PDA

View Full Version : Brake controller location on 2007 Nissan Patrol 3.0 litre auto

Bopman
31st January 2012, 01:18 AM
I've been trying to find the best place to fit a brake controller on my Patrol without it being obtrusive and getting in the way of my knees when I get in and out of the vehicle! (I'm 6' 4" tall and I eat 5 weet-bix for my breakfast) ...I've seen a couple of pics with controllers fitted under the heater/blower controls, but on a manual Patrol and on an earlier model..Any suggestions or pics appreciated please!!
Thanks in advance.

my third 256
31st January 2012, 09:55 AM
put in the pocket in the drivers door

tjs
31st January 2012, 11:24 AM
I put mine above my left knee but it’s still a bit of a nuisance as i'm 6' 1". Will be interested in other options.
cheers

my third 256
31st January 2012, 03:30 PM
just had a look at my neighbours and his on the left hand side above your knee bot his unit is slimline
60 mm long ,20mm wide, 20 mm depth.

BillsGU
31st January 2012, 04:59 PM
I put mine above my left knee but it’s still a bit of a nuisance as i'm 6' 1". Will be interested in other options.
cheers

Mine is in the same place. Problem is - you have to be able to get to it to manually to apply the trailer brakes if required. This limits where it can go.

Bopman
31st January 2012, 10:26 PM
I came up with TJS's position (Above left knee) if I cut the bracket down and drill another couple of holes but will have to remove the panel first, otherwise I won't be able to put the threaded screws into the the left side of the unit!...It's a TEKONSHA P3...Thanks for the tips guys!
I'll try eating fewer weet-bix :)

Maxhead
1st February 2012, 06:39 AM
Mine is same as most, above the left knee but being an auto you don't move the left leg alot.

tjs
1st February 2012, 09:39 AM
I came up with TJS's position (Above left knee) if I cut the bracket down and drill another couple of holes but will have to remove the panel first, otherwise I won't be able to put the threaded screws into the the left side of the unit!...It's a TEKONSHA P3...Thanks for the tips guys!
I'll try eating fewer weet-bix :)

I did cut the bracket down and drill new holes along with trimming the little plastic clip on top of the unit to get it as flush as possible. I had thought of cutting into the panels to mount but thought that was a bit drastic.
Cheers

my third 256
10th February 2012, 02:52 PM
have a look at this one looks great
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8674-Electric-brake-unit