PDA

View Full Version : Monto Tyre Service......... 2 thumbs up!

Peacemaker
6th January 2012, 11:58 PM
Well myself the missus and my daughter are away on a bit of a touring/camping holiday and we just did the bundy coast to 1770....... That's for another story.... 2 thumbs down! Any way we headed from Agnes waters around 1pm and took the Miriam vale rout then out through kalpowar to Monto on our way to cania guorge. Around 15k from kalpowar on the dirt road we revived our first flat tyre, tore the side wall due to a small stump on the side of the road pulling over for a nature stop. Then 7k's from kalpowar driving along there was the familiar sound of another punchered tyre....., bugger! Any way after finding the hole and trying to fill it with 3 ARB plugs wondered what we were going to go next.... 1st passer by pulled up and took the other 1/2 to the nearest ph as there was no mobile coverage. 2.5 hrs later RACQ to the rescue and inflated the tire. Now to the point of the story...... 6pm on a Friday arvo we arrived in Monto. We pull in the only servo with air, and noticed the plugs were leaking. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Monto Tyre center, the door still open. We headed over just to arrange 2 replacement's for tomorrow but didn't expect what happened next. They had no new tyres in my size but quickly found 2 out back to get me by and then turned on the compressor, opened the work shop door( after offering me a coldie) and we proceeded to fit them then and there. I had no intention of getting them to do it at 6:15pm on a Friday but they were only to keen to help. $40 later with 2 legal 2nd hand tyres fitted were sitting at the Albert hotell having an outstanding meal and a cold one with the lovley people from Monto Tyre center( the parents). So if ya ever in Monto and need some rubber for ya truck, drop in, have a yarn to the guys and girl and they will give you not only a great price but that good old country hospitality.

Woof
7th January 2012, 12:38 AM
It is always great to hear stories like this mate, thanks for sharing it with us

Maxhead
7th January 2012, 09:21 AM
Good story mate, there are genuine people still out there not just after to rip you off.

patch697
7th January 2012, 09:21 AM
How bloody good is that......... So good to hear theres still good old fashioned country hospitality to be found.

Top read mate.