PDA

View Full Version : Harls 2000 GUII

harls
31st August 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi all,
Here is a couple of picks of my truck.
Only had her 17 days, so needless to say she still is stock except for a home made catch can a water trap / glass filter bowl installed before the primary diesel filter and boost gauge.
All being well I'll be installing a second hand uhf in on the weekend if i can work out how to wire it up, as there was no instructions with it, but hey it was free from my neighbor.

AB
31st August 2010, 09:46 PM
Very nice Harls, if you get stuck wiring it up just give us a hoy.

patch697
31st August 2010, 09:53 PM
Its not a big job Harls & like AB said. if you get stuck just check in here & someone will help you.

Nice Rig BTW.... Looks well looked after.

Cheers
Paul

Finly Owner
31st August 2010, 10:06 PM
Hi all,
Here is a couple of picks of my truck.
Only had her 17 days, so needless to say she still is stock except for a home made catch can a water trap / glass filter bowl installed before the primary diesel filter and boost gauge.
All being well I'll be installing a second hand uhf in on the weekend if i can work out how to wire it up, as there was no instructions with it, but hey it was free from my neighbor.

Harls wiring UHF are fairly easy. Main thing I was told by old timer and have always done since, Fuse both + & - wires to reduce risk of any shorts feeding back through the set. It's upto whether to feed from battery or power source contorl by ignition switch. You should have a plug that fits rear or set with 2 wires, 1 red + & 1 black -. If not you should be able to get this from dick smith still. Then there's the coax cable, hoefully you got that to. The plug end goes in set and the other to outside to fit aerial to. The base mount (you should get with aerial) needs to be mounted so as to not allow any part bar the earth shield and earth contact plate to touch metal unless it's rubber or plastic. The coax has 4 layers; outer case, earth sheath, insulation, and copper core. the sheath needs to be soldered to a small ring crimp terminal as to allow it to be screwed to earth plate. The plate must make good contact to meatal that has good earth to vehicle . Test this with test light from point being used to + on battery.

Hope this helps have gone in depth as unsure of your knowledge base.

harls
1st September 2010, 07:36 PM
Cheers AB, Tony & Finly much appreciated.
Only problem with the unit that I have is that it has a 6 pin plug on the back of the unit. I opened it up hoping for a wiring diagram but not luck. The unit is a TX700 from memory ( I gave it to a mate who is a little more tech minded with electronics than myself to see if he could work it out.) The unit has a base set and a dash mount display, which connect via a flat pin plug. on the back of the base unit the six pins comprise of the following colours Red ( assuming this is positive power ) Black (assuming this is negative power) then green blue brown and white from memory. I am assuming that the blue and brown are positive and negative power supply for head unit, green is an earth and white is a speaker?? The only thing that i could find inside was a fuse rated at 10amps/250 volts. Any thoughts or would it be better to post a few pics of the unit tomorrow night??

Finly Owner
1st September 2010, 09:52 PM
look up the brand under its makers web site and diagrams should be available online.

harls
1st September 2010, 09:55 PM
No worries, will give it a shot.
Cheers finly

harls
15th September 2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Finly,
No love with the UHF. let the smoke out of it. lol oops.
http://http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa464/harls78/dsc_0055.jpg

harls
15th September 2010, 08:54 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa464/harls78/dsc_0055.jpg

didn't realise that the soils round here were clay based.. guess this is what happens when you add about 200mm of rain in and 8 week period, you get a slop pit..

DX grunt
15th September 2010, 09:04 PM
Nice Rig, Harls.

Nothing wrong with a stockie. Almost got one myself. Cheesecutters suit my style of driving, too.

Don't forget to update us.

Take care out there.

DX grunt

Woof
15th September 2010, 10:12 PM
Very nice Patrol there mate, don't you just love mud, I could play in it all year round.

patch697
15th September 2010, 10:36 PM
Very nice Patrol there mate, don't you just love mud, I could play in it all year round.

lolololol..........Me too..............lololol

Russell1974
15th September 2010, 11:57 PM
lolololol..........Me too..............lololol

Nice bus you have there always good fun in the mud even my cleaning procedure is good fun as well

harls
1st October 2010, 09:03 PM
Hows this for a score,
mate of mine is selling his ute and offered me his driving lights at no charge, needless to say they were removed from his ute and now sit nicely on my bull bar.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa464/harls78/30092010086.jpg (http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa464/harls78/30092010086.jpg)