PDA

View Full Version : Manual to Auto

cybernout10
27th January 2012, 09:34 PM
Looked through the forum and there is no info on coverting a manual mk.to auto. I know alot of you would question this move. let me explain ...i am not an offroader and all my driving is done in auto. So it would be nice if i could convert my new mk so that i can drive it regularly more than my car. I tell you i like my MK the sitting position and view and above all the classic american looks.

Finly Owner
28th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Auto boxes are rare for them. What engine doyou have?

Tim

cybernout10
29th January 2012, 02:58 PM
Hi Finly Owner
Mine is a 2.8 petrol LWB

MQ MAD
7th February 2012, 09:51 AM
The autos were only in the LWB L28s
So all the parts will be a simple bolt in ,IF you can find the parts
These autos run threw a remote transfer , you should have this ???
The actuall auto is the standard auto from the nissan L series powered passenger cars,like the Z car
Tell me what and how your gearbox transfer is at the moment and ill shed some light on what you could require

Another thing to consider they are just a 3 speed box,no overdrive,ive a owners manual here ,the owner was documenting his economy on his auto L28 LWB wagon and he was over many tanks of juice averaging 5Ks to the Litre

cybernout10
7th February 2012, 01:05 PM
Hi MQ MAD
Mine a an MK L28 lwb wagon anhas done 350k. will a nissan 280c autobox fit?

Johan Safari
15th February 2012, 07:18 PM
Depending on the length of the auto box, you may have to lengthen or shorten the short tail shaft going to the transfer. Another possible problem is that the output shaft of the auto box if it does not fit the splines of the tail shaft. Balancing a short tail shaft may be problematic. Mounting to the cross member may be an issue. The gear lever/shift selector may not line up with the hole in to the cab above.
Then again, it may just fit! Good luck!

MQ MAD
23rd February 2012, 04:01 PM
IF you get an auto floor plate from an MQ/MK itll have allowances for the shifter goin to auto
The floor plates are different to the manuals floor plate
These floor plates just unscrew of the floor

IF you can track down an auto pedal box, they are a simple unbolt rebolt conversion,they are around, but possibly not in your neck of the woods