PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Safari 24v wiring diagram

The Tank
25th January 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the site, I own a 1992 safari granroad LWB low roof and thanks to everyone here have now started to get a feel for the wagon. There is one problem I have found and that is the rev counter. It won't work reliably and only after about an hour's drive will it start to work at all. The temp and oil gauges read accurately (as far as I know) and the clock does too. I've found the voltage reducer behind the jack and that seems to be producing a reliable 12V current. What colours are the wires to the sender and where is the sender located? Are the wires heading to the gauge cluster the same colour? Everything else works on this machine which realy is a novelty for me after years of Landrover headaches. Cheers,
Gav.

Finly Owner
29th January 2012, 01:42 AM
The sender is in the pump timing house. It should all be 24V no reduction to 12V as far as I am aware.

Tim

twinotter600
29th January 2012, 03:53 AM
Probably not the sending unit. If your dial face is grey you can try removing the tach indicator and resoldering the PCB. If the dial face is black, most likely you will have to pull the needle off to get at the PCB. Otherwise get another from a breaker or send the indicator to as local fellow that can rebuilt it. I have a late '93 with a ticky flicky tach and I have yet to get the needle off to get to the PCB. Going to try and heat the pin that holds the needle on next try. I have had my sending unit out and it was fine.