PDA

View Full Version : Stero upgrade help

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, just brought a gq and realised the stero needs a major overhaul.

Ive already got a decent headunit which came out of my last vechile also got the amp.

I am thinking of running some split in the doors, maybe in pods...any one tried?
prob sound deading the doors also, she already rattles with bass badly with the crappy speakers in there.

What can I do about rears? I noticed thier is some 6" in the barn doors, but since I have drawers the kind of take all the sound. 6x9 mounted anywhere else? run another set of door mounts on rear doors?

Used ti have a subwoofer in the old car, but this really isnt an option in this vechile, unless i can hide it between the draw system and the rear seats...

any suggestions would be appreicated!

The Tank
29th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Dude, a 4wd is for four wheel driving in. Implied is the fact you need to listen to what your ride is doing. You can't do that in a mobile nightcub. Maybe city living and a WRX would be more use to you.

rusty_nail
29th January 2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?169-Matt-s-GQ

check out this guys rig, hes done alot of in-car mods which looks really good, and prob would be of some use to you also like the sub box, if space is a concern.

this guy also made a roof pod, but i think you would need a sub, as these speakers just wouldnt put enough bass... at least to satisfy me lol:

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?358-Trolatron

good luck! and if you go ahead and do somthing, let us know! put some pics up cos we love pics and everyon one of em counts!

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 09:32 PM
The Tank - My 4wd is also used as a daily commute. I love my music and want to hear it clear. No need for the stab without knowing what I want it for. I have half a brain to turn the music off and the uhf on when out bush. Eyes play a big part also on and off road...coming from an emergency service myself, using a rear view mirror to see emerg vechiles coming + plus knowing what is going on around me makes for a safer drive all round.

Thanks rusty nail for some pro active advice :)

rusty_nail
29th January 2012, 11:22 PM
no probs mate, happy to help, as 'most' peeps here are, and i can respect your need for a decent sound system, thats always been the number one thing important to me with any of my cars, especially when you are doing hundreds of k's in em... you need somthing to keep you interested lol although some people love talk back, and i suppose you dont need a woofer for that haha

ozzyboy
30th January 2012, 01:53 AM
hey mate.
Building drawers at the moment, and behind 2nd row seats, i shallowed up the drawers and built into the face my sub / amp.
The cut outs over the wheel arches is where i am hoping the 6x9's fit. ( will measure when i get home now i think of it ).
I don't know what your drawers look like, but possibly an option

ozz

Clunk
30th January 2012, 02:16 AM
Dude, a 4wd is for four wheel driving in. Implied is the fact you need to listen to what your ride is doing. You can't do that in a mobile nightcub. Maybe city living and a WRX would be more use to you.

sorry Tank but I have to agree with the other guys, I also use my GQ as a daily driver and without a good set of sounds in there while I'm driving, driving would be rather dull, and ever so slightly noisy!!!!!!!!!.
On the other hand when I'm off road, the volume is turned down as I also like to listen to whats going on.

my third 256
30th January 2012, 03:29 AM
what do you expect from someone whos from across the ditch

taslucas
30th January 2012, 02:48 PM

Man there's nothing better than cranking the tunes when your out driving! Awesome fun!

The Tank
30th January 2012, 04:33 PM
Thought I'd get a bite from that one!