PDA

View Full Version : giving the car a face lift

rusty_nail
16th January 2012, 08:08 AM
Morning all,

so ive decided to repaint the patrol, including the hard interior surfaces. im doing this in mid feb and pics are to come of the whole job, but i got a start on it over the weekend, by stripping out the interior and giving it a mean clean, thought id start the thread now and up some pics of the strip down process.

cheers

nic

growler2058
16th January 2012, 08:18 AM
Gotta decent job ahead of ya there mate, look forward to seeing the process

GUtsy ute
16th January 2012, 08:32 AM
This will be a good thread to follow, looking forward to it.
You've made a good start to it, are you painting the troll yourself?

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 08:44 AM
Top stuff mate - be following with interest ... huge effort but sure it will be worth it.

Now, who's up for a quick cooling dip in that pool in the last photo - looks inviting doesn't it??!!! lmao

rusty_nail
16th January 2012, 09:04 AM
haha yeah the pool looked really inviting, ontop of all the dirt, you would end up with a nice slimy feel of the carpet cleaning solution that was in there too.

not painting the car myself, got a mate coming down to stay for a bit to do it, hes a profesh spray painter but has never painted a car b4 so were both looking forward to the challenge. oh, he paints artworks on surf boards for a living, just incase anyone was wondering how you can be a professional sprayer lol. it wouldnt be the first challenge hes done fer me his current list that ive got him to do include a sidecar for a BMW K75, a mowped and a snowboard

rusty_nail
16th January 2012, 11:17 AM
is anyone aware of the RTA (NSW) requirements for when you change the colour of a car? i have some idea that the car needs to be updated as to the colour on their system, but google is drawing a blank as to finding what i need to do to get the car roadworthy again. perhaps i should go into the RTA and ask? but then again, i thought id have more chance of getting a straight answer on here?

cheers in advance

rusty_nail
17th January 2012, 08:51 PM
the dash is out, tomorrow, the big struggle to get the wheel off =D, also the fenders, bullar and spare wheel mount.

im really looking forward to getting some paint onto it, im thinking its gonna look amazing.

rusty_nail
19th January 2012, 07:36 PM
the stripping down keeps going =D

oh yeah and new steering wheel installed too, just to look =)

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 07:39 PM
the stripping down keeps going =D

oh yeah and new steering wheel installed too, just to look =)

Top effort mate!!

How big is that SAAS wheel??

rusty_nail
19th January 2012, 08:05 PM
yeah, surprisingly solid, not as big as im used too but hey i cant complain, i got the kit (wheel and boss kit) for $129 from supercheap auto. the only thing i dont like it the horn is really easy to get out. it wont just 'fall out' but its just a simple matter of pulling on it and out it comes. might have to do a few dobs if glue that will give out under more pressure, but hold it in there more solid. what did you do or did you not have the problem?

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 08:26 PM
yeah, surprisingly solid, not as big as im used too but hey i cant complain, i got the kit (wheel and boss kit) for $129 from supercheap auto. the only thing i dont like it the horn is really easy to get out. it wont just 'fall out' but its just a simple matter of pulling on it and out it comes. might have to do a few dobs if glue that will give out under more pressure, but hold it in there more solid. what did you do or did you not have the problem?

Mines held in with Allen bolts mate - I had a smaller wheel like that, but it makes it heavy to steer, and blocked the speedo on the cluster - just annoying so went for the bigger AutoTechnica wheel (still slightly smaller than original, but good though).

NissanGQ4.2
19th January 2012, 08:45 PM
is anyone aware of the RTA (NSW) requirements for when you change the colour of a car? i have some idea that the car needs to be updated as to the colour on their system, but google is drawing a blank as to finding what i need to do to get the car roadworthy again. perhaps i should go into the RTA and ask? but then again, i thought id have more chance of getting a straight answer on here?

cheers in advance

Looking good Nic,

I will give a bloke a know a call re the color change on Sat, he works in the RTA Technical so should be able 2 lead you down the right path

Cheers

Todd

rusty_nail
19th January 2012, 09:08 PM
cheers for the heads up todd.

rig, i really wanted to buy one of those 180mm autotechnica wheels like yours, but thought:

A: it would be like copying and unoriginal, and

B: i waas at supercheap for somthing else and the 129$ package seemed too good to resist when i could have it then and there, as opposed to having to wait for it to arrive through snail mail. im still waiting for my new pertronix electronic ignition to come and that was a week ago... damm im impatient lol

cheers guys

nic

rusty_nail
27th January 2012, 10:10 AM
hooray, after 2 weeks of waiting, the pertronix unit has arrived today, photos of that to come when i install it over the weekend.

Sir Roofy
27th January 2012, 10:20 AM
hooray, after 2 weeks of waiting, the pertronix unit has arrived today, photos of that to come when i install it over the weekend.

waiting for the pics mate will be interesting

rusty_nail
27th January 2012, 08:47 PM
ok so this arvo, repcocalled and said they FINALLY had the gauge and sender in, so i went and picked them up. now ive always done things myself, but this was a big new challenge, as ive never done this thing before. ididnt even know what the "sender" i had to buy was.

so to cut a long story short, im reading the sender instructions, and it says i need to cut a hole in the tank... well i wasnt about to go cutting holes in my LPG tank, so i went home to work it out. i pulled the bash plate off the tank and lucky me there was what i hoped was already a sender on the tank. so i rigged up the gauge to a 12v inverter, then to what i thought was the sender and voila! the gauge read half a tank which is about what i thought was in it! cheering.

but that left me with a non-returnable sender and 60 bucks outta pocket. so i started thinking about how my petrol guage had never worked properly, it only ever read 3/4 of a tank not sure if anyone who has an LPG converted TB42 has the same problem but both my patrols never had a working fuel gauge. i thought maybe the sender i no longer required might work better with the stock gauge.

rigged up parts of the new sender with the old senders plate, and now have a fully functional petrol gauge also. stoked!!!

see below for pics:

rusty_nail
1st February 2012, 01:21 PM
so yesterday i installed my pertronix 1762LS (lobe sensing) electronic ignition system. the instructions were not very good, and seeing as ive never changed points before i had no idea what to look for when following the very brief instructions. here is my guide below to assist anyone that wants to do the same and needs help:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302460.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302461.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302462.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302463.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302464.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302465.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302466.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302467.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302475.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302478.jpg

the rubber grommet cut with ignitor wires inserted
http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1302483.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1312489.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/P1312490.jpg

so there you have it. after doing all that you obviously need to put all the covers back on. i found that the ignitor sat a bit high and pressed slightly on the plastic cover that goes back on first but started the car and let it run then pulled it apart and inspected and there was no damage to speak of.

as to noticing a difference, the car started with just a touch on the ignition and idled really nice. im yet to take it for a drive as the interior is all stripped out, but it climbs really nicely through the revs when reving at a stop. again, cant mention anything about economy change as i wont be able to drive it for another couple of weeks, but i will keep everyone posted as soon as i am able to start working out that sort of thing.

if anyone has any questions about that i did, please let me know and if i know the answer ill be glad to help!

cheers,

Nic

MudRunnerTD
1st February 2012, 01:33 PM
Hey Nic that is a really good post there mate.

I recommend you take that post to the DIY section and create a thread there for specifically fitting a Pertronix system to a Petrol. Is well worth while and plenty of members will appreciate your effort there bud.

Good one

rusty_nail
1st February 2012, 01:34 PM
thanks mate will do

Silver
1st February 2012, 01:34 PM
GQs seem to rust in the area where the roof joins the gutter etc.

Mine was rustproofed at some stage in the distant past, I think from new, and I'm thinking of taking it back for another treatment with the waxy kind of stuff it currently has.

I'd be keen to know your plans for this area.

Great thread and pics so far - Thanks!!!!

rusty_nail
1st February 2012, 01:40 PM
GQs seem to rust in the area where the roof joins the gutter etc.

Mine was rustproofed at some stage in the distant past, I think from new, and I'm thinking of taking it back for another treatment with the waxy kind of stuff it currently has.

I'd be keen to know your plans for this area.

Great thread and pics so far - Thanks!!!!

my car only has some small rust scratches from where the roof racks have rubbed. when the car gets painted i will be giving the area a good sand then prepping and painting as per normal. i think the rust in gutters is only a problem if you dont clean that area of your car and prevent any rust from getting going through that area... just common sense i think?

Silver
1st February 2012, 01:51 PM
my car only has some small rust scratches from where the roof racks have rubbed. when the car gets painted i will be giving the area a good sand then prepping and painting as per normal. i think the rust in gutters is only a problem if you dont clean that area of your car and prevent any rust from getting going through that area... just common sense i think?

could be -I'm not talking about the gutters so much as the panel immediately above it - Mine is ok so far, but I wonder how much starts on the inside with condensation collecting on the roof and running out to the edges - something about three layers of metal being joined there? Perhaps I'm jumping at shadows :-)

Anyway all will be revealed when you pull the hood lining out.

I have a roof console with radios in it. What I would love to do with mine if I ever took the roof lining out, would be to see if there are holes in the left hand A pillar and adjacent, that are as big as the ones in the right hand A pillar, to run the wiring easily up into the roof from an antenna on the left hand side of the bull bar. I know wire can be run on the left side, as a previous owner had a 27meg installed with the wiring on that side.

rusty_nail
6th February 2012, 10:36 AM
just purchased new rear solid windows off patroldocta, $470 delivered to my door. they should arrive by thursday =)

Timbo
6th February 2012, 11:21 AM
I've been through this to an extent. Stripping the car and cleaning out the inside.. not the most fun job, but very satisfying when it's all back together.

This thread is full of win!

rusty_nail
6th February 2012, 12:36 PM
thanks timbo, in the post my new carpet arrived tooday, i got it for $155 off ebay, and got to choose the colour i wanted from about 10 colours (which in my case was black) the carpet is pre moulded and feels like its pretty good quality. i cant wait to have it all painted so i can start putting on all the new goodies which are just collecting dust atm lol

Timbo
6th February 2012, 02:52 PM
Did you get underlay for the carpet too? If you didn't, I'd recommend investing in some.. makes a difference when your running mud tyres as it kills out some of the noise. Plus it just feels nicer having the carpet on something soft rather than just the steel floor haha.

rusty_nail
6th February 2012, 03:02 PM
Did you get underlay for the carpet too? If you didn't, I'd recommend investing in some.. makes a difference when your running mud tyres as it kills out some of the noise. Plus it just feels nicer having the carpet on something soft rather than just the steel floor haha.

thats a great idea. ill just get some from bunnings. its not even expensive. thats for the suggestion mate!

Silver
6th February 2012, 06:26 PM
would the old, now clean, carpet make a suitable underlay?

satyx
6th February 2012, 07:33 PM
very brave rusty. Im sure if i ever tried something to this extent i would end up with too many leftover bolts and screws. I sure hope you have everything marked and sorted.... lol
I may have missed it, but what colour are you thinking for the paint colour? Something custom or selecting a manufacture's colour?

rusty_nail
7th February 2012, 10:20 AM
very brave rusty. Im sure if i ever tried something to this extent i would end up with too many leftover bolts and screws. I sure hope you have everything marked and sorted.... lol
I may have missed it, but what colour are you thinking for the paint colour? Something custom or selecting a manufacture's colour?

satyx, im going black lol. the car is gonna be entirely black with the following artwork painted on the bonnet( well the eyes and some of the other detail anyway)

would the old, now clean, carpet make a suitable underlay?

in so far is using the old carpet i think if ima do it i might as well do it properly and 30 bucks worth of underlay from bunnings isnt gonna set me back an arm and a leg. good idea though. ill try it out before i spend any money.

taslucas
7th February 2012, 12:21 PM
Could get that pic as a nice big digital print for the bonnet, then you'd have all the detail and cheaper than paying to get it airbrushed. Put a good quality uv stable laminate to stop scratching and fading. Would look evil!

rusty_nail
7th February 2012, 12:26 PM
Could get that pic as a nice big digital print for the bonnet, then you'd have all the detail and cheaper than paying to get it airbrushed. Put a good quality uv stable laminate to stop scratching and fading. Would look evil!

actually, im getting my mate to paint it, it will cost me barely anything. hes gonna re-spray the entire car for me and including materials its prob gonna cost me about 1500 to 2k. as for the detail, i dont want it to look like a transformer(which is what it is) im really interested in the eyes, ill post up some of the sketches hes doing for me soon.

taslucas
7th February 2012, 12:40 PM
Cool as, sounds good. Yeah some after pics would be great. I like the idea of custom graphics but I just cant commit to anything!

rusty_nail
7th February 2012, 01:03 PM
haha you just gotta choose somthing and go with it. i been procrasternating about this artwork since the beginning of last year, im glad i did procrasternate tho, cos it would still be attached to my car that is now RIP. it also helps i have a mate who will do it do cheap.

edit: oh and don't worry there will be lots of awesome "after pics" as ben will be adding them to his portfolio

rusty_nail
7th February 2012, 07:03 PM
so my mate did a mock up of what the bonnet will look like today, unfortunately he did it upside down but i think you get the point

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/2.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/3.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/P2012491.jpg

rusty_nail
7th February 2012, 07:10 PM
where do i get the nissanpatrol.com.au merch from? once the car is back togetha id love to put the website sticker on the rear barn door... so does anyone know?

satyx
7th February 2012, 09:21 PM
pm snicko. she should be able to help you.

Bigrig
7th February 2012, 09:25 PM
where do i get the nissanpatrol.com.au merch from? once the car is back togetha id love to put the website sticker on the rear barn door... so does anyone know?

AB might still have some too boss - the ones Snicko got done look great in the forum colours.

Robo
8th February 2012, 11:23 AM
Mate read whole thread and I have to say GOOD ONE BUD.
Awesome job.
Your air brush mate, we all wish had a friend like him.
Now the panel you mention above gutter is the roof panel -Turret.
it overlaps the assembly and is the last of 3 pieces here.
roof or turret on top side-door frame panel, and gutter underneath.
These 3 are fixed together at different stages of assembly of car.
roof is fixed to side panel and gutter fixed to these last underneath.
body sealer is the product you see in the gutter.
this seals water from getting between the panels.
and you'll notice this sealer on the underside above windows to seal this side of joint also.
Here's where at least 2 problems start.

Number 1 killer of this seal is the roof rack.
It will break this seal, and water gets in, end of story.
2. The seal is flexible and with time dries out loses it's flex and Cracks/splits.
Again water gets in.

This is a big job to describe here, ( for everyone ) I'll start a thread titled" roof gutter maintance".
My brother inlaw's a panel beater and shop foreman, walked me threw this repair.
and I did it myself over chrissy to wife's lwb gq.
hopefully "before" you mate paints whole car.
I'll take a pic of repair it's not perfect, but that means you can understand better what I'll be getting at.
It's not perfect because I'm not a panel beater spray painter.
Previous owner sprayed car and hadn't cleaned gutters properly, paint started lifting in the gutter "away from joint edge thank christ".
Hence the repair.
Again, good luck with restoration,
Cheers.

rusty_nail
8th February 2012, 10:26 PM
Mate read whole thread and I have to say GOOD ONE BUD.
Awesome job.
Your air brush mate, we all wish had a friend like him.
Now the panel you mention above gutter is the roof panel -Turret.
it overlaps the assembly and is the last of 3 pieces here.
roof or turret on top side-door frame panel, and gutter underneath.
These 3 are fixed together at different stages of assembly of car.
roof is fixed to side panel and gutter fixed to these last underneath.
body sealer is the product you see in the gutter.
this seals water from getting between the panels.
and you'll notice this sealer on the underside above windows to seal this side of joint also.
Here's where at least 2 problems start.

Number 1 killer of this seal is the roof rack.
It will break this seal, and water gets in, end of story.
2. The seal is flexible and with time dries out loses it's flex and Cracks/splits.
Again water gets in.

This is a big job to describe here, ( for everyone ) I'll start a thread titled" roof gutter maintance".
My brother inlaw's a panel beater and shop foreman, walked me threw this repair.
and I did it myself over chrissy to wife's lwb gq.
hopefully "before" you mate paints whole car.
I'll take a pic of repair it's not perfect, but that means you can understand better what I'll be getting at.
It's not perfect because I'm not a panel beater spray painter.
Previous owner sprayed car and hadn't cleaned gutters properly, paint started lifting in the gutter "away from joint edge thank christ".
Hence the repair.
Again, good luck with restoration,
Cheers.

thanks mate, ill look at your thread do you have a link for it? its great to have people around like you.

cheers

nic

Bigrig
8th February 2012, 10:29 PM
so my mate did a mock up of what the bonnet will look like today, unfortunately he did it upside down but i think you get the point

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/2.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/3.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/bonnet/P2012491.jpg

Wow!!! I completely missed this mate - looks amazing!!!! What a talent!

rusty_nail
8th February 2012, 10:31 PM
Wow!!! I completely missed this mate - looks amazing!!!! What a talent!

yeah its ashame its upside down but im sure you all get the picture. the painting starts next sunday the 19th. i cant wait to get the pics up online for everyone to see. i reckon it will look immaculate!!!

Robo
9th February 2012, 03:12 AM
Here's the link.
Have taken some pics will sit down asap and sort.
working nightshift, not a computer wizz ,so bear with me pls.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8659-quot-roof-gutter-maintance-quot-.
" AWESOME BONNET".
Arms on the doors maybe ?.

rusty_nail
9th February 2012, 06:40 AM
thanks man, nah i dont want it to look like a show car, just a little mean. hence just the bonnet. 8 days now im so pumped!!!

rusty_nail
13th February 2012, 11:33 PM
so i realised that i didnt have a pic of the car before it was all in bits so i thought id put it up considering the big day to start painting is fast approaching so here it is.

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/more%20mods/IMG_0194.jpg

also i got my solid windows from patroldocta today, so i pulled out my rear windows, sanded off a little pit of rust that was begining to build up on the large barn door in the window seal, took off all the doors and started sanding with some wet and dry. here are the pics:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/more%20mods/IMG_0205.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/more%20mods/IMG_0203.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/more%20mods/IMG_0207.jpg

Robo
14th February 2012, 02:34 AM
red dust in your veins.
also plenty of room to do what ever ya feel like.
Lucky man.

oncedisturbed
14th February 2012, 03:59 AM
that bonnet looks sweet

rusty_nail
14th February 2012, 06:22 AM
red dust in your veins.
also plenty of room to do what ever ya feel like.
Lucky man.

lol yeah man, i love it out here, i got a shed as big as my house (and moy house is 4br) orange trees all around and a huge lawn(that needs a ride on) cant understand why anyone would wanna live in the city when life is so good out here (im from sydney originally)

tzsafari
16th February 2012, 10:16 PM
Wow! That looks like an exciting challenge

rusty_nail
18th February 2012, 05:06 PM
ok, so i figured id put up some before shots of the car as today is the last day before painting starts on it. also i stripped back most of the paint off the bullbar and have included some pics of that as there was alotta surface rust. im really excited the day has nearly arrived. ill probably be videoing the whole thing, and will most likely post a sped up version of the whole thing on here. theres also some pics of my workspace on here too, i made up a windproof area in the shed and have plenty of hanging space for all the bits. enjoy fellas

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0221.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0222.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0223.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0224.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0225.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0226.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0227.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0229.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0231.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0232.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0233.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0234.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/Car%20face%20lift%20pre%20op/IMG_0235.jpg

GUtsy ute
18th February 2012, 05:21 PM
Good to see you are enjoying the project so much.
Looking forward to the progress pics and vid.

Will be a top looking truck, rusty.

rusty_nail
18th February 2012, 06:57 PM
Good to see you are enjoying the project so much.
Looking forward to the progress pics and vid.

Will be a top looking truck, rusty.

i sure hope so mate... not that it wasnt already, but it will be something to be even MORE proud of!!!

thebeatjackson
19th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Gonna be a top truck when she's done mate.

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 08:59 AM
ok so these photos were taken on thursday. by the end of the day we had four coats on everything except the roof and body. everything is really starting to look amazing. here are some pics of the progress we've made for your interest:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0248.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0247.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/th_IMG_0246.jpg (http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/?action=view&current=IMG_0246.mp4)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0245.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0244.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0243.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0242.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0241.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0240.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0239.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/painting%20weds/IMG_0238.jpg

enjoy!!!

taslucas
24th February 2012, 09:06 AM
Looking good mate, love the A4 size masking!

Lucas

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 09:37 AM
Looking good mate, love the A4 size masking!

Lucas

haha well ididnt have any news paper so A4 was it haha

MC97GQ
24th February 2012, 01:23 PM
ok so these photos were taken on thursday. by the end of the day we had four coats on everything except the roof and body. everything is really starting to look amazing. here are some pics of the progress we've made for your interest:

enjoy!!!

Hey Rusty, the four coats on everything did that include the feet, I noticed the painters safety boots.

Seriously though the trucks looking good mate, mafia staff car good - ALL BLACK

Mark

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 05:09 PM
well stencils all cut and we layed them up and painted on the white. here is teh result:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/IMG_9306.jpg

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 07:39 PM
continued:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/IMG_0249.jpg

Trolatron
24th February 2012, 07:54 PM
Looking sweet as mate, have you got any plans for wheels and tyres yet.

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 08:03 PM
Looking sweet as mate, have you got any plans for wheels and tyres yet.

hey mate, there are a few more mods that i have in mind. eventually when i can find a welder that can do what i need im going to do a rear quarter chop. i have a set of black rims with desert duellers 31's which will be put on this car soon. and when money is less of a problem i will be upgrading to 33's or 35's... again, all depends on money. i cant really lift my car any bigger, and im not to keen on a body lift as its just for more looks than anything. maybe one day make the bullbar winch compatible and i want to get a cage roof rack for a roof tent for the truck... well at least thats all the plan =)

Trolatron
24th February 2012, 10:04 PM
Sounds like a good plan too ..

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 10:08 PM
thanks mate, i really hope she turns out well =D

Bigrig
24th February 2012, 10:09 PM
continued:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/IMG_0249.jpg

Can't wait to see end product - what an awesome "individual" look to the truck!!!

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 10:27 PM
Can't wait to see end product - what an awesome "individual" look to the truck!!!

thanks mate, shes looking real evil atm. im sure the amount of time and effort will relect in the finished result. me and my mate have been pulling 14-15 hour days on this baby =)

rusty_nail
24th February 2012, 10:40 PM
here we go, the finished product. clear coat goes on tomorrow:

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/IMG_0252.jpg

Clunk
24th February 2012, 11:33 PM
Awesome stuff mate, looks fantastic. There's three colour that I reckon look great on gqs .....white, gun metal grey and black...... looks stuff as, looking forward to seeing the rest

Robo
25th February 2012, 02:46 AM
Looking Real Good.

mattyh
25th February 2012, 08:35 AM
Nice mate. I do like the A4 masking too haha

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?53jtuo

rusty_nail
25th February 2012, 02:52 PM
thanks all today has been fun were in the process of clear coating it and its real slow going!!!

rusty_nail
27th February 2012, 09:11 AM
well here are the pics worked my butt off for last week... enjoy, i know i do now =)

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/429938_10150834064764741_641104740_12570320_158990 7353_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/428700_10150834062624741_641104740_12570303_106514 9867_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/425302_10150834062119741_641104740_12570298_155664 3378_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/424929_10150834061359741_641104740_12570293_106234 7357_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/423916_10150834063904741_641104740_12570313_197052 0674_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/423040_10150834064484741_641104740_12570318_116062 3958_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/421624_10150834062969741_641104740_12570305_112131 7952_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/419213_10150834060239741_641104740_12570286_191066 4607_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/417529_10150834061029741_641104740_12570291_521153 062_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/417414_10150834064164741_641104740_12570315_738881 327_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/416868_10150834061769741_641104740_12570295_200997 6340_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/406551_10150834062364741_641104740_12570299_926267 033_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/401466_10150834060634741_641104740_12570288_168522 4520_n.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/Nic_Purdon/399913_10150834059919741_641104740_12570283_101800 3780_n.jpg

AB
27th February 2012, 12:33 PM
Superb job mate, looks good but not in your face, love it!

Can't believe I missed a lot of this post in the last week or so. Working hard i see!!!!

Bob
27th February 2012, 12:38 PM
Top Effort Mate. You should be very Proud. Love the Bonnett

Robo
27th February 2012, 01:14 PM
someone once said in an old Aussie movie I like green, make that.
I LIKE BLACK.

White Elephant
27th February 2012, 02:34 PM
Looks Bad @ss. Very metal!:049:
Nice job man.