PDA

View Full Version : xmas lights wheelin

Timmo
11th December 2011, 11:14 PM
well many years ago while living in Darwin me and my wife use to drive around the suburbs looking at xmas lights before the kids popped out and now we do it every year with the kids. Last year and the year before we found that there was a group of people that all joined in looking at the lights driving from one to the other, was just wondering if any one down here does the same or is interested if you are let me know.

Clunk
11th December 2011, 11:20 PM
we do it from time to time Tim, that's if the kids haven't fallen asleep before it gets dark that is.............. which so far this year, they've managed to do every night, which has been nice lol

Sir Roofy
12th December 2011, 06:13 AM
We do it over here tis interesting to see what varity there is each year
and there seems to be more real xmas trees being sold this year
maybe the old tradition is going to return lets hope so anyway

Bigrig
12th December 2011, 08:21 AM
We take the kids every year .. there is areas up here (same in Sydney, so I assume same elsewhere) that have the whole street sectioned off with traffic control etc ... kids love it ... adults just shake their heads thinking "I hope the kids don't want to do this to our joint next year - that's a lot of bloody work"!!! lmao

taslucas
14th December 2011, 12:14 PM
well many years ago while living in Darwin me and my wife use to drive around the suburbs looking at xmas lights before the kids popped out and now we do it every year with the kids. Last year and the year before we found that there was a group of people that all joined in looking at the lights driving from one to the other, was just wondering if any one down here does the same or is interested if you are let me know.

Would be great if there were a few offroad tracks between each house! that would make it a great club meet:)