PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

youngseal
29th January 2012, 10:00 AM
:feedback:
Often the work of others inspires us into work of our own, often fools rush in where angels fear to thread! In starting this thread I hope peops will share what they do with, to, on, about, even inside out and under their Patrols!

If you have thought of a novel or innovative thing to do why not share it here and see what others might inspire you to do!
:cheers:

youngseal
29th January 2012, 10:03 AM
Today I put both batteries on to charge. What did you do?

Sir Roofy
29th January 2012, 10:09 AM
Looked out side and admired the beast waiting for me to wash her

youngseal
29th January 2012, 10:15 AM
Looked out side and admired the beast waiting for me to wash her
Well roofy surely being a Patrol God you could organise the mother of all showers to wash it for you?

growler2058
29th January 2012, 10:22 AM
Put agatha out on the lawn in the sun to air out after the last loveday trip I forgot I got muddy water inside so I'll have to lift the vinyl and make sure she doesn't get rusty

taslucas
29th January 2012, 10:26 AM
I prayed for the new valvebody to have a swift journey back to me!

youngseal
29th January 2012, 10:35 AM
Put agatha out on the lawn in the sun to air out after the last loveday trip I forgot I got muddy water inside so I'll have to lift the vinyl and make sure she doesn't get rusty

I've heard that a double barrelled shotgun is good for muddy water relief, works fo air intake too I hear...lol

Sir Roofy
29th January 2012, 01:24 PM
well roofy surely being a patrol god you could organise the mother of all showers to wash it for you?

might get lucky with the rain hope so anyway tanks are nearly empty

youngseal
29th January 2012, 02:06 PM
Today I finally got to download a few manuals so tommorrow the reading starts in earnest to sort out the combination keyless entry, alarm and imobiliser issue...it has been a pain getting in and out of the tailgate...knees are suffering...lol

Tried the links in the stikies and none of them seem to work for me. Must try again tommorrow!

AB
29th January 2012, 06:54 PM
Drove home from the murray river in the beast, boiling hot towing a trailer with no air con...lol

I love her but I'm glad I'm out of it for a day....

antiskeptic
29th January 2012, 07:14 PM
took her for her for test run yesterday. up to huggets crossing had a swim in the avon and drove her home....very happy camper

markmclauchlin
29th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Gave it a wash and vac after a weekend in the dunes.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-32.075625,115.985369

youngseal
31st January 2012, 01:36 PM
took her for her for test run yesterday. up to huggets crossing had a swim in the avon and drove her home....very happy camper
Why was she in need of a testrun?

cybernout10
10th February 2012, 07:00 PM
Today stripped the seats and sent them to the cleaners....dont know how many years they hv not been cleaned. Eureka discovered the jack under the passanger seat!!!

Thirsty
12th February 2012, 08:31 PM
Cut the radiator support panel back to gain access to a snapped body mount bolt. All fixed up, new bolt in place, just have to weld the panel back together.

cheers

BillsGU
12th February 2012, 09:50 PM
Nothing. Everything on mine works !!!

oncedisturbed
12th February 2012, 10:12 PM
Found out the cd player is knackered, good reason to go buy another muah.

Bought some floor mats, touch up paint for any scratches and some coloured rust kill, damn spray can to big to into the engine bay section so will have to get a can then paint over the top.

Found a sweet stereo that the iphone runs for the troll, it allows all the music, mapping apps, movies etc to run straight through it. The iphone becomes the cd screen itself so i dont have to hang it off the windscreen.

Here is the link for the stereo that I will be installing when I order it.

http://www.oxygenaudio.com/o-series/363-o-car.html

oncedisturbed
14th February 2012, 08:17 PM
Didnt end up going with the oxygen stereo, picked up a jvc handsfree unit, installed that in about an hour including putting in a new pocket underneath. The pocket only temporary until the uhf is installed underneath.

This wuold have to be one of the most easiest stereo's I have ever replaced. 2 screws above the A/C controls and carefully pull the fascia out from the bottom working upwards.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/71ff377e.jpg

Unclip the the hazard and demister wires and now the fascia is clear. Undo the 4 screws holding the mounting brackets to the frame and pull out the deck and unclip the aerial plug.....all done.

Pic is of the new head unit going in also showing the mounting brackets.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/0322eeb0.jpg

If your aerial has the 2 pin jack on it, you can go to Jaycar (going to get mine today) and get a conversion plug from a 2 pin to single AUS aerial jack for $20-30, pop it in and screw everything back up.

Overall time should be no more that 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/03178260.jpg

DX grunt
14th February 2012, 08:21 PM
Nothing. Everything on mine works !!!

Mine too. lol

Friday have to take it to the city for a service, front wheel bearings and exhaust manifold gasket AND pick up my new 50cm SMART TV. Nothing major. lol

teno45
14th February 2012, 08:47 PM
Fitted new bonnet protector and head light protectors. Hosed of some of the mud and dirt.

Maxhead
15th February 2012, 06:52 AM
Fitted new bonnet protector and head light protectors. Hosed of some of the mud and dirt.

Ohhh Noooo, I just remembered I had a set of headlight protectors for ya as well...sorry mate I totally forgot :(

teno45
15th February 2012, 07:24 AM
Ohhh Noooo, I just remembered I had a set of headlight protectors for ya as well...sorry mate I totally forgot :(

Oh well, bit late now! Hopefully they fit the new beast!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

rottodiver
16th February 2012, 09:15 PM
Fitted a new LED reverse light today because i just had the 2nd tyre carrier installed while away at work....... frustrated because arb said it wouldnt accomodate 2 tyres the size i am running and have since found it would...... now i have a silly jerry can holder swing arm to suit arb that i will never need..... that was another 1800 dollar stuff up arb have cost me :(

but the light works great :)

Bigrig
16th February 2012, 09:18 PM
Drove it ... and smiled a lot ... lol

Oh, and installed a new starter motor ...

menis
16th February 2012, 10:15 PM
Got a 3" straight through exhaust fitted on my 4.2tdi today! Oohhhh yess that sweet sweet sound!!

rusty_nail
17th February 2012, 08:25 AM
i found some rust in my gutters, so i scraped it all out and prepped it to be bogged next week when my car gets painted

MC97GQ
17th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Not so much today, but for the last week or so,

Have been restoring the tray, all the hinges, rope rails and other bits had all corroded and looked like crap so removed everything and resprayed with killrust paint then fitted all new stainless bolts. Whilst everything was off polished the ally with cutting compound and superfine steel wool.

Also replaced both side mirrors, this time though instead of a couple of crappy self tapping screws, I used Stainless Steel bolts to reattach them(much thanks to the wife, as I couldn't reach up into the top part of the door, due to my large manly arms:))

And lastly, this I did do today, replaced the exterior window seals both sides, I was sick of every time I wound down the windows it sounded like I was strangling a cat.

So that's been my week,

Mark

taslucas
17th February 2012, 01:09 PM
Sweet looking tray mate, looks brand new:-)

oncedisturbed
17th February 2012, 04:25 PM
currently fixing the cancer in the engine bay, will flick a pic up when done

MC97GQ
18th February 2012, 01:35 PM
Cleaned 15 years of grime off the interior hood lining, I wouldn't say it's like new but at least I don't feel soiled every time I hop in the truck. I also cleaned all the vents and repaired them so all the fins move when you move the centre one. What a fiddly bloody job that was.

Now cracking the top off a very chilly stubby, I reckon I've earned it.

nullack
18th February 2012, 02:34 PM
Fixed a blown fuse from the ciggy lighter / acc outlets. Chucked the defective phone charger that caused it. Caressed the steering wheel and got a strange look from the wife ;)

cybernout10
18th February 2012, 11:31 PM
Changed the steering damper.....what a difference in the handling!!!. Had the tyres balanced. The death shake is completely gone. Although I have just bought 4 pieces of shock to be changed. I am using Gabriel Ultra made in USA. the steering damper is also gabriel made in South Africa. Anyone has experience with these?

hekarewe
18th February 2012, 11:35 PM
filled the fuel tanks,,,,, and fried the credit card to do it

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2012, 11:38 PM
filled the fuel tanks,,,,, and fried the credit card to do it

hahahahahahah, I nearly had heart failure when I seen LPG @ 77.9 cents WTF!!!!!!!

MC97GQ
19th February 2012, 12:37 AM
hahahahahahah, I nearly had heart failure when I seen LPG @ 77.9 cents WTF!!!!!!!

Hey Todd,

We wish, 96.9 to 99.9 in downtown sunny Cooma at the moment, it went up 15c per litre in the last couple of weeks.

I feel we are getting ripped, as it was 65c in Toowoomba 2 weeks ago.

Mark

NissanGQ4.2
19th February 2012, 07:28 AM
Hey Todd,

We wish, 96.9 to 99.9 in downtown sunny Cooma at the moment, it went up 15c per litre in the last couple of weeks.

I feel we are getting ripped, as it was 65c in Toowoomba 2 weeks ago.

Mark

Sh!t, how much if the price of Premium Unleaded then,

Getting ripped all right, but then everybody is getting ripped when it comes 2 the cost of fuel.

The other day I saw the E10 go from 129.9 to 148.8 in one day, didn't want 2 see how much premium was!

Todd

Sir Roofy
19th February 2012, 01:04 PM
yesterday 18th replaced intercooler ,picked up 2 roofracks from melb
and put 2 roofracks together and installed both with the help of belzi82
nothing you cant do with ropes and pully and two nissan GUs

thebeatjackson
19th February 2012, 11:19 PM
Replaced all the door trims, fixed the power windows and mirrors, fixed the horn and windscreen washers, removed the old wheel flares to make way for new flexy flares, removed the roof basket so I can fit it into my mates garage for a service, fit blue LED dash backlights. Good day!

DX grunt
20th February 2012, 08:17 AM
Topped up the batteries with solar (mainly the 2nd battery - that I haven't used recently)
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DSCF2796-3.jpg

Was in the process of taking off the ally bracket on top of the pod roof to stop a bit of wind resistance and took off all 6 bolts, got on the roof to take it off, only to find out the focker has been glued down, too!

Falling short of using a crow bar, it stays on.

Put up my new Auto Masters sun visor that I got free with the last service

That's it until Friday when I get the exhaust manifold gasket and the 3 turbo gaskets changed.

Take care out there.

Rossco

jash
4th March 2012, 12:45 AM
drove my v8 shorty - gotta luv that sound!

jash
4th March 2012, 12:47 AM
any one done a lock up solenoid for 1988 era. don't know the colour or wire position

DX grunt
4th March 2012, 12:51 AM
Had the indicator relay box thingie changed by the auto leckie. Now I've got indicators and hazard lights, again. lol

patrolpilot
4th March 2012, 01:22 AM
Serviced the winch and greased everything up on the patrol while i was at it

largey
5th March 2012, 08:41 PM
changed dash bulbs to leds

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 08:46 PM
changed dash bulbs to leds

Did you go the blue ones mate? Happy with them??

simy
6th March 2012, 08:35 PM
built these for the old girl
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt285/fordomatic260/cars%20and%20crap/P1010188.jpg

bazzad
9th March 2012, 11:26 PM
Finished cutting the rust out and patched the hole where the ac drain overflowed under the flooring. Painted it and make a false panel to stop heat transfer to keep the little lady happy on the long drives. oh Yesterday I removed the gearbox to change the clutch.

MC97GQ
10th March 2012, 12:43 AM
Well it's been a busy couple of days,

New shocks in the rear end, changed front and rear diff oils(doesn't that stuff stink), new GME TX4500 UHF and remote mic and installed new switches for driving lights, tray lights and for a beacon(need it for the truck now as it is a work vehicle) also fitted a very annoying reversing alarm(also gotta have it for the work truck)

The dash with the new UHF and switches(the beacon/strobe is next to the heater controls and the tray lights and spotties switch is down next to the UHF)

Remote mic on the A pillar(it already had the holes) and I didn't want to put holes in the centre console

The switches are customrockers (http://www.customrockers.com.au) and I reckon they are the ducks guts, you can even get them custom labelled to your needs.

Well that's it till the gear box comes out for a rebuild.

hekarewe
10th March 2012, 06:23 PM
spent the day with Murry and dave at Torque 4x4 getting my lokka fitted and re enforcing rings fitted to the auto hubs also had them install the 3G phone arial had a great day with them..

thanks for a job well done guys cant wait to try it out to morrow

growler2058
30th March 2012, 10:13 AM
Working tonight so thought id do a coupla little jobs on Agatha today

- Swapped tailshaft end for end so the skinny end is up the front, reason was that when she was flexin her stuff the tailshaft was rubbing on the round crossmember thingy.
- Hi temp gasket siliconed the gasket on the tail pipe where it was going over the diff was only a tiny leak but was pi55in me listening to the pfft pffft pffft sound

teno45
30th March 2012, 10:40 AM
Tried to order a new bullbar... 2month wait for an ARB Deluxe bar!!!

Put my fleabay bargin "PATROL" sticker for the bonnet protector on.

Timbo
30th March 2012, 12:36 PM
Mounted my Hi-Lift jack yesterday.. couple of tamper proof bolts and she's sitting high and mighty up on the roof rack. Gotta take some pics!

zmaster
31st March 2012, 12:41 AM
Rebuilt the brakes, flushed out the lines, pulled tha calipers apart and removed 16 years of sludge out of the pistons, replaced all the lines with braided lines, put it all back together, filled it with race fluid. Wow, now it actually stops, no brake fade down the mountain, rock hard pedal.
Swaped sway bar links with extended ones, now get full downward travel.

Rosco
31st March 2012, 01:03 AM
put the air cleaner back together ready for 2 days 4 wheeling

frenzy
31st March 2012, 03:25 PM
Changed the disc pads on all four corners,
Removed 3 sheared bolts that used to hold the crappy plastic guard under the engine on so I can fit a proper bash plate,
Chiseled the front diff drain plug back into shape so I could drain the oil, and,
Changed the front diff oil and replaced the drain plug with a shiny new one.

Got a bit more to do this weekend in preparation for Easter hols.

pjwooly
6th April 2012, 09:41 PM
Gave my baby a wash and started the polishing process.....oh and won some silver GU steelies with 33' micky tom ATZ to put on over the weekend...yippeeeee!!!!

oncedisturbed
6th April 2012, 09:58 PM
Pur some LED lightstrip in the awning before camping, 800 lumen, nice and bright.

Biscuits
6th April 2012, 10:31 PM
Put a winch on this morning, and with my electrical experience, glad there wasn't any of that magic blue smoke that kills electric motors :)

mick.
8th April 2012, 11:34 AM
I've spent all last week and up until today rewiring and moving my compressor as the wiring which was installed by the shop that fitted it was half the size of what it was supposed to be. I also rewired my reverse lights/ work lights so there now on a 3 way switch. One side of the switch is for just the standard reverse lights, the middle is off and the other side brings on 100 watts of LEDs for camping which are also wired though a dimmer switch. I also rewired the led strips so there a little neater, also wired up the reverse camera so it can be also switched on and off my a switch in the 4wd or operate as normal when in reverse, replaced my spotlight switches with neater switches and also fitted a bigger isolator switch for the winch, replaced the alternator with something a little bigger and did a general tidy up of all the wiring.

This was supposed to be all finished last weekend but I had to respray a mates Patrol which had just been cut into an extra cab which I promised I'd do it as soon as it was finished. I only had a weekend to rub it all down, fully prime it, and respray it all inside and out including engine bay and inside cabin. So the last couple of weeks all I've done is work on patrols.:rolleyes:

Cheers Mick.

dan&tamspatrol
8th April 2012, 11:47 AM
bought a snorkel off ebay

rusty_nail
11th April 2012, 09:59 PM
i changed my tyres from useless road/trail duellers to my much more reliable and nicer looking desert duellers

growler2058
11th April 2012, 10:03 PM
I continued to air mine out after washing her out with the hose on Monday, tomorrow i will remove the seats and pull the rest of the vinyl and wet mouldy underlay out ;-)

Ade
12th April 2012, 01:45 AM
Given her a good 2nd round wash from the other day trip muddy clay. The 1st round was in a nearby car wash though..

rusty_nail
12th April 2012, 10:16 AM
haha wow that is one way to wash you car mate!

growler2058
12th April 2012, 02:28 PM
1474014741Here's today coupla quickies

Tappin N Crappin

taslucas
12th April 2012, 03:39 PM
Haha, I saw you opening the door to let the water out when you reversed out of the big hole at loveday. New seals maybe?

growler2058
12th April 2012, 03:41 PM
Haha, I saw you opening the door to let the water out when you reversed out of the big hole at loveday. New seals maybe?

Mmmmm the rust holes I found in the floor probably don't help either bugger gotta hone my welding skills

Tappin N Crappin

taslucas
12th April 2012, 03:44 PM
Mmmmm the rust holes I found in the floor probably don't help either bugger gotta hone my welding skills

Tappin N Crappin

If it were me welding, I reckon I'd blow MORE holes in it LOL

growler2058
12th April 2012, 03:51 PM
If it were me welding, I reckon I'd blow MORE holes in it LOL

Thats what im thinking to mmmmmm maybe rust convertor for a temp fix/slow down

taslucas
12th April 2012, 03:53 PM
Expanda foam!? Haha

growler2058
12th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Expanda foam!? Haha

Like it!! Your a thinkin mans man Luke. Might help the ol gal float if i use enuff hahahahahahhahhahaha

Ade
12th April 2012, 05:46 PM
1474014741Here's today coupla quickies

Tappin N Crappin

Wohoo..that is abuse mate! Hahahaha.. you dont need no vinyl cover mate.

ripper
12th April 2012, 09:59 PM
any one done a lock up solenoid for 1988 era. don't know the colour or wire position

Working on doing mine atm. If you haven't found what you need yet, send me a PM and I'll let you know.

growler2058
13th April 2012, 07:28 PM
1499314994New floor mats replaced smashed headlightbulb put the seats back in..............aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd a new tiller yay!!

Tappin N Crappin

frenzy
13th April 2012, 07:45 PM
I've spent all last week and up until today rewiring and moving my compressor as the wiring which was installed by the shop that fitted it was half the size of what it was supposed to be. I also rewired my reverse lights/ work lights so there now on a 3 way switch. One side of the switch is for just the standard reverse lights, the middle is off and the other side brings on 100 watts of LEDs for camping which are also wired though a dimmer switch. I also rewired the led strips so there a little neater, also wired up the reverse camera so it can be also switched on and off my a switch in the 4wd or operate as normal when in reverse, replaced my spotlight switches with neater switches and also fitted a bigger isolator switch for the winch, replaced the alternator with something a little bigger and did a general tidy up of all the wiring.

This was supposed to be all finished last weekend but I had to respray a mates Patrol which had just been cut into an extra cab which I promised I'd do it as soon as it was finished. I only had a weekend to rub it all down, fully prime it, and respray it all inside and out including engine bay and inside cabin. So the last couple of weeks all I've done is work on patrols.:rolleyes:

Cheers Mick.

What an effort!

Ade
13th April 2012, 10:21 PM
1499314994New floor mats replaced smashed headlightbulb put the seats back in..............aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd a new tiller yay!!

Tappin N Crappin

Over here we call this kind of truck..'COMBAT'. Trucks that are fully used with little or no attention on clean and comfort. Love to have one too, play hard work hard kinda truck..satisfaction guaranteed!!! :thumbup:

Ade
13th April 2012, 10:25 PM
Aren't you mate..?????

gbab01
14th April 2012, 02:31 PM
Washed it and buffed out the scratches from the Easter outing in the Flinders Ranges. Sore arms.

ripper
14th April 2012, 02:44 PM
Finished installing my manual torque converter lock up, but it doesn't work, and looks like it's damaged something :mad:

growler2058
14th April 2012, 02:58 PM
Over here we call this kind of truck..'COMBAT'. Trucks that are fully used with little or no attention on clean and comfort. Love to have one too, play hard work hard kinda truck..satisfaction guaranteed!!! :thumbup:

Thats the one Ade except i gotta use it as my dail driver so time to start treating her nicer:wink:

Ade
14th April 2012, 03:41 PM
Finished installing my manual torque converter lock up, but it doesn't work, and looks like it's damaged something :mad:

What do you mean doesn't work mate..? I've installed on mine months back, at first I thought it didn't work too. When I switched it on nothing happened. I thought the RPM supposed to drop to few hundreds but it didn't and the motor supposed to stall when the switch is on in gear with the trol is stopped..??? So I was thinking it really didn't work and just leave the switch there until one day wet off road an a hilly track I flick the switch on (as before nothing happened) and forgot to switch it off again. At that time my atf temperature was around 90c and I didn't really realize that was lower than usuall thinking maybe because I am on 4L/1 & 2 range most of the time, till I flick the switch off (about 20kms later) and suddenly the temperature rise rapidlly to 130c. Now that was when I know it is working..

Ade
14th April 2012, 03:45 PM
Thats the one Ade except i gotta use it as my dail driver so time to start treating her nicer:wink:

Yup3.. She really deserved that kind of treats sometimes mate, after all the thrashin and bashing and bogging and patrolling...

ripper
14th April 2012, 05:34 PM
What do you mean doesn't work mate..? I've installed on mine months back, at first I thought it didn't work too. When I switched it on nothing happened. I thought the RPM supposed to drop to few hundreds but it didn't and the motor supposed to stall when the switch is on in gear with the trol is stopped..???

Yeah, nothing seemed to happen when I switched it on at about 80k/h in drive. Then I switched it off and the computer locked the converter up after I shifted into overdrive, but it wouldn't stay locked up, it kept cutting in and out. Not good.

Lewy
14th April 2012, 06:04 PM
We fitted a reversing camera and a catch can today :-)

NissanGQ4.2
14th April 2012, 06:19 PM
I gave it a wash, with some Mothers car wash..... My partner asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and besides the obvious ( sex ) I said I wanted some Mothers car wash and polish.......Think I upset her 2day when she asked if I polished the car. I told her the polish she bought was for mags and alloys.........not 2 polish the paint work........she didn't understand......She said "It says for all metals" *LMAO*

growler2058
14th April 2012, 08:21 PM
I gave it a wash, with some Mothers car wash..... My partner asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and besides the obvious ( sex ) I said I wanted some Mothers car wash and polish.......Think I upset her 2day when she asked if I polished the car. I told her the polish she bought was for mags and alloys.........not 2 polish the paint work........she didn't understand......She said "It says for all metals" *LMAO*

Are you feeling ok that litre bottle of bourbon musta done some serious damage mate hahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
14th April 2012, 08:34 PM
Are you feeling ok that litre bottle of bourbon musta done some serious damage mate hahahaha

yeh mate all ok mate............feelin the love at the moment *L*, have given up on thinking I will ever get into my local river for a car wash. damn those rich people that want river side houses!!!

Still in a major need of a polish......anyone......I have bourbon *L*

growler2058
14th April 2012, 08:34 PM
HAHAHAHA selfish buggers

AB
14th April 2012, 08:41 PM
I pulled the alternator to get fixed. Finally after 12 months decided to vacuum the car out...Found some weird things under the seats...lol

Also must of got some muddy water in as the smell muddy loveday mud was coming out from under carpets...lol

NissanGQ4.2
14th April 2012, 08:58 PM
Found some weird things under the seats...lol

I really don't know what weird things you n the missus keeps under the front seats *LMAO*

What till the bub gets older.......... than you will find some weird things under the seat.

AB
14th April 2012, 09:08 PM
Forgot to mention....Put a snorkel on a Disco today too...LMAO

So much more fun cutting into someone elses car than your own....Loved it!

timbar
14th April 2012, 09:15 PM
What. Did I do to my Patrol Today? ?

I broke my bullbar dented my front gaurd snaped my front flare ripped off my rear flare dented both front rims and dented my side step.....all in the name of of a good day out on the power lines.....all goood i can fix it all all in all i had a good day hahahahaha photos still to come hahaha

growler2058
14th April 2012, 09:16 PM
I pulled the alternator to get fixed. Finally after 12 months decided to vacuum the car out...Found some weird things under the seats...lol

Also must of got some muddy water in as the smell muddy loveday mud was coming out from under carpets...lol

HAHAHHAhaha full strip down coming on mate.
I found $7.55 in fully covered in nasty stinky muuuud

97_gq_lwb
14th April 2012, 09:42 PM
I took my carpet out and used the pressure washer to clean it.
Then found my gearstick surround was leaking water inside under the carpet so i sealed it right up.
And then masked up right around the windscreen and run a bead of silicon around the rubber and urethaned the shrunken joints.
Hopefully no more leaks when i go through the deeper mud puddles lol.

Parra
14th April 2012, 10:03 PM
I measured the fat girl up for some rear drawers. Just working out what I want and how to do it!

nissannewby
14th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Wasnt today but a swapped the passenger dropped radius arm for a superflex item yesterday :)

Ade
14th April 2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, nothing seemed to happen when I switched it on at about 80k/h in drive. Then I switched it off and the computer locked the converter up after I shifted into overdrive, but it wouldn't stay locked up, it kept cutting in and out. Not good.

I used to have these kind of problem..cutting in and out, and not changing gear at correct speed. I'd replaced the TPS with a 2nd hand unit and its all good but it took me more than 5 times to re adjust the TPS (manually) to make it change gear at a correct speed, not cutting in and out.

pacs
14th April 2012, 10:39 PM
I was a little board tonight so I removed the clock reflowed the solder joints and now I have a working clock again

Rusty86
14th April 2012, 10:46 PM
Took her through the carwash to clean bugs off the front from my trip away and cleaned the roof gutters ready to sand back and spot touch up a few spots from roof rack scratches tomorrow.

zmaster
15th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Looked over the gq for half an hour trying to decide whether to pull the lpg out and replace with a long range tank. At 82c a litre, and no mechanical advantages, it's gotta go!. Fitted a larger tranny cooler with a fan, had to chop the back of the grill out to fit the fan, the dremel is now the tool of the month!

megatexture
15th April 2012, 12:53 AM
new windscreen aparently they break when you punch it gently.. trying to get the wifes attention outside the car.... not happy and had hilux window done at the same time ( smashed by a rock not my fist)

ripper
15th April 2012, 10:31 PM
What do you mean doesn't work mate..? I've installed on mine months back, at first I thought it didn't work too. When I switched it on nothing happened. I thought the RPM supposed to drop to few hundreds but it didn't

Fixed it today (thanks to Chaz guessing what I'd done wrong) and I see what you mean about the revs. I was expecting maybe 500 less, but at 100km/h it's only about 100 rpm less. As for cutting the temp, that has to be a good thing when they say the biggest killer of autos is overheating.

I made a stupid mistake with the last 2 wires (after getting them all right for 4 relays), and that messed the whole thing up.

Clunk
15th April 2012, 10:35 PM

I broke my bullbar dented my front gaurd snaped my front flare ripped off my rear flare dented both front rims and dented my side step.....all in the name of of a good day out on the power lines.....all goood i can fix it all all in all i had a good day hahahahaha photos still to come hahaha

and a splendid effort it was too mate, thanks for sharing lol

timbar
15th April 2012, 11:41 PM

Ok today I straighted my bull bar back to where it should be i panelbeated the front and rear gaurd to almost perfectly staight i took a note from andys flare thread under $30 I also straighted my 2 front rims so almost all the damage i caused yesterday is all fixed and some over all a good day hahahaha

growler2058
16th April 2012, 12:15 PM
150761507715078Massaged the bullbar with a smaller lump hammer cleaned the windows so I can see out (thin layer of loveday all over em) aaaannnnnnddddd put my new stickers on FANCY

Tappin N Crappin

oncedisturbed
16th April 2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/38.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/39.jpg

Very little except clean the maf sensor which was pretty clean to start with but did it anyway. Put it in my members ride thread as well but installed the interchangeable ipad / iphone mount.

timbar
16th April 2012, 09:28 PM
Ok today I straighted my bull bar back to where it should be i panelbeated the front and rear gaurd to almost perfectly staight i took a note from andys flare thread under $30 I also straighted my 2 front rims so almost all the damage i caused yesterday is all fixed and some over all a good day hahahaha

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/40.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/41.jpg

modustollens
21st April 2012, 05:10 PM
Oil and filter for a 2.8 L Turbo Diesel! Engine sounds much better now!

lufkin
21st April 2012, 06:18 PM
Oil and filter for a 2.8 L Turbo Diesel! Engine sounds much better now!

What did that set you back I'm about to do the same to mine. And what oil did you go with

teno45
21st April 2012, 07:17 PM
Finished off installing the new bar! Picked up a new indicator stalk with fog light switch.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/2012-04-21174105.jpg

Im happy with it all! Looks great, and had fun doing it!

dan&tamspatrol
21st April 2012, 07:23 PM
fitted snorkel and changed road tyres to 35s ready for wednesday

growler2058
21st April 2012, 07:27 PM
fitted snorkel and changed road tyres for 35s ready for wednesday

Sounds nice got some foters for us;-)

Tappin N Crappin

pjwooly
21st April 2012, 07:58 PM
Well all in the space of only a few hours...i realigned my bullbar cos it was a wit wonky:icon_victory:,took off the lower fan belt "keeper" cos it was a squeelin':icon_victory: , and drained my powersteer fluid a couple of times cos i had mistakenly put a few mills of brake fluid in there.:icon_bonk:

All in all very happy with myself:bananarock:.Had to try and get it done while my 2yr old was asleep,cos once he's up you get nothing done.:mad:

Cheers

NissanGQ4.2
21st April 2012, 08:02 PM
Absolutely nothing....... moved it out of the garage into the sunshine so it could get some skin cancer while I split some fire wood :(

dan&tamspatrol
21st April 2012, 08:13 PM
Sounds nice got some foters for us;-)

Tappin N Crappin

just put up pics they are in ( our rig ) shud be on the whats new page now

Edit: can be found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

HammerBuilder
21st April 2012, 08:38 PM
Well all in the space of only a few hours...i realigned my bullbar cos it was a wit wonky:icon_victory:,took off the lower fan belt "keeper" cos it was a squeelin':icon_victory: , and drained my powersteer fluid a couple of times cos i had mistakenly put a few mills of brake fluid in there.:icon_bonk:

All in all very happy with myself:bananarock:.Had to try and get it done while my 2yr old was asleep,cos once he's up you get nothing done.:mad:

Cheers

No worries about a coupla mills of brake fluid as all the ol' mechanics I know also add a table spoon into their engine oil as they say it keeps the seals n O rings from drying n cracking so no oil leaks, beats me but now I do the same & so far been a few years n no leaks. I am not saying you should.

HammerBuilder
21st April 2012, 08:57 PM
Well today started at 6am
first picked up tilt tray went to first job n picked up a Hyundai Escavator n took it to its destination
next picked up a franner nut harvester n took it to next farm
finally got home popped my bonnet on GQ done a visual then unbolted overflow bottle flushed it out n now I can see the coolant level.
Next got my ARB twin compressor out of back of shed n bolted it in under my back seat Drivers side (Pics will show)
then ran the wires n mounted switch in center consol
then ran High Pressure 10mm inside diameter hose up through n over inside rear wheel arch under plastic surrowd
kicked compressor in the guts n damn I had a winner lights on switch & all worked like it was meant to be..

Tomorrow gotta drill threw rear step n mount Hose connector out back under spare tyre in corner out of the way...

Next week full steam ahead with Wiring n fittout of Black patrol hammer its got a V8 turbo Bunswick Diesel in it with many many extras to sort out also the rear cargo area has a full sheet metal canopy which is only in primer atm lots to do n as usual they wanted it done yesterday lol no chance with heaps of electricals n gadgets with no wiring diagrams or conector plugs yippee what a nightmare lol

DX grunt
21st April 2012, 09:15 PM
I scrubbed the bug guts off the bull bar and nearly detailed the rest! lol

Clunk
21st April 2012, 10:00 PM
I just left mine in its natural state.................... dirty!!!!!! hahahahaha

dan&tamspatrol
22nd April 2012, 12:33 PM
mounted reverse camera and put all the trims back together from installing it and reattached a bit of plastic that snapped off the radiator

mrmilf
22nd April 2012, 02:22 PM
diagnosed dead solenoid =p

gregs
22nd April 2012, 04:01 PM
continued to remove as much gear as possible so it can then be put onto the new one, which should be here by next Sat.....wooooooohhhoooooooo, then the decking out starts all over again.

Stropp
22nd April 2012, 04:08 PM
Not today but over the last couple of weeks since we bought the troll, new stereo, new light force 240 spotties, attached the new side awning and installed second battery tray, next week should be the safari snorkel, scored one off eBay for $91 winning, will post pics when we do the snorkel. Cheers Stropp

maxblack
22nd April 2012, 05:28 PM
I changed the (motor) oil in our old 99 GU clunker, boring I know, but still have to show the old girl some love :) 470,000kms and counting.

maxblack
22nd April 2012, 05:36 PM
Meanwhile, our new (to us) Patrol has had Narva Extreme spotties fitted, Safari snorkel, dual battery system and EGT and boost gauge....though at this stage the boost gauge is not working. It's leaking somewhere behind the gauge, you can hear it as the turbo comes on and off boost. Back to the shop on Monday to have fixed.

The new one looks so pretty parked next to the O L D one. Bit like comparing your worn out 50 year old wife to your new 25 year old mistress ;) (just jokes of course!)

Drew
22nd April 2012, 05:54 PM
Stuck the "extended" barn door hinge on.

Put the weathershield on but not happy with how the window clips a couple of the steel clips. I'm not sure if I've done it right or not. If anyone's done one I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Checked the air filter, found this black sort of oily/damp residue on the outside of the filter where it faces the air inlet. :jawdrop: The rest of the filter wasn't so bad. Cleaned up all right.

Read a post that said you could see the fuel being transferred from the sub tank so I checked it out (and that it doesn't transfer a lot at a time) and boy you ain't kidding, I've peed more in the same time ! :smile:

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2012, 07:42 PM
Finished the shelves with marine carpet, pics show last piece to go in.
Marine carpet certainly is a great way to finish off a job.
Also put some heat shrink on the ends of the rods that hold the doors of
the canopy closed, much quieter and smoother to operate.

Drew
22nd April 2012, 08:03 PM
+1 for marine carpet, hides a multitude of my sins too. :)

Nice work bud

DX grunt
23rd April 2012, 10:38 AM
Showed off DX grunt....in the flesh, to fellow forum members (Clunk and Dogman) at Kings Park. Tried to get some piccies of my latest mod in a good location, but all the carparks were full. Stay tuned.

Morton
23rd April 2012, 11:59 PM
last weekend kitted my swivel hubs, repacked the wheel bearing to the LHS & replaced RHS, plugs & a tune, this weekend a new thermostat & inlet gasket, hope to remove the rough idle & minor backfire, it is slow to idle down so suspect the inlet gasket

97_gq_lwb
24th April 2012, 06:37 PM
Swapped injector pump over and alternator.
Washed all the mud out of the radiator and condensor from the last effort.
Going to have a go at putting a seal kit through the injector pump myself now i have a spare one.

Biscuits
25th April 2012, 07:37 PM
Installed an Ironman 2" lift into my troll with a basic set of spanners and a highlift jack... by 10 oclock, I would have made your 90 yr old Nanna smile (multiple times... if you catch my drift) for a decent 17mm & 19mm ratchet spanner and a breaker bar with sockets.

macca86
25th April 2012, 07:39 PM
headed out with the SEQ boys to glass house mountians and tried my hand at panel work with rocks did really well with standard ride height and tyres just one bent side step but that straightned with me jumping on it.

DX grunt
25th April 2012, 09:06 PM
Being 3,000k away, I missed my Patrol, today. lol

boosh
29th April 2012, 10:33 AM
Installed a new turbo timer!

jimbeamteam
30th April 2012, 09:15 PM
gave it a vacuum

Drew
4th May 2012, 07:40 PM
Put the aux battery tray in ... And then the battery. :)

Clunk
4th May 2012, 07:46 PM
Put mine out in the rain to get its annual wash.....

Taps a lot!!!!!!

the godfather
4th May 2012, 08:02 PM
Plumbed in my boost gauge.

macca
4th May 2012, 08:18 PM
E Locker, swivel kits, spindles, front brakes, extend front brake hose, rear slave cylinder, engine belts, fixed manifold leaks (10.7psi boost on the guage), torsion bar bushes, steering limits on front diff - havn't got the bill yet?????
Shes nice and tight up front now.

dan&tamspatrol
4th May 2012, 08:20 PM
mate didnt think patrols had torsion bars

ripper
4th May 2012, 08:20 PM
torsion bar bushes

Didn't know they were used on Trols?

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one who's confused here :)

macca
4th May 2012, 08:36 PM
Sorry sway bars or whatever joins the front suspension side to side

dan&tamspatrol
4th May 2012, 08:40 PM
yea that makes more sense lol

ripper
4th May 2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, that sounds more like it.

EDIT AGAIN: I think I'll just give up. Too slow every time :)

mudski
4th May 2012, 08:45 PM
Replaced the front left engine mount on my ZD30 also cleaned and repacked the front wheel bearings. And new hub seals of course...

zmaster
4th May 2012, 10:43 PM
Fitted solar panel to the roof rack with tilting gas struts, hope its useful and not more crap to carry around! Plumbed transmission cooler.

twisties
5th May 2012, 12:11 AM
Pulled off the ZD30's throttle body for a cleanout and quickly learned that I need to set aside time to pull the whole intake manifold out. High time for a catch can and EGR blockoff.

DX grunt
5th May 2012, 01:43 PM
Fitted solar panel to the roof rack with tilting gas struts

Any pics? You've got me very interested.

Will check out the Member's Ride thread to see if they're there.

Rossco

big_fletch
5th May 2012, 02:44 PM
Fitted a Safari Dtronic Chip to my Zd30 Patrol which i got for Free :Yahoo!: Lol.. Unbelievable difference in power

Drew
5th May 2012, 06:24 PM
Ran power to the back to provide power to the trailer while travelling. No voltage drop between battery & Anderson plug on the rear, very happy. :)

Tank
5th May 2012, 06:54 PM
Lay in the mud with my head down hill and water running up my back to tighten up a plate on the side of my injector pump so that the desiel would stop leaking out

growler2058
5th May 2012, 07:19 PM
Good job gotta love the dedication of a troller

aj and sarah
5th May 2012, 10:08 PM
adjusted the tappets and finshed off the stourage box behind the rear seats

Stropp
6th May 2012, 04:55 PM
fitted new maxxis muddies and rims i picked up cheap, almost new, pic also shows new awning.

growler2058
6th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Nice job that "fattens" her up

ripper
6th May 2012, 07:46 PM
Drove it for 100 odd K's and wondered why it vibrates between 1800 and 2000 revs. Sometimes worse than others.

Drew
6th May 2012, 08:00 PM
Ran power from the aux battery to the new rear accessory panel.

powkers
6th May 2012, 08:44 PM
I locked the car with keys inside :)

growler2058
6th May 2012, 08:59 PM
I locked the car with keys inside :)

Bummer i did that a fortnight ago took me 45minutes to break in!!

GUtsy ute
6th May 2012, 09:02 PM
Drove it for 100 odd K's and wondered why it vibrates between 1800 and 2000 revs. Sometimes worse than others.

Hi Ripper,
There are so many things that cause vibrations, you usally have to do it by process of eliminationif there is nothing glaringly obvious.

Some things I have found to check are, Diff and gearbox yokes tightened to the correct torque, uni joints,
slidingspline on tailshaft, g'box and engine mounts, out of round or out of balance wheels, missfire in engine at higher revs, uni joints not properly aligned if siding spline has been taken apart. Not sure if this
relates to a TB42, but I've seen the rubber in the harmonic balancer go soft on a car and cause the
outerpart to wobble and cause a vibration at certain revs.
Also check your viscous fan hub and water pump for any wobble or freeplay.

I see you are looking for a wheel brace, I bought this one the other day from Bearing Service in
Brisbane.
It is a Toledo brand tool.
Cost me $35.
As you can see it folds up and can be adjusted in lots of ways.
Also has the half inch square to fit any size socket.
Much easier to store than my old fixed cross one.

waz65
6th May 2012, 09:07 PM
I installed my new GPS/Entertainment system into the GU , here's the linky from my members section
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9717-My-GU
Also gave my daughters Prado and oil and coolant change ( because that's what dads do )

ripper
6th May 2012, 09:42 PM
Hi Ripper,
There are so many things that cause vibrations, you usally have to do it by process of eliminationif there is nothing glaringly obvious.

Some things I have found to check are ..............

Thanks for that list. I've already checked some of those things, but you've given me some more to look at.

I see you are looking for a wheel brace, I bought this one the other day from Bearing Service in
Brisbane.
It is a Toledo brand tool.
Cost me $35.
As you can see it folds up and can be adjusted in lots of ways.
Also has the half inch square to fit any size socket.
Much easier to store than my old fixed cross one.

And thanks for that too. I'm hoping to find an original one to go with the factory jack, but the one you bought may be just the thing for our caravan. It has really long studs (for mag wheels maybe?) and needs a deep socket to undo the wheel nuts. I was planning to carry a cracker bar and speed brace, but what you got may work out even better.

GUtsy ute
6th May 2012, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=ripper;223612]Thanks for that list. I've already checked some of those things, but you've given me some more to look at.

Let us know how you get on, I'll try to remember some other things that i've heard of that have caused vibrations
if you have no luck tracking it down.

To keep this thread on track, I installed a voltmeter to monitor my second battery today.

NissanGQ4.2
6th May 2012, 10:22 PM
Bummer i did that a fortnight ago took me 45minutes to break in!!

what do you mean 45 mins..........no other nissan gq drivers in Adelaide you know..... or have you changed your original locks......

Still 45mins!!!!!! 2 mins on a bad day to break in 2 a GQ

.........not that I know *L*

growler2058
6th May 2012, 10:34 PM
Had another q there and a bluebird no go and near impossible to get packing tape in

Tappin N Crappin

healy
7th May 2012, 01:30 PM
just orderd new 2" lift kit today have it in a week and going to put in my diff breather kit later today and change power steering hose

taslucas
7th May 2012, 02:35 PM
Yesterday I helped my brother fit the swivel hub kit and wheel bearings. Finished in a rush as I had to drive 2 hours back home and pickup my girlfriend on the way. Shouldn't have rushed because we forgot ti drain the last of the old duff oil and put the new stuff in! Lol now my new diff oil is a 2 hour drive away and I only have a tiny bit in the diff, which means no 4wd for me for a while! Damn it!

Tap, crackle, pop

boots
7th May 2012, 05:28 PM
Replaced my headlight globes today and fitted permanant sun shades in the rear side windows of the wagon , home made from an old windscreen shade cover cut to size and a bit of velcro to hold them in place .

BEP120
9th May 2012, 08:00 PM
Half installed a 50 ltr water tank behind the rear seats today and installed the pump between the tank and rear draws.
Hoping to wire the pump up tomorrow.

boots
9th May 2012, 10:01 PM
Had this annoying rattle / noise / vibration sound coming from within the centre of the dash , finally extracted a digit and went searching for it today . Got it sorted , it was the vent control unit , a screw had fallen out so put a new one in , had some sponge in the shed so cut it up and taped and tied it near the problem area which is right behind the double din radio and test drive - all good . happy motoring once more .

Ade
9th May 2012, 10:46 PM
Straighten my drag link, bent from the other day play out and sent it for toe alignment. No wonder the trol felt a bit heavy on the road..

MEGOMONSTER
11th May 2012, 09:03 AM
Had to tow a mates gu patrol to a servo last night, run out of juice, both tanks empty and thought he would make it to his home servo. WRONG.

growler2058
11th May 2012, 09:19 AM
Loaded all my work gear from the commonwhore to agatha she's now my daily driver gotta start treating her reeeeel nice

Tappin N Crappin

Malgreen
12th May 2012, 05:48 PM
replaced my spotty and rear cam switches ...

Tank
12th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Installed a snorkel onto the Safari all went well except for the crap template that came with it it was 20mm too short had to spend a bit of time with the angle grinder and die grinder to make it work, but best of all it looks tidy and is working well

boots
12th May 2012, 07:04 PM
Fited LED interior light globes in today .

NissanGQ4.2
12th May 2012, 07:06 PM
burnt it, shame i never had it insured

NissanGQ4.2
12th May 2012, 07:08 PM
Had another q there and a bluebird no go and near impossible to get packing tape in

Tappin N Crappin

Did you try the key from the other Q???? 10 bucks it would of unlocked it *L*

growler2058
12th May 2012, 07:27 PM
Cheers send the tenna to po box
Nah mate wouldn't work not even close had to use a steel handle off a paint tin down between the glass and door and shake it around for a good 20 - 30 min was very frustrating!

Tappin N Crappin

Rob Johnston
12th May 2012, 08:27 PM
Thought I could smell deisel. I was right, an injector was leaking. No biggy just a quick nip up with a 17mm spanner and it was good to go.

NissanGQ4.2
12th May 2012, 08:32 PM
Cheers send the tenna to po box
Nah mate wouldn't work not even close had to use a steel handle off a paint tin down between the glass and door and shake it around for a good 20 - 30 min was very frustrating!

Tappin N Crappin

R u going 2 the qld meetup??? If I can break into ur car within 5 min ( not breakin something 2 get in ) you owe me a bourbon, If I can't I'll give you your 10 bucks

growler2058
12th May 2012, 08:35 PM
Nah not gonna be able to make it mate :-( where goin to Thailand for a month so all spondoolies will be gone!

Tappin N Crappin

NissanGQ4.2
12th May 2012, 08:40 PM
might just have 2 go 2 your place so i can claim my bourbon *L*

Shame your not going 2 be able 2 make it

growler2058
12th May 2012, 08:54 PM
might just have 2 go 2 your place so i can claim my bourbon *L*

Shame your not going 2 be able 2 make it

Unless something happens like I get a new job or win the lotto I'm gunna have to wait till next time.
However I will drink bourbon rocket fuel in Thailand whilst thinking of you:-)
And please free to came over to SA anytime and break into Agatha

Tappin N Crappin

garrett
12th May 2012, 10:17 PM
pulled apart the swivel hub to clean it out and put a new kit on

gregs
12th May 2012, 11:40 PM
put my winch in

Richo460
13th May 2012, 07:25 AM
when i got my GQ the bloke gave me black plastic thing, i had no idea what it was but on further investigation found it was a TJM water tank that goes under the driver side beside the chassis rail and sill. Summposed to be for GU but it fit th GQ wagon, was just missing a mounting hole in the chassis rail. So after readin the destructions i tried to fit it. Found that all the bolts the supplied were too long and bottomed out before getting tight, and when i went to mount the tap, it doesn't seal, very easy to strip the thread in the plastic. Still haven't sorted it out yet. I wouldn't be reall happy if i paid good money for it. They supplied everything except the hose for the breather and filler which mount under the bonnet. I will need some rock slider now cause i think it wount be long before a rock smashes it. Its a neat fit though, and 16 litres is a good amount.

macca
13th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Nothin, built a chicken coop for the mother of our children on her special day though.

growler2058
13th May 2012, 05:46 PM
Drove it back in the rain from Victor harbour and heard and could feel lots of left over Loveday mud falling off when it got wet from the spray off the road.noice!

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 06:25 PM
I made some holders for our drink bottles that don't fit in the console holders.
Got sick of trying to stop them falling over in the door pockets, so the wheels
started turning and this is what I came up with.
Used a hole saw to cut the plastic type foam (Used the hole saw in reverse for a cleaner cut without
grabbing and tearing).
Then covered in marine carpet. Works a treat, even on the roughest roads they stay put.
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/drinkholders001.jpg
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/drinkholders003.jpg
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/GUtsyute/drinkholders004.jpg

growler2058
13th May 2012, 06:35 PM
Ah a bloody good idea Gavin and look at the SIZE of those photos

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 06:36 PM
Ah a bloody good idea Gavin and look at the SIZE of those photos

Thanks to you Growlers, I'm up there with the biggest of them!!hahaha

Drew
13th May 2012, 06:36 PM
Size matters :)

AB
13th May 2012, 06:38 PM
I made an el dodgy fridge slide...lol

Used proper runners from a kitchen supply shop near work, screwed down some marine ply and found a pot plant pot holder that fitted the fridge perfectly.

Total cost $20 and it works a treat!

97_gq_lwb
13th May 2012, 06:42 PM
Finally finished the 3 inch exhaust install made my own dump pipe what a mission.
Have to readjust the wastegate boost is maxing out the 15 psi gauge now.

NissanGQ4.2
13th May 2012, 06:50 PM
Nothin, built a chicken coop for the mother of our children on her special day though.

Nothing better then fresh eggs :)

This was part of breakfast this mornin :)

Got 2 love double yoke's :) yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyy

P.S: Did nothing with my troll 2day, but I don't do much with it ever!

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 07:00 PM
Size matters :)

So I've heard!!

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 07:04 PM
Finally finished the 3 inch exhaust install made my own dump pipe what a mission.
Have to readjust the wastegate boost is maxing out the 15 psi gauge now.

Having seen a 3" dump pipe, I take my hat off to you for making one.
As you said, what a mission.
Well done 97!

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 07:07 PM
Nothing better then fresh eggs :)

This was part of breakfast this mornin :)

Got 2 love double yoke's :) yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyy

P.S: Did nothing with my troll 2day, but I don't do much with it ever!

Had the old B+E myself this morn, cooked it for the better half being Mother's Day and all.

DX grunt
13th May 2012, 07:10 PM
I drove my troll to w..... and home - a total of 2km. I was lazy today, being Sunday. lol

GUtsy ute
13th May 2012, 07:16 PM
I made an el dodgy fridge slide...lol

Used proper runners from a kitchen supply shop near work, screwed down some marine ply and found a pot plant pot holder that fitted the fridge perfectly.

Total cost $20 and it works a treat!

Nice and simple AB. It looks good and works, gives you more satisfaction than fitting a fancy store bought one.

Drew
13th May 2012, 07:40 PM
I drove my troll to w..... and home - a total of 2km. I was lazy today, being Sunday. lol

Dude that wasnt much more than me(for the same reason) :)

Stropp
18th May 2012, 06:26 PM
recieved my pyro and boost gauges from Kholo and dummied them up, just need to hook them up.

DX grunt
18th May 2012, 06:33 PM
Trying to charge my batteries with the solar panels, but the sun won't come out and play.

growler2058
18th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Drove her to work and whispered sweet nuthins to her hahahahahahaha

GUtsy ute
18th May 2012, 07:25 PM
Drove her to work and whispered sweet nuthins to her hahahahahahaha

Did She start getting hot?LOL

growler2058
18th May 2012, 07:42 PM
nah shes a tuff biatch and told me to p155 off hahahahahaha

mudski
18th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Lets see.

I pulled the intercooler and hoses off, the heat shield and dump pipe from the turbo off. There was a stud missing from the turbo to dump pipe, so I replaced all of them, gave the dump pipe a well needed diet. Made up some new IC mounts as the original ones were nearly non existant and bugger if I was going to pay $28 each from Nissan. Ended up costing my $8 from Clark Rubber for all four mounts :049:

Welded in a bung for the pyro.

fitted blue LEDS in the dash

Received my all in one boost and egt gauge from the states today. Yippee! Looks wicked!

Bought a Autometer cup for the gauge from Rare Spares

saw a birds nest of wires under the dash from the spotty switched in the dash. So I decided to remove it all and re-do it. Just aswell as the wires under the hood to the fuses they used were all melted, even though it was all still working.

and also ran around like a blue arsed fly trying to find a bulkhead fitting for the vacuum sensor, found one in the end.

Still haven't finished any of it, everything is spread all over the garage. I'm still waiting of the dawes from 3Bar to turn up so it can be fitted with the catch can, needle valve and EGR plate. This will take a while to complete. Just aswell I have my other car to use, if it doesn't sell that is...Then I'm stuffed.:1087:

Tank
18th May 2012, 10:05 PM
Went to an accident in the middle of my village (high speed multiple rolls and end over ends) once we had him sorted out and packaged away me and my Safari got to recover his Surf which was in the local pubs garden on its roof facing the wrong way with the back end wrapped around there new large sign. Had to pull the back sideways off the sign then winch it forward about 1.5m and then winch it back onto its wheels. I then had to strip all the guards of my winch as I managed to engage my winch (pretty sure my fire jacket got caught on PTO lever) when I was getting out and over swpooled the winch into a large tangled mess that jammed up between the which drum and the fairlead.

Bigrig
18th May 2012, 10:08 PM
Went to an accident in the middle of my village (high speed multiple rolls and end over ends) once we had him sorted out and packaged away me and my Safari got to recover his Surf which was in the local pubs garden on its roof facing the wrong way with the back end wrapped around there new large sign. Had to pull the back sideways off the sign then winch it forward about 1.5m and then winch it back onto its wheels. I then had to strip all the guards of my winch as I managed to engage my winch (pretty sure my fire jacket got caught on PTO lever) when I was getting out and over swpooled the winch into a large tangled mess that jammed up between the which drum and the fairlead.

Holy dooley mate ... goes without saying I guess, but I hope no one was badly hurt or worse ... not sure I want to know, and full credit to you for your involvement - job, helping out, or otherwise, that is not a pretty thing to be around ...

Ade
18th May 2012, 10:13 PM
Got myself an auto gearbox from a local wrecker with ribbed bell housing and a J4 torque converter. Will be installing both within next week and hopefully will see better figures of the atf temperature..

Tank
18th May 2012, 10:16 PM
The guy (a local) got a pretty good smack to the scone thats scrambled him for a while. I was getting my mail at our Firestation and watched him come around the corner going like a cut cat. To be honest when I got there after watching him roll and flip I thought I was going to be dealing with a death bloody glad I wasn't

growler2058
18th May 2012, 10:16 PM

Bumma about the birds nest mate, bugger to untangle. Hope the other victims of the prang are on the road to recovery also

DX grunt
19th May 2012, 10:07 AM
Gunna give my HF radio a work out today/this weekend. Pre-arranged with Snicko to give her a call. WA to SA.....gunna be interesting.

mudski
19th May 2012, 11:57 AM
Just to add to my list of things on the previous page. At 1am this morning i decided to take off the Safari snorkel and attack the surface rust under it. Rubbed back and undercoated is as far as I got.
Hey DX thats a fair distance. You reckon you get a reception?

num_301
19th May 2012, 01:47 PM
L.E.D daytime running lights and replaced stripped wheel studs and nuts.
and serviced my kxf :)

snicko
19th May 2012, 02:52 PM
Gunna give my HF radio a work out today/this weekend. Pre-arranged with Snicko to give her a call. WA to SA.....gunna be interesting.

Hey Rossco great talking to you over the HF. Took a bit at my end but we got there. Thank goodness for mobile phones!! hahahahhaha

Next time I will have to have a go at calling you.

ozzyboy
19th May 2012, 04:13 PM
new narva headlights for the gq for me today
brake pads and rotors done on thursday

DX grunt
19th May 2012, 04:30 PM
Just to add to my list of things on the previous page. At 1am this morning i decided to take off the Safari snorkel and attack the surface rust under it. Rubbed back and undercoated is as far as I got.
Hey DX thats a fair distance. You reckon you get a reception?

All's good. I talked to Snicko. She got me loud and clear but I got her just readable. That's the challenge with HF, but we did talk. Yee Ha.

DX grunt
19th May 2012, 04:31 PM
Hey Rossco great talking to you over the HF. Took a bit at my end but we got there. Thank goodness for mobile phones!! hahahahhaha

Next time I will have to have a go at calling you.

No worries. You know the rules......$50 per consult. lol

Winnie
19th May 2012, 04:33 PM
Cleaned dog vomit out of it.

growler2058
19th May 2012, 04:47 PM
Dog vomit or drunken kristoffa vomits

Tapp tillya Crap

Winnie
19th May 2012, 05:07 PM
What are you talking about, I don't even drink. It was cute little puppy vomit.

97_gq_lwb
19th May 2012, 07:03 PM
Took mine for a nice swim water covering the bonnet just about coming in over the doors.

Ade
19th May 2012, 07:48 PM
I didn't took her for a swim but sent my kids to their swimming lesson with it..

fixer982
19th May 2012, 08:33 PM
Still cleaning mud from tricky places on her after Loveday. Red stuff got everywhere thanks to Growlers encouragement. He's a bad influence. Come to think of it, they all were.

jackwalks
20th May 2012, 10:05 PM
I took my Patrol for a drive with the wife & kids.......Stopped at Bunnings to pick up some bits & pieces for around the house. On the way out sat down for 10 mins, had a coffee and watched a fella try to get into my patrol with his car keys......played with him for a while, unlocking then locking again with my remote.

Watched him make a phone call and soon afterward had NRMA roadside assist drive up behind my car.

My wife & I finished our coffee's and slowly made our way to the back of the Patrol, unlocked it, put our spending spree into the back. We looked at the poor fella as the slow relisation that "bugger, wrong car" senario played into his head, and watched his face turn a shade of bright pink.

All good

2TROLLFAM
20th May 2012, 10:08 PM
I took my Patrol for a drive with the wife & kids.......Stopped at Bunnings to pick up some bits & pieces for around the house. On the way out sat down for 10 mins, had a coffee and watched a fella try to get into my patrol with his car keys......played with him for a while, unlocking then locking again with my remote.

Watched him make a phone call and soon afterward had NRMA roadside assist drive up behind my car.

My wife & I finished our coffee's and slowly made our way to the back of the Patrol, unlocked it, put our spending spree into the back. We looked at the poor fella as the slow relisation that "bugger, wrong car" senario played into his head, and watched his face turn a shade of bright pink.

All good

LMFAO!!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5m01r0

97_gq_lwb
20th May 2012, 10:14 PM
Took the bungs out of the rear quarters and watched a few litres of water run down the driveway.
I lost my tacho yesterday and had glow light issues but tonight it all started working again must have dried out lol.
Am really going to have to fit the td42 controller one day and mount it up high behind the speedo somewhere i think.

dirtaddict
20th May 2012, 10:47 PM
started plumbing up the front mount (pita)

nissannewby
20th May 2012, 11:22 PM
Tuning my GU from the factory slug it was :)

macca86
21st May 2012, 05:20 PM
Learn't how tough the patrol is on the way to work. A P plater ran up the back and not a scratch on the patrol as for her car she'll need a new bonnet and front bumper ha-ha.
Funny thing was she was on the way with her parents car to the panel beaters as she reversed into a tree a couple of days before haha

Gabe
21st May 2012, 09:52 PM
I put my uhf, new stereo and Bluetooth handsfree kit in mine

maxblack
23rd May 2012, 09:50 AM
I'm doing the 50,000km service. Oil, filters etc.

Am I right to presume the trans fluid was changed by the dealer at the MAJOR 40k service?

In normal type driving, light 4 wheeling, how often should the trans fluid be changed?

growler2058
23rd May 2012, 10:56 AM
I'm doing the 50,000km service. Oil, filters etc.

Am I right to presume the trans fluid was changed by the dealer at the MAJOR 40k service?

In normal type driving, light 4 wheeling, how often should the trans fluid be changed?

I do my diff/transfer and gear boxes every 10k and engine every 5k

Sir Roofy
23rd May 2012, 11:09 AM
What idid today was load her up packed the beer and tucker in the fridge
and heading to wonnangatta for 4days with my wife and gdsa members
for a relaxing time

growler2058
23rd May 2012, 11:11 AM
What idid today was load her up packed the beer and tucker in the fridge
and heading to wonnangatta for 4days with my wife and gdsa members
for a relaxing time

Rub it in whay dont ya hahahahahhahahaha sounds good Roofy

Sir Roofy
23rd May 2012, 11:15 AM
rub it in whay dont ya hahahahahhahahaha sounds good roofy

going to be a good one mate snow hail rain all in one day
this should push the deer into the valley before the w/end

Bob
23rd May 2012, 11:16 AM
going to be a good one mate snow hail rain all in one day
this should push the deer into the valley before the w/end

Have a good trip mate

Sir Roofy
23rd May 2012, 11:18 AM
have a good trip mate
thanks bob

Winnie
23rd May 2012, 11:21 AM
Gonna be a nice cold one for ya Roofy mate haha enjoy your trip

Bad-Trol
23rd May 2012, 04:12 PM
Im tuning my Dawes valve.... What a wondrous thing it is... Just wish I could get it perfect. Speaking of which, has anyone delt with MTQ Engine Services? I want to get my GU dyno'd and the Rapid Chip module I bought tuned up.

Tonight, tinkering more with my light bar and spotties setup... Neighbors going to hate me :p

Stropp
23rd May 2012, 05:20 PM
wired up the roof spotties, rear work light and a plug for the led light strip for the side awning, unplug the strip and roll up the awning and stow it and cap the plug and tie it in a loop with a cable tie so it doesnt flap all over the place until next use of the awning, cut the tie uncap and plug it together and presto light!!

maxblack
23rd May 2012, 06:01 PM
Ok, so I changed the oil and filter in the ZD30 (06) today for the first time (oil filter is a bit of a PIA but such is life).

Checked in the service book....8.2L with oil filter, ok all good, fill with 8L, start her up, drive off ramps to make her level, let idle for a bit, switch off, wait for a couple of mins and check level.

Only just showed on the bottom of the dipstick, I thought WHAT!?, anyway it took another litre of oil to get it to the right level.

I must have checked it 10 times just to make sure. Anyone else have a 9L capacity Patrol ;)

The only other thing I can think of is that I miscounted the number of 1L jugs I poured into her, though I was marking each one down on a piece of paper as it went in.

Anyway, my question......if it's reading right on the dipstick, I shouldn't be concerned right????

maxblack
23rd May 2012, 06:14 PM
I do my diff/transfer and gear boxes every 10k and engine every 5k

But this would be for severe 4 wheeling, yes? Seems like overkill for "normal" driving.

Bloodyaussie
23rd May 2012, 06:20 PM
finally wired up the switch for the rear light I fitted weeks ago!!!!!!!
Another thing ticked off the list.

Maxhead
23rd May 2012, 07:01 PM
I drove mine for the first time in 3 weeks...hahah
....and YES, still goes as hard as always ;)

growler2058
23rd May 2012, 07:18 PM
But this would be for severe 4 wheeling, yes? Seems like overkill for "normal" driving.

I thought I saw recommended change either 10 or 20k somewhere
But yes I do sometimes drive her like she was/nt meant to ;-)

Tapp tillya Crap

teno45
23rd May 2012, 11:01 PM
My recovery points turned up today so I put the lefthand side one on. Run into a little bit of trouble with the right... Theres no captive nuts in the chassis rail. What has everyone else done to get theirs on the RHS?

Cheers, Teno.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/20120523_214239.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/20120523_214304.jpg