PDA

View Full Version : Are Landcruiser rims (on a trailer) Compatible with a Patrol - or do I need to change

OzzieNorm
26th January 2012, 12:35 AM
Hi Folks.
I am a newby, Got some issues.

I have a 2006 ST 3.0TD auto. And I have a 2007 Redback Deluxe off-road trailer.

However, previous owner of the trailer had a Landcruiser (spec not known) - so, the trailer rims (and spare) are Landcruiser compatible.

What issues will I have with those rims, which might be to ask: 'Do I need to change the Landcrusier Rims for Patrol rims'?

What advice do you have?

Thanks

MudRunnerTD
26th January 2012, 12:40 AM
If the Landcruiser rims are a 6 stud rim then the only difference will be a slight offset difference (Nissan = +10, Toyota = -22) and will have Zero affect on the compatibility with your car. If they are a 5 stud as per the 100 series then obviously they will not fit.

Acko
15th March 2012, 09:23 PM
I agree with MudRunnerTD & have been told running cruiser wheels on your patrol is a good thing when you wana run big wide wheels due to the offset.

Think I'll go with 33's next time.
Bjorn,
92 GQ, TB42E, Auto, Wagon, 3" lift

threedogs
1st July 2012, 08:26 AM
You need to watch out for the centres, all nissan will fit cruiser but not all cruiser will fit nissan, Patrol back wheels in particular, think I got that right, I'm ex TLCCV, this came up at meetings all the time. In convoy situations people were swapping or borrowing spares after multi flats

nissannewby
1st July 2012, 04:38 PM
As far as I know it was the other way. Cruiser will fit patrol but patrol wont fit cruiser as stated above because of the offset and obviously the difference between the number of studs in the 100 series.

threedogs
1st July 2012, 05:07 PM
100s is 5 stud, with bid difference between live axle and IFS front end. you should be looking at 80s or any 6 stud with the larger centre hole, forget Paj,

roon
23rd July 2012, 03:47 AM
the land cruiser hdj 81 and safrai has same rims size