PDA

View Full Version : Edwards reef cemerty

chester
1st January 2012, 09:28 AM
Went up to Edwards reef cemerty located on Donnelly's crk trk on friday.
Went up with my old man,took a couple of brush cutter's and cleaned up around the graves.
Gunna go back up in a couple of month's and do it agian.

Was in the old boy's 80 series so did,nt do much 4wding just came back along Donnelly's crk trk,then stopped at the Tombon pub to see if the guy that own's it was there,then on to Aberfeldy,back over the dam wall and home.

growler2058
1st January 2012, 10:09 AM
Good job Chester good to see the history being looked after

Sir Roofy
1st January 2012, 03:21 PM
excellent mate good pics

nowoolies
1st January 2012, 03:39 PM
ripper piccies mate
got any info on this site
who were they ect, if you know please

the ferret
1st January 2012, 03:47 PM
ripper piccies mate
who were they ect, if you know please

Have a look around here paul, a bit of info.
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/AUS-VIC-GOLDFIELDS/1999-10/0939731890
Cheers, the ferret.

chester
2nd January 2012, 11:23 AM
ripper piccies mate
who were they ect, if you know pleaseNot real sure who or how many are buried there.

All the headstone's except for one was made from wood,they all got burnt along with the records in a bush fire, i think it was the 1939 one's.

The only headstone left is the one in the pic,the name is Christine Shaw aged 86,died in the late 1800's.
After the last fire's went through there,the DSE and vic 4wd club went up and marked what they belived were graves.Some im not sure about but with no records it's hard to say.

In the link that Ferret put up it make's mention of a road being dozed in,that did happen how it happened is the dozer driver and his spotter got a bit of course when they were put in the new end of Donnelly's crk trk.
It was'nt till they were through the middle of the cemerty that the spotter said to the dozer driver that he could'nt find any markers,it was then they saw the grave and realised where they were and did a hard right back to where they are supposed to be.

So there may be(most likely) graves under the road.

Im gunna try to find more info on it,and let you all know what i find out.