PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 SA

wildgu6
21st January 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi guys, thought i would post here to as not all read trips n treks.
Just a quicky for all those interested in wheelin in SA, a great little book to get is 4X4 SA,
Cost $15 and covers more than 35 of the best wheelin spots in SA,
The book was written by Greg Moore of TJM products who has been wheelin since the early 80s. Has some great spots in it and covers everything, south east & fleurieu, west coast, flinders ranges, yorkes & mid north and the outback & far north.
Has a difficuilty rating guide, a guide to what recovery kit you will need, a how to guide covering all terrains and survival.
It has a fast fact section on each trip covering where, best time, distance, length of time req' for the trip,
difficuilty, ability, permits, food and fuel stops, facilities, and who to contact.
Its a ripper little book that is great for day trips, weekenders and holidays.
Well worth grabbing guys/gals, and it fits in the glove box.
Can get at "some" servo's or good newsagents.
It was published by advertiser enterprises (advertiser newspapers pty ltd) in 2009.

Enjoy SA

Woof
21st January 2012, 10:42 PM
When I get over your way next time Pete I will get one of them mate, thanks for posting it up here.

wildgu6
21st January 2012, 11:33 PM
When I get over your way next time Pete I will get one of them mate, thanks for posting it up here.

No worries mate, next time I see them I'll grab you one, then you have to come....lol or I could be a nice bloke and send it to ya...hahahaha

Rumcajs
2nd March 2012, 08:21 PM
It is also available from the RAA shops as well.
Cheers

NissanGQ4.2
2nd March 2012, 08:22 PM
It is also available from the RAA shops as well.
Cheers

Welcome mate, post up an intro in the introduction thread when you get a chance

Cheers

Todd

bordertech
13th March 2012, 10:17 PM
It's a great book yes but he does get slightly carried away with all the spares etc you should take but then again he's a Landcrab man so that explains it :tease:

Barrie71
16th April 2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the post mate , for that price i have to get a copy .It will be good to know some local-ish tracks i haven't heard of.
Cheers mate

Rusty86
16th April 2012, 11:58 PM
I've had a quick browse through this in the newsagent and it's pretty comprehensive, $15 well spent I reckon. Thanks for posting mate, I'd better get one soon! :)

BARWICK
1st September 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up mate, will have a look

bellarodricks
7th September 2012, 03:27 PM
Thank you for this information would definitely look forward for this...But $15 isn't very reasonable ????...Is it qualitative enough so that every one can have it..?

Sanouske
27th June 2013, 12:35 AM
Might have to keep an eye out for this one. Im looking for spots to test out. Might be worth the $15 haha. thankyou.

graeme1969
27th June 2013, 12:48 AM
Thank you for this information would definitely look forward for this...But $15 isn't very reasonable ????...Is it qualitative enough so that every one can have it..?

Reasonable compared to what? Pretty much $2 for a newspaper each day and that is only good for one day (a week if you are after a tv guide) wheras $15 for a guide to tracks which in most cases are not going anywhere for hopefully years is very qualitative!

Tonka_PatroL96
17th October 2013, 10:45 PM
I've heard there is a 4x4 track at Jakem farm about 15 minutes from mount barker???? It's on YouTube but not a lot of footage!!!! I've been meaning to head out there but my Troll is Kaput at the moment!

tracemul7
24th December 2013, 11:48 PM
Somewhat late - but been to Jakem Farm and really liked it. Some great tracks and some great mud to attempt to get through ..... we had no success, nor did other groups attending that day ... but they had great fun :D The guy who runs it gives you a great tour when you arrive too - highly recommended! Best to book in advance though

greenmav
27th December 2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah good book, have had right from when we bought the trucks, trying to work my way thru all the locations