PDA

View Full Version : I am a newbie, next step for my tb45e.

dan_bald
31st August 2010, 01:36 AM
I have a 2001 tb45e, at idle it is vibrating at certain rpm, already replaced plugs and cables but still the same.

patch697
31st August 2010, 08:41 AM
G/day Dan, welcome on board mate.

The problem your having sounds like it could be your TPS (throttle position sensor) needs adjusting.
this is really a job for a good mechanic though.

Are you having any other problems along with this one like is it surging when driving? any additional info will help.

Cheers
Paul

AB
31st August 2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the forum Dan.

Maxhead
31st August 2010, 01:03 PM
G'Day Dan and welcome to the forum

dan_bald
31st August 2010, 07:52 PM
Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Plugs 1, 2, and 3 are filled with black/burned sooth, it look like too much gasoline. I consume more gasoline.
Less power with engine already roaring.

Finly Owner
31st August 2010, 09:14 PM
welcome Dan

dan_bald
1st September 2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you Paul, I am planning to replace the TPS by myself. Is there any proper procedure to do this or just replace and test?

patch697
2nd September 2010, 04:53 AM
Thank you Paul, I am planning to replace the TPS by myself. Is there any proper procedure to do this or just replace and test?

There is & you may not need to replace it, thay can be tested & reset correctly But I would strongly suggest downloading the factory service manual (link below) if you haven't already & reading the section that refers to this.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-DIY-Mechanical-and-Manuals

You can solve your problem or just as easily create quite a few new ones if not done correctly.

Cheers
Paul

DX grunt
4th September 2010, 01:00 AM
Welcome Dan.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
4th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Welcome mate, enjoy the forum

dan_bald
8th September 2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?21-DIY-Mechanical-and-Manuals

I cannot find anything specifically for tb45e. I have the supplement VII that mentions about tb45e has only circuit diagram and speed sensor.
I am looking for manual specifically for tb45e.

dan_bald
8th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks Paul, I tried to adjust the tps, it only affects the idle speed. I want to add more, this vibration at certain rpm (at idle) is appearing when the engine is hot, the hotter the more vibration.

dan_bald
8th September 2010, 06:53 PM
The first three plugs are filled with black soot (like powder) that can be remove easily.

dan_bald
10th September 2010, 01:20 AM
Do you have any idea how to adjust the air/fuel mixture and also the location of oxygen sensor on tb45e?

YNOT
10th September 2010, 11:03 AM
Oxygen sensor will be in the exhaust manifold. Although it is possible for the oxy sensor to be causing the fault, it seems unlikely as it would be affecting all 6 cylinders, not just 3.
Air fuel mixture is set by the computer and cannot be adjusted.
Have you checked the compression or had the injectors tested.
I would also try to retrieve PCM fault codes and see if that gives you any clues, but be careful what you do with the results. If you have a mechanical fault, it may throw one or more of the engine parameters out causing the PCM to log a fault code, when there is nothing electronic causing the fault.

Tony