PDA

View Full Version : who would dare follow hekarewe????

hekarewe
26th December 2011, 04:00 PM
After getting some feed back from a couple of 4wding groups here in brisvagus,,, i have finally made the level one decission too,,,,,,,,, wait for it,,,,,, put on a trip down into nsw blue mountains taking in the Newns, Janolan SF also Mt Walker and maybe time permitting finishing the trip with a the caves to caves run across the back of the blue mountain NP.

i am thinking that we can use the long weekend in june to do this as it will give you Qlders the added fun of possibly doing some snow and ice driving as well maybe even camping in the snow. :tease:

for this to work for us, and so i only have to do this once i will need EVERYONE to be ok with me bring together 3 different groups with only 4wding and camping in common. the groups would be the SE Qld forum (Deeerrrrr) and river city 4wd club and off the black 4wd club out of syd. why the sydney club you ask???? because they will help with guiding as there would have been one or two chances in the tracks since i last drove themand also they are a great bunch of guys and love their 4wding

rough plan would be to leave bris after work on the start of the long weekend head down the new england hway and meet at a place called blue hills farm stay the following afternoon and use their facilities as a base camp for the first half of the trip. their location is with in half hours drive of the SF's and Mt walker i will over the next few weeks speak to rod at blue hills and see what he can do for us

what i need from everyone,,, is feed back on thoughts of doing this combine with the two other groups and also do want to camp at a farm stay with 4wd trails track and amenities or bush camp with no amenities?????

i am thinking 7 to 10 days should be enough to this the tracks i am thinking of doing will vary from c right through to a grade and maybe above depending on the weather!! so let me know your thoughs

just add this on here this is where i was thinking of putting us into as a base camp,,, there is nothing on the web site about camping but i am sure i can arrange it as i have camped there before with Off the black club there are also cabin if anyone wants them and they would be first in first served

http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm

quick up date this trip has been moved forward to easter weekend because of other commitments in june new date will be 6 april @ blue hills arriving back in brisbane on the 15 april hope these dates work for people

NissanGQ4.2
26th December 2011, 04:23 PM
Mate your the one putting on the trip, take what ever groups you want.........I might even join in for this one :)

Camping in the snow.......cold....very cold..... I hate the cold....... :)

hekarewe
26th December 2011, 05:12 PM
Mate your the one putting on the trip, take what ever groups you want.........I might even join in for this one :)

it only that simple if everyone is prepared to get along with everyone and being as this could end up being a huge turn out,,,,,, i want everyone come away from it with a strong positive experence thats why i am being cautious about this asking everyone if i did not care then i would just nominate people that i wanted to go.. (not sure if that came out right???? LOL) but you should get the drift

hekarewe
26th December 2011, 05:34 PM
just add this on here this is where i was thinking of putting us into as a base camp,,, there is nothing on the web site about camping but i am sure i can arrange it as i have camped there before with Off the black club there are also cabin if anyone wants them and they would be first in first served

http://www.bluehillsfarmretreat.com.au/features.htm

NissanGQ4.2
26th December 2011, 06:13 PM
The Farm sounds good if you can camp there. Should include Coxs river camp ground in the trip, that's if its still open then. Very nice spot

hekarewe
26th December 2011, 06:27 PM
The Farm sounds good if you can camp there. Should include Coxs river camp ground in the trip, that's if its still open then. Very nice spot

unfortunatly coxs river camp ground hass now been fenced of for back packers only thanks to the bitch in the echo lodge next door bitchin

NissanGQ4.2
26th December 2011, 06:58 PM
unfortunatly coxs river camp ground hass now been fenced of for back packers only thanks to the bitch in the echo lodge next door bitchin

You can currently still drive 2 the camp site, but can't park in the campsite itself due 2 the fences that were set up.

hekarewe
26th December 2011, 07:14 PM
You can currently still drive 2 the camp site, but can't park in the campsite itself due 2 the fences that were set up.

not much good when pulling a camper
might do as a day visit from the farm

Oversize
28th December 2011, 06:28 AM

I live in the cold, love the cold, but camp in it... Nu!

hekarewe
31st December 2011, 03:48 PM
righty ho guys back from broomes head so lets give this a bump and see who is interested,,,,,, i need to get an idea of who wants to go on this trip as there will be some organising involved with accomidation etc so please let me know who is on for this as i need to talk to blue hills about mid jan to let them if this is on or not.

hekarewe
5th January 2012, 05:41 PM
ok people i am hoping eveyones back on deck i will bump this agian over the next couple of weeks so everyone sees it attached is a rough inttinerary for the week and the dates i can do it on once i get numbers i will put in for leave and bobs your uncle we are away for a cold ass week of fun high jinks .

DATE ITTINARY
8/06/2012 Dept brisbane after work and drive as far as possible

9/06/2012 arrive at blue hills farm stay set up camp and have a meet and greet evening in the big shed

10/06/2012 take group up into newns state forest and then devide into hard core 4wding and soft driving soft group to visit lost city black fellow hands and glow worm tunnels etc. hard drivers to do B and A gade tracks in the newns sf

11/06/2012 spanish steps for everyone this is a do able track for eveyone and well worth the time and effort

12/06/2012 jenolan Sf travelling through little valley via BASTARD hill and coxs river tracks in this area are C to B with bastard hill being A this hill can be by passed for those who don’t want top tempt fate

13/06/2012 Mt Walker and Lake Lyle bring your snorkles as I have been told that the river crossing in this area has come right up at the moment tracks in this area are B to A with chicken tracks

14/06/2012 bluehills to yerranderrie via kangarra walls and komung river

15/06/2012 Yerranderie to mittagong via wombyan caves

16/06/2012 depart for brisbane

17/06/2012 arr back in brisbane

please ignore the above interrary as the dates have been changed to run from 05 april to 15 april new program as attached

DATE ITINERARY
5/04/2012 Thursday • Dept. Brisbane after work and drive to Armidale NSW. (Due to differing work commitments, it is suggested that travel to Armidale by individual arrangement)
• You will need to make your own arrangements for accommodation at Armidale.
Approx. 5.5hrs driving
6/04/2012 Friday • Meet Caltex service station on the New England Highway at entrance to the Armidale airport (this is the southern side of town on the by-pass) at 0700 SHARP as we have a long day ahead
• Departure for Blue Hills 07:15 SHARP!!!
• Travel in convoy, arriving at Blue Hills farm stay late afternoon.
• Set up camp, meet and greet evening in the big shed
Approx. 7 to 8 hours driving
7/04/2012 Saturday • Depart 09:00 for Mt Walker area - this is quiet steep with some deep river crossings. Snorkels would be an advantage, however not essential. (OTB 4wd was there late 2011 and noted that Snorkels were advantageous).
• Photo op. at Mt Walker, as views from the top are amazing
• Full day - take a packed lunch and water
8/04/2012 Sunday • Possible Easter Egg Hunt and visit from Easter Bunny (to be confirmed with OTB)
• 11:00am – depart for Spanish Steps (Variety of tracks for drivers of levels of experience)
• All vehicles must take their own drinking water
9/04/2012 Monday • Depart 09:00 – Newnes State Forest. Full day drive including Lost City, Black Fellow Hands, and (time permitting) Glow Worm Tunnel. NOTE - Glow Worm Tunnel is dependent on weather (the Glow Worms do not glow all year round).
• Drinking water and food for full day will be required.
10/04/2012 Tuesday

OVERNIGHT CAMP AT YERRANDERIE • Depart 08:00 sharp - Blue Hills to Yerranderrie via Kangarra Walls and Kowmung River.
• Morning tea at Kangarra Walls. Photo op., and walk to Walls for those interested.
• Molong fire trail and Molong creek (will provide good indication of depth of Kowmung River).
• Molong Creek to Kowmung Fire Trail, and return to Yerranderie mid to late afternoon.
11/04/2012 Wednesday

OVERNIGHT STAY IN MITTAGONG • Depart 08:00 sharp. Yerranderie to Mittagong via Wombean caves. Short visit to Yerranderrie Ghost Town.
• Depart Yerranderrie by 0930 – Yerranderie to Wombean Caves.
• Lunch at Wombean Caves.
• Depart Wombean Caves for Mittagong where we stop for the night (we can either pay for accommodation or if you brave enough travel south to home of the back packer murders Belangalo State Forest and bush camp for free)
12/04/2012 Thursday

Suggested / Optional Activities Rest Day
• Opportunity to visit Belangalo Memorial (for the victims of the Belangalo murders)
• Easy drive around the small SF for those interested.
• Southern Highlands Wineries
13/04/2012 Friday Official departure for return to Brisbane – either in Convoy, or as individuals.
14/04/2012 Saturday Arrive Brisbane
15/04/2012 Sunday “Clean-up” / “get ready for work” day yuk!!!

hekarewe
5th January 2012, 06:02 PM
part of the hills to NO WHERE last time i was there it was a B+ to A depending on the weather

hekarewe
5th January 2012, 06:06 PM
a few pics of flex hill to temp you all

hekarewe
5th January 2012, 06:44 PM
couple more to temp you

hekarewe
7th January 2012, 09:52 PM
just giving it a bump

taslucas
7th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Ya got me tempted, nice looking tracks but im unfortunately a few states away......and the Q's in at the mechanics lol.... one day!

Bigrig
8th January 2012, 10:04 AM
I'd say a no for us mate - having just gotten back last night from three weeks away, the trip at the end o the month coming up, the trip in early March and then being away at Easter, I reckon I'll have sweet FA chance of gaining another week or mores leave only 2 months after that ...

Would love to though as I reckon it'd be a cracker trip!!

hekarewe
8th January 2012, 01:11 PM
I'd say a no for us mate - having just gotten back last night from three weeks away, the trip at the end o the month coming up, the trip in early March and then being away at Easter, I reckon I'll have sweet FA chance of gaining another week or mores leave only 2 months after that ...

Would love to though as I reckon it'd be a cracker trip!!

danny will be most disapointed LOL oh well will just have hold your end up with my truck LOL

hekarewe
8th January 2012, 01:17 PM
a few pics of flex hill to temp you all

all of the attached pics are a between 3 or years old so these tracks could have improved or gotten worse over time and there is a high volume of bikes and 4wd on these tracks so there is no knowing what conditions we will hit in the end oh the ainticipation LOL

hekarewe
9th January 2012, 09:57 PM
jjust going to bump this again and had a sudjestion from the sydney club who would be hostung (guiding) us down there would easter be better for everyone rather then june long weekend?????

feed back guys feed back

nickpeacock36
10th January 2012, 08:18 AM
put me down as very interested, sounds like a great trip.

hekarewe
10th January 2012, 10:26 PM
put me down as very interested, sounds like a great trip.

will keep you posted on the details pal and yes it will be a good trip

hekarewe
12th January 2012, 11:28 PM
quick up date this trip has been moved forward to easter weekend because of other commitments in june new date will be 6 april @ blue hills arriving back in brisbane on the 15 april hope these dates work for people

hekarewe
18th February 2012, 08:29 PM
hi guys one more bump for this one looking for number and confirmation of numbers ASAP so i can let blue hills know how many sites we need this will be a huge week with some awsume driving and touring in it to suit all standards of driving come along you wont regret it.

let me know numbers via email thebeastmaster63@bigpond.com