PDA

View Full Version : rear slide windows

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 07:34 PM
Another post...sorry guys :)

I have noticed the rear sliding windows is rusting out round the frames down the bottom. Have been told this is a common issue and replacing them with solid windows is the go?

Suggestions....people done it...how much roughly.

To kill the rust and get it fixed should I be taking her to a panel beater as I have no expeirence in this field.

Many thanks

AB
29th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Is the rust coming out of the actual panel of the car or just under the rubber?

Yep, very common problem with GQ's...I assume you have a GQ?

I havent replaced mine and they are rusting a little bit too. I ended up just siliconing where the glass meets the rubbers all the way around as it seeps in there easily and starts the process.

YNOT
29th January 2012, 07:37 PM
Check this thread in our vendor section; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?5420-Nissan-patrol-fixed-side-glass-with-rubber-new-lwb

Tony

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Ab yes I have a gq...sorry :)

yeah it seems to be rusting out in between the rubber and the balck frame...like there WAS a metal strip there once upon a time...rust ate it...

AB
29th January 2012, 08:05 PM
There are metal strips under there. We both need to get the solid ones like in Tony's link.

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 09:45 PM
Cheers checked out Tonys thread and thats the go... best thing is the factory is not that far from where I live...easy to install and eliminates that rust!