PDA

View Full Version : Warning lights on 1992 patrol....no manual , no idea:-)

timpat57
27th January 2012, 08:12 PM
Hi Folks,

Can you help? We have been given the use of a 1992 patrol. My wife has taken it up to the North of NSWbut is encountering some problems. In particular, a warning light has come on, she has described it as looking a "a bit like a steering whell" , its orange apparently. I can only suspect siome sort of power steering problem (low on fluid perhaps?)but do not have much idea not having seen it. As ther is no owners manual we have not much to go on...she really wants to drive back down and take advantage of a break in the terrible weather but is reluctant to make the 1000k journey if there is a probem....can anyone help?
Cheers

Tim

timpat57
27th January 2012, 08:28 PM
Just had an update from the lady in question.....the description is as follows...an orange light with aa balck circle with a v in side bisected by a dotted line.......

gq4200
27th January 2012, 08:31 PM
Thats for the Air filter warning... means your air filter is due for replacement... it actually detects the pressure drop across the filter.. and if too high it brings on the light.
Nothing to be worried about... If you are worried swap the filter... they are dirt cheap... same as N14 Pulsar, VS commodore and others.

timpat57
27th January 2012, 08:36 PM
phew!!!! thank you so much.......feel a bit silly now but I guess if you dont know ask someone who does:-)