PDA

View Full Version : New Member ;)

Orch
1st September 2010, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Well for the last few weeks I have been lurking on quite a few forums and tbh this is the first place I have posted because I need 2 posts to see attachments! In reality I probably should post to intro myself and begin to get to know people but I have just been a filthy keyboard jockey and not really done much...

So why am I here? Well about a month ago now I came to the realisation that it was time for action rather than words. I have wanted to travel for quite some time and due to some health related reason am stuck in australia... at first this bothered me, then I realised that Australia is actually a beautiful country that I have always wanted to explore!

With my initial lurkings and research I found that there are really only two car choices for touring, the Patrol and the LandCruiser. Given that I have quite a tight budget to not only buy a vehicle but also live (fuel efficiency) I found that the 2.8L turbo diesel (maybe 3L depending on research I find about the early model grenades) would probably suit my needs best. So here I am, at a Patrol forum talking to people about patrols and my travel plans...

Ill add more later, ill answer just about any questions and Ill try to lurk less :)

Orch.

Finly Owner
1st September 2010, 10:52 PM
Welcome Orch. Some patrols for sale here. Plenty of advice and friendly bunch. Enjoy and definately po the Troll

Orch
1st September 2010, 11:09 PM
yeah I only just found this site, looks like some really good info so far though...

patch697
2nd September 2010, 05:35 AM
yeah I only just found this site, looks like some really good info so far though...

Welcome Orch, Yeah plenty of good info on here mate & plenty of good ppl here who are more than willing to help when the info runs out so feel free to join in.

Cheers
Paul

RustyNails
2nd September 2010, 11:19 AM
Welcome along

Paul

AB
2nd September 2010, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Orch,

Very wise decision so feel free to ask questions you may have.

Maxhead
2nd September 2010, 06:17 PM
Welcome Orch, can't go wrong with the Patrol mate

DX grunt
4th September 2010, 12:49 AM
Welcome Orch.

Wot part of OZ u from?

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
4th September 2010, 09:19 PM