PDA

View Full Version : Reversing light wiring

Gorlyn
1st February 2012, 12:54 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know which wire in the loom in the cab is for reversing lights please on a 2009 GU model.

I am fitting a reverse camera and it wants this wire

Thanks

MudRunnerTD
1st February 2012, 02:25 PM
the easiest place to find it is at the tail light. On the 09 the Left side reverse light will be the only one that works??? Dumb but true!! You can access this from the inside panel in the back doors. once you have unscrewed teh light just give it a Big tug and it will Pop out of the panel and you will be holding the full lens.

This is a Great time to piggy back and run a wire from the back of that light over to the right side and hook up the drivers side light (which is the one you really need lets face it).

You can power your camera from that wire too without trouble, not sure if your head unit will need a pulse from the reverse circuit too? if so i cant help sorry. Other than obviously running a wire from the back to the front?

At the end of the day though, once you have ID'd the rear wire then you can go find it at the front if your patient.

Once you access the reverse circuit at the back you have the Reverse Control circuit. this is also your chance to power up a relay from this circuit to a decent Rear Light mounted above your spare tyre if you are interested in this mod....

Good luck, Post some pics when your done.

altech
1st February 2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Gorlyn, I just fitted cam on the weekend , works great , anyway , as above from MudrunnerTD, it's the yellow wire is your postive (+)Rev lights and the black is Neg(- ), Blue (+)is tail lights and green/yellow (+) is brake light, but this is all on my 97 GU Ti , should be the same wiring regards Alex

Gorlyn
6th February 2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys

Now I know where to start looking and what for

Camera works great and is very clear when switched on manually