PDA

View Full Version : gq steering damper

stants
7th September 2010, 03:30 PM
Just after any recommendations on good quality steering damper for GQ, I see plenty advertise and prices vary but am after a reliable unit.

Maxhead
7th September 2010, 04:33 PM
I tend to stick with the Koni product as I haven't been able to fault them yet.(shocks and dampers). They give you a nice smooth action
You will probably get different opinions but Koni is a known reliable product.

Cheers
Kris

Finly Owner
7th September 2010, 10:33 PM
I too have been quietly investigating which way to go. And I have decided that it firstly depends on your budget. Then whether to go hydraulic oil or gas/hydraulic, and add to mix standard or heavy duty. Monroe and koni are widely available. Old man emu are meant to be good. Me I'm buying fullset shocks Ebay $260.00+$20.00post, gas h/duty no name. I game to see how long they last.

YNOT
7th September 2010, 10:50 PM
I had Old Man Emu on my first few Patrols, and EFS extreme on the current one. Both are good. You can't really go wrong with any of the name brands.
Tough dog make an adjustable steering damper, as far as I know it's the only adjustable damper on the market. Just something to think about.
I've never driven a car with a return to centre damper (the ones with the coil spring over the damper), so I can't comment on them.

Tony

tariadamar
28th October 2010, 05:35 PM
i can comment on the return to center ones. i put one in after i smashed my standard one into a rock and bent it bad.

any way the rtc steering depaner i love it is great cause my car always slightly pulled one direction and now it doesn't. the rtc function is adjustable on mine and i think on most ifnot all of them. which means i can fine tune it untill my car goes striaght. as for performance it does a great job. i have hit some big rocks as i use my car for hunting so when driving through a paddock i don't always look where i am going. i am usually able to catch the wheel and recorect with only the one hand.