PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Fault Codes

POTZY
5th September 2010, 11:12 AM
Hi all, I have just fitted a reconditioned cylinder head to an RD28 turbo diesel TDSY61 patrol, 7/98 after the owner of the vehicle cooked it. The vehicle was still running before the repairs were carried out however will not start now. I believe it is electronic as I have fuel at the injectors, power to the glow plugs, etc, etc. Can anybody help me with how to extract the fault codes. The diagnostic connector looks like the one for the Nissan consult. Cheers.

DX grunt
5th September 2010, 11:14 AM
G'day Potzy

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure somebody will be able to help. It'd be great if you jumped into the intro section and told us a bit about you and your rig, with pics.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

POTZY
5th September 2010, 11:34 AM
G'day Ross,

I live in Grafton and am a mechanic working from home.
The Patrol I am refering to belongs to a mate of mine but would be glad to post some pics when I get it running and out of the shed.
It has been sitting for the past 5 months

Cheers

Clay

patch697
5th September 2010, 11:41 AM
G/day POTZY & welcome on board mate.

This link may be of some help to you.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?595-Reading-and-erasing-GU-Patrol-fault-codes

Plenty of info & good friendly ppl here so now you've found us, don't be a stranger.

Cheers
Paul

POTZY
5th September 2010, 05:00 PM
Back again,

Managed to extract fault codes and have the fault code 55 (NO SELF DIAGNOSTIC...FAILURE INDICATED).
I have looked through the manual I downloaded from the home page of this web site with no luck as yet to isolating the problem.

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers
Clay

YNOT
5th September 2010, 05:12 PM
That may be fault code 0505- no fault detected. Your no start issue may be mechanical, not electronic.
I would be rechecking things like cam and injector pump timing-make sure the injector pump is not 180 degrees out.

Tony

POTZY
5th September 2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks Tony,

I have rechecked the injector pump and cam timing and all timing marks are alligned.

I have 2 different lists of fault codes one of which is in the manual that can be downloaded from the home page of this web site in which has a code 55.

Cheers

Finly Owner
5th September 2010, 11:10 PM
Potzy hi and don't forget to go to intros as this where you get noticed quicker with some info about you.
Tim