PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control problem

Bopman
5th February 2012, 01:26 PM
After having the dash replaced on our 2007 Nissan Patrol 3.0 litre CR under warranty all seemed to be well apart from the dealer having missed fitting a silly little white clip on the panel under the steering column!...I couldn't believe that these clips are over 6 bucks each (Now waiting for the dealer to replace it FOC)
Anyway, I took the Nissan out yesterday and used the cruise control for the first time, only to find that the SET light kept flashing (Rapidly) and nothing was happening!..I phoned the dealership and gave 'em a b@ll@cking, so they asked me to drop it in on Monday morning! (Like I've got nothing else better to do!) and they'd take a look!....The Patrol has done 30,000 km's and has never missed a beat as far as the cruise goes!...Just to make matters more interesting, the cruise is now working ok!
I'm suspecting a plug not being plugged in properly...Anyone else had a similar experience?
If you're planning on having your bubbly dashboard replaced by Nissan, BE AWARE that you have a choice of colour (Grey or grey!!!!) :frown:

my third 256
6th February 2012, 10:13 AM
yep forgot to connect up the radio harneses

Bopman
6th February 2012, 02:12 PM
It turned out that the cruise only failed once in a blue moon from first off on a cold start and when cranking was laboured due to a poor battery! (Original 5 year old battery)....After replacing the original battery, it's not been a problem since!...I think the battery voltage was dropping so low due to current drain from the heaters, that it must have confused the circuitry in the cruise control....Strange but true!!!!
Just coincidence with the dash top replacement!!...Please forgive me Mr. Nissan dealer!!! :redface: