PDA

View Full Version : Load rating for gq rims

Robo
29th December 2011, 12:05 PM
Hi guys.

Does any one have specs for the load rating of rims for GQ and or Maverick Lwb?.
Looking at buying new rims and want to know correct load rating, can't seem to find it in manuals or on exsisting rims.
And is there any difference in load rating for steel v alloy?.
:smile:

Clunk
29th December 2011, 01:26 PM
sorry mate I'm not sure, I always thought the load rating was on the tyre not the rim!!!!????...................... anyone else know?

MudDonk
29th December 2011, 01:55 PM
robo what rim size mate? there is a difference between 15,16,17 if you take you rig on heavy offroad work as opposed to touring would recommend 16/17 inch steel rims, alloy still strong but do get knocked round a fair bit. Also depends if they are mags on the design, how many spokes ect.

Robo
29th December 2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys.
Yes tyres are load rated, rims also, problem is retaliers only want to sell what they have in stock and I've been looking at rims and most of what they tell me fit, look either old school or should be on my 18 yr old sons 4 pot bling machine.
There is some nice rims out there but trying to find out if they comply is a pain
,ie only what we have in stock.
I remember seeing stamped something like 880kg on my other cars rims, and had the salesmen telling me have to check load rating.
Looking for stock rolling dia 16" and mild width 7" as its a rd going tow machine
Cheers

Robo
30th December 2011, 11:44 PM
Check out artical, Wheel sizing on Wikipedia.
Doesn't give the answere, but usefull.
But does shed some light on the nissan steering death wobble problem.