PDA

View Full Version : Wirering connection on a GQ

ipatrol26
12th January 2012, 02:51 PM
Hello guys, as some of you might know I have an SD33 non turbo into a GQ body already installed and everything but as you all know the sd33 doesnīt have that much wirering to do so I decided to do it my self (some of you might think I am crazy but now the I have a new child I need to cut down on things) and besides I like the challenge and always like to learn new things. All I need is to connect it so it can start with the key as well as all the lights and functions work again but I would like if possible a simple way of connecting the alternator,starter and battery so that I can turn it using the key.

Stupid but its just a question if someone can help me besides saying "take it to a electrician" because I donīt have the money right now.

thanks.

Yendor
12th January 2012, 05:30 PM
OK, this sounds like a challenge.

All your lights (such as headlights) all the body electrics like interior fan, wipers should still work.

Are you using the old TD42 engine harness?

The first thing you need to do is connected the main battery earth to the engine block, also make sure there is an earth wire going to the body (inner guard).

Next, connect the main battery cable to the starter motor, at this stage don't connect the battery.

Now you need to find the other wire a Black with a Yellow stripe wire that went to the old GQ starter, this wire will need to be connected to the small terminal on the solenoid of SD33 starter motor, you may need to change the connector.

What alternator are you using? what are the connection on the back of the alternator is it "L" ,"S" and B+. Does the old TD42 harness now reach the alternator?

It may help to post up some pictures.

Cheers Rodney

MudRunnerTD
12th January 2012, 05:41 PM
I'm Glad your here Yendor, your very generous with your time mate, well done and cheers to you.