PDA

View Full Version : Weber Baby Q

Maxhead
6th September 2010, 09:58 PM
Thinking of getting a Weber Baby Q100e for the camper trailer and small BBQs at home.
Anyone have any experiences with them...GOOD/BAD?
Any feedback would be handy.

http://www.weberbbq.com.au/images/386224_Q100E.jpg

Cheers
Kris

AB
6th September 2010, 10:07 PM
Thinking of getting a Weber Baby Q100e for the camper trailer and small BBQs at home.

Cheers
Kris

havent had one for years but they are great for smoking fish/meat and comes up beautiful.

I think for home they are great for that sort of thing but I'm not sure about camping.

Maybe someone else can offer their experience using them for camping but I would imagine carrying around bags of heatbeads on a long trip may take up too much room in the car, etc....Just a thought!

Having saying that though, catching a fish and smoking it straight away in the weber would be damn good...lol

EDIT: you said baby q...lol...Their gas....yep, forget this post mate...lol...Never used one sorry.

Runt
6th September 2010, 10:16 PM
My brother has got one and swears by it. He takes it everywhere and It's his favourite toy for camping. They take up no room and work good. Only bad side is cooking up for loads of people but perfect for 2 or 3 people easy.

Maxhead
6th September 2010, 10:16 PM
EDIT: you said baby q...lol...Their gas....yep, forget this post mate...lol...Never used one sorry.

Hahahah, still laughing my head off......

Yep, they are gas and fairly portable so should easily fit in the camper.

Maxhead
6th September 2010, 10:19 PM
Only bad side is cooking up for loads of people but perfect for 2 or 3 people easy.

Yes, there's only 2 of us and 2 kids under 6 so should do us I hope .....then again the amount the two boys eat I might have to go for a bigger one...hahah
Cheers

AB
6th September 2010, 10:21 PM
I need to slow down and read posts better...lol.

I always carry the hot plate around but for a quick cook up I still use the cheapo Gasmate cooker...Folds away to nothing and you only need to carry the tiny cans of gas.

I even take it out in the tinny for bacon and eggs on the river...lol

Costs $15...lol
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/goto/23488

Woof
6th September 2010, 10:30 PM
One of the members in our club has one, bloody brilliant, will get one as soon as I can.
The Baby Q that is.

Maxhead
6th September 2010, 10:35 PM

I always carry the hot plate around but for a quick cook up I still use the cheapo Gasmate cooker...Folds away to nothing and you only need to carry the tiny cans of gas.

Costs $15...lol
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Yep agree with the cooker, I've been using one for years...can't beat them, infact I do most of my cooking one one if by myself without the family.
Bit hard with a roast tho...lolol

DX grunt
6th September 2010, 10:42 PM

Costs $15...lol

Got a gasmate for my truck. Love it. Pull up on the side of the road and bacon and eggs for 2 in less than 5 mins. love it.

AB
6th September 2010, 10:51 PM

Cheers
Kris

I was picturing Kris, driving around with a massive old school Weber and 17 bags of heat beads in the middle of the desert and thought to myself...What the???

You even showed us a pic and I still didnt see it...haha

Maxhead
6th September 2010, 10:56 PM
I was picturing Kris, driving around with a massive old school Weber and 17 bags of heat beads in the middle of the desert and thought to myself...What the???

You even showed us a pic and I still didnt see it...haha
Haha, don't laugh I've done it before..I'll dig out a photo somewhere. We cooked a few roasts and pizzas in it that trip.

Na,I put up the pic after the initial post, to give people an idea what they are...lol

AB
6th September 2010, 10:58 PM
Haha, don't laugh I've done it before..I'll dig out a photo somewhere. We cooked a few roasts and pizzas in it that trip.

Na,I put up the pic after the initial post, to give people an idea what they are...lol

Thank god for that...thought i was going mad.

how the hell did you not see that picture ab..haha

RustyNails
8th September 2010, 06:05 PM
MIL has a Baby Q, used it for her caravan holidays before she lost her hubby, and swears by it.
We have done a couple of roasts in it and they were the best roasts we have ever had.
Get one.

Paul

Maxhead
8th September 2010, 07:22 PM
MIL has a Baby Q, used it for her caravan holidays before she lost her hubby, and swears by it.
We have done a couple of roasts in it and they were the best roasts we have ever had.
Get one.

Paul
I've heard good things about them so today I ordered the new model Q100e with a build in thermometer and higher lid .
Should have it Friday so I can test it out:tongue:

Woof
8th September 2010, 09:15 PM
I've heard good things about them so today I ordered the new model Q100e with a build in thermometer and higher lid .
Should have it Friday so I can test it out:tongue:

So what time should we all rock up at your place.

Maxhead
8th September 2010, 09:24 PM
So what time should we all rock up at your place.

Haha, I reckon if you start driving now you should get here when the roast is ready.....lolol

Woof
8th September 2010, 10:23 PM
AHH, the NEW Tong Master, you will be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClszL-0EbaI

Maxhead
8th September 2010, 10:34 PM

haha, classic

patch697
8th September 2010, 10:39 PM

LO>LOLOLOLOLOLOL..............GOLD...lol

Maxhead
14th September 2010, 05:59 PM
Let you's know what it's like shortly:tongue:

Woof
14th September 2010, 07:12 PM
Let you's know what it's like shortly:tongue:

Hey Kris, we want photos mate.

Maxhead
14th September 2010, 07:38 PM
Hey Kris, we want photos mate.

No worries mate,

Unfortunately a few minutes too late................next time

AB
14th September 2010, 07:41 PM
lol....wheres the inbetween shot of the steak kris?

or did it get devowed within minutes of serving up?

Maxhead
14th September 2010, 07:46 PM
lol....wheres the inbetween shot of the steak kris?

or did it get devowed within minutes of serving up?

Naa, I saw Doggies post for photos after we had dinner....lol
But for what it's worth the butterfly lamb roast was sensational.

I'm glad I got this little thing, it will be perfect for camping, etc

Woof
14th September 2010, 08:24 PM
Glad you are happy with it Kris, will get one myself as soon as I can................................hope you choked on the lamb roast mate, end result looks great...lol

macca
14th March 2011, 10:58 AM
Thought about this when "Dianne popped her head in"

BBQ RULES
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

AB
14th March 2011, 11:03 AM
Thought about this when "Dianne popped her head in"

BBQ RULES
We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ' and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women!

This one's going on the fridge...lol

growler2058
14th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha sounds like home........so thats what she's on about when I do all the cookin!! oh well at least its not just my wife thats hard tp please hahahahaahahahahaha

Maxhead
14th March 2011, 03:25 PM
Hahah, thats classic :)

growler2058
14th March 2011, 09:31 PM
just read this out to she who must be obeyed whilst laughing and she didnt see the funny side at all. Oh well move over dog we're sharing house tonight