PDA

View Full Version : Where To Find A Rear SwayBar? gq 91model

myaccount69
2nd September 2010, 01:54 PM
Where Can i find a rear sway bar in brissy
and is it illeagal to not have one?

patch697
2nd September 2010, 02:37 PM
G/day & welcome to the forum. There is a member here with GQ parts for sale, you might want to try your luck there....Link Below.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?651-Wrecking-2xgq-patrols-cruiser-parts-TD42-Turbo-Engine-for-sale-and-a-reco-td42

If you don't have any luck there post back here & we will see what we can do to help.

Cheers Paul

YNOT
2nd September 2010, 07:45 PM
There are plenty of Patrols in wrecking yards around Brisbane, finding a sway bar shouldn't be difficult. Are you north or south side?

It is illegal to remove a sway bar from a vehicle that left the factory with one fitted.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
2nd September 2010, 09:55 PM
my 6 inch lift was illegal when i had it in, just need to find yourself a dodgy mechanic. Shit do i need to put my rear swaybar back in??? Anyhows here is a Quote from some one that was working on the 4wd legislation for the RTA of NSW " there is no data to proof raised vehicles are more likely to roll over than a standard vehicle" " 4wd owners actually know what there vehicle is capable of than standard height vehicle drivers" these are words from a non 4wd owner. He said it was a pedestrian safety wanker that was trying to push for laws governing vehicle height!

Finly Owner
2nd September 2010, 10:21 PM
Hi and welcome Myaccount69.State rules are just that. Each state has different rules. BUT THE BASIC NATIONAL ACCEPTED RULE IS IF CHANGED FROM ORIGINAL IT NEEDS MOD TAG. You can get vehicle registered then make it illegal and get away with it until roadside machinery inspection catches you. Are the fines and points worth it?

If on southside you'll get great help from Bega Rd Wrecking ph:3208 5466, ask for Steve and mention Red MK from this forum.