PDA

View Full Version : 2.75 ' exhaust

ozzyboy
9th December 2011, 09:04 PM
heyas

anyone run a 2.75' exhaust with extractors on their 4.2 efi petrol GQ?

i have heard conflicting reports on if this is too big or not. Just lookin for some clarity before i purchase. (already have the pacemakers)

thanks in advance

ozz

Bigrig
10th December 2011, 09:16 AM
Me boss!!! 3" was too big, so went 2.75" and had great response and the sound was good too ... still have it on!! But considering you got the extractors from me, you probably already knew that!!! lmao

ozzyboy
10th December 2011, 10:35 AM
Me boss!!! 3" was too big, so went 2.75" and had great response and the sound was good too ... still have it on!! But considering you got the extractors from me, you probably already knew that!!! lmao

Yah figured as much. Got a quote and they tried saying for me to buy a 2.5 set of them!!!

I gave the pacemakers a good scrub too. They were a blue colour under all that dirt :)

Bigrig
10th December 2011, 10:49 AM
Yah figured as much. Got a quote and they tried saying for me to buy a 2.5 set of them!!!

I gave the pacemakers a good scrub too. They were a blue colour under all that dirt :)

The guys at Exhaust Innovations at Capalaba are the ones who did mine - good lads and definitely will do the 2.75" ...

Airstrike
12th December 2011, 12:05 AM
I've got a 4.2 efi on a pacemakers to a 2.75. Muffler for a diesel sounds tough as guts

lil man
8th January 2012, 06:25 PM
What about the 4.2 petrol carby on gas? Same thing with 2.75? Also mine came with custom extractors but weren't mandrel bent so is it worth getting another set that are mandrel bent?

ozzyboy
8th January 2012, 08:05 PM
i ended up running the pacemakers with a 2.5 system. still sounds good, feels like extra roeque, and a little hp. Mileage extra is minimal if any, (driven pretty hard)
mine is a 4.2tbe on petrol / gas.
As for swapping for a mandrel bend, sure mandrel is better, but considering the cost to swap out an exhaust that there is nothing wrong with, just for a mandrel, i am not sure you will get much value for money there.

ozz

lil man
8th January 2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds good to be you ozz, yea sound advice just go for the exhaust system and leave the extractors.
unless I put a V8 in there ;D

BearGUST
9th January 2012, 07:49 AM
I wouldn't be losing sleep over having a press bent exhaust system, I've seen press bends out-perform mandrel bent systems on a back-to-back dyno comparison.
I worked for a performance exhaust manufacturer for a couple of years, including R&D work - you'd be amazed at what variations in exhaust design work on one car and not on another.