PDA

View Full Version : air con problem

607cha
21st January 2012, 12:30 AM
hi guys today i purchased a 1991 gq patrol was told that he wasnt sure why the aircon didnt work so the first thing i did was check the fuse and i noticed that at the back of the air con fuse it only had one wire going up to it a big thick white one. so i started looking through the loom to see if i could find a missing wire but found nothing. does any one know what colour wire goes to the other side of the fuse.

Clunk
21st January 2012, 01:02 AM
g'day mate, sorry but I can't help ya but now doubt someone who knows will. Always a good idea to pop in and introduce yourself in the intros thread mate and tell us a bit about yourself and your rig.......... no harm done, just helps get people on side and if they know your rough area might even have someone near you who could help.

altech
22nd January 2012, 10:16 AM
Hi 607cha, have you try testing the air con clutch by putting a postive wire on the single wire coming from the air con unit, if that works just let it run for awhlie to see if its cold, but it might pay to get the air con gas checked , most places don't charge for this service, a regas cost around $100 bucks , cheers Alex

jc58nc
22nd January 2012, 05:29 PM
There is a pressure switch mounted on the receiver/dryer filter. Test to see if the contacts are closed, if they are there is enough gas in the system to operate and you have a wiring or electrical problem.
If the contacts are open this means there is not enough gas in the system to run and you have a leak of some sort.
Don't try to run the A/C if the gas is low.

Almaster
4th September 2013, 08:14 AM
I also have a 91 patrol, and i want to fix the airco, does anyone no weather it has new style or old style gas??

BigRAWesty
4th September 2013, 08:21 AM
Hay mate, as Clunk posted earlier in the thread we ask all-new members to Jump over to the intros first. Just like a hand shake we like to get to know the members.
Cheers

Almaster
4th September 2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah i jumped over and did the intro, hey how do you get a NissianPatrol.com sticker??

MEGOMONSTER
4th September 2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah i jumped over and did the intro, hey how do you get a NissianPatrol.com sticker??

Give Taslucas a PM and he'll organise what you need.