PDA

View Full Version : Cooper st.

molongmick
13th January 2012, 11:04 AM
Just quick question, is $330 for cooper tyres fitted and balanced a good deal?

Maxhead
13th January 2012, 11:15 AM

Sound like a pretty good deal mate, if you like Coopers that is..LOLOL

growler2058
13th January 2012, 11:16 AM
About right I reckon mate

molongmick
13th January 2012, 11:18 AM
Was originally quoted $420 in orange, so this seems good, but not sure about buying cooper.

MudRunnerTD
13th January 2012, 11:54 AM
My GUIV hated the 265/75/17 cooper STs, hated them, shook its head, scrubbed them out, they were noisy, terrible tyre on it. Hated them.

I have a set of 315/75/16s Cooper STs for my GQ and loved them, i have them on the GUIV now and it loves them too. but it does drag the back side out of the car with a trailer on with that size. Runs straight and true though.

Not sure i'd ever buy another set of Coopers though.

tusman
13th January 2012, 02:40 PM
My Uncle used coopers on his trip to the cape, on a ford courier and trailer and got 5 flats on that trip. Hope that helps mate.

growler2058
13th January 2012, 04:14 PM
All tyres should be rotated at least every 10thou i do my mtz every 5. Now i had st on a cherokee (xj) very light vehicle was stoked with em. Had em on a ifs hilux.......were sh1t mate and his bro had em on two seperate troopies one was ok the other sh1t scalloped badly same as on my work lux, snicko here on the forum has had em wear considrably quickly also

taslucas
17th January 2012, 12:07 PM

Hi mick, 6months ago i got 4 cooper stt's (33") AND 4 new black steel rims (15" x 8") for $400 a tyre fitted and balanced. Went thru a truck place.

taslucas
17th January 2012, 12:11 PM
Oh and seeing how any question about tyres brings out every man and his dog's stories, Here's mine: A mate got the cooper stt's a few months before me and loves them. At 16000 k's he'd worn 2mm off the front and 4mm off the rear (in a GQ) No punctures, really good grip in the stiffer mud. I havent put as many k's on mine (car is a bit sick atm) but they've been great so far.

molongmick
18th January 2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks for your feedback, prices vary from store to store, $440 to $330 fitted, so it does pay to shop around. I have also heard some good and bad reports on these tyres.

It will all come down to personal choice in the end.

teleman
20th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Thats a very good deal mate. Go for it.

teno45
20th January 2012, 06:58 PM
The majority of people I've heard bag Coopers have never had them themselves. Usually a mate or a relative said they were crap. A mate of mine is on his third set. Worn them all down with out any trouble. I drove it for the better part of 5000 kms, thought they were great, that was a mixture of town highway sand and mud. In saying that, haven't got much to compare them too.

Sounds like a good price from what I've seen

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Maxhead
20th January 2012, 07:16 PM
The majority of people I've heard bag Coopers have never had them themselves. Usually a mate or a relative said they were crap. A mate of mine is on his third set. Worn them all down with out any trouble. I drove it for the better part of 5000 kms, thought they were great, that was a mixture of town highway sand and mud. In saying that, haven't got much to compare them too.

Sounds like a good price from what I've seen

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Hey Brett, good to see you on here mate. Forget about coopers and stick with the Maxxis ...hahahhahahaha