PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol Dash fixing for Hema HN5i

saa3011
31st January 2012, 07:45 PM
G'day all

I have a standard Hema HN5i mount that I was hoping would fit into the dash of my GU (pics (from carsales.com) attached I hope). Problem is, the dash lid flips up and is perfect for a sun shade to the screen, but the base of the mount is too big to fix inside the "mini glove box".

Does anyone know of this being tried before and how the problem was overcome, or has a Hema been fixed here in some other way - maybe an after market dash surround??

Cheers

Steve

MudRunnerTD
1st February 2012, 12:56 AM
Alternatively run a strip of velcro hook along the bottom edge of the Hema and an alternate strip of Velcro Hoop stuck to the bottom of the Pen holder in front there and it will stand there forever. When not needed remove the Hema and the hoops stay put. You can move to access teh glove box and / or lift the lid for shade.

Simple and you can get rid off the bulky mount that wont be required.

If it sits too low into that grove then get a piece of 20mm x 20mm pine from bunnings and stick hook and hoop to that as a booster seat. You might consider fitting a 12v plug into the glove compartment so you can just run your lead into there when needed to.

Just a thought.

I have a GUIV also and had that glove box out last weekend, simple to get to and out and there is room to run 12v to it.

When you have it sorted post some pics mate.

Cheers MR

bindi
6th May 2014, 04:24 PM
G'day all

I have a standard Hema HN5i mount that I was hoping would fit into the dash of my GU (pics (from carsales.com) attached I hope). Problem is, the dash lid flips up and is perfect for a sun shade to the screen, but the base of the mount is too big to fix inside the "mini glove box".

Does anyone know of this being tried before and how the problem was overcome, or has a Hema been fixed here in some other way - maybe an after market dash surround??

Cheers

Steve

Hi Mate
did you ever suss this out, I am thinking about doing the same
cheers
Mark

saa3011
21st December 2014, 09:13 AM
G'day Mark no I didn't work it out. The main thing was not cutting into the dash box so I ended up just using the windscreen mount.