PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics

kablea
7th September 2010, 12:20 PM
Howdy all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but,

i am wondering what mechanics there are south of perth in WA (obvously) that you guys would recomend for my gassed 4.2 carby job. fr tune ups and stuff like that that take more finness than i seam to be able to conjour.

Aaron

kablea
7th September 2010, 07:15 PM
Work NEVAR! lol...

Tiss cool thanks mate, the poor old girl is running like a buket of bolts atm... (But she is running :bigthumbup:)
wanna take it and get "profesonaly" tuned. cause i cant figure it all out. :1087:

Aaron.

kablea
7th September 2010, 07:47 PM
Well Plasnart,

I have only done 15000 k's since i had the car, But so far i love the gas, cheap and powerfull, I still need to do the extended rotor and electronic ignition, but i find gas to be great on the road and soft off road (sand and gravel) with out them.

i have heard the same sorta stuff. i kno that if you thrash it a bit hard off road on gas you can break the float by slamming it onto the bottom of the bowl(or something). witch will make it run rather rich on fuel :P
and i have heard that you can burnout the valve seals / seats if you dont look after it.

i still learing as i go, never had a petrol before. and i have only ever delt with diesels at work. lol...
i kno some of the priciples, but the nitty gritty (Timming, Fuel mixture, ect ect carby stuff ect ect) i have not a clue

Lovin my car and the gas atm tho tis so much more fun than my old 'Lux, specialy off road :)

Aaron.

Woof
7th September 2010, 07:54 PM
Hey mate, where about are you located, I'm in Mandurah and take my Q to Adventure 4WD in Mandurah, not sure if they do that sort of stuff but if you want to talk to them call 0895833200 and ask for Joe.

kablea
7th September 2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Dogman,

I was just looking at your photos in the 4x4 photos thread :P

i am in warnbro, i'll give em a call. Thanks.

Aaron.

Woof
7th September 2010, 08:10 PM
I will check with some of our club members who live in Rockingham and see who they suggest.