PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Guage working Intermittently

Darian
3rd January 2012, 09:04 AM
G'day All,

My Temperature Gauge is not working for most of the time. It cuts in and out but for the main is mostly not working.

Could it be a dodgy sender, the wiring, air in the system (but it appears okay), the gauge itself of does the instrument panel have a wiring / earting problem.

As always, any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

With Thanks,

Darian.

AB
4th January 2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Darian, hopefully one of our eleccys can help you shortly mate!

Darian
4th January 2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks AB,

I was beginning to think I scared everyone off!!

Given the hot weather that we've had here in Adelaide (although cooler now) and that I run the A/C most of the time it would be good to have an idea just how it's running. It doesn't work for the majority of the time, but when it does cut in the temp seems fine according to the gauge (you just have to be looking at it at the exact right time it decides to work). It, of course, will be good when the gauge works properly. Like most drivers, I check all the guages constantly, and it annoys me when things don't work properly or as they should.

Cheers,

Darian.

iht2670
17th February 2012, 11:05 PM
Check top of sender it has a terminal that is attached by what looks like a rivet sometimes this is loose ? try to solder it or replace sender ?

Steve.

97_gq_lwb
18th February 2012, 12:20 AM
I had a similar issue on one wriggle the plug on the sender and have someone inside the car watching the gauge was how i found it had a bad connection on the sender end.