PDA

View Full Version : Rockhampton Australia day meet up

macca86
25th December 2011, 09:26 PM
Hey guys putting it out there for an Australia day meet up with families and fellow patrol lovers. I'm new to the area so it's open for disscusion as to where we drive and set up for a bbq lunch. hope to hear all your suggestions and get out there.

macca86
2nd January 2012, 06:52 PM
bump guys looking for a good family friendly day out

philfree
2nd January 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi i would be interested if a few go a nice drive would be good

macca86
2nd January 2012, 08:49 PM
great to hear if we can get a few cars together we should go for a drive and bbq but if lack of interest might go to landcruiser park and meet up with the S.E.Q. group

sr06
9th January 2012, 05:25 PM
yah i'd be keen sorry i took so long macca couldn't find the thread

macca86
9th January 2012, 06:20 PM
good to hear from you. I'm thinking beach run sandy point or 5 rocks. Keeping in mind it'll be busy so early start maybe to beat the rush. Then set up have a fish and bbq or have a play at q mag then head to the beach. As i-ve said i'm new and open to ideas. There are the only places i know. In the mean time happy motoring

sr06
10th January 2012, 04:03 PM
yah sounds good haven't taken the trol up there yet and having a play would be good for the older kids

Dark 1
11th January 2012, 12:43 AM
good to hear from you. I'm thinking beach run sandy point or 5 rocks. Keeping in mind it'll be busy so early start maybe to beat the rush. Then set up have a fish and bbq or have a play at q mag then head to the beach. As i-ve said i'm new and open to ideas. There are the only places i know. In the mean time happy motoring
I'm doing a run to byfeild that weekend camping at waterpark creek for 3 nights so could probably meet up if ya keen. We will be there on thusday arvy.

macca86
11th January 2012, 05:38 PM
Sounds good guys doe's anyone with more local knowlage have any other ideas?

sr06
12th January 2012, 07:21 PM
i've got a mate who know's where the track is up the range but think it's more just a 4wd track not really much more could

macca86
12th January 2012, 08:03 PM
i've got a mate who know's where the track is up the range but think it's more just a 4wd track not really much more could

keep me posted always keen to seen new places. could always do the trip and head to a park or something for the kids. It's just me and my missus if she comes up from brisbane. might be able to rope in my room mates and their mate who has a patrol and a couple of lads from work

sr06
14th January 2012, 09:53 PM
more the merry but 5 rocks is still tempting anymore idea's

macca86
15th January 2012, 09:22 AM
more the merry but 5 rocks is still tempting anymore idea's

Seems to be a winner check tide times and how early departure time? I'm north rocky frenchville meet up and convoy? I have a uhf so can meet up introduce everyone and head out. if tides don't suit travel eary have a play at qmag then head to the beach.
I'd imagine it'll be packed and heaps of bogged cars on the hill climb to 5 rocks so might be a day of recovery or patience if so sandy point may be the go.

sr06
15th January 2012, 11:05 AM
Seems to be a winner check tide times and how early departure time? I'm north rocky frenchville meet up and convoy? I have a uhf so can meet up introduce everyone and head out. if tides don't suit travel eary have a play at qmag then head to the beach.
I'd imagine it'll be packed and heaps of bogged cars on the hill climb to 5 rocks so might be a day of recovery or patience if so sandy point may be the go.

sounds good i'm out parkurst and don't have a uhf yet and i'm going up the rocks this weekend after i get hiched hoping the track isn't to bad hope the trol will out do the hilux lol so i'll let you know how the track is and yah there mite be a fair few up there

macca86
15th January 2012, 08:15 PM
sounds good i'm out parkurst and don't have a uhf yet and i'm going up the rocks this weekend after i get hiched hoping the track isn't to bad hope the trol will out do the hilux lol so i'll let you know how the track is and yah there mite be a fair few up there

I'm working at parkhurst and live 10 mins away. 5 Rocks let your tyres down to 15 psi and there will be a sharp right hand corner and then start of a hill climb and a track to left and right stay right and give her plenty around the corner and up the hill low 3rd rev the tits off her and keep the pedal down till the top. with the rain should be easy but on hot days sand is so soft and track is rutted bad and wombat holes you flex up nicely

macca86
15th January 2012, 11:06 PM
I'm not pulling out just yet but my rig has suffered a mischief. I think I have done my turbo in. do you know of any good mechanics here in rocky? getting it looked at this week depending on finance and if it's fixed will depend on if I can make it. will keep you posted in the mean time

sr06
22nd January 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm working at parkhurst and live 10 mins away. 5 Rocks let your tyres down to 15 psi and there will be a sharp right hand corner and then start of a hill climb and a track to left and right stay right and give her plenty around the corner and up the hill low 3rd rev the tits off her and keep the pedal down till the top. with the rain should be easy but on hot days sand is so soft and track is rutted bad and wombat holes you flex up nicely

got back last night dropped the tyres down to 20 rear 18 front 1st gear 2wd made it half way up big sandy had to stop car coming down put it in high 4wd to start moving again then back into 2wd for the rest of the trip on the way out 5 cars stuck on the hill i drove in 2wd had to crack up go the trol. P.S. around 30- 40 cars up there P platers driving and drinking like retarts almost had 2 head on's just after leaving the 4wd turn off wasn't happy

macca86
22nd January 2012, 07:15 PM
Turbo is blown and can't get her fixed till march so I'm out for the trip. the sand must have been hard it you could do it in 2wd had it rained or heaps of traffic?

sr06
22nd January 2012, 09:19 PM
Turbo is blown and can't get her fixed till march so I'm out for the trip. the sand must have been hard it you could do it in 2wd had it rained or heaps of traffic?

it had rain the last 2 nights down there and a lot of cars but seen atleast 7 others having ago with no luck i have heard of aleast 2 other people making it up in 2wd but they were comp crusier and i mite be out aswell my wife mite have to work i'll ask my mate tommorw about a turbo place for you

macca86
22nd January 2012, 09:38 PM
it had rain the last 2 nights down there and a lot of cars but seen atleast 7 others having ago with no luck i have heard of aleast 2 other people making it up in 2wd but they were comp crusier and i mite be out aswell my wife mite have to work i'll ask my mate tommorw about a turbo place for you

thanks I keep getting quoted about 2500 to fix it. after it'd fixed could always go for a drive or come to the queensland meet up near the sunshine coast and landcruiser park

sr06
22nd January 2012, 11:10 PM
thanks I keep getting quoted about 2500 to fix it. after it'd fixed could always go for a drive or come to the queensland meet up near the sunshine coast and landcruiser park

ouch that sucks sorry to hear yah we'll tee something up

sr06
24th January 2012, 05:24 PM
hay macca have you talked to the bloke at prodyno on 49272112 my mate said there good don't know 1st hand

Hunty
24th January 2012, 07:07 PM
id try swaffie first

macca86
25th January 2012, 11:16 AM
thanks guy I'll look them up today