PDA

View Full Version : Fuse 46

anwarg
22nd December 2011, 11:51 PM
Hi,

Just packing to head of to Fraser Islands in the morning.....Just tried to use the rear power socket and it does'nt work. The front used to work well, however having tried the rear the front stopped working. Checked fuses next to steering column and found the power socket fuse (15A) blown. Replaced this fuse & the front power socket seems to be working fine.

Its the rear socket that is now bothering me. I've read somewhere that there is a fuse 46 that could be a related problem. However I cannot locate this fuse....Has anyone any idea where I should be looking. And secondly whilst I'm 'shooting in the dark' trying to find a solution, does anyone have any idea (aside from the so called fuse 46) on what could be the problem and how I can sort it out.

Many thanks.

Regards

AG

Yendor
22nd December 2011, 11:57 PM
Have you checked the fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet?

Fuse 46 is located there.

Silver
22nd December 2011, 11:59 PM
never heard of it, as GQs don't come with such luxuries :-)

If you are about to head off to Fraser, maybe just run some new wire of the appropriate si2e from the battery terminals through the firewall and to the rear with the right socket attached - ciggy plug, merrit plug or anderson plug. fit the correct rated fuse into a holder installed on the positive wire close to the battery, and sort it all out when you get back. Of course, won't go off when the ignition is turned off, which may or may not be a good thing.

Silver
23rd December 2011, 12:00 AM
Have you checked the fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet?

Fuse 46 is located there.

Aha, the voice of an expert, thanks Yendor!

Yendor
23rd December 2011, 12:24 AM
I finally found it in the wiring diagram (I think I'm a bit tired).

Yes the rear power socket is protected by fuse 46 (15 amp fuse).

Just remember you need acc or ignition on for it to work.