PDA

View Full Version : gq 3l having trouble bleeding clutch.

tankgq30
31st August 2010, 12:26 PM
i just replaced a leaking clutch master cylinder with a new one and im having trouble getting pressure in the system

wat do i do?

patch697
31st August 2010, 05:37 PM
there are 2 bleed points on GQ's, if you follow the line you will find one up top. Star at that one & then go down to the bleeder on the slave.

This should see you right.

If not post back & I'll see if I can help feather.

Cheers
Paul

growler2058
11th March 2011, 07:14 PM
Ok guys, what I'm about to say I know goes against the clutch bleedin way..........................................but i recently replaced my clutch slave cylinder. It was off for a week, so from the "second" bleeder(one by fuel filters) to the end of the line was void of fluid. Trying to bleed this the way I had read from the gregorys manual and popular 4be forums just wasn't happening. Myself and wife were at it for over an hour.haha All info i could find said GQ's are a pig to bleed. But this was is getting beyond a joke! So I did what we used to do when we were kids converting the old rabbit traps clutches on Toranas to hydraulic.
1. clear hose/tube on bleed nipple into jar with a bit of fluid in.
2. give bleed nipple a good crack half a turn
3. pump pedal until clean fluid came through and air bubbles stopped about 10-15 seconds pumping,not an hour like we had just tried.
4. hold pedal down, and tighten nipple.
(ensure master cylinder is kept topped up with fluid)
5. bleed for air from the nipple near the fuel filter
5. then the master cylinder bleeder. (i had no air from these two bleeders)
Maybe dumb luck, all the pumping prior may have helped but i dont rekon........but it worked for me when other methods failed.

Finly Owner
11th March 2011, 10:16 PM
There is a way to bleed 1 man style.
You will need to make a lid with an air fitting in it for the clutch fluid resevior, then hook an air line to it, set at only 5psi at max on your regulator, place heavy object on pedal to depress it. now crack and bleed nipples at will.

Tim

growler2058
12th March 2011, 07:27 AM
There is a way to bleed 1 man style.
You will need to make a lid with an air fitting in it for the clutch fluid resevior, then hook an air line to it, set at only 5psi at max on your regulator, place heavy object on pedal to depress it. now crack and bleed nipples at will.

Tim

Ahh a thinking mans man i like it

thin on top
12th March 2011, 08:31 AM
When fitting any master cylinder, clutch or brake, you shoud bench bleed the cylinder first, I have never had a problem when doing this first

sambar308
25th February 2012, 05:33 PM
there are 2 bleed points on GQ's, if you follow the line you will find one up top. Star at that one & then go down to the bleeder on the slave.

This should see you right.

If not post back & I'll see if I can help feather.

Cheers
Paul

i have looked and can only fined one. you have the line from the master then goes to a join then to the slave

97_gq_lwb
25th February 2012, 05:41 PM
My td42 has 3 bleed nipples the rd28 did as well.
I used a vaccum bleeder even then i got a pedal but wasn't perfect until drove around for a while and left it over night then it came good.

sambar308
25th February 2012, 05:48 PM
i have bleed the cluch twice now and go's well then all of a sudden carn't get it in gear. dont know what i'm doing wrong

97_gq_lwb
25th February 2012, 05:53 PM
If you pump it up a few times does it go into gear ok mine was like that until i drvove around a bit then left it sit over night then like i said came good on it's own

sambar308
25th February 2012, 06:11 PM
i should of read the post first mine is a 4.2 not a 3l

sambar308
25th February 2012, 07:36 PM
i think It’s the master cylinder i took it off got a screw driver and pushed the piston in fluid come out then push it again then nothing. i think it might be the little rubber in it will have to get a new one monday .