PDA

View Full Version : Audio HELP

rottodiver
5th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Hey guys....
this stems back to my trip away where my alternator needed replacing and the one i was given shorted my 100 amp fuse... now i am homw with new alternator i cant get power to my stereo for some reason... i pulled out the multimeter and removed the fuse for "audio" under the bonnet and i am not getting any voltage in the fuse holder at all... the rest of the voltage holders in this bank of them is ok!!!! i cant pull the entire wiring out far enough to see under it, is there anything (ie fuses, relays) before this fuse or is straight from the battery(which i believe it is).
Thanks heaps

Scotty

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2012, 01:27 PM
Gday Scotty, not that I can really understand wiring diagrams and don't have a GU 2 have a look, but looking at the wiring diagram in the manual I don't believe there is another fuse / relay before the fuse holder.

did you test the wire just before the fuse holder itself, I dare say it hasn't burnt the connection at the holder itself but I have seen it happen.

Sorry couldn't be of more assistance

Cheers

Todd

rottodiver
5th January 2012, 01:46 PM
ok i have managed to pull the fuse block out(don't really know what it is called) and the metal bar that connects all the fuses to 100 amp fuse does not do the audio one!!! it has a larger red wire that connects to one side of the fuse that comes from "somewhere" in the wiring harness?? next questions is where does it come from, it looks like it comes from the in cab fuse panel, they all look good, is it one of the 3 relays in there that are not marked(so i dont know what they are(they are blue)..
Help would still be appreciated please!!

Scotty

rottodiver
5th January 2012, 02:37 PM
ok.... sorry for wasting everyones time and especially yours Todd..... after pulling half the car apart today , stereo out last night.. the amps..the whole works i have found the problem!!! idiot me put the 40 amp fuse back in the abs slot and not the f/l battery slot when i checked all the fuses after blowing the 100 amp fuse!!! so obviously as i didnt run the stereo till i put a new alternator in the problem only arose yesterday!!!!
oh well i learnt quite a bit today on how the electrics all work in the car and what feeds what...

but the joke is on me :(

Scotty

p.s it seems the only thing that 40 amp batt fuse seems to run is the stereo as everything else worked fine!!!!

Clunk
5th January 2012, 02:42 PM
ok.... sorry for wasting everyones time and especially yours Todd..... after pulling half the car apart today , stereo out last night.. the amps..the whole works i have found the problem!!! idiot me put the 40 amp fuse back in the abs slot and not the f/l battery slot when i checked all the fuses after blowing the 100 amp fuse!!! so obviously as i didnt run the stereo till i put a new alternator in the problem only arose yesterday!!!!
oh well i learnt quite a bit today on how the electrics all work in the car and what feeds what...

but the joke is on me :(

Scotty

p.s it seems the only thing that 40 amp batt fuse seems to run is the stereo as everything else worked fine!!!!

well how does the expression go!!????........... "we learn from other peoples mistakes"..... or something along those lines!!!! lol

rottodiver
5th January 2012, 02:44 PM
well how does the expression go!!????........... "we learn from other peoples mistakes"..... or something along those lines!!!! lol

well if that is the case i will make you guys into geniuses!!!!

Scotty

Clunk
5th January 2012, 02:45 PM
well if that is the case i will make you guys into geniuses!!!!

Scotty

just wait until I start doing bits n bobs to mine................ there'll be mistakes galore no doubt!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Didn't waste my time Scotty, I was quite happy sitting here drinking beer trying 2 help sort other peoples problems. At least they weren't mine :) not to say my GQ doesn't have problems that need sorting out :(

Glad you got it all sorted mate