual strength of the housings.

Johan Safari
1st March 2012, 09:17 AM
Interesting, I was thinking about doing the same a few years back. What I like about the idea is the space of the dual cab Cabstar. What do you plan on doing with the load area? I was thinking along the line of a smallish caravan setup for touring or just sleeping and storage.

misha1973
15th March 2013, 09:50 AM
Johan, you have a similar Patrol I am planning to get this year, '86 2.8 with LPG, so I reckon you could give my correct info about payload and GVM of your car.

Thanks in advance!