PDA

View Full Version : were are all the mud holes!!

critto
22nd December 2011, 05:21 PM
im looking for some mud to have some fun in preferably local near Newcastle i need to test my 4x4 i just bought and my muddies im getting put on her. anybody got any suggestions?

taslucas
23rd December 2011, 10:13 PM
Plenty of mud all year round down here mate:) Bit far for a test drive though!

daves
3rd February 2012, 06:00 PM
Hi critto,
Im sure you will be able to find some mud at the moment with all the rain.
Have you tried in the watagans state forest heaps of cool tracks to test your 4wd,
Try checking out some topographic maps of your area and im sure you will find
plenty of 4wd tracks.

97EK1
28th February 2012, 03:25 PM
hey mate i don't know if you've figured out where to go since you posted this up but where 4wd Action do alot of their feature vehicle videos and features is just on the southern side of the OAK bar out at Freemans waterhole its actually a driver training spot theres plenty of tracks in around that area if you head down the road from freemans to cooranbong your on the cusp of the Wattos but if you want closer to Newcastle you have out neer West Wallsend and Sugarloaf tracks go from stock to comp trucks. My advice is get a car alarm though as Newcastle IS NOT a safe place for a 4WD unfortunantly.

taslucas
28th February 2012, 07:27 PM
heres one!!

97_gq_lwb
28th February 2012, 09:04 PM
This site is pretty good for finding tracks
http://www.4x4earth.com.au/tracks.html

Robo
1st March 2012, 02:16 PM
Have to agree with 97EK1 on the area he describes and more so at present, the amount of rain we have had lately.

HammerBuilder
28th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Also just go out of town n follow them big towers with powlines on them usually a sure sign to get into mud holes somewhere along underneith them. Lots of great tracks both hilly rocky & muddy trails

yorgalas
14th April 2012, 02:13 PM
no THATS mud!! nice little bj73 in there also

Pukie83
12th October 2012, 01:10 PM
plenty of tracks around newie u only have to drive just out town?

threedogs
12th October 2012, 02:31 PM
Hey no BJ73 talk here please, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it, lol

And what you're trying to tell us newcastle is full of stolen 4x4s???