PDA

View Full Version : Coffin Bay national park

gu radelaide
1st January 2012, 05:58 PM
one of the best trips ive done by far is coffin bay national park only 4 wheelers can reach the best camp sites, calmest bluest water in the bay safe 4 swimming KG whiting everywhere , roaring southern ocean other side of the dunes salmon fishing ,dune driving , just great fun alround can highly recomend. and its not far from lincoln nat park which is nearly as good ( has better views )

Silver
1st January 2012, 06:05 PM
we get nice oysters up here that are marketed as coming from Coffin Bay. Yum

Sir Roofy
1st January 2012, 06:20 PM
Sounds nice mate any pics

growler2058
1st January 2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds bloody brilliant!! Will look into a trip

wildgu6
2nd January 2012, 12:12 PM
we get nice oysters up here that are marketed as coming from Coffin Bay. Yum

Top ouysters from coffin bay, some of the best in Oz, got 4d in the freezer right now.

wildgu6
2nd January 2012, 12:14 PM
Sounds bloody brilliant!! Will look into a trip

X2 mate, great area down Yorkes way. the beaches are crystal clear

Silver
2nd January 2012, 01:13 PM
Top ouysters from coffin bay, some of the best in Oz, got 4d in the freezer right now.

Does free2ing them limit serving options to killers or mornays, or are they ok natural?

wildgu6
21st January 2012, 08:20 AM
Does free2ing them limit serving options to killers or mornays, or are they ok natural?

Sorry for late reply,
Natural is the only way to eat em,
From freezer put into bucket or sink of water for about 1/2hr or so, they will start to open by themselves, grab a shucking knife and into em, quick rinse to rid grit, a few drops of red wine vinegar and a bit of wasabi and down the hatch. Just like fresh natural ouysters.
NOTE: they must be fresh ouysters.
We get direct from coffin bay through a friend.
Never tried pre packed ones.

snicko
21st January 2012, 11:01 PM
Can't eat oysters raw!! Ugh...Cooked with bacon are the way for me. Our son worked on an oyster lease for a while and we always had oysters in the fridge!!

Coffin Bay National Park is in our back yard and have had may great drives and relaxing camping there so if any one is coming over let me know as I would love to show you around.

wildgu6
22nd January 2012, 11:30 PM
Coffin Bay National Park is in our back yard and have had may great drives and relaxing camping there so if any one is coming over let me know as I would love to show you around.

Might have to take you up on that one day Snicko, jetski's welcome i hope.

snicko
25th January 2012, 08:31 PM
Might have to take you up on that one day Snicko, jetski's welcome i hope.

Jetskiing at Coffins is awsome when the weather is good. Some of the pics in my jetski thread are taken there.

You are most welcome with your jetski!! Would be a blast. See you soon???