PDA

View Full Version : Power steering blues! 89 gq!

dillan89gq
5th January 2012, 01:10 PM
So realized I was low on power steering fluid, topped her up, started, drove, discovered leakage, can't work out where from, looks like the pressure hose but not pissing out just dripping, a) how much to replace hoses, b) how hard to replace hoses, c) where do I get them? Thanks to anyone who can give me any answers!
Cheers,
Dillan

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2012, 01:37 PM
think it was my high pressure that went on me a while ago and off the top of my head pretty sure it cost around 200 bucks supply / fit and the came 2 me.

Someone like Pirtek (http://www.pirtek.com.au/)or Enzed (http://www.enzed.com.au/) will be able to replace them.

Not sure about doing it yourself, I can't remember why I didn't do mine myself, but I'm sure there was a good reason ( like was 2 hard of a job )

Cheers

Todd

HippoNZ
5th January 2012, 04:46 PM
on the top where the hoses are bolted, take the bolts out and make sure you have the washers/gasket sitting there, it has it's own carved out spot for where they should sit. If they are there, check there condition. I had a similar problem and I had them in the wrong place which = oil dripping out and slight spray when the pump kicked in.

Robo
7th January 2012, 10:37 AM
get yourself a copie of nissan fast, this lists most nissans, its the system your spare parts guy uses, its incomplete not the full part numbers but, has good schamatics of every componite available and where they fit.
This is a realy helpfull tool of how they go together before it's pulled apart or what could be needed to do the job etc.
happy travels

Silver
7th January 2012, 12:11 PM
mine leaked around the hosed done up with hose clamps - mechanic mate nipped them all up for me, and suggested top up with Lucas Power Steering fluid. Seems to have worked for those leaks

gq4200
9th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Very common to need replacing.. I bought a new one from Nissan was about $170 from memory, or take your old one into pirtek and they can replace the rubber sections.