PDA

View Full Version : Proposed National Forum Meetup - Queensland

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 10:58 AM
Original post at the bottom - just thought I'd update the very first post with the latest information for those reading it for the first time (saves trawling through the entire thread):

Proposed Dates - Monday October 1st 2012 till Saturday 6th October 2012 (5 nights)

Location - Neurum Creek Bush Retreat - http://www.ncbr.com.au/ (http://www.ncbr.com.au/)

UPDATE NUMBER 4 - PAYMENT TIME!!!!!

Ok - as per below please start to make contact with the retreat and pay deposits/full amounts etc. Details as follows:

Phone 1300733901

OR

email admin@ncbr.com.au (admin@ncbr.com.au)

OR

go to the website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php (http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php)

In all cases you MUST nominate you are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise their system will place you in a different area.

You will receive an individual invoice as per the one attached below in this post. Deposits are to be made by the 20th February if possible, with all outstanding monies to be paid by June 30th (hopefully more than enough time for everyone). There'll obviously be those joining in post the 20th February, so obviously just pay as you confirm you are going - I have just informed them they'd start receiving payments, and essentially trying to put a date on it to make sure everyone gives it some attention (and they don't think I'm the only one coming!!! lmao).

UPDATE NUMBER 3

Howdy

as mentioned in the thread, looking to have a chef provide all food and cook on the Monday night and Friday night for the communal dinners - should work out around $7-8 per head I reckon by buying in bulk etc. Once confirmed I'll post up some more information.

Also, looking at hiring those Sumo suits and Gladiator games for the adults (and some older kids) - should be gangs of fun, and I'll post more details later on pricing etc (again, works out pretty cheap depending on numbers who are keen - working on around $5 per head for a 24 hour hire period!!).

Lastly, could I ask that eveyone who's going/pretty sure they're going, shoot me an email so I can coordinate this with you via your address - many people who are dedicated members etc don't get on here a lot, so figured email would be the best method of update.

My email address:

bigrig@nissanpatrol.com.au (bigrig@nissanpatrol.com.au)

Fairly easy to remember!! lol

below hopefully give a better idea of the size of the area we have allocated to us. On the second photo, I have cut and copied the owners house (large 4 bedroom Queenslander) onto the area to give some perspective of size - fits their house in on the flat section 27 times with plenty of space in between ... bloody big area!!!! There is also a section surrounded by yellow outline that is the part leading down to the creek that you can see on the vide - no good for caravans and campers, but definitely able to get tent sites down there also ...

Hope this helps ...

UPDATE NUMBER 2

Further to AB's meeting with Simon from 4WDTV today, it is all but confirmed that they too will be attending the forum meetup with their cameramen etc and filming a segment for the show on us specifically as a forum, what it is we get up to, the setup, people's rigs, camp setups, etc, etc, etc ... very exciting stuff!!!! This is a major drawcard for both new members looking to join the forum, and existing members (as well as new I guess!! lol) that are thinking about coming along to the gathering. Great exposure and not something that they normally do, so they certainly feel we are worth the trip - now it's up to all of us to get as many along as possible!!!! Family, friends (sociable ones!!! lmao), and of course plenty more members.

Top job AB and if this doesn't end up being one of the biggest and best 'individual/single' meetup of any online 4WD forum in Australia, then I'd be surprised!! I know there are other gatherings, but usually multiple clubs/forums to get these sorts of numbers and interest. Just another reason why we are fast becoming the 'forum of choice' when it comes to all things Nissan Patrol and the great outdoors.

UPDATE NUMBER 1

OK - here goes:

Met with Neurum Creek on Tuesday and essentially it appears to be a TOP location. Very central to a lot of things (when I say central - an hour in any direction, but works well for the itinerary). I must say, John the owner is an old country boy and one of the nicest people God ever shovelled guts into. He really went out of his way to show us around and make sure it would be ideal for the group.

They have sectioned aside a part of the property they keep for Sponsored Events (video attached) - on the map, it is on the bottom left called the "Deer Paddock". Quite frankly, outside a bit more of a walk to the showers, it is probably the best camping area in the joint!! Massive flat area that would easily accomodate 50+ large campsites. In a hope to make it as attractive as possible for people, I have negotiated a slight rate decrease, and some items they are going to throw in, and some items they have cut the price on for us specifically. As follows is the email he sent me - his email in blue, and my comments after each paragraph in red:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Scott,
We look forward to hosting your family gathering for Nissanpatrol.com.au and trust you do reach your predicted 100.

You should have received the copy invoice as requested by separate mail. As with any such large event that brings over 50 people we expect to offer the organiser Free camping as we know how much work you need to put in and the costs you incur to do the running around so would do that for you if you accept (I haven't accepted as per attached invoice - this is going towards the Marquee cost leaving only $168 to cover it for the whole week!!).

I am quite happy to use our standard method of bookings which is for them to phone 1300733901 or email admin@ncbr.com.au (admin@ncbr.com.au) or go to our website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php (http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php) in all cases they must nominate they are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise our system will place them in a different area. As per Attached Invoice below - this will also include balance costs of toilets and marquee.

They are then given 3 days to confirm by paying the deposit.

We will not charge the standard $7 site fee to any families simply we will charge the standard rates of $10.50 Adult & $5.50 Kids (Note there is a small loading on the days of Sunday 30th & Monday 1st because of the Queens birthday holiday). Item 8 below and note the PAYMENTS section below with additions to cover extra costs.

The only thing for you to remember is our standard terms normally allows them to cancel up to 14 days before and get the deposit back. Therefor the accurate count may not happen until then unless you state the fact that it is absolutely non refundable then all are counted irrespective of those that decide not to turn up. I would like everyone to pay deposit by February 20th as listed below, with full amounts to be paid by June 30th - is that OK with everyone?

We spoke briefly about September traditionally being a low rain time, however we do not accept cancellations based on weather predictions. We can give you a weekly report of how many have booked, Tracey would send you an email with updates once a week.

We will supply free of charge both our commercial roaster oven & catering trailer at no cost. The pics attached were from a real event and the cook had never done it before. Items 3 & 4 below.

I haven’t got pics of the catering trailer but it is a full covered trailer with a commercial Heatlie BBQ on board with water tanks & 12 volt power.

I have sent an email to order the big marquee. My question is how do you want to handle the cost of marquee & toilets? Do you want to round up the cost and divide out by say 80 people then we add that cost to each invoice as a special event so the club doesn’t have to fund out of pocket. It would only add about $2.50 per day for each one. Item 6 below.

As mentioned we would supply a few metal wood fire BBQ’s (12) to act as fire pits and of course they can be used as bbq’s also. Item 9 below.

The area would be flagged off from other users. We have a full fenceline to put up the 10m banner also!

It will require 3 portable toilets for the week and we would arrange them with your approval. Item 2 below.

At this time how about I agree to hold the area available until 20th Feb. to allow you time to get your plans made. Or anytime earlier, it’s up to you. Please note my comments below.

When you give the go ahead we will require a deposit to be paid by each family and we will be guided by you as to when you want them to fully pay. Please note my comments below.

The cost of Marquee & toilets will be quoted at the beginning and we will require a $200 deposit with full payment 10 days prior to the event. If you charge them in the price we will cover the cost provided you end up with a minimum of 60 Adults. Item 2 below.

I trust this is enough information at this time,
Regards,
John.

PS you are welcome to talk at any time to Tracey or Colleen for updates once the ball is rolling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To break it down - an itemised list below and what I have done is add some of the additional costs to the PER PERSON pricing that is listed above - I think it still makes it very resonable and cost effective for all.

1. We have a sectioned off (HUGE) area with our own entry road right beside the creek and waterhole about 80 metres from the office and shop.

2. Toilets are provided for free if we have more than 60 people - $200 Deposit to be paid that I will sort out up front and work out with eveyone later, however I am expecting more than 60 people by the interest thus far.

3. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Roaster Camp Oven which cooks for up to 100 people

4. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Caterer's Trailer they have on site for Sponsorship Events - this is to assist with interstate travellers also in not having to bring camp ovens/cookers etc.

5. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 12 Fire Pits to be located throughout the camp grounds - they are awesome little units, completely self contained (like a barrel) with a flip top lid that is actually for cooking on - so they double as comfort/warmth AND a cooker!!!

6. We are getting a 27mx9m Marquee setup by them in the middle of our camping area - massive space to use as a communal area where people can setup tables in the shade, the Caterers Trailer will be parked under/beside it, and to generally sit around and chatter ($450 less my camping fees of $282 = $168 remaining across the headcount - I've added $0.50 per person per day to cover this - everyone OK with that?).

7. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 2 large Mobile Mini Skip bins that they will collect and clear to save us having to keep separate bins/plastic bags etc, etc

8. They have waived the one-off fee of $7 per site completely - not much, but still a great show of faith and interest in having us there.

9. They will get tralier loads (over 1 tonne) of cut timber for fires and place them in the campsite for general use - $100 per trailer, probably want 3 trailers up front, so again have added $0.50 per person per day to the camp costs to cover it - Everyone OK with that?

10. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) movies nights for the kids (every night if we choose), games sets for the kids, Tug'o'War rope to go in our camp area, etc

Payments:

I suggest that eveyone pays directly to the park and gets their own individual invoice. I will add the costs detailed above, which makes adults $11.50 per day and kids $6.50 per day - is everyone OK with this?

I am suggesting that deposits need to be made by the 20th February (obviously others who jump on can pay after this) but at least that secures the site etc. Furthermore, I am thinking of suggesting to the owners that all balances are to be paid in full by June 30th (once again, others who join after this can still come and simply pay at that time), with the money being NON REFUNDABLE to the individuals, but going back to the forum itself to cover for some costs of other items not listed on here. Is everyone OK with that?

Basically want to get this out of the way for eveyone, however it works out extremely cost effectively when you break it down to $57.50 per adult and $32.50 per child for the whole 5 nights with camper ovens, cookers, firepits (cookers also), timber, toilets, marquee, movie nights for the kids, games, etc, etc (there are still some surprises up my sleeve!!!).

Obviously the itinerary is just a guide and I'll continue to work on that and put an update up in the coming week or so to provide as many options for people as possible - you could stick to it religiously, or you could do your own thing - entirely up to you!!

The Invoice you will receive direct from them. This is the first one, but the others will have the Marquis and Toilet costs on them itemised separately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDS6XVPLkmA

ORIGINAL POST

Howdy all

as per the attached PDF file, been talking with AB, Patch and a few others, and was thinking that another National Style Invitation would possibly be a good idea - and go figure, it is proposed to be in Queensland!!!! LMAO This is in NO WAY anything competitive to the Loveday meetup, just aware that a lot of people can't attend, and simply providing an alternative for them - would love nothing more than everyone who's going to Loveday to also be able to make this, but understand the financial pressures and time constraints that life seems to want to enforce on us!!

Have a look through the attachment and obviously this is very early days and very open to discussion, but thinking based on the number of members up here, based on the ease of access to various locations in short amounts of time (from a central camp site), we could have a very different meetup that is more focussed on a genuine "holiday" style getaway - bit of wheeling, wineries, beach runs, lunches at country pubs, cheese factory, boutique/arts and crafts shopping, swimming, relaxing, etc, etc ... you'll get the gist ...

The hardest thing on the itinerary was identifying where to go and what to do, as quite honestly, there is a lot around the region!! So that is more than open to suggestion from all members to hone it to something attractive for the vast majority of people. Additionally, it is open to family and friends (which they always are up here anyway) and the proposed location is a large facility (Landcruiser Mountain Park) so people aren't in each others way, and even this can change to somewhere that provides a variety of accomodation if people would prefer cabins etc ... i.e. the whole thing at this stage is very bloody flexible!!! lol

As said in the attachment, I'm sure the Queensland crew could accomodate for those who wish to travel from interstate - it would be cheaper for most to fly, and hire a 4WD up here, with tents, eskies, fridges, tarps, linen, etc being provided by a range of us to assist in ensuring you don't need to lug 85kgs of gear with you (unless you're adamant on driving, which is great also!!).

The Poll is MULTI CHOICE, so please choose all your selections prior to hitting submit.

Over to you people's ... would be grand to get as many as possible, and what could be more attractive than the Pig on the Spit as the grand finale on the last day!!!!!

ozzyboy
13th January 2012, 11:44 AM
just a thought mate. With the length of notice, i would assume a lot of interstaters will drive up / across / down for this.
Would it be worth doing a double location to show off what we keep bragging about up here?
i.e
3 or 4 days lcmp
2 or 3 days straddie / fraser.

The only problem i can see with this is, people won't want to leave :P

ozz

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 11:48 AM
just a thought mate. With the length of notice, i would assume a lot of interstaters will drive up / across / down for this.
Would it be worth doing a double location to show off what we keep bragging about up here?
i.e
3 or 4 days lcmp
2 or 3 days straddie / fraser.

The only problem i can see with this is, people won't want to leave :P

ozz

Top idea mate!!! Even something like Poverty Creek campsite at Bribie so there is no barge costs etc ... food for thought, but think there is more than a lot of merit in the concept.

Thanks

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 12:42 PM
Looks like I have another two (one Nissan, one BT50) coming also - 8 people ...

Ozzyboy - I assume with you going that Muddonk and Swampy are more than likely in also? Same I assume for Torq4x4 - that will be two trucks (Murray and Dave).

I'll amend the poll to let people add others and numbers to provide an indication of actual vehicle/people volumes.

ozzyboy
13th January 2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like I have another two (one Nissan, one BT50) coming also - 8 people ...

Ozzyboy - I assume with you going that Muddonk and Swampy are more than likely in also? Same I assume for Torq4x4 - that will be two trucks (Murray and Dave).

I'll amend the poll to let people add others and numbers to provide an indication of actual vehicle/people volumes.

we just got back from ormeau for a run. will let em know to get on and vote :). They will be there

nickpeacock36
13th January 2012, 06:57 PM

Howdy all

as per the attached PDF file, been talking with AB, Patch and a few others, and was thinking that another National Style Invitation would possibly be a good idea - and go figure, it is proposed to be in Queensland!!!! LMAO This is in NO WAY anything competitive to the Loveday meetup, just aware that a lot of people can't attend, and simply providing an alternative for them - would love nothing more than everyone who's going to Loveday to also be able to make this, but understand the financial pressures and time constraints that life seems to want to enforce on us!!

Have a look through the attachment and obviously this is very early days and very open to discussion, but thinking based on the number of members up here, based on the ease of access to various locations in short amounts of time (from a central camp site), we could have a very different meetup that is more focussed on a genuine "holiday" style getaway - bit of wheeling, wineries, beach runs, lunches at country pubs, cheese factory, boutique/arts and crafts shopping, swimming, relaxing, etc, etc ... you'll get the gist ...

The hardest thing on the itinerary was identifying where to go and what to do, as quite honestly, there is a lot around the region!! So that is more than open to suggestion from all members to hone it to something attractive for the vast majority of people. Additionally, it is open to family and friends (which they always are up here anyway) and the proposed location is a large facility (Landcruiser Mountain Park) so people aren't in each others way, and even this can change to somewhere that provides a variety of accomodation if people would prefer cabins etc ... i.e. the whole thing at this stage is very bloody flexible!!! lol

As said in the attachment, I'm sure the Queensland crew could accomodate for those who wish to travel from interstate - it would be cheaper for most to fly, and hire a 4WD up here, with tents, eskies, fridges, tarps, linen, etc being provided by a range of us to assist in ensuring you don't need to lug 85kgs of gear with you (unless you're adamant on driving, which is great also!!).

The Poll is MULTI CHOICE, so please choose all your selections prior to hitting submit.

Over to you people's ... would be grand to get as many as possible, and what could be more attractive than the Pig on the Spit as the grand finale on the last day!!!!!

You can count the Peacocks in. The trip in the pdf sounds good to me as if we are based at Landcruiser, people can do as little or as much as they like. go on the trips or wheel around the park.

macca86
13th January 2012, 07:22 PM
great Idea mate but octobe 1 to november 5 is a long time haha. liking your ideas seems a great idea. Depending how the breeding goes I might be able to get a whole pig for under $100 just need to kill gut and skin myself. I shoulb be back in brisbane living there agian.
I like the idea of 2 places. Bribie is a bit tame but good for the new people or what about rainbow beach $6 barge or go in from gympie sand surf bay and freshwater and bora tracks.
We have a 2 and 4 man tent a 3 way fridge couple of eskies to help out 2x 9 kg and one 4.5 kg gas bottles and may even bring my sister and her husband in his surf and teach him what real 4x4's are about.

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 07:27 PM
great Idea mate but octobe 1 to november 5 is a long time haha. liking your ideas seems a great idea. Depending how the breeding goes I might be able to get a whole pig for under $100 just need to kill gut and skin myself. I shoulb be back in brisbane living there agian.
I like the idea of 2 places. Bribie is a bit tame but good for the new people or what about rainbow beach $6 barge or go in from gympie sand surf bay and freshwater and bora tracks.
We have a 2 and 4 man tent a 3 way fridge couple of eskies to help out 2x 9 kg and one 4.5 kg gas bottles and may even bring my sister and her husband in his surf and teach him what real 4x4's are about.

Great idea mate - Lake Cooroibah just across the Tewantin Ferry has the camping grounds and cabins, and the pub is very "colonial" (great place at night) - they've got the big outdoor kitchen and eating area out the back also (and when I say big, I'm talking seating for a few hundred). From there, we can head up to Rainbow via the beach and Leisha track (if we can get around Mudlo) or Freshwater and have lunch up at Rainbow hotel or something ... so many ideas, so many places that are worth seeing!!!!!!

Top thought young fella!!!

Great call on the pig also - Ryan may be able to help out here too, but depending on numbers, we'll probably need two (two spits also - I'll be taking one, but that's details for waaaay down the track).

AB
13th January 2012, 08:45 PM
Alright, I have had a long think about this and I'm in folks.

I haven't been to QLD in about 10 years so this will be a mad trip you have planned Scotty!

I can't afford the time to drive up so I think I will fly up and hire a Toyota and give it some curry...LMAO.

Has anyone got some spare jocks and toothbrushes I can use?

My partner Leah and my daughter who's only 20 months old are 99% coming too. She can't stand the camping scene so I hope there will be some ladies with young kids too willing to do visit some fun places, shopping and all that stuff I can't stand!!!!!!!!

Anyways, book me in for a 99.999999999999% chance of coming folks.

Also, I struggle to keep on top of certain threads and I know you blokes will absolutely smash this thread with 79 pages of woffle so let us know if anything changes..LMAO.

Getting excited already and after Loveday I will put up a new countdown clock....These meet ups are getting extremely regular now which is great news. I might have to create a dedicated countdown thread of the multiple meet ups!

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 08:54 PM

I haven't been to QLD in about 10 years so this will be a mad trip you have planned Scotty!

I can't afford the time to drive up so I think I will fly up and hire a Toyota and give it some curry...LMAO.

My partner Leah and my daughter who's only 20 months old are 99% coming too. She can't stand the camping scene so I hope there will be some ladies with young kids too willing to do visit some fun places, shopping and all that stuff I can't stand!!!!!!!!

Also, I struggle to keep on top of certain threads and I know you blokes will absolutely smash this thread with 79 pages of woffle so let us know if anything changes..LMAO.

Getting excited already and after Loveday I will put up a new countdown clock....These meet ups are getting extremely regular now which is great news. I might have to create a dedicated countdown thread of the multiple meet ups!

WOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ..... Top stuff!!! You and Patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding effort lads!!!! There'll will be OODLES of non camping, non 4wd'ing, non sitting in the bush stuff for the wife and kid mate ...

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 08:55 PM

But you haven't voted .......

And my jocks are WAY too large (mostly in the front I'm sure) for you!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

AB
13th January 2012, 09:12 PM
Oops, done now....

By the way, I haven't been on a plane for many years and I am extremely paranoid about them. I think the paranoia comes down to not having any type of control of the vehicle...lol

I'm getting anxiety already thinking about it...lol...Bloody planes, too many Aircrash Investigation Tv shows! I'd rather roller skate to QLD then ride a plane...LMAO

growler2058
13th January 2012, 09:12 PM
But you haven't voted .......

And my jocks are WAY too large (mostly in the front I'm sure) for you!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Is that from wearin em on your head hahahahahahahhahahahahaha AHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

AB
13th January 2012, 09:16 PM
Is that from wearin em on your head hahahahahahahhahahahahaha AHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Comment of the century...LMAO

The truth is though he wears his jocks real high like this so I agree they will be way too big for me.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/01/8.jpg

macca86
13th January 2012, 09:19 PM
on the way to 73 pages of dribble lads. I have a tooth brush to share haha I don't wear jocks so can't help there haha

ozzyboy
13th January 2012, 09:26 PM
i have a mankini for who ever wants.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/fbprofile.jpg

ozz

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 09:34 PM

Hahahaha ...

nahh ... I just borrowed a few pairs from my mum - you know, front bum mum!!!! lmfao .....

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 09:47 PM
Righto - couple of reasonably solid ideas ...

1. Going to organise for some high quality video footage to be done over the week - from this, and select members vids/photos, we'll put together a professional looking DVD of the trip. Something like 30 minutes long as a 'keepsake'. Thinking something like $5 each and proceeds go back to the forum.

2. Have already started organising for a "games" trailer to be taken up - basically a caged trailer full of things like volleyballs/nets; badmington; bocce balls; cricket sets; soccer balls; footballs (the real kind - league); a bubble machine; self supporting basketball hoop thingy; that rope ring game thingy where you try to get it over the stick in the ground (like I know!!! lmao); etc, etc - basically a tonne of stuff to setup in the centre of the camping areas for the kids (and the adults too no doubt!!!) to ensure they have literally plenty to do and have a blast. Was thinking of organising a face painter on the Wednesday also to spend the morning and paint all the kids faces if they wanted ... and some of the less pretty adults!!!! lmao

3. Spoken to a bloke and hopefully will have a full size (single track), full length car ramp coming up - basically for some massive flex shots if you want them - has a measure on it also in height so you can tell how much flex you're getting.

4. I should be right for one spit to accomodate up to a 30kg pig, but probably looking to get another if the numbers end up being anything like we are imagining. If no one can get their hands on one, we might have to ante up (literally $2-3 each or something) to hire one.

It's should be a cracker - a real 'holiday' for everyone with plenty of free time, plenty of variety for things to do, and plenty of good times and laughs!!!

Can't wait already!!

growler2058
13th January 2012, 09:48 PM
comment of the century...lmao

the truth is though he wears his jocks real high like this so i agree they will be way too big for me.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/01/8.jpg

on the way to 73 pages of dribble lads. I have a tooth brush to share haha i don't wear jocks so can't help there haha

i have a mankini for who ever wants.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/ozzyboy2000/fbprofile.jpg

ozz

hahahaha ...

Nahh ... I just borrowed a few pairs from my mum - you know, front bum mum!!!! Lmfao .....

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahaha:o ops::offtopic::offtopic:already haha:cheers::animierte-smilies-f

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 11:42 PM
Things were bound to change quick!!!! LMAO ...

Had a thought - works out cheaper (probably half the price for some), but thinking rather than camping at LCMP, how about Neerum Creek Bush Retreat?? Link below - a mate has stayed here and reckons it's great - they have hot showers, BBQ's, powered sites, etc, etc and far more central to everything than LCMP for those wanting diversity ... example 47.2 klms to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo, 70 klms to Bribie Island, 12 klms to Woodford (Beerburrum State Forest for some wheeling), 75 klms to LCMP for a day up there, 51 klms to Maleny (wine and cheese region - nice spot too); etc, etc, etc ...

http://www.ncbr.com.au/index.php

Brace yourself for the scary CGI woman who talks to you!!!! LMAO ... you'll know exactly what I mean when you access a few pages on the site ...

Essentially the best of all worlds ... right on the river, still camping but not outright roughing it ....

Thoughts?? I'm going to take a run up there to meet with the managers next week and see if I can't sort out a better group rate also ...

AB
13th January 2012, 11:45 PM
I'm just going to get off the plane and wherever you banana benders take me then I'll follow...LMAO

Bigrig
13th January 2012, 11:48 PM
I'm just going to get off the plane and wherever you banana benders take me then I'll follow...LMAO

Too easy - looking at the interactive map of this joint, it looks the go ... cheaper than LCMP also, and if for those wanting a wheel, Beerburrum Forest has just about every challenge known to man in there!!!!

patch697
13th January 2012, 11:59 PM

You might have to catch the same flight as me old mate, that way I'll have someone to bug the sh!t out of for an hr or so........hahahahahahah

Yep thats right folks im going as well so if you want a chance to bag the sh!t out of AB & myself both at the same time & in person then here's your chance............hahahahahahah

With the likes of me old mate Bigrig at the wheel of this National meetup, it'll be a not to be missed shindig. So even if you think you might just might be able to swing it then get cracking now cos this ones gunna be a biggen.

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:06 AM

Yeah, yeah, yeah..... Dribble, dribble, dribble...... So ya going then, thats great........................hahahahahahahahahahah ahahah

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah..... Dribble, dribble, dribble...... So ya going then, thats great........................hahahahahahahahahahah ahahah

No pressure intended, but would be awesome to have Doggy and Tony (nudge nudge lads!!! lol) up as well to have the whole moderation/administration team in one place!! That's considered high risk to many companies just in case of a disaster, but reckon we should be right!!!! lmao.

AB
14th January 2012, 12:16 AM

righto......

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:17 AM
No pressure intended, but would be awesome to have Doggy and Tony (nudge nudge lads!!! lol) up as well to have the whole moderation/administration team in one place!! That's considered high risk to many companies just in case of a disaster, but reckon we should be right!!!! lmao.

Im organizing a monkey to train up as the new admin as we speak.......... It won't get here until the last week of Sep, but a couple of day should be ample time im tipping........hahahahahahahahah

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 12:19 AM
Im organizing a monkey to train up as the new admin as we speak.......... It won't get here until the last week of Sep, but a couple of day should be ample time im tipping........hahahahahahahahah

I'm not offended by the inference of being replaced by monkeys, but seriously ... just the one???!!!!! lmao

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm not offended by the inference of being replaced by monkeys, but seriously ... just the one???!!!!! lmao

Oh no old mate... You'll still be expected to do your thing via tap "n" crap.... Just looking for a temp for me other old mate & with the price of bananas coming down it seemed the logical choice.hahahahahahahah

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:41 AM
Christ you're puttin the pressure on now Patch. I was holding off trying to think this through properly but if you and AB are going then I'd better get my backside up there. I'd be driving though if I went and make it a coupla weeks trip. Might need a jockey in the D9 though. You keen on that?

I bags shotgun....................hahahahahahahahahahahah

AB, if you want to come up with us you can be the backseat boy.............hahahahahahahahahahaha

P.s. No bloody singing either.................LOL

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 12:46 AM
Christ you're puttin the pressure on now Patch. I was holding off trying to think this through properly but if you and AB are going then I'd better get my backside up there. I'd be driving though if I went and make it a coupla weeks trip. Might need a jockey in the D9 though. You keen on that?

Mate, what can I say other than f'ing OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Roll on October!!!!!!!!

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 12:47 AM
Haha we can leave a trail of destruction all the way from here to there and back!!

Haven't seen your vote yet!! lol

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:49 AM
Haha we can leave a trail of destruction all the way from here to there and back!!

hahahahahaha....... I don't know what will make for better reading, the QLD National or the Plassy Patch & AB road trip............hahahahahahahahaha

Man are we gunna have some stories to tell when we're old & gray...........hahahahahahaha

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:53 AM
Gee Bigus, with all these Patrols & there families in one spot, I hope we don't knock the planet off its axis..................hahahahahahah

patch697
14th January 2012, 12:55 AM
Need to check a few things first, but it's at the forefront of my mind dont you worry!

WE ARE GOING.............. THERE............... Thinking all sorted & problem solved..... You can go vote now..................hahahahahahahahaha

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 01:15 AM
Righto, to whet the appetite for those considering it from the southern and western states, here goes:

1. Bribie Island (beach driving amongst other things) - http://www.tourismbribie.com.au/
2. Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's joint) - http://www.australiazoo.com.au/
3. Mapleton and Kondalilla Falls (simply stunning) - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBhQSERUUExQVFRQWGBgYGBUYFxcXGhwcIBcaGhgaGh kYGyYeFxsjHBcXIC8iJCcpLCwsGB8xNTAqNSYrLCkBCQoKDgwO Fw8PGiwcHxwpLCkpKSkpKSkpLCksKSwpKSwpKSkpLCkpKSksKS wsKSwpLCwpKSwpKSwsLCwsLCwsKf/AABEIAMIBAwMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAACAgMBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAADBAIFAAEGBwj/xAA/EAABAgQEAwYFAwIFAwUBAAABAhEAAyExBBJBUQVhcSKBkaGx8A YTMsHRQuHxBxQjUmJysiQzghdDY5KiFf/EABkBAAMBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAgMEBf/EACIRAQEAAgICAgMBAQAAAAAAAAABAhEhMRJBA1ETMmFxIv/aAAwDAQACEQMRAD8A55SAHAFOWvSE5q2Zh1hklh0b34xXzZhJJ Dpy6nxpDSjNWpJoKDSBy5zhiWBNve32g06aHAepdoWl8PJSVeA u+/Q61hhpCi7E/iLRKs4ITXKXJalvIQpgEBMztXG/nSHVLTlJqAS3ZZNbuWuKwrQWmzA9AANBtETNOXKNTGKk0DRkmQ oktXpAaaJJUab+UXKZLAAVaFsJKyjQk3/EPAiz1jLKgmpBFCb+2jFEP1hoSgxPh4feEsQnUXqByglUG1QAW BML4pbG9vYhnOwesV6hmWb110do0g2LIS5A3Jcx6/wzCpkM79hFVdAw748z4Dgs8xIZ9z0j03iy81d2JHN46Pj6Jz2G WTM7XMnvsI5LjEgqnBgRU20Fa0teOuwae0qvM+LRzOJmErLkCr nVrUts/jEfPl4wiZmIlhWpJt9OxpSu8J4rDy5hzEZSCCTUuB10o0HxanL JAod3BL3L84SnYVVydL8uly/o8cc/pDrxWc1ykPevURXLl5QoXBI5Ozt4vGljLam49+7wFK6VBPto0k 0EcNilImAgXNu+0XEzGsopUGIYCr3oSBZ3rFeiQVHMlmSaOw6N FhwDhaZgmLnKKQDXclicoJo7ivUROetboqGGklQZIUsl6gZm3D igpS7xdo+VhwyMq1vUhlKOjJADhPmxvBF42UHTKBypSPpBL0cN RxUuSf8ALHOYqatbFMrK7pzHsnKakJaycqqlrVeMNeYkWGO4kV lVcoASKmly9H5A9TCJxTFgQetE2vttEJXDh2QCSBRRCTU1OrC3 OIyloSxSSQVMaBhZwRrTbeNMccdaijKp7OS40vq12Nu+taRpBY 0Yixc7DUPqY1KwaVLBVUqqQaNW5D08/GGVpRnLgF3KiK6lqEawcTgg0EDNUIBSE5UpAcvUuet2JLCAf3y gWYsLFwxNa8xakTxCQoHLcWNCLVNdQ3lC6ZBKgsEEGnaDDlQAn a94etzkGTxL/MhBOpyp+4eMhKfh15iymFKZSdIyDwh6dCvDHKoFmZgCWPjFRiJ wTQpykaO/7GLkzElgTUdRX76QrjMD8wDMpiLhqHueNJl9oVPDMLnmBRDJD1 fVizPDhxSknMWOQgFNa0d+YteCGUAQHHUU/iN4lSbgbC9O57Rez2pysmruXbny9IYRLJJeGThCKAEKWX83Ddw hhXDyHqCerd9YNwwc7X0Ab7wfCdkE29/iIqwkxQqAkDct/Maw0osc3faFQJhp5zsOvKH0SQU2DP6VMJyUgUAuRWLCXLcNpbT qYyzoanOphC0xAFHtpDLOonuA7oH8yu/vnrCxoiuxCSTyiCJbcm1g2IDq97xks8/2/Ma7N0XwRhs2IKR+mWT/APoP6x3WKyplD5igkAuSescH8AzP+sURpLX6C/vWOu47OTNwywEMpNQNL+LtHVhxiKRl4iUfmFBdg3gfu/lHCcUxAcghw5ca90OYbGrQCmvbFSXdnpa1td4rcaDd63pu3KMc 8vKaLQCsQwygDm9R3cniMzGAFilhcOBblE8EPqzXyln3vvSkIz Jrl2vSkYXEaAnSipRYsx0d/wANrAZOIahsPf7w0oAEZaKO+jwti8EWzCt30Aq3IPF9wtmsLi0 F8rvTkO6LnCSVJlhQWyVBaipJ7QFE5QSDlctt3PHIYRBUoMWas dDhEkSkoyg1JUpydHYdHIZrvEZT6Gltg1yciEy1KmlBBUAkMpn qQfqFdXHa3YRBgsqUEBCiglPbJ+ogZsoDWCiw3F9aqRi/lysoZKjQqH1UJdyDQcv4iymrQlQTLDUS5U31MXKmd22D6xl46p l5GFlg/wDcU9bAA1F2fKkGg/UddoilcoDMhNkuSo5iS9CaO1bn9hHEYtNB+q5UEs9Ljam8KYpR WrM4ypclIVkoDvq1qcuZi5Ng1LxpZSilgQ5LMRVgXYf5qCDyTL KEmoOWporU1OhVQ9nZjrAcRxMfLdSksSAAlwC1KgBiwJ19YIZJ CgpjmKaAEFILUDGr2ud+80FfjkZFMpWYO9ARTbncwzhJct8qMy Qx7OtfpJJJY303gONwakrQZZzKIcPu1SX1DPXcRIZvk9rtLJLM wANgQzVZ6v4xe9mrTjligZhSMgU1SUkjb3pGRXBrvE4nKWJNyz XA/IhmZiQLjM7elxCa8tcwBUN6eHOBzlsWFdi+m1YekJpnJIXm+oM NtfOATFkVuGYbir98MKWVB1WGjvC2FnVF8oU7DSjQwPw/5hmZnLFzcgB/teH0Olqhj3+DneBYaR2MxL5u0By2vS943NUyRZqO1uda+MTvYH VOa5bvbXlA1T7v4gv0f3XugM1dADWIIAFnOzXg0FkkMxZ4Ognu 0HPW14rp+IsHLi9adIZnYogMm4I7W3TY6RGU2GTcUczCvlE5sw XFBFWhfNyPfvrEhMeK8TOZQTq28ASMuZ6mrQzIbx8ucDxRSKCr 3iZedCVef04T/wBVNI0kLp1WgeN46hWGK84rQinIW8453+nUlps4p+r5R8MyfuI uk8QKX3Jr0Djzju+P9Tqo+WVTlJZiEs2hGUtm+145vFy+0xtrp py6R2UrEEKKi2ZT+DU8I5LiAJWAoVLMO/Td6xl8s8YStnIYBy5Lkgbex5QLKkCtg5pXoH8Iany2XUHYfj1h PiA2dvYr3+sc+5QSW6n7PT7VO0SSwB83s4Hapza8blrOgL1i34 VITmLoz9mhLMCGctYk1pavKDK6gKI4FNQCoS6kBhrWxA2L036R OXgphDrKkCwF1aglrD9ovMdJCu0gLBoM5JVlD6DelxTwDVWKxA SwzAqGoL8gCKhi+nfGWOVyARllKQkpSqjs+ZVDuNOQpzeEZmNU sdlOwoKabd/jDeGGZbJIcJd8mzk1enc8HVLASUnU0dQYWJV2aPQ690V0ZCXh1 KL3OwtztXSBzEuGNNQ9zy76RaokJA7DsfpoXNnJew0rqLaxDGc MAUHUFEirEskd4D06w/LktqLDy2ORRetAQ5BNX8mixGKUlJq4fslr7jk9PCJ5AFHKzFhQ Mw3c1/mBT5LlSswAHJi4dgwv1it7NGWc5GZyRRy7VpVi5JsOkMyl5WtQ ChDXozPUgQrJlB6m1SCCH3/mG5eUh1Jq7gVG3i28Kg+gy2qSDYhgIyEpkguWDDaMiNQElTzep YVZumsRw80AVreNcPwyppNgEBtr6RbYXhQSO2xJ2f2Y3tkTpTr ml6Pl2MNcPmlAU246s3OLaYvsqCUgDkB9oURwcAhRUA9Qnb3WF sBzpr1UdPNtPOA/ODBNt7Gl4hxKXlIbtebQWUEFJLm7U52igOmZQUALu57RAFtGEB XOr2C5Dh4jPxJDBNBRjC8gkVsR+qERhU4Am7i/7QZGIdOj+7wiljVVRGzMrQNAZg0Y7wuZzHcXhleIUtNWymrMAx 3hVUoQz0ck4ouelIxC315QBKGF2ib/AJhaEdn/AE6nhOImg6yxXoq3e/lF7xrKCo6sKc45j+n8sqmzTp8ojvzJaOj43IbLtqY6/j/Uyvy3ryigx0xQmkgD6X5va/RzHRJV4M/lHMcd+vqG/NuRMHy47xIGRKExyT9Llm102pzhfESQqpsGUw6fvBZCRl9eZjR SUoqGN2NNDp0+3SPOynPBkMPlBoP9IFno7eNNIdwWKQghPZuWe oJZyACL16OCIqMWsJSVAMXF7nUu9QX3s4gs2aMjqAOW7uGuzHW uWDKbI1MxylZmdlEWtRiKePNjFLLV0qWrXxgk/GFgkWHjq3QfiEk4YE/eNcZo19wzFZGN0nNS9SB2tHAvUtSIp4ikqOYumtGFdq6Vu8V6Z ijlDE0CQNTdmA32hzE8MJazgfToOTjX8QrJvkGE8SHaBFCKMeb jWjGMxWIZKcpBJrSppSu34gBkJSbk82ANttfe0bMsJ+kmv/jfW9RE8AFE5VXFb/am8aUGUBRmenkIOEEkONencxLQzLwYzZmCikAjK+r3g3yGyhOb tBnqWLto5VrQc+6CJwOVi5Pk/Wjg8oIqVPzKEtJAB7QyAsoPc15n7RZYD4bmzBRCjlFRu5LMGJJ Aal72pCkoVRQdElup/IjI77B8BJQkoWjKRR7jcF06FxGQfjyJ57w7h6QygSVXLFh3w5k CS5JUWs1P3iEkhKcosPOF/wC6YOwPI1+1YvtOzMhIXYa1vvu9AIHjUpN3PQtEpKlFNWTXpCc 7EJYu593ggBnSAPpeu48avAgTLc0B5jbSNyipiouWs/qBeADEBSgmjkuVbjQNpFGMvEhszBzpdvdIHNmrLMwFhttAp0kg 1s9BSr7A3sYsPkjKEu5UwLWTzcipEAV0yaoAeH5EFw0pS7Bxvp beDTZLzCLpzMSaas7/AH6xYLxASGSlh9IIs9gX1/aGCq+H5U2ClHR7CtRubRr+xJ+mtdQxtpWsSlk1JJDXL3NKAQ1L +l6ubchzf8aQAP8AsaCvvlvAhhS4fQxKZjQKglhYDy8zAJWIch z3C55CCG9P+BsAlGHzamh7j/EO8aAynWOG4LxhSZgIKspYFkg9lJHgKvSsdDxDH50nK7Ee7x2Y WWFtGQgkBtfSOc4+auA5GnvujosKvKkkm4p4Ry3GJ/bPODPpQciYQzZSQQeT8nu/4gkyaVqcgB1PlFQBoH13bnAcKGFa8t4anqISKN2srgUcuQPAGO O9tJONuZ42tXzZgJIQaimhFA3efAPFdMUpVyToPBvSOy+IMFmk iYTmykpJ8SnT/KPSOSUit7QIqKVnLlAFddWd4ssLgWQkqUDTNlS7tYZjZI/a0Jplg+/KOmw/BJ0xDpQEpCc17ipzMGOUAG7ChOsFlvRFcNM+UFBDgqFS4eooAR YXoG0hNS1F693vaGDgSA9T3X5mJ/2uUb8+ev2iPHXY0VlkFz1PT8w3w/CfNogEsxoCWBNCdg/pBsFwwqUEgOpRoNfesWsngE+SrJ8t1B2DBQAyupW1BZ7P1ipjs yPyvkhRUQFEM5S4qXoTY0vfpGcNk51hIZI1chmJ1Ici3W0XOIw 6/lqWoqUgJKipyA+UkMmt0i5YVHfzfBcYtBVNIs92cOaaMaDUaje ImOqT2PB/AUpKMqlqzNlBQMgAIFP1Em7Hme6Svg+XKSf7YrTM/QVEZUhmZstm3c+Aao4b8UrBQo4hEwLbOnKzFQDBgSsq0YAJ15R 00jjsgpT/AIqQspBMsHMXIBAa7VvSNuylUCCBSapZmAnMQss7mzkekZHQTs GjMXnhP+lVCOR7Q9I3Bo+HhSlZRzL/AMCFppATmdmF7uYbxEwEsNBTeBzMOlgFF6VHsWjNAGOmnIwNRt 5MOcAVLKRWrtWzcoKgqWHZTg2LXu/dEMbhipnUPf30pFAuubmDV5EGgjMMGFAcxoGDnoDERKY08IYSF JYuBsQBTrSAxCoZ1CY5yooAxy2YHelDz3hOUFMC9NufONTVlJu wWKlnobw3ImIIJSFNUVJJJ2AeunKsAKTABnevJqZn+zmHFTBMy AkBNzUA6BhyDRmKwuVI5VOxa/QwkgAKH+kh6OxNxqKQGenzQknLQWGp5ljuxHfEfmqyAEkMGbXo xFBBsLiAyiCCSR3AUA5XvCk/Fk1Nde7SAm1BWVsorq1RVm97wfDpq6iC3JvPR7Qj8zkH/Y+cHkKVUucwck1u9vv4Q4HQFRTUJCHSCE/q3Ys1zvt3C+wGL+bKcpy7Bmp1ZiXe0UXBsSZqu2HLDtlxQKq2j 1FKfm9kqowttHVhyYmJWnIS+o/eOT4q2eLXGLKWBP0jT3vFBjF5i/OFnTHw8yjPD5WFJGZNlO9nuKczSvKKmUcp74tsJhjMLJBKt70c kd/5jms5XLwew7KkgsCTMzEEsXzgWNTT/jHPzeBlc8hD32tXxrHovCPhhQlgKF39+MdDwH4PTLX8wjtRfj9 la4/4Y/pWpakrmgJSliQQXO7Db7GPQcT8KyEIVUoBDGrJYCwTrTSFuM/EmSfLw8s5cwJmLaqQzgJNgts13qBQvDnDeFoXJKcswAhTGYrMo hQIqRcNRur3MTv6SqOHcEwy0KTLShblgpaRmFAzB8wS1Q+5eF//AE7kh+2CpIOZk5RvVQPZLA0/1GmsdXhOBSpZSpKWWlISFAm2tCSAOX4EM4bAoR9KUg6kJA326m DYcXMkSEqRLly/lhDlKnKQJjihJ+pRSCWG94Z4dwtPzjOzK7WTtFQVlIKs6SR+p2 egYeMX+MwivmoWycqXyj/5CCEk9mzKIvdoRxvwu6FpSQyy5SrMAO0pQYpNKKawPOCUPOvjz GITMnSZMxGTEKDlJzBKgQCEhBIdYCE1FCS0c9gsNOlKyJq4UnK pwO0G0DuWFttqRa8U4SgcTk4ZgBJT/cTypkh0nMkh1EVGQOCAc1nDQv8A/wBQy5mZKZpabnCZiAAQCctQSp6Co0Samwn/AEXg/wAM4enCLTNxBmISsPLCU9sLSr9STVLjMkfp5x00ziKJ8sfLWpE xQSpKDlEucosS7h8os7i5a0VnEAvHyhMVNlyiohJBCg9AoDKUl SlO9QWszsY5qZJnSGUkJRkBBqS4LA5k6u7d2j1revRf2OqnfDT qJUv5aiSSgKQwJrz631jIjKGJyh5gDgFky1hI5AaNGRfA283E0 97B6+DQGapRd6B39/iHUpAGpf34QnPo5GoaMgYKTKTUv670hVZJqReuwDH+YjJxwur6 gzXZm23hVeICj2yQl3oAS+z7QELkKrOzs2vdvD5w9Oy7pozk9R WmulLwsR/hKYFCezlLuohy6jWnhYwGVKUh01cnqDzG8A0YmpTmzAAhmAb15 AepjeGShKnArs9yHb1eIzRlBL0dr98CEwMDq3vpCCxnKTlCXSS aVch2duUZhglMvsgM5cb1a+paKYzhmzMdj+I3LxNQl2SzGGDKU gqUQ/jQ6v4mFpi++D/MFQB3/tC05TmGbEKZQ6w0lbKLWcBjqIUSHYaksILORlWUu7Eh7Wp9oAu JOPyDKzE6gMCNPN4dwPGFJO4JuY584h4PJdxGmN5C+x+JCg+8U qzWGQos0LTEQ86IIADl0NvfdHq3wZ8PtJCyKkUjzfgmBMxYTpm QCdWzMW7iY+gOHYQS5aUjQAQuuTRweF7IBgWO4rLlqEolpiwfl gnLmOoB0YVPKLQCOO+KVJmzFpZSQEhCjVKldp2S4YhlNmJDBRP WN7C1Hw8EJRZS0ZldofUs6qLEs71qfBoc4HMHyhV6qAcBNibAU 8LW0jhZnxOuThjLC0qnBSQQFFPy6kqKs4OcFRYgklgCdha/DHGJc1R+YpWZCkALIyvYIBU5cFQetyQKmJDtmjIq+N8dTh5ZVQ qBAyPUvyFYqcB8ZJUoGYQkEswzFuyKijGur2ampm5Sdh02Jy5F Z/pavTuhOTxFIV8taglVCkqIGdJ+kh6vQgjcPYiEeIcelrlLKSFJ Zg7M7i4cFrVemojhuPcfKJJWjInEIKilYACl5yUKDZi9zVz9L6 Q9wTkp8N4WXj+L8QxUxKZiZSxKkgozgr+lCgkliUy5Lu9M2akd HP4etU1ZSlQUwWc+UqCsgQkkBTrp80DTtPq8UH9PFysFhgpY/wASc5KkqII7RCASVZSlq0BqS8X6/jJKfmLQrOCRQpyrIAAuGYlqdlouWHe3H8MwczEY6XJUEjI/0BQCUgM5IPZcgeUenYH4dQlHaAJYgqd+8Ahhvq3OOJwnxsZIUq XIGddVqOqqAElNVDKkbVgOL/qLiZgP0oDfpSQfEkk+TxH5MZ7ExXuLxExC1Jz0BYfTbT6QBZtI 1HAYjik2YorWSpRuTcxkR+eH4VTmZmD02hOdh7s5/iLBUsBLFn7oj8pzQU29OsaoV/8AaACrv3el9YWXKqzO12r4xY4qWqnkxduX7wshTOSHfSACAhCQ 7AkUAq5byaBYqaQQP/cCmJd3DeAakRIBJNXADDu35GsDUslyS6iamDQGUFAEDtHp3awK dOoOyBpblERNVQP/ABE8ua9wbXg1oFRLjcuS5raDmVBJcuKkDAMtmNNa3gapUNZRGF JNoegAJWptApqWJ9n+YcKGNqCArQ8FnIQRBkAxFMqGJcmHJoCg tWIqLxMDsq7m8a+Qh74c4UZ+IQhr/asLW6b1P4D+HJaMNKWwUVALdtdq7NHbxWcFwfyZCJf+UND5XE5 XkNzJ2UVjzn4t+NFy1BKFBSVlTtZgTTked6XGvV8Z4mlAYqDtR OYAnSn5jznjGLRNEwpZsoAQzneihaoe9YXECqwSQQpRJHbSSSz kOQSFFw7pc36VjeNxC5mdcvMxWolKcpYEBqJDOQ9hrpWKjEY4i WlIcMkm7vqW5OTFrKISlH6UsCGoX1di6n576xh8nyeMCxXiJuV CZiitaEt2lAkA6OpyW+16Q5KxckqKM2T9QmLVZRH0USxBIsWqo RRkKJuaPfdtm6FoMkNqCdCwp7byEc0zu95clJs4tRlqCcxmAD6 SAHYuzZjTwNaiF8Xis7AksKZScwF/yYHLmBBvzJfX7QEzXFjctStucXb6jpnxyNfOsAO4ac41KClFwL G+n7w1JlE1PUCJYieAKgtcN+20RajW7pWLNCzjLQ3pE5GHq51p U05QQrzuGbTYdYIcKCGc09s8LdPx1W0oH80jI2ZaP9XjGQtq1V NJlOxUoAai5/bzic3EJFEgndiD6xXpWNHZ7OYxC2ePQ05kplC+WnU05QikO5De +sMTlkhnpAAPOLxgYoF+WpgIAhgJLxD5dYvQaSh4nKcUFzBPlx tEqDQTUgBxctfnEBLiaUxNKYqQkUyoKhETRLg8nDFZCRrAZafK AB12hJQrFpipXaND0MK5ALwXQCly4YytGniaREWgUIDNz9/ePTPgD4ZCBLnuC72L6W6x53hMNmMemfCnERh8JkuXUqtRUPp9I h71A67E4sJITqfy3TWKf4j4x8uSSlQCmBFbh6sfesI4rjxCRMB JCqFSGIodQzD6hYnqbRSfFedSULoUB8xNzt4dn2Ymzg1BiuKmZ OzTU5nSHowpRzvfl3Qtj8ckBSQMoJJFbfk/iFsSu1SXZ2Pv2IGrCqLFLUJar0BNT4axxeVPRZWQkJFWDA19nu i3l4XspS3ZBsTUBgWHeLvA8Hw/KSdTb7V0hpMxiXOtvSM6vHD7TEm5FE7c/bwlOxQSb6eETn44Bkg3evQV+/hCS5ZVUMa61reohyctbqBzMWbgXsNHJYdIdweEUgBS1B3sHHR3 Ht4PLwqU1YE6HZqVEVip6jOuwb7sPtBbviDe1niuJlFFMHsdIi jGpIqAQCa308oxeDlqSBNflX03hZPDwlKkoYptW/iL8q+LxEicjacRQhsvL7xCZOJAt1p4tCmLCiOyKBg5OoZ6au5A iYLBmLP2WcdXMXpNyiQWrRQbvjUDybs/UxkHiW1BLkk1FA9dn/MTlyiRXweBYeeG7VQNP23iSsUkFxqLCO1kZSUpFg+7u3dGCYhR qA+8LqxIKWHU0jUunv7Q9BtdDGkpgok6+X3jShGsJHPpBlIam4 iLRsOC4gNqWDYCphmRhlEsQ1QC8awsoqVmcBm18+6LdU7KlLU0 cnwL+PKM8vk8egFLl5KNU60fWj90bl4nIkkAZjSz36hoUm4sZi z7eXgPKIicV7gChA6eepjCZXZDLUVA5iD5aaDSEZ6WMN2JcENS oIq3rAJ2GzFwdOle/wBYvHLd5MsldYMhLgRFEtixvFpw3CuoUezxtIHR8F+HVBKTSty be/3i24rwwy0uhdyAwLsQWOZ2N/dY66Tg0CUnYAde7aOS+KZksMQqqVA/Vs5YvUG3ceUVlrRxziCZS1BSSEheUKYEEkORrlUaDbSB4ziK1u h6O7PXa23lSB4/GlZKzmOZizvXS72MJKncwSWFqszHVqn8xxZ53qKs038sClDV7D uIe9R6QcTgLM/Xn484QmqYXqSGDE8tvbGFpCqkhRJawDitSD6udYzstPG6q8mY0 BIZharwlMxBLP2WrSvL1pC09OYMXcg1HPXo8aw8k1LEMBU0Be4 6hulLwTGd1vuaBxeLyMoh3symFj4G0XOEwIZ1UTQsA3OtaiK7+ xKylJ+oOo07OlKaXtWkMrmzCGDkMz20pBlGfsNeKWFGrAU67a+ sLiYpRfRJfV3gsrDlnWap/SNa00e0RVjxVIZ/3rDnW1d8HZU12JIa9j56E9+kSnLdQygMzu/La8IJUzFVauPR2MbRi05mGnQasbQrjUZY28msQh3NQ428XZwIE vEZQ7sac3P3EFRiwTsLa+Y3gEzEoYBxVwSz0eLl40L1yimaRrG QulJP6XqWLvR6VfaMitRP/Lm89IlKSbQIlonImgXjZmcw4yl6trVqbQymeVKApt7YQmle8TF w2kM1qvCMQCoVsR1hmdwZSQ4ZQ1y3ivwpzkBROuUXrtyeD4bGq RQHuIB9Y0moSE3DFJKdRGkyzbXaLX+0CgJj9kliTodi3rGsSEy lMkDOK5wokcqWcRV+wzhfDVKWEsQkVWXDDfqW0iGOxTkkUTYJB sBYPe2/OGDxqYpOUhLaAJAYcm+7xBPDJik5wghId1Hsi1GJvtR7jeMc8d 9BVysKpa8o5F377PXpFqlCUpyJ7WUlzq9CRQDLbnA5cxOUZSkK Bcn2LVhcgnMHAaob7EaNrSOa0Czp6iWD9rmQ1y2+op0hTEznNA E0ali38+2gcvEKbdi3W8aEklTC3utI0xn2NCYdLO/jHW/C3D3LmvLvinwmDAoquxr7aOn4ViBLQpJLVdw7uBal7xvh8mJ+N dvJxSZctLuBlzORQDY7Fq9HjhPjLGfNm5AQQlT7sSOd94seK/EpUrKmuj0Y6UOrDur0I5yesqVW5ud/PT7Rj8vyzqLxx1yrpq27Ou4pzPheFzLIZxmLlmbqHL3t+YdxUp mLFi9qsX18NoXky2u1qbVPs7xypvNJoQVg7pqHPiXZ3HqYLLIQ 7CmvMsH6OXEGQMl999wXrrcQKXlWkgGrsQGsz3tWjbxfppMZJu hYkEhLfUU6AuQz0PvyiGCl5Q4LhNCUlw7eO2usPYiWFumrMxpd jb7t7Ev7UODTIU1Fa0oGe1ofodskzTqylACwDkG5bbTesFM4pO gII8HrWMWgE5gGDU0HtvWNy19oEs7N3v0aIsVoPESVFwLuWq1O YbZ4SwuFUFqzMpwMoetQCX3vDkxPbqTlcgpoSehOlaE8+sQxaw CL1UAABu/1EdNNYJ9I9q/EpmuUhCSH1KmbvD3o0MYPh5S5YEnpEZCliZclJFKFvyLNGlY8l YKaV+k2NrHe0aNP63LlqDOHCqg3DVq/XpEp0kEIAooPYDnprB14xEwN2q/SSwYau1qwsVslgx0zuxbQ1/A74uY7ib0n8pIofVvKrRkV87FzMx7YFbEB+T39YyDwRpVYjhxA cEEPf7QBEreCKmaGBPGrNOXDKLRDh0oLUcyilISS4Dl9B3mGcN ILOBTcsLByB4Qb0GkCHJJhRJ1hvDsblu6L2FhhJWcjRj/LR0y+E4cyzmLKplYgGtqajeOTmMlmpQH70eHcPiCsgKdurWFST 3QTO2cGspSJchCSQmZNsQCWAfxJhhXxOpWHUhaQHISg8gKu+3S KjDylGaBLUBQdolgKVrZ6G0GxSZeVIC3WkqzEJu9fq1G2z3heV 0StTgyVKCRUFmN7etfGIKwyuXZrWpvsdNzFlnSAPlpYMHOtNB3 wfBIDs9NmsY5sstNJiqJOFUD9Va1FRffpDGGRa1ermocWvURaS 5afpZqVuHO43NB4coKqeKAsCaCjdz9YzudpyapWVODtsxHIaQU YhKWKn0pYttSzwGasXDKqaW7vGFZas6qGjHRuhL235RM7VaZxn E0rV/hjKAaJKnpr2jU/vEcUtVGDCj0p4+ERTgspBPaTvT0Zx++sNTpLh92oelGP42gpbD TmcDUlwQadxNCG8xAVSyHOUcn12A0BeCyl5SHU+hJdyddGPhGs Su5LXvYmv7RKJNgiWVocilyDT8Nv3xNGCyhgWdgRtsRV+kYjEs Xym7dS1mvV78oGrEgGooWpXu7/ANordVdlzLUks4y15GluXcDqIYlSVKSxDkAVJprqHpUOOUKYia GUQ7v/AOLmhc6acqQXBygFMc1OR5XOl+ducaeNsHoZPYCQWIOunKp6wa ZJBSKKYMCXD1pUbi9d4BNTkUUgkdoAAhzXR7n+I3iFO13IY95t vYCr3eCXc5GN3NJTe0zUPV9AGbbYdYFIkABlB00FKFno/MbmJYdYFRXTbx8LRKYsMCpmuVac/uYXS5jpHMwYqUClDEMWYWY7639Y1hBJSv5kwzFy2P8A2h9JYkj M4YkjS7gQqsh2ckaOdDqXFTGS2SAoaBqgVDuxFj/MXLNFqJcRXTJLQE66E3FjZ9OohPCSRXOS6mdwNC19AB6mHhM7F GuxHm76wni5hU1uzUjno/v1hzK3hIGInDMqiDU1Lk+sZERMGqg/MH7xkaLUcs9n3vEMPfxjIyKc664Qns9Zg/4vFvjUj+wJ1SWB1AzhwNoyMjO/sTnZaqw5JNB71jIyNr0Zomohrhav8Qd/oYyMhwzOJHamf7vuYjJ06D1EZGRA9jSBRP8A5+sEx1EUp20f8o 3GRxZdtYnhVEpUSXLp9YhjFVUOsZGQoL2XmK7Hj6wThv1K/wBqv+IPrGRkWfoWae0oaOumn1GDIPZV/tEbjIzvtIOCq4NQ2tf0CFs5OVyfqP8AxEZGQ56OA4qac8ypoot W3128BAZyzubfiMjI0x7FH/zcqD/7JhuSHkp/3KHnGRkbxHsp8w/3SQ5bOAz0bLZtoXxCzlBcuVKcxkZGPqKwHSe0f9qf+IiGHUShL 1on7RkZCv7Vr7Yf0f7xBOJKovofQxkZBGftXzrePoYTxCj80DR 7d7RkZG2I9tgxkZGRZP/Z
4. Maleny Wine Region, Arts and Crafts, and Tourist Drive - http://www.malenyqueensland.com/
5. Glasshouse Mountains - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/01/10.jpg
6. Mt Mee, Mt Pleasant, Beerburrum, and Glasshouse Mountains State Forests - some of the most beautiful state forests you will ever drive in (for FREE - no permits required in QLD)
7. Caloundra (primarily for beaches) - http://www.caloundratourism.com.au/
8. Samford Village (note the History - yep, James O'Hara was my Great Grandfather - no sh1t ...) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samford,_Queensland
9. Dayboro Village - http://www.dayborodistrict.com.au/
10. Oceanview - http://oceanviewestates.com.au/
11. Woodford Village - http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/destinations/brisbane/places-to-visit/woodford/index.cfm
12. Glasshouse Mountains Cafe and Lookout (if you don't want to go to the mountains themselves - yes, you can actually buy glass from them!!! It's a rock!!! lol) - http://www.glassonglasshouse.com.au/

and others on here could add plenty more ... these are just some of the things you could do whilst on the forum meetup - stay a bit longer and go to Moreton, Stradbroke and/or Fraser Islands; the Northern Coast region (Coolum, Peregian, Noosa, Tewantin, Cooloola Lakes, Rainbow Beach, etc); the Gold Coast (or 'Sydney by the Sea' as we call it); Gold Coast Hinterland (beautiful area - Mt Tamborine etc); Brisbane (Mt Coot-tha, Brisbane River Ferry Ride, Story Bridge Climb, Qld Maritime Museum, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, the Casino {my favourite - lol}, etc, etc) ....

Can't wait to see you all up here!!!!!

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 01:17 AM
Gee Bigus, with all these Patrols & there families in one spot, I hope we don't knock the planet off its axis..................hahahahahahah

The planet will just have to grin and bare it!!!! lol

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 11:22 AM
I've got another ring in (another BT50) and his family coming also ...

Up to 16 rigs and about 45 people already!!! And that doesn't include the possibles and those that have said they're in but haven't voted yet - about 5 more vehicles and 15 people ...

Gunna be HUUUUUUGGGGGE!!!!

Top effort one and all !!!

nickpeacock36
14th January 2012, 01:59 PM

Had a thought - works out cheaper (probably half the price for some), but thinking rather than camping at LCMP, how about Neerum Creek Bush Retreat?? Link below - a mate has stayed here and reckons it's great - they have hot showers, BBQ's, powered sites, etc, etc and far more central to everything than LCMP for those wanting diversity ... example 47.2 klms to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo, 70 klms to Bribie Island, 12 klms to Woodford (Beerburrum State Forest for some wheeling), 75 klms to LCMP for a day up there, 51 klms to Maleny (wine and cheese region - nice spot too); etc, etc, etc ...

Brace yourself for the scary CGI woman who talks to you!!!! LMAO ... you'll know exactly what I mean when you access a few pages on the site ...

Essentially the best of all worlds ... right on the river, still camping but not outright roughing it ....

Thoughts?? I'm going to take a run up there to meet with the managers next week and see if I can't sort out a better group rate also ...

Neurum creekis One of our regular camping venues as it is onlt a short distance. It is a nice spot and as you say, ideal for trips away (There is a winery not far that does tasting sessions and has themed food nights, so we could possibly arrange an afternoon/night there) there is also a swimming hole in the national park with rocks to jump from (Rocky Hole) 20mins away.

Bigrig
14th January 2012, 11:40 PM
Actual numbers thus far:

18 vehicles
47 people

Top effort one and all ...

I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date regarding all details etc as we go ...

Bigrig
15th January 2012, 01:17 PM
Just had a chat with the Neerum Creek people (great bunch!!) and as part of the group booking, they offer their gas fired Camp Oven which caters for up to 100 peole (it's huge) for free. Part of the package!! Additional to that, being school holidays and being a large group, he suggested (again for free) nightly movie nights for the kids as there'll be other people's kids there also, so not specifically setup for us, but means they don't have to feel obligated to go every night as it were. They will also set up the Tug'o'War in our area for the kiddies (not that the adults would use it anyway ... ahem, cough, cough ... lmao).

A few other things were discussed, but I'll leave those till I go up and see them and get it confirmed - good things ... really good things!!!!!

Trying to accomodate for everyone's tastes and likes is nigh on impossilbe, but I'll certainly do my best to ensure there is as much variety/option available to people as possible so that you can have a great holiday ...

Great to see so many people putting their hand up to volunteer equipment etc to assist anyone travelling - having spoken with 2 of them, we already have an absolute arsenal of spare camping gear!!!! So I can't iimagine anyone will be without the essentials ... the camp grounds hire equipment also (and have a shop, and a play area, etc, etc)

It's coming together well, but at the end of the day, it is only what it is through the support and attendance of the people involved - we often sprout about how we are different to other forums, family freidnly, etc, etc ... well ... time to put the money where the mouth is one and all !!!! LOL ... yep, a bit rich coming from someone now not going to the Loveday meeting, BUT I did drive a near on 2000 klm trip by myself to meetup with the Victorian meet in January - so trust me, I know it's difficult to do, but the reward is worth it!!!

Here's hoping to a fantastic trip for everyone involved!!! (yep, I know, it's 9 months away ... that's not that long ...).

big_fletch
15th January 2012, 05:17 PM
Im very interested as well guys, would love to visit LCMP and Fraser.. Have noted the date and will confirm later on.. Shouldnt be a problem though.. Looks like a top trip everyone

Fletcha

Bigrig
15th January 2012, 05:23 PM
Im very interested as well guys, would love to visit LCMP and Fraser.. Have noted the date and will confirm later on.. Shouldnt be a problem though.. Looks like a top trip everyone

Fletcha

Top stuff mate!!! That's great news!!!

AB
16th January 2012, 07:53 PM
Just a quick one if anyone knows....When you rent a 4wd do they normally provide a baby seat or is that something that I'll need to get?

Umm....Does any of the locals up there have a spare child car seat...LMAO

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 08:07 PM
Just a quick one if anyone knows....When you rent a 4wd do they normally provide a baby seat or is that something that I'll need to get?

You have to rent them .. I'd say someone will have one though ...mine are in boosters and sold the baby seats, but I'll work on getting you one to save some coin (not to mention make sure it's comfy - those hire ones are super ordinary usually!!!).

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 08:09 PM
Fingers crossed, I should have some reasonably good news tomorrow arvo regarding the trip - I'm off in the morning to go suss a few things out and meet with some people, and all going to plan, I'll post the good news later tomorrow.

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2012, 08:09 PM

I doubt it, but you could probable hire one from them......

I have a spare, if you need 2 borrow, but you will have 2 take my kids as well, can you fit 2 child seats and a booster in the back of yours?????

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2012, 08:13 PM
As long as I can stop drinking enough 2 save some money before then.......and as long as my 4 inch lift is in and engineered and maybe some gas is installed

Count me, missus and the 2 ferals in :)

AB
16th January 2012, 08:17 PM
I doubt it, but you could probable hire one from them......

I have a spare, if you need 2 borrow, but you will have 2 take my kids as well, can you fit 2 child seats and a booster in the back of yours?????

$200 a day and I'l look after the youngens mate...lol

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2012, 08:24 PM
$200 a day and I'l look after the youngens mate...lol

you can give me $200 a day 2 look after the ferals, for that i'll even let you keep the child seat *L*

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 08:46 PM
As long as I can stop drinking enough 2 save some money before then.......and as long as my 4 inch lift is in and engineered and maybe some gas is installed

Count me, missus and the 2 ferals in :)

That's awesome news fella!!! Fantastic!!!

NissanGQ4.2
16th January 2012, 09:09 PM
That's awesome news fella!!! Fantastic!!!

Working on this one mate, looking forward for a catch up :) just got 2 organize time off work. not even fussed if I don't get the lift or the gas in, I'm keen for a camping holiday up your way :):):)

AB
16th January 2012, 09:16 PM
Working on this one mate, looking forward for a catch up :) just got 2 organize time off work. not even fussed if I don't get the lift or the gas in, I'm keen for a camping holiday up your way :):):)

Don't stress mate, I'll be most likely hiring a little Jimny...LMAO

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 09:19 PM
Don't stress mate, I'll be most likely hiring a little Jimny...LMAO

Too right - there'll be plenty of trucks to ride shotgun in and truth be told, more of a holiday getaway than strict four wheeling, so the trucks will only be needed for tough stuff probably half a day in the whole week - rest is touring, beach and keys removed whilst we have a few!!

wildgu6
16th January 2012, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a cracker of a trip Scotty.....mmmmmmmmm pig on the spit Aaarrrrrgggghhh
Didnt get to parents over chrissy and theyre buggin me to get up there, so if i can jag a combined folks/forum visit to Qld, and i can sweet talk the miss's and of course the $$$$ it would be tops mate to get there. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 11:24 PM
So if the definite maybes are included, so far 24 vehicles and approx. 60 people!!!!!!

Gunna be a bottler.

Can't wait to meet these folk tomorrow to be honest and hopefully have some news that'll be pleasing to everyone I reckon!!

AB - what's the chances of 4wdtv being asked to come along for part of the even an get another plug?? Or am I being over zealous??!!! lol

Bigrig
16th January 2012, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a cracker of a trip Scotty.....mmmmmmmmm pig on the spit Aaarrrrrgggghhh
Didnt get to parents over chrissy and theyre buggin me to get up there, so if i can jag a combined folks/forum visit to Qld, and i can sweet talk the miss's and of course the $$$$ it would be tops mate to get there. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens

What can I say other than what do you want me to say to the missus???? lmao!!!!!

I figure I can't much help with the other two!!!! Maybe I could throw a word into your folks and they might solve the other two problems for you!! lol

AB
17th January 2012, 09:13 AM
So if the definite maybes are included, so far 24 vehicles and approx. 60 people!!!!!!

Gunna be a bottler.

Can't wait to meet these folk tomorrow to be honest and hopefully have some news that'll be pleasing to everyone I reckon!!

AB - what's the chances of 4wdtv being asked to come along for part of the even an get another plug?? Or am I being over zealous??!!! lol

Yeah mate, sounds good. I'll have a chat to Simon this Friday about it and see what he thinks.

Bigrig
17th January 2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah mate, sounds good. I'll have a chat to Simon this Friday about it and see what he thinks.

Sounds great ... fingers crossed!!!

AB
18th January 2012, 10:28 PM

Jeez H Scotty...lol...I just had a look at that site on this link and that scary lade scared the poopa out of me...LMAO

Bigrig
18th January 2012, 10:44 PM
Jeez H Scotty...lol...I just had a look at that site on this link and that scary lade scared the poopa out of me...LMAO

I warned you!!!! lmao

Just walked in the door after getting back from Sydney but got confirmation today of a few things I was hoping for - I'll put the information up tomorrow, but these things just might be the items that 'swing' some people's votes to go ... they're good sh!t ... promise!!!

Warnie
19th January 2012, 04:27 AM
Im so in for this trip. I will be able to assist with airport pickups and some gear as well. As well as a ride to ride shotgun in.

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 09:44 AM
Im so in for this trip. I will be able to assist with airport pickups and some gear as well. As well as a ride to ride shotgun in.

Excellent news fella!!!! Just about to go setup the laptop and start piecing together all the information I've got over the last few days - will post it up shortly.

Stay tuned - pretty exciting stuff!!!!

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 02:31 PM
OK - here goes:

Met with Neurum Creek on Tuesday and essentially it appears to be a TOP location. Very central to a lot of things (when I say central - an hour in any direction, but works well for the itinerary). I must say, John the owner is an old country boy and one of the nicest people God ever shovelled guts into. He really went out of his way to show us around and make sure it would be ideal for the group.

They have sectioned aside a part of the property they keep for Sponsored Events (video attached) - on the map, it is on the bottom left called the "Deer Paddock". Quite frankly, outside a bit more of a walk to the showers, it is probably the best camping area in the joint!! Massive flat area that would easily accomodate 50+ large campsites. In a hope to make it as attractive as possible for people, I have negotiated a slight rate decrease, and some items they are going to throw in, and some items they have cut the price on for us specifically. As follows is the email he sent me - his email in blue, and my comments after each paragraph in red:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Scott,
We look forward to hosting your family gathering for Nissanpatrol.com.au and trust you do reach your predicted 100.

You should have received the copy invoice as requested by separate mail. As with any such large event that brings over 50 people we expect to offer the organiser Free camping as we know how much work you need to put in and the costs you incur to do the running around so would do that for you if you accept (I haven't accepted as per attached invoice - this is going towards the Marquee cost leaving only $168 to cover it for the whole week!!).

I am quite happy to use our standard method of bookings which is for them to phone 1300733901 or email admin@ncbr.com.au (admin@ncbr.com.au) or go to our website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php (http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php) in all cases they must nominate they are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise our system will place them in a different area. As per Attached Invoice below - this will also include balance costs of toilets and marquee.

They are then given 3 days to confirm by paying the deposit.

We will not charge the standard $7 site fee to any families simply we will charge the standard rates of $10.50 Adult & $5.50 Kids (Note there is a small loading on the days of Sunday 30th & Monday 1st because of the Queens birthday holiday). Item 8 below and note the PAYMENTS section below with additions to cover extra costs.

The only thing for you to remember is our standard terms normally allows them to cancel up to 14 days before and get the deposit back. Therefor the accurate count may not happen until then unless you state the fact that it is absolutely non refundable then all are counted irrespective of those that decide not to turn up. I would like everyone to pay deposit by February 20th as listed below, with full amounts to be paid by June 30th - is that OK with everyone?

We spoke briefly about September traditionally being a low rain time, however we do not accept cancellations based on weather predictions. We can give you a weekly report of how many have booked, Tracey would send you an email with updates once a week.

We will supply free of charge both our commercial roaster oven & catering trailer at no cost. The pics attached were from a real event and the cook had never done it before. Items 3 & 4 below.

I haven’t got pics of the catering trailer but it is a full covered trailer with a commercial Heatlie BBQ on board with water tanks & 12 volt power.

I have sent an email to order the big marquee. My question is how do you want to handle the cost of marquee & toilets? Do you want to round up the cost and divide out by say 80 people then we add that cost to each invoice as a special event so the club doesn’t have to fund out of pocket. It would only add about $2.50 per day for each one. Item 6 below.

As mentioned we would supply a few metal wood fire BBQ’s (12) to act as fire pits and of course they can be used as bbq’s also. Item 9 below.

The area would be flagged off from other users. We have a full fenceline to put up the 10m banner also!

It will require 3 portable toilets for the week and we would arrange them with your approval. Item 2 below.

At this time how about I agree to hold the area available until 20th Feb. to allow you time to get your plans made. Or anytime earlier, it’s up to you. Please note my comments below.

When you give the go ahead we will require a deposit to be paid by each family and we will be guided by you as to when you want them to fully pay. Please note my comments below.

The cost of Marquee & toilets will be quoted at the beginning and we will require a $200 deposit with full payment 10 days prior to the event. If you charge them in the price we will cover the cost provided you end up with a minimum of 60 Adults. Item 2 below.

I trust this is enough information at this time,
Regards,
John.

PS you are welcome to talk at any time to Tracey or Colleen for updates once the ball is rolling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To break it down - an itemised list below and what I have done is add some of the additional costs to the PER PERSON pricing that is listed above - I think it still makes it very resonable and cost effective for all.

1. We have a sectioned off (HUGE) area with our own entry road right beside the creek and waterhole about 80 metres from the office and shop.

2. Toilets are provided for free if we have more than 60 people - $200 Deposit to be paid that I will sort out up front and work out with eveyone later, however I am expecting more than 60 people by the interest thus far.

3. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Roaster Camp Oven which cooks for up to 100 people

4. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) the Commercial Caterer's Trailer they have on site for Sponsorship Events - this is to assist with interstate travellers also in not having to bring camp ovens/cookers etc.

5. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 12 Fire Pits to be located throughout the camp grounds - they are awesome little units, completely self contained (like a barrel) with a flip top lid that is actually for cooking on - so they double as comfort/warmth AND a cooker!!!

6. We are getting a 27mx9m Marquee setup by them in the middle of our camping area - massive space to use as a communal area where people can setup tables in the shade, the Caterers Trailer will be parked under/beside it, and to generally sit around and chatter ($450 less my camping fees of $282 = $168 remaining across the headcount - I've added $0.50 per person per day to cover this - everyone OK with that?).

7. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) 2 large Mobile Mini Skip bins that they will collect and clear to save us having to keep separate bins/plastic bags etc, etc

8. They have waived the one-off fee of $7 per site completely - not much, but still a great show of faith and interest in having us there.

9. They will get tralier loads (over 1 tonne) of cut timber for fires and place them in the campsite for general use - $100 per trailer, probably want 3 trailers up front, so again have added $0.50 per person per day to the camp costs to cover it - Everyone OK with that?

10. They are providing (FREE OF CHARGE) movies nights for the kids (every night if we choose), games sets for the kids, Tug'o'War rope to go in our camp area, etc

Payments:

I suggest that eveyone pays directly to the park and gets their own individual invoice. I will add the costs detailed above, which makes adults $11.50 per day and kids $6.50 per day - is everyone OK with this?

I am suggesting that deposits need to be made by the 20th February (obviously others who jump on can pay after this) but at least that secures the site etc. Furthermore, I am thinking of suggesting to the owners that all balances are to be paid in full by June 30th (once again, others who join after this can still come and simply pay at that time), with the money being NON REFUNDABLE to the individuals, but going back to the forum itself to cover for some costs of other items not listed on here. Is everyone OK with that?

Basically want to get this out of the way for eveyone, however it works out extremely cost effectively when you break it down to $57.50 per adult and $32.50 per child for the whole 5 nights with camper ovens, cookers, firepits (cookers also), timber, toilets, marquee, movie nights for the kids, games, etc, etc (there are still some surprises up my sleeve!!!).

Obviously the itinerary is just a guide and I'll continue to work on that and put an update up in the coming week or so to provide as many options for people as possible - you could stick to it religiously, or you could do your own thing - entirely up to you!!

The Invoice you will receive direct from them. This is the first one, but the others will have the Marquis and Toilet costs on them itemised separately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDS6XVPLkmA

AB
19th January 2012, 03:18 PM
Sensational mate!!!! Your are one serious organiser and this will be once in a lifetime trip that's for sure!!!!

I'll present this to Simon Christie from 4WDTV tomorrow and see what he has to say!

I have one quick question. Apart from the general activities around the place the basic itinerary set out the first page is still the basic plan?

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 03:32 PM
Sensational mate!!!! Your are one serious organiser and this will be once in a lifetime trip that's for sure!!!!

I'll present this to Simon Christie from 4WDTV tomorrow and see what he has to say!

I have one quick question. Apart from the general activities around the place the basic itinerary set out the first page is still the basic plan?

Yep - I'll be adding options to it predominantly just to give people a truly "choose your own adventure" experience. With a group this size, people will want to do their own thing and simply be guided by what's on offer around the place. Plan is to have at least 2 viable and worthwhile options for each day to give people plenty of opportunity to experience the great South East.

Must say - I'm quite sincerely over the moon at how quickly this is pulling together and the fact that no-one should be left uncatered for ... having discussed it with some others, I will probably have a few more ring ins (great people) coming also, and obviously encourage others to do the same - appreciate we are a forum, but if you feel more comfortable with a circle of friends there, then go for it.

The ONLY thing that was stressed to me by John is they WILL NOT tolerate people playing up in the place (loud music, drunken behaviour affecting other campers - which shouldn't worry us as we are away from them all !!! lol - etc, etc so as per our forum motto, this is a family friendly trip - we'll all be having one or fifteen beers etc, but not at the cost of anyone elses good time - we'll police that ourselves I'm sure, and from the mulitple trips I've been to date, it shouldn't be an issue anyway, but needs to be said).

nickpeacock36
19th January 2012, 05:32 PM
Yep - I'll be adding options to it predominantly just to give people a truly "choose your own adventure" experience. With a group this size, people will want to do their own thing and simply be guided by what's on offer around the place. Plan is to have at least 2 viable and worthwhile options for each day to give people plenty of opportunity to experience the great South East.

Must say - I'm quite sincerely over the moon at how quickly this is pulling together and the fact that no-one should be left uncatered for ... having discussed it with some others, I will probably have a few more ring ins (great people) coming also, and obviously encourage others to do the same - appreciate we are a forum, but if you feel more comfortable with a circle of friends there, then go for it.

The ONLY thing that was stressed to me by John is they WILL NOT tolerate people playing up in the place (loud music, drunken behaviour affecting other campers - which shouldn't worry us as we are away from them all !!! lol - etc, etc so as per our forum motto, this is a family friendly trip - we'll all be having one or fifteen beers etc, but not at the cost of anyone elses good time - we'll police that ourselves I'm sure, and from the mulitple trips I've been to date, it shouldn't be an issue anyway, but needs to be said).

Love the new Disco Scotty, is this the Land Rover forum?

ozzyboy
19th January 2012, 05:38 PM
57 bucks... Sheesh if only you had given more notice :p

love your work mate, awesome set up going.
any help you need with this, just a stone throw away.
Is this confirmed now? I.e can we start looking at putting a deposit in?

Cheers

Ozz

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 06:28 PM
Love the new Disco Scotty, is this the Land Rover forum?

Didn't you read my thread for the sale of Tank due to 'Disco vering' a new ride?? lmao

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 06:30 PM
57 bucks... Sheesh if only you had given more notice :p

love your work mate, awesome set up going.
any help you need with this, just a stone throw away.
Is this confirmed now? I.e can we start looking at putting a deposit in?

Cheers

Ozz

I'll confirm the details post the weekend when everyone's had the chance to view, and pretty much from Monday next week, deposit away!!

Thanks for offer of assistance too mate - might take you up on it at some stage!!

GUtsy ute
19th January 2012, 06:59 PM
Top job Scotty,
That all looks and sounds awesome.
A big thank you for all you've done so far and X2 on any help needed.

Place looks fantastic!!

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 08:05 PM
Top job Scotty,
That all looks and sounds awesome.
A big thank you for all you've done so far and X2 on any help needed.

Place looks fantastic!!

Thanks mate. Again, greatly appreciated. Just hope we get plenty of people ... a fair few haven't voted as yet, but have chatted via text etc with a few of them, and all more than likely in (those I've chatted to) ... sorry if I forget some:

Yendor
04OFF
Ryan
Peacemaker
Ben-e-boy
Finly
Silver
MQMad
Frenzy
Steve67au
Hekarewe
Random

Etc etc from the south east region - not to mention multitudes from down south!!

Gunna be a corker!!!

frenzy
19th January 2012, 10:11 PM
Rightio. We're in. What a crowd!
Top idea mate.

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 10:16 PM
Rightio. We're in. What a crowd!
Top idea mate.

Getting bigger and better by the minute!!!! Awesome to hear mate!!!

Maxhead
19th January 2012, 10:23 PM
Hey Scotty, was there a date set yet????

Bigrig
19th January 2012, 11:07 PM
Hey Scotty, was there a date set yet????

A few of us will be getting there on Sunday 30th September, but the 'official' date we were working on is Monday 1st October to Friday 5th October.

Sincerely hope you can make it mate!!

Maxhead
20th January 2012, 08:23 AM
A few of us will be getting there on Sunday 30th September, but the 'official' date we were working on is Monday 1st October to Friday 5th October.

Sincerely hope you can make it mate!!

As we'll be doing a 3 month trip I'm going to try and plan to be there. It sort of works as we'll be making our way home from the tip around mid September so we'll try and make it mate.

Bigrig
20th January 2012, 09:00 AM
As we'll be doing a 3 month trip I'm going to try and plan to be there. It sort of works as we'll be making our way home from the tip around mid September so we'll try and make it mate.

That'd be outstanding mate!!!

Bigrig
20th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Further to AB's meeting with Simon from 4WDTV today, it is all but confirmed that they too will be attending the forum meetup with their cameramen etc and filming a segment for the show on us specifically as a forum, what it is we get up to, the setup, people's rigs, camp setups, etc, etc, etc ... very exciting stuff!!!! This is a major drawcard for both new members looking to join the forum, and existing members (as well as new I guess!! lol) that are thinking about coming along to the gathering. Great exposure and not something that they normally do, so they certainly feel we are worth the trip - now it's up to all of us to get as many along as possible!!!! Family, friends (sociable ones!!! lmao), and of course plenty more members.

Top job AB and if this doesn't end up being one of the biggest and best 'individual/single' meetup of any online 4WD forum in Australia, then I'd be surprised!! I know there are other gatherings, but usually multiple clubs/forums to get these sorts of numbers and interest. Just another reason why we are fast becoming the 'forum of choice' when it comes to all things Nissan Patrol and the great outdoors.

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2012, 08:21 PM
Top work AB and Scottie,

Great work 2 Scottie on the orginising the meet up

Maxhead
20th January 2012, 08:22 PM
Well, well, well/ I'll be.... This is sensational news boys and well bloody done. I now have to make sure I can make it ....Well done once again!!!!!

AB
20th January 2012, 08:43 PM
Well, well, well/ I'll be.... This is sensational news boys and well bloody done. I now have to make sure I can make it ....Well done once again!!!!!

Honestly mate It's getting pretty exciting. I'm driving Bluey up now as this will honestly be a once in a lifetime event for everyone.

Bring it on!

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Honestly mate It's getting pretty exciting. I'm driving Bluey up now as this will honestly be a once in a lifetime event for everyone.

Bring it on!

Mate, just buy a portable dvd for the young one, and if that doesn't work don't worry, you won't be the only one dealing with screaming kids. I'm thinking of driving up and sending the kids up on a plane

Maxhead
20th January 2012, 08:56 PM

Bring it on!

I tell you what, if I plan my trip right we will be there with bells on.......Should be a pearler

AB
20th January 2012, 09:00 PM
Mate, just buy a portable dvd for the young one, and if that doesn't work don't worry, you won't be the only one dealing with screaming kids. I'm thinking of driving up and sending the kids up on a plane

Funny stuff, thats exactly what my misses said. We have to buy one of those portable DVD players with the wiggles on repeat for 21 hours straight.

Fruit salad Yummy Yummy is going to be permanently embedded in my head....LMAO

MudDonk
20th January 2012, 09:12 PM
Funny stuff, thats exactly what my misses said. We have to buy one of those portable DVD players with the wiggles on repeat for 21 hours straight.

LMAO AB i feel ya pain my daughter is wiggles obssessed :P, get em some earphones mate reckon be worth there weight in gold on the way up lol.

Awesome job scotty AB you guys have done us all proud, cant wait to meet up with everyone gonne be a massive week :D

AB
20th January 2012, 09:34 PM
LMAO AB i feel ya pain my daughter is wiggles obssessed :P, get em some earphones mate reckon be worth there weight in gold on the way up lol.

Awesome job scotty AB you guys have done us all proud, cant wait to meet up with everyone gonne be a massive week :D

Mate, you know your a father when you read the paper to find out Greg is coming back to the Wiggles and you start getting excited because Sam just didn't cut it.

WTF has happened to my life...LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

growler2058
20th January 2012, 09:35 PM
Mate, you know your a father when you read the paper to find out Greg is coming back to the Wiggles and you start getting excited because Sam just didn't cut it.

Maaate your lil ones only two how the hell do you know the ol wiggles, are you a closet wiggler hahahahahahahaaha

belzi82
20th January 2012, 09:49 PM
Don't think I will be able to make it guys. I am planning to go O/S around that time!

Dhuck
20th January 2012, 09:51 PM
Bonus. Well done AB and Scotty

AB
20th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Well put in for leave today so when it's approved I'll confirm with a vote in the affirmative. Amazing work you've done scotty this is certainly gonna be an amazing trip! And AB you are the mover and shaker of the forum world mate! Absolutely unbelievable your string pulling skills are.

At this very early stage my plan is to leave on Saturday 29th September and arrive Monday 1st October. A week at the park doing day trips then I'd like to head up to Fraser Island for some beach driving, fishing, R&R. Been up on the bike back in the 90's but looking forward to the ease and comfort of doing it in the trol this time.

Starting to get excited fellas! How many sleeps left??

Shame you can't make it Bel!!!!!!!

Plassy, I was thinking of leaving Saturday morning at sparrows, staying the night around Newcastle area and arriving Sunday evening.

What was your plan with Monday arrival?

Stopping south of Sydney first on Saturday afternoon?

I would be keen to convoy up if your happy with that. I can give you my daughter and the baby seat for some company for a few hours too...LMAO

Yendor
20th January 2012, 10:12 PM

Nooooooo..............

I have done that trip before, Brisbane to Melbourne with the Wiggles playing the whole time (well what seemed the whole time).

It wasn't a DVD player back then, but a CD.

I can tell you, I am now all Wiggled out.

If fact, when I hear a Wiggles song, I have this strong desire to start smashing my head against a wall.

Good luck with it AB.........you will never be sane again. lol

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2012, 10:15 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

AB
20th January 2012, 10:17 PM
At this stage I haven't thought about where I'll be stopping along the way, but wasn't planning on boiling my billy getting there. Just cruise up and arrive happy and rested, not burnt out and shagged. I'll have a look at the maps and check it out but I'll be looking at bush camping along the way, not moteling it. Your family may not be into that I presume?

I will be taking the camper I think mate so bushing it up indeed to save $$$. We'll chat more about it later.

Good luck with it AB.........you will never be sane again. lol

Classic mate, yeah I can't wait either!

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2012, 10:18 PM
Shame you can't make it Bel!!!!!!!

Plassy, I was thinking of leaving Saturday morning at sparrows, staying the night around Newcastle area and arriving Sunday evening.

What was your plan with Monday arrival?

Stopping south of Sydney first on Saturday afternoon?

I would be keen to convoy up if your happy with that. I can give you my daughter and the baby seat for some company for a few hours too...LMAO

I will take your one for my 2, done deal?

Bigrig
20th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Well, well, well .... Shaping up to be a pearler indeed!!!

On tapatalk, so haven't seen the poll - are you in Rodney??

I think hekarewe is pretty keen as well, and would assume Steve (04OFF) would be there in some capacity also.

That still leaves a bunch in the south east area!!!! C'mon lads and ladettes, jump on board for what is bound to be an awesome time!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
20th January 2012, 10:40 PM

I think hekarewe is pretty keen as well, and would assume Steve (04OFF) would be there in some capacity also.

That still leaves a bunch in the south east area!!!! C'mon lads and ladettes, jump on board for what is bound to be an awesome time!!!!

Pretty much 100% for me Scottie, just need 2 work out how long its going 2 take 2 get there and then I shall put in for hols :) might drive the toyota up though as its more economical.

Bigrig
20th January 2012, 10:55 PM
Pretty much 100% for me Scottie, just need 2 work out how long its going 2 take 2 get there and then I shall put in for hols :) might drive the toyota up though as its more economical.

Awesome mate ... Well, everything except the Toyota bit!!! lmao

Yendor
20th January 2012, 11:00 PM

I'm have limited internet access at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread.

So I'm not even sure where it is, but if I can work the dates around my work.

Then you bet, I will be there.

Bigrig
20th January 2012, 11:11 PM
I'm have limited internet access at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread.

So I'm not even sure where it is, but if I can work the dates around my work.

Then you bet, I will be there.

Hope it works out mate for work etc!!!

Warnie
21st January 2012, 08:19 AM
For the boys driving up from down south the Newell highway or the New England are much faster than going all the way to sydney and then up the Pacific Highway. Not to mention the number of 80km/h zones through there due to roadworks. Just something to think about, unless you wanna check out what coastal NSW has to offer of the way.

AB
21st January 2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks Warnie, yep that's the way to go all right. Have been discussing the itinerary with AB and at this very early stage plan to stop at Weddell Mountains NP (Grenfell NSW) and Mt Kaputar NP (Narrabri NSW) on our way up. Stopping in these locations breaks the trip up into family managable portions of 3 x approx 8 hour days.

Thanks Warnie!

Yeah Plassy I reckon we lock that in mate. Any other Victorians are welcome to join our convoy too.

Silver
23rd January 2012, 12:12 AM
what are the dates Scott?

Bigrig
23rd January 2012, 04:36 AM
what are the dates Scott?

October 1st to 5th mate

Bigrig
23rd January 2012, 05:20 PM
Had a chat to a few people yesterday and they came up with, what I think, is a superb idea and subsequently I'm seeking your thoughts.

We're planning on two communal dinners using the monster camp oven on the Monday and the Friday, and the thinking is we organise a chef to cook for us and supply the food from totally local produce. I'll suss out pricing but reckon it'll end up being something like $5-$6 per head for a full banquet feed (multiple meats, vege's, etc, etc).

This saves people packing 5 nights worth of dinners, let's everyone relax whilst someone else cooks for us, and probably will work out cheaper for most than sorting your own food for those nights.

Thoughts?

Me personally - I think it's an awesome idea ... just another 'holiday touch' to make it that much more attractive for everyone, but obviously open for discussion.

AB
23rd January 2012, 07:04 PM
Can we keep that guy there from Breakfast, lunch and tea for the 5 days...LMAO

Perfect mate, communal dinners work out ten times cheaper for all of us, top idea in my books!

NissanGQ4.2
23rd January 2012, 07:15 PM
Can we keep that guy there fro Breakfast, lunch and tea for the 5 days...LMAO

Perfect mate, communal dinners work out ten times cheaper for all of us, top idea in my books!

x 2 :), but can he baby sit my kids 2 during the day????????

macca86
25th January 2012, 11:10 AM
do it who wants to cook all week with so much activities

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 12:01 PM
Awesome - so general consensus thus far is to go for it with a chef - I will suss out some pricing today.

macca86
25th January 2012, 12:03 PM
gives more fridge and esky space for beer

AB
25th January 2012, 12:03 PM
C'mon folks, we need more people. I promised 4WDTV we will have 100+ people and just guessing we only have 60 or so.

Get your ugly mug and your rig on TV and meet some great people!

Don't be shy and jump on the fun wagon!!!!

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 12:14 PM
C'mon folks, we need more people. I promised 4WDTV we will have 100+ people and just guessing we only have 60 or so.

Top call mate - id encourage people to bring along another family member and/or friend each to ensure you can both mingle with the forum members, but have some quality time with your own family and friends also.

It's going to be HUGE so please give it serious consideration early - a lot of effort is going in to make this a special event for everyone (not just a typical "4wd all week" event by any stretch), so your patronage ensures its success!!!

My estimate thus far is around 72 people IF all the definite maybes are in ... so it's a large meet in its own right already, but the area we have could easily accommodate 150-200 people (around 50-60 large camp sites), so take a chance and you never know, it might just prove to be the most awesomeness time you've had on a getaway!!! lol

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 12:21 PM
And to add yet another possibility - I'm pricing up/organising to have a company come up on one of the days with those big fake sumo suits for the adults to have a go at - if you've never done this before, they are a supremely immense giggle!!!

Should have the big whacking stick thing also - you know, padded stick at both ends, standing up on padded platforms and trying to knock the other competitor off ... like that old tv show whose name escapes me at the moment ... 'it's a knockout' style of thing.

Figured we should have some "big kids" games also for laughs!!

Thoughts??

macca86
25th January 2012, 12:25 PM
http://www.bigfun.com.au/ is who I used pretty good with service

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.bigfun.com.au/ is who I used pretty good with service

Thanks champion!!!

td42dan
25th January 2012, 12:52 PM
can anyone tell me where the meet up is what date and how far from brisbane to location thanks.

taslucas
25th January 2012, 01:01 PM

Yep no worries......I'll be there...... if I can bill the boat trip out to patrol forum.com lol

taslucas
25th January 2012, 01:03 PM
And to add yet another possibility - I'm pricing up/organising to have a company come up on one of the days with those big fake sumo suits for the adults to have a go at - if you've never done this before, they are a supremely immense giggle!!!

Should have the big whacking stick thing also - you know, padded stick at both ends, standing up on padded platforms and trying to knock the other competitor off ... like that old tv show whose name escapes me at the moment ... 'it's a knockout' style of thing.

Figured we should have some "big kids" games also for laughs!!

Thoughts??

Was it called GLADIATORS!

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 02:08 PM
can anyone tell me where the meet up is what date and how far from brisbane to location thanks.

All the info is on the first post mate - trying to update it as much as possible to keep it in one place for people.

That said - Monday 1st October to Saturday 6th October (5 nights). Neurum Creek is about 70klms north of Brisbane.

Hope you can make it!!!

Yendor
25th January 2012, 06:57 PM
Lock me in Eddie...er Scotty.

Just had a chance to go through the whole thread and you have truly outdone yourself organising this.

Top job mate.

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 09:22 PM
Lock me in Eddie...er Scotty.

Just had a chance to go through the whole thread and you have truly outdone yourself organising this.

Top job mate.

Excellent news mate!! And thanks for the kind words, but proof will be on the day so to speak! I'm doing what I can though ...

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Counting the 'definite maybes' ( ahem, no pressure!! lol), we're up to approx 80 people and 27 vehicles!!

TOP EFFORT EVERYONE - KEEP EM COMING!!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2012, 10:55 PM
Sorry I can't make it now.................................I'm still lost..............................not sure if I will get my bearings correct before the 1st of October *L*

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry I can't make it now.................................I'm still lost..............................not sure if I will get my bearings correct before the 1st of October *L*

I'll send you a google map to upload!!! lmao

GUtsy ute
25th January 2012, 10:56 PM
Don't tell me you're knocking back all those bourbons you've been promised!!LOL

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 10:57 PM
Don't tell me you're knocking back all those bourbons you've been promised!!LOL

That'll get him back in, no doubt!!! lol

GUtsy ute
25th January 2012, 10:58 PM
That'll get him back in, no doubt!!! lol

Hope so!!!

NissanGQ4.2
25th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Hope so!!!

Did someone say bourbon????? *L*

Putting in for my holidays on Friday, should be ok, have already spoken 2 my manager but just have not handed in my holiday leave form. Got 2 be quick at my place of employment, They can't have more than one person take holidays at the same time ( within the same job description ).

Just sussing out the cost 2 hire a camping trailer, might be better 2 hire one than just taking the tent.

Might be a silly question but I assume camping trailers are ok at the camp site considering it is so big?????

Bigrig
25th January 2012, 11:27 PM
Did someone say bourbon????? *L*

Putting in for my holidays on Friday, should be ok, have already spoken 2 my manager but just have not handed in my holiday leave form. Got 2 be quick at my place of employment, They can't have more than one person take holidays at the same time ( within the same job description ).

Just sussing out the cost 2 hire a camping trailer, might be better 2 hire one than just taking the tent.

Might be a silly question but I assume camping trailers are ok at the camp site considering it is so big?????

Campers are fine mate.

Glad you're sorting it - it'll be awesome!!!

Bigrig
26th January 2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah i'm a definate maybe still. Leave form has been submitted but not returned yet. As soon as its approved i'll confirm on the poll. And if its not approved.....well......i can feel a real bad cold coming on......should hit early october by the feel of it. Lmao

Hahaha ... yep, start of the flu season about then I reckon!!! lmao

Bigrig
27th January 2012, 12:27 PM
Confirmed at last!! See yas up there!

As big kev would say - I'm excited!

Ohhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Awesome news mate!!!!

Bigrig
27th January 2012, 12:43 PM
First post updated also, however, could I ask that eveyone who's going/pretty sure they're going, shoot me an email so I can coordinate this with you via your address - many people who are dedicated members etc don't get on here a lot, so figured email would be the best method of update. Let me know your forum alias and real first name so I can add it to the list.

My email address:

bigrig@nissanpatrol.com.au (bigrig@nissanpatrol.com.au)

Fairly easy to remember!! lol

macca
27th January 2012, 12:54 PM
Let me know your forum alias and real first name so I can add it to the list.

Done thanks mate

Bigrig
27th January 2012, 01:19 PM
Howdy

below hopefully give a better idea of the size of the area we have allocated to us. On the second photo, I have cut and copied the owners house (large 4 bedroom Queenslander) onto the area to give some perspective of size - fits their house in on the flat section 27 times with plenty of space in between ... bloody big area!!!! There is also a section surrounded by yellow outline that is the part leading down to the creek that you can see on the vide - no good for caravans and campers, but definitely able to get tent sites down there also ...

Hope this helps ...

Swampy
29th January 2012, 05:58 PM
We are in for sure, (2 adults and 4 kids) u have picked an awesome spot Scotty, also we are available to go up on the Sunday to give u a hand to set up. We won't have much room in the car for extras but have plenty of child labour at your disposal lol.

Bigrig
29th January 2012, 06:26 PM
We are in for sure, (2 adults and 4 kids) u have picked an awesome spot Scotty, also we are available to go up on the Sunday to give u a hand to set up. We won't have much room in the car for extras but have plenty of child labour at your disposal lol.

Hahaha ... top stuff champion - thanks for the offer also, definitely will not be knocking back any offer of assistance to get things sorted prior so will let you know the details as time progresses.

NissanGQ4.2
29th January 2012, 07:16 PM
have plenty of child minding skills @ your disposal.

Done deal, book another 2 kids in *LMAO*

04OFF
30th January 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi big fella !

I just wondered if you could please put the date/s for this trip on the first page, and the park address right at the top (in red or something), make it much easier to see at a "glance" if its something people can attend or not ?

:cheers:

Bigrig
30th January 2012, 08:34 PM
Hi big fella !

I just wondered if you could please put the date/s for this trip on the first page, and the park address right at the top (in red or something), make it much easier to see at a "glance" if its something people can attend or not ?

:cheers:

Thanks mate and done!!!

NissanGQ4.2
30th January 2012, 09:47 PM
Holidays approved..... I think.......not that we actually get told if they are approved, I just take them anyway *L*

have booked from the 28th of Sep till the 9th of Oct,

now I just need 2 save a sh!t load of money 2 pay for my thirsty 4.2.

We give you a quick ring during the week

Bigrig
30th January 2012, 09:58 PM
Holidays approved..... I think.......not that we actually get told if they are approved, I just take them anyway *L*

have booked from the 28th of Sep till the 9th of Oct,

now I just need 2 save a sh!t load of money 2 pay for my thirsty 4.2.

We give you a quick ring during the week

Top news mate!!

Chat to you when you call.

Bigrig
31st January 2012, 08:33 PM
I've updated the first post with this information also as 'UPDATE NUMBER 4'

Ok - as per below please start to make contact with the retreat and pay deposits/full amounts etc. Details as follows:

Phone 1300733901

OR

email admin@ncbr.com.au (admin@ncbr.com.au)

OR

go to the website booking page http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php (http://www.ncbr.com.au/pricingpage.php)

In all cases you MUST nominate you are part of Nissanpatrol.com.au otherwise their system will place you in a different area.

You will receive an individual invoice as per the one attached below in this post. Deposits are to be made by the 20th February if possible, with all outstanding monies to be paid by June 30th (hopefully more than enough time for everyone). There'll obviously be those joining in post the 20th February, so obviously just pay as you confirm you are going - I have just informed them they'd start receiving payments, and essentially trying to put a date on it to make sure everyone gives it some attention (and they don't think I'm the only one coming!!! lmao).

NissanGQ4.2
31st January 2012, 08:49 PM
Answer ur phone!!!

NissanGQ4.2
31st January 2012, 09:14 PM
Change my Poll 2..... YES Count me in.......... Just booked online, waiting 2 hear back from them so i can pay deposit :):):)

Bigrig
31st January 2012, 09:21 PM
Change my Poll 2..... YES Count me in.......... Just booked online, waiting 2 hear back from them so i can pay deposit :):):)

No worries mate - going to remove the poll in the coming days and change it anyway to let people vote again and with different options (numbers attending, number of vehicles in their group, yes to first night dinner, yes to last night dinner, etc, etc, etc).

NissanGQ4.2
4th February 2012, 01:49 PM
Deposit paid the other day :) bring on QLD...........should i bring my 4b or a boat?????????

growler2058
4th February 2012, 03:49 PM
Im out now guys.....from definate maybe to most likely not:-( just couldnt resist cheap flights to Thailand for a month in July:-). So unless the 1 in a gazillion chance of a lotto win comes up im afraid ill have to read all about it on the forum. Maybe next year

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Im out now guys.....from definate maybe to most likely not:-( just couldnt resist cheap flights to Thailand for a month in July:-). So unless the 1 in a gazillion chance of a lotto win comes up im afraid ill have to read all about it on the forum. Maybe next year

Yeah, nice effort ..... lol

You'll be sorry (said like Bugs Bunny of course)!!!!

Yendor
4th February 2012, 03:58 PM
Deposit paid the other day :) bring on QLD...........should i bring my 4b or a boat?????????

Bring the 4b.........we'll be in drought by then......lol

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 04:00 PM
Bring the 4b.........we'll be in drought by then......lol

Hahaha ... how true that could be!!!

growler2058
4th February 2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, nice effort ..... lol

You'll be sorry (said like Bugs Bunny of course)!!!!

I know i know but one week away v's 4 for not much more $'s, the financial controller wins again :-)

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 09:03 PM
I know i know but one week away v's 4 for not much more $'s, the financial controller wins again :-)

Stop it big boy - the trip might be the same cost, but you'll spend a truck once there!!! Poor form .... poor form indeed!!!! lmao

By the way, 3kgs gone this week!!! Hahaha ... yeah baby!!!!

growler2058
4th February 2012, 09:07 PM
Stop it big boy - the trip might be the same cost, but you'll spend a truck once there!!! Poor form .... poor form indeed!!!! lmao

By the way, 3kgs gone this week!!! Hahaha ... yeah baby!!!!

Slow n steady wins the race.

And dollar cocktails ill be right:-)

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 09:09 PM
Slow n steady wins the race.

And dollar cocktails ill be right:-)

Hahaha ... fair enough too old mate!!!

growler2058
4th February 2012, 09:17 PM
Hahaha ... fair enough too old mate!!!

Oh yeh dont forget your meant ta stand on the scales with both feet hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Bigrig
5th February 2012, 06:58 PM
Bump for new members and a reminder for others.

Been getting a heap of emails come through and many have started organising or have paid for the deposit, which is awesome. The first post on the thread has all the details to date.

Got the pricing back for Sumo suits also - yep, we'll be doing that!!! lmao - should be a giggle!!!

Remember, the more people the merrier, so don't forget to tell family and friends if you wish. Confirmed is around 23 vehicles and about 55-60 people, so it's going to be big, but we would love more (especially with 4WDTV covering it also).

I'll update the first post with a bit more info this week also. The idea (for example) of getting a discount from the pub in Woodford for our beer, wine, spirits, etc as a group (buy individually but have a discount card or something for that week) was a bloody good one, so I'm hitting them up early this week - same for the "organic" butcher in town (my mate lives in Woodford and that butcher is dead set one of the best I've ever been to - good pricing, and awesome produce).

Get on board people!!!! It's gunna be HUUUUUUGGGGGGE!!!!!

rottodiver
5th February 2012, 09:58 PM
i reckon there is a gooooood chance i will be able to do the drive over to this one.... the dates look pretty good.... cant commit right this second though and i really have to concentrate on my simpson crossing in july..... would it be too late if my final decision was made in say August????

Scotty

Bigrig
5th February 2012, 10:05 PM
i reckon there is a gooooood chance i will be able to do the drive over to this one.... the dates look pretty good.... cant commit right this second though and i really have to concentrate on my simpson crossing in july..... would it be too late if my final decision was made in say August????

Scotty

No drama at all mate - fully appreciate we'll have people signing up all the way through to it (and probably some showing up out of the blue!!), so no worries at all on working it out later. Obviously trying to get everyone sorted early in the piece, but so long as the greater majority who are definites have sorted their deposits etc, then it's all locked in either way.

Top stuff mate and certainly hope you can make it!!!

NissanGQ4.2
5th February 2012, 10:17 PM
Got the pricing back for Sumo suits also - yep, we'll be doing that!!! lmao - should be a giggle!!!

Could we forgo the Sumo suits and get naked female jelly wrestling or even better still naked female bartenders 2 pour my bourbons. Think this idea would make heapz better 4WDTV coverage :)

nickpeacock36
8th February 2012, 08:26 PM
Did you put me on the defo going list Scotty? cause i am you know, oh yeah, you just try and stop me. I will get on and pay the deposit pronto matey.:thumbup:

Bigrig
8th February 2012, 08:50 PM
Did you put me on the defo going list Scotty? cause i am you know, oh yeah, you just try and stop me. I will get on and pay the deposit pronto matey.:thumbup:

Outstanding mate - I'll need to change the poll, but it will be more towards "who's paid" than who's coming - it'll still give the same answer I guess, but with more commitment if the dollars have been handed over!!

Thanks again mate - should be a bottler!!!

nickpeacock36
8th February 2012, 09:09 PM
i'll try to sort it out tomorrow.

Bigrig
8th February 2012, 09:20 PM
i'll try to sort it out tomorrow.

Sweeeeeeet!!!!!

Bigrig
8th February 2012, 10:18 PM
Just putting it out there, but whats everyone's thoughts on a 'trivia night' on night two (Tuesday) of the trip? Pretty easy to organise, and generally pretty good fun (I'll make sure the questions are for fun, and wide ranging).

Got so many ideas for this trip ... my head hurts!!!! lol

NissanGQ4.2
8th February 2012, 10:22 PM
Just putting it out there, but whats everyone's thoughts on a 'trivia night' on night two (Tuesday) of the trip? Pretty easy to organise, and generally pretty good fun (I'll make sure the questions are for fun, and wide ranging).

Got so many ideas for this trip ... my head hurts!!!! lol

I'm not into trivia nights, makes me think..... which in turn makes my head hurt, how about naked female jelly wrestlers and naked female bartenders 2 pour my bourbons :)

But I'm not fussed as long as I have a bourbon in my hand :)

Bigrig
8th February 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm not into trivia nights, makes me think..... which in turn makes my head hurt, how about naked female jelly wrestlers and naked female bartenders 2 pour my bourbons :)

But I'm not fussed as long as I have a bourbon in my hand :)

Just so we're clear - no naked anything, no jelly wrestling, no one serving you drinks other than your left and right hands ...

You'll just have sit there and look pretty (with a bourbon) whilst the questions are being asked!!! lol

Sooooo .... trivia night? Good, bad or indifferent??

DX grunt
9th February 2012, 12:26 AM
Just so we're clear - no naked anything,

Damn. That means I'm not invited. hahahaha

Bigrig
9th February 2012, 01:23 AM
Damn. That means I'm not invited. hahahaha

You actually sound disappointed mate??!!! lmao

Mal H
9th February 2012, 08:39 AM
By BigRig"Sooooo .... trivia night? Good, bad or indifferent??"[/QUOTE]

Good! Thanks Tony Barber.

AB
9th February 2012, 09:05 AM
Sounds good mate, I'll be in that. separate teams by their vehicles and we can make fun of each other whilst we're at it...lol

AB
9th February 2012, 04:07 PM
Just paid up and booked it in....Don't forget to pay folks so you can ensure you are booked into the spot.

I didn't know you can take dogs too but I can't be bothered taking my two yappers....LMAO...Into the kennels they go!!!

Bigrig
9th February 2012, 07:23 PM
Just paid up and booked it in....Don't forget to pay folks so you can ensure you are booked into the spot.

I didn't know you can take dogs too but I can't be bothered taking my two yappers....LMAO...Into the kennels they go!!!

Good stuff mate! I'll check with them on Monday for numbers thus far...

Thirsty
9th February 2012, 10:58 PM
I'm There....

Cheers

Bigrig
9th February 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm There....

Cheers

Awesome news Troy!!! Sent you another PM

Mal H
10th February 2012, 11:25 AM
Deposit paid, can't wait!