PDA

View Full Version : GU IV headlight upgrade

06 STL
8th December 2011, 12:11 PM
I want to upgrade the headlights on my 3lt GUIV but not sure about the best way to get into them. There is absolutely no way my hands will fit in behind them to get all 3 bulbs out. Has anyone taken the headlight assembly out, fitted new bulbs, and replaced the headlight successfully. The troublesome bulb is the indicator in the headlight (pic attached). I cant for the life of me get to it. What is the best way, and is it a T20 style globe?

Skull
9th December 2011, 01:42 AM
Got a manual? the GUIII I Pull the hole indicator out. Maybe rip the headlight out. Will see what I can find for ya.

ben10
17th December 2011, 11:11 PM
I upgraded mine to HID with a 35 watt high/low kit i bought at JAYCAR for $119, the lights are great quality and awesome performance. As far as installing them or even just changing a regular bulb i found it was easier to take the front grill off which allows much better access.

boots
18th December 2011, 07:17 PM
how are you going with it 06STL . the earlier gu, the indicator assembly comes away from the headlight seperately . two screws and one snap/clip fitting . then its real easy to get to those globes .

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2017, 07:02 PM
Thread Dig

Hey guys. I have some new upgrade globes to fit to the GUIV. Does anyone have pics or know a thread that has details on getting it done.

TimE
28th September 2017, 07:16 PM
Remove the grill, remove the 3 bolts that hold the light in place (bottom bolt is under a cover that you will need to also remove), light will now be able to be pulled forward allowing you to access the bulbs. That is how I got at my GU IV bulbs.

Hodge
28th September 2017, 07:39 PM
Remove the grill, remove the 3 bolts that hold the light in place (bottom bolt is under a cover that you will need to also remove), light will now be able to be pulled forward allowing you to access the bulbs. That is how I got at my GU IV bulbs.
That's exactly how I do my globes.
No point playing Jap fingers . Takes 2 minutes to pull lights out. 10mm socket with extention. Done.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2017, 08:15 PM
Thanks gents. The grill is a bastard. Do I just need to move it forward a little or pull it out completely?

TimE
29th September 2017, 08:51 AM
You'll need to pull it as far forward as you can to get at the bolts, my grill is simple to remove, "pop" the clips at the top with a flat screw driver blade and lever forward from the top and the bottom clips will "pop". Hopefully you don't have wires/cables running through the grill (driving light wiring or CB antenna cable), if you do then you will have fun ;)

Just a note, removing and re installing the lights this way does not effect their adjustment.

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2017, 07:36 PM
You'll need to pull it as far forward as you can to get at the bolts, my grill is simple to remove, "pop" the clips at the top with a flat screw driver blade and lever forward from the top and the bottom clips will "pop". Hopefully you don't have wires/cables running through the grill (driving light wiring or CB antenna cable), if you do then you will have fun ;)

Just a note, removing and re installing the lights this way does not effect their adjustment.

Yes to all 3 damn it. Both lights and uhf running through the grill whixh is a bastard.