PDA

View Full Version : Springs 4x4 Park - March 2nd to 4th 2012 - Competition!!!

Bigrig
8th December 2011, 10:44 PM
Howdy

Waaaaay early, but as per the other thread, just posting up to lock in for the event at Springs in March.

I'll be entering into the gymkhana comp, as I expect a few others will also, so should be a cracker. Something we found out last time is they cater (top sounding spread too!!) for large groups, so thinking we could do this on the Saturday night rather than cook??

NissanGQ4.2
8th December 2011, 11:16 PM
Any bourbon drinking comps, as I will try and enter as many as possible???? Don't worry about a caterer as I tend not 2 eat while drinking as it interrupts the drinkin :)

Bigrig
9th December 2011, 08:52 AM
Any bourbon drinking comps, as I will try and enter as many as possible???? Don't worry about a caterer as I tend not 2 eat while drinking as it interrupts the drinkin :)

No comp mate, but I'm sure that won't stop people goin for a record though!!!! lmao

Can't wait for this - first amateur comp in Tank, and all going to plan, I'll have a 6" lift and 35's to play with by then!!!! I'll be waving the forum flag high and hopefully will not embarrass myself!!!! lol

NissanGQ4.2
9th December 2011, 08:59 AM
No comp mate, but I'm sure that won't stop people goin for a record though!!!! lmao

Can't wait for this - first amateur comp in Tank, and all going to plan, I'll have a 6" lift and 35's to play with by then!!!! I'll be waving the forum flag high and hopefully will not embarrass myself!!!! lol

mate you have nothing 2 worry about, nothing beats a 92 GQ that's why I bought one :) Is that all lift going 2 be engineered or your not worrying about it?

Bigrig
9th December 2011, 09:15 AM
mate you have nothing 2 worry about, nothing beats a 92 GQ that's why I bought one :) Is that all lift going 2 be engineered or your not worrying about it?

Engineered mate - want to keep it on the road as long as possible, but eventually it'll be de-registered ...

Dhuck
9th December 2011, 09:47 AM
Will be good. Will have to take out the forum banner for the week end.

macca86
9th December 2011, 11:43 AM
good luck with the comp I'm sure you'll do fine just imagin if you had a gu Haha. 6 inch lift do you need a step ladder knocked up!

Dhuck
9th December 2011, 11:45 AM
good luck with the comp I'm sure you'll do fine just imagin if you had a gu Haha. 6 inch lift do you need a step ladder knocked up!

No just roll out the rope ladder lol

NissanGQ4.2
9th December 2011, 09:04 PM
Engineered mate - want to keep it on the road as long as possible, but eventually it'll be de-registered ...

why the de-register? Going 2 keep it and get serious into comping???

Finly Owner
9th December 2011, 11:02 PM

Or your fan club waving the same banner!

Tim

TORQ4x4
14th December 2011, 03:25 PM
Found some info on the comp:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gymkhana: Open to all 4x4 from Soft Roaders to Comp Trucks. Variety of stages all about having fun. No tough vehicle breakers. Two classes Mens and Ladies.

Driving Challenge:
Classes as followed
IFS – Men’s and Ladies
Standard- Men’s and Ladies
Modified- Men’s and Ladies

Open to all road registered vehicles. All Modified classes must have a winch or a point penalty may occur. The stages will be made up of driving and practical stages.

Teams: Open to all road registered vehicles. The Team will be made up of 3 vehicles. 1 vehicle must have a winch. All must have basic recovery equipment see rules. The stages will be made up of driving and practical stages. The emphasis will be to put some thought into the stages to avoid penalties.

All comps are designed for everyday vehicles with emphasis on not doing damage and having fun.

For more information/rules/entry forms please email or call the Park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell are softroaders going to do? lol :confused:

We should be there.

Bigrig
14th December 2011, 03:30 PM
Found some info on the comp:

Gymkhana: Open to all 4x4 from Soft Roaders to Comp Trucks. Variety of stages all about having fun. No tough vehicle breakers. Two classes Mens and Ladies.

Driving Challenge:
Classes as followed
IFS – Men’s and Ladies
Standard- Men’s and Ladies
Modified- Men’s and Ladies

Open to all road registered vehicles. All Modified classes must have a winch or a point penalty may occur. The stages will be made up of driving and practical stages.

Teams: Open to all road registered vehicles. The Team will be made up of 3 vehicles. 1 vehicle must have a winch. All must have basic recovery equipment see rules. The stages will be made up of driving and practical stages. The emphasis will be to put some thought into the stages to avoid penalties.

All comps are designed for everyday vehicles with emphasis on not doing damage and having fun.

For more information/rules/entry forms please email or call the Park.

What the hell are softroaders going to do? lol :confused:

We should be there.

The soft roaders? They can watch!!! lmao

Righto, so who's joining me and Dhuck in the team of three comp? Missus wants to drink an watch, so she's out!!!

I'm going in the gymkhana also ... so long as I have a winch by then ... hey lads (you know who you are!!!) Lmao!!

TORQ4x4
14th December 2011, 03:48 PM
I'm going in the gymkhana also ... so long as I have a winch by then ... hey lads (you know who you are!!!) Lmao!!

Winch should be in by then, lets just hope it doesn't fall out with that lift lol

Bigrig
14th December 2011, 04:07 PM
Winch should be in by then, lets just hope it doesn't fall out with that lift lol

She be right brother!!! We're gunna have to mod a bit to get it in I reckon, as I'll still have the current bar ... fun!!

TORQ4x4
14th December 2011, 04:22 PM
She be right brother!!! We're gunna have to mod a bit to get it in I reckon, as I'll still have the current bar ... fun!!

Is old mate Bud not building another one for ya?

Let me know if you don't find any takers for the team event. The GQ is going through some modifications but I'm not sure I'll be able to be there the full 4 days.

Bigrig
14th December 2011, 05:01 PM
Is old mate Bud not building another one for ya?

Let me know if you don't find any takers for the team event. The GQ is going through some modifications but I'm not sure I'll be able to be there the full 4 days.

He's building another, but that won't be time for event based on previous history ...

Looks like you just nominated for the team event!! Well done!!! lol

No reason we can't have two teams -- anyone else up for it?? Dhuck and I can split across the two ...

TORQ4x4
14th December 2011, 05:47 PM
Looks like you just nominated for the team event!! Well done!!!

Fair enough then! lmao!!!

Mal H
15th December 2011, 08:29 AM
I'm interested, do team of 3 cars include navvies / sidekick.

May also have winch by then????

Bigrig
15th December 2011, 09:01 AM
I'm interested, do team of 3 cars include navvies / sidekick.

May also have winch by then????

I'd say so - good gear on the winch!! I might put up an open poll for the events registration ... So we can keep track ...

Bigrig
23rd December 2011, 08:51 AM
We have two teams running in the team challenge now!! Awesome!!

Any other takers to form a team of three so we can completely dominate??!! lol

04OFF
23rd December 2011, 02:14 PM
mmmm, will most likley have a winch by then as well !

I am slightly hesitant to jump right in , just knowing how much stuff can i damage when im NOT in a "competition" :o

The question is, am i going to be able to bear just "watching" you guys have all the fun ?

Bigrig
23rd December 2011, 02:23 PM

I am slightly hesitant to jump right in , just knowing how much stuff can i damage when im NOT in a "competition" :o

The question is, am i going to be able to bear just "watching" you guys have all the fun ?

Nope - you won't be able to bear it ... guaranteed!!! lmao

Oversize
27th December 2011, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a plan. My wheels should be round by then. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and you had better be gentle with me, I have never done anything like this before...

Bigrig
27th December 2011, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a plan. My wheels should be round by then. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and you had better be gentle with me, I have never done anything like this before...

Haha - you'll be right mate - we're a no pressure bunch who are always happy to assist with the basics etc to get you started. Be great to catch up and should be a cracker weekend!!

Bigrig
31st December 2011, 09:44 AM
Bumpety bump bump bump ...

For anyone who missed it/new members.

I'm going to register next week, so could those who've discussed being in team events let me know/confirm so we can lock it in ...

Mucho appreciato amigo's!!

Mal H
2nd January 2012, 11:16 PM
Lock me in Eddie /Scottie/Biggie, whatever.

Cheers
Mal

Mazodude
4th February 2012, 12:45 PM
are there any details for the people who just want to watch? (cost, camp, etc)

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 01:02 PM
are there any details for the people who just want to watch? (cost, camp, etc)

Should all be on the website mate ...

I've still got to register!!! lol - with the truck the way it's been, I'm un retain if it'll be ready for competing ...

Dhuck
4th February 2012, 01:33 PM
Should all be on the website mate ...

I've still got to register!!! lol - with the truck the way it's been, I'm un retain if it'll be ready for competing ...

I haven't either mate

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 03:05 PM
I haven't either mate

I'll register this week for sure.

YNOT
4th February 2012, 04:21 PM

Never have truer words been spoken!!!

Tony

Bigrig
4th February 2012, 09:04 PM

Soooo .... I'll race ya to see who has a truck on the road first!!! lmao

You're struggling, I'm struggling ... the race is on!!!

04OFF
5th February 2012, 10:57 AM
Never have truer words been spoken!!!

Tony

Ha-ha, well i certainly crowned that one off didn't i Tony ! :first:

Soooo .... I'll race ya to see who has a truck on the road first!!! lmao

You're struggling, I'm struggling ... the race is on!!!

Well my hands are tied untill my i get some $$, so ill let you win this one Scotty (ha-ha) :049:

I cant see me entering the competition side of things to be honest guys, even if im lucky enough to have a new truck or my old one fixed by then, any form of "competition" driving will NOT be covered by my insurance, ill be suffering 4x4 withdrawals, so could be looking for a fix (i dont want to tempt fate)

I would still come up for a play (if i have a car), or i can even navigate for someone, and i could always make my self usefull just as a the NP.com.au "photographer" for the comp.

Bigrig
5th February 2012, 11:14 AM
Ha-ha, well i certainly crowned that one off didn't i Tony ! :first:

Well my hands are tied untill my i get some $$, so ill let you win this one Scotty (ha-ha) :049:

I cant see me entering the competition side of things to be honest guys, even if im lucky enough to have a new truck or my old one fixed by then, any form of "competition" driving will NOT be covered by my insurance, ill be suffering 4x4 withdrawals, so could be looking for a fix (i dont want to tempt fate)

I would still come up for a play (if i have a car), or i can even navigate for someone, and i could always make my self usefull just as a the NP.com.au "photographer" for the comp.

All good mate!! Let's not tempt fate!!!

Dhuck
5th February 2012, 12:45 PM
I have contacted the park for the details. If navs are needed we will need several.

Bigrig
21st February 2012, 12:20 AM
Bumpety bump

Need to register this week (you too Dhuck!) ...

So who's still in???

I know Ryan will be out there, as will a mate of mine (Hempo) and Dhuck and I ...

Any other definites??? Should be a bit of fun for an easy overnighter ...

Airstrike
21st February 2012, 12:34 AM
Yep Im still in. I am bringing the U-Bute with a few kilo of various protein goodies.

MudDonk
21st February 2012, 12:43 AM
im in happy to navi for someone...will prob enter a few things knowing me get there and cut loose :P

net19
23rd February 2012, 07:45 PM
We are excited to announce that IRONMAN 4X4 have come on board as naming right sponsor for the Gymkhana and Driving Challenge Series.
In a very generous sponsorship deal they have offered prizes for each round as well as overall prizes for the series. They have also offered a gift voucher to all entries.
For all your 4x4 and camping needs go see the team at IRONMAN @ 1 Hinkler Crt, Brendale QLD 4500 Phone: 3482 9500 Or see them at the 4x4 show in March.

Bigrig
23rd February 2012, 09:04 PM
Dhuck, I didn't call today (bad boy, no biscuit!! lol).

Dhuck
23rd February 2012, 10:44 PM
Dhuck, I didn't call today (bad boy, no biscuit!! lol).

I sorta gathered. lol

Bigrig
23rd February 2012, 11:45 PM
I sorta gathered. lol

Yep, true to form!!!! lmao

Bigrig
27th February 2012, 12:54 PM
Just rang and left message for park. Trying to work out the navi's etc, but all should be fine. See you there Saturday morning whoever is going!!

Bigrig
28th February 2012, 10:05 PM
Bumpety bump ...

Just a reminder people!! Hope to see a few there ... Dhuck and I are entered into the comp, so should be sh!ts and giggles all round!!!

NissanGQ4.2
28th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Bumpety bump ...

Just a reminder people!! Hope to see a few there ... Dhuck and I are entered into the comp, so should be sh!ts and giggles all round!!!

Don't forget 2 have the inboard vid recording :)

Bigrig
28th February 2012, 10:12 PM
Don't forget 2 have the inboard vid recording :)

Definitely will mate - should be some good moments (and no doubt some fine language) to be captured!!!! lmao

AB
28th February 2012, 10:25 PM
Definitely will mate - should be some good moments (and no doubt some fine language) to be captured!!!! lmao

Sounds good Biggus, can't wait to see these vids!

Ben-e-boy
29th February 2012, 11:12 AM
I'm at work so I miss out get some good footage and photos of the compeditor rig. wanna see what your up against

04OFF
1st March 2012, 02:48 PM
So whos confirmed going up to this , is there a convoy etc on saturday morning, and is everyone staying saturday night ?

Just trying to work out whats happening in case i can organise to get up there :biggrin:

EDIT : and is everyone getting catering on sat night ?

Silver
1st March 2012, 03:02 PM
Are you going to take your rig, as is, O40FF? should be nice and bree2y, and save some work on repairs!

Bigrig
1st March 2012, 03:15 PM
So whos confirmed going up to this , is there a convoy etc on saturday morning, and is everyone staying saturday night ?

Just trying to work out whats happening in case i can organise to get up there :biggrin:

EDIT : and is everyone getting catering on sat night ?

Dhuck and I are heading out Friday arvo - everyone else is coming Sat morning I believe mate. We'll be catering for ourselves so not sure what the others have planned. Be great if you could make it!!!!

As far as I'm aware, its Dave, myself, Chris, Ryan and his brother in law, Hempo and his wife (mate of mine), and not sure who else ... 6 trucks. Ryan, Dave and myself are going solo as the families all have other things planned ...

We are all staying Saturday night also ... probably won't head back till after lunch Sunday to make the most of it ...

Yendor
1st March 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm heading down on Saturday, staying Saturday night and heading back on Sunday sometime.

04OFF
2nd March 2012, 12:00 AM
Are you going to take your rig, as is, O40FF? should be nice and bree2y, and save some work on repairs!

Ha-Ha, if someone had offered to trailer/tow truck it up there for me, id have seriously concidered it Silver, it would go unreal with all the weight ive removed :wink:

Thanks Bigone, just what i wanted to know, a few things still have to fall into place for me to make it, are you guys camping in the same area as last time ?

Bigrig
2nd March 2012, 12:08 AM
I'm heading down on Saturday, staying Saturday night and heading back on Sunday sometime.

Excellent news mate!!!

Bigrig
2nd March 2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks Bigone, just what i wanted to know, a few things still have to fall into place for me to make it, are you guys camping in the same area as last time ?

That's the plan mate.

MudDonk
2nd March 2012, 12:58 PM
hey guys think i might have to skip this one :( bloody work lol

Bigrig
2nd March 2012, 03:32 PM
hey guys think i might have to skip this one :( bloody work lol

Damn it mate!!!!

Shame, but there'll be more!!!

Silver
2nd March 2012, 06:31 PM
Ha-Ha, if someone had offered to trailer/tow truck it up there for me, id have seriously concidered it Silver, it would go unreal with all the weight ive removed :wink:

I reckon it would, and look reel tuff with some netting across the windscreen area :-)

04OFF
2nd March 2012, 10:37 PM
ok should see yas all saturday morning sometime, ill be driving a white navara (stolen from work), least it has a winch so i can recover myself if i get stuck on the road in (ha-ha)

NissanGQ4.2
2nd March 2012, 10:47 PM
ok should see yas all saturday morning sometime, ill be driving a white navara (stolen from work), least it has a winch so i can recover myself if i get stuck on the road in (ha-ha)

Suits your driving style Steve *LMAO*

macca86
2nd March 2012, 11:13 PM
Good luck guys tomorrow

NissanGQ4.2
2nd March 2012, 11:17 PM
Good luck guys tomorrow

X 2, wish I was there cheering you guys on ( with beer in hand )

Yendor
2nd March 2012, 11:27 PM
X 2, wish I was there cheering you guys on ( with beer in hand )

I'll have a few for you. :biggrin:

04OFF
2nd March 2012, 11:45 PM
What time you leavin the lake Rodney ? might see you on the way up !

Suits your driving style Steve *LMAO*

Ha-ha, ive ben told im not allowed to roll it !, IFS & leaf rear, it will be all chicken tracks for me im afraid, still, better than a camry thats for sure :icon_victory:

Yendor
3rd March 2012, 12:00 AM
What time you leavin the lake Rodney ? might see you on the way up !

I hadn't planned a time, was just going to wake up and go.

Do you want to meet up somewhere?

04OFF
3rd March 2012, 12:08 AM
I hadn't planned a time, was just going to wake up and go.

Do you want to meet up somewhere?

Same, i was gonna play it casual, ill send you a PM about meeting up :biggrin:

net19
4th March 2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
The results.

Ladies- 1st- Clair O'Bryan & Keith Thomas 29 Points
2nd- Sharee Whitlock & Ashleigh Gray 21 Points
3rd- Jennifer Cooper & Chayce Worth 19 Points
Points are low due to the way the tracks were scored.

Mens- 1st- Keith T & Clair O 68 Points
2nd- Andrew T & Robert B 63 Points
3rd- Scott O 54 Points
4th- Jason & James 53 Points
4th- Andrew & Kerry 53 Points
6th- Brett H 49 Points
7th- Dave H 44 Points
8th- Stephen H & Jennifer C 36 Points.

Big thanks to IRONMAN 4X4 & Dave Metcalfe from Xtreme 4x4 Sport for the prizes.

Big thanks to all the Marshalls and helpers.

Next Round- 30 June-1 July
See you all there.

Dhuck
4th March 2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone for a great weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
The results.

Ladies- 1st- Clair O'Bryan & Keith Thomas 29 Points
2nd- Sharee Whitlock & Ashleigh Gray 21 Points
3rd- Jennifer Cooper & Chayce Worth 19 Points
Points are low due to the way the tracks were scored.

Mens- 1st- Keith Thomas & Clair O'Bryan 68 Points
2nd- Andrew Timms & Robert Beausaert 63 Points
3rd- Scott O'Hara 54 Points Onya Scotty well done mate. But I thought we were supposed to lose! I certainly tried. lol
4th- Jason Forrester & James Blake 53 Points
4th- Andrew White & Kerry Brown 53 Points
6th- Brett Hempenstall 49 Points
7th- Dave Huckel 44 Points
8th- Stephen Hurcom & Jennifer Cooper 36 Points.

Big thanks to IRONMAN 4X4 & Dave Metcalfe from Xtreme 4x4 Sport for the prizes.

Big thanks to all the Marshalls and helpers.

Next Round- 30 June-1 July
See you all there.

Was a great weekend. Looking forward to the teams event. I promise not to be silly. lol You will all find out my silly antics. Should be a few good pics on the way.

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Great work Scottie and Dave.

Looking forward 2 the pics.

Get any vid Scottie???

macca86
4th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Was a great weekend. Looking forward to the teams event. I promise not to be silly. lol You will all find out my silly antics. Should be a few good pics on the way.

come on mate don't be a tease we're all eager to hear how it all went! Well done Scotty for a great result

macca86
4th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Dhuck better be carefull people will start talking that bigrig is better and tougher than the dhuck mate haha

Dhuck
4th March 2012, 09:39 PM
Nothing to do with that mate. Was all about having a good time and not giving a damn where I came. Had an absolute ball.

Finly Owner
4th March 2012, 10:15 PM
Well Done Scott and Dave!!!!

Tim

Yendor
4th March 2012, 10:21 PM
Yes, well done Scotty and Spud...... er...... sorry Dave......lol

Bigrig
4th March 2012, 10:58 PM
Great work Scottie and Dave.

Looking forward 2 the pics.

Get any vid Scottie???

Will get some vids up in the coming days - be warned, lots of 'anti-social' language !!! lmao

Dhuck and I both conquered Beer O'Clock Hill also ... that was a hoot!

Many thanks to Springs for hosting and organising the event and to Ironman for sponsoring - my missus has already staked claim to my winnings!!!! lol

I got another award also which was very big of Neil and Emily to go to the trouble - thought it would be the biggest clown award, but someone else got that (go figure???).

Definitely a place that suits the "feel" and structure of what this forum is all about, and one that we should all try to get behind and support. Speaking on behalf of the members who went, I don't think any of us will be missing the next one!!!

Great weekend and we definitely need to organise more entrants for the second round.

04OFF
5th March 2012, 10:01 AM
Some pics over in the other thread.......

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8181-Family-Friendly-Gymkhana-Competition-The-Springs-4X4-Park&p=195670#post195670