PDA

View Full Version : confused

Sue
30th August 2010, 08:07 PM
Can anyone tell me the towing capacity of my 2008 Nissan Patrol 3l auto turbo diesel ZD30DDTI . Ive been told 3 tonne then 2.5 by 2 different parties. Phoned Nissan service dept they said either 3 or 3.5 not sure:confused: Sue

patch697
30th August 2010, 08:17 PM
G/day Sue & welcome to the forum, I was always of the understanding it was 3 tonne unless someone else here knows different?

Can i suggest posting in the introduction section & tell us a bit about yourself & your 4x4, its a fantastic way to get to know a few of the members here. & again welcome on board

Cheers
Paul

AB
30th August 2010, 08:20 PM
Moved your question here Sue so people can find it better.

Finly Owner
30th August 2010, 08:21 PM
Ok Sue, I'll start. Firstly your glove box owners manual should tell you the capability of the vehicle, then the towbar fitted also has a seperate recommendation, if this is less than the capability of the vehicle then that's the rating you need to abide by.

The reason for this is a vehicle may be able to tow 3t, and be fitted with a towbar that can only tow 2t.
The reason for this may well be:
Lighter steel in towbar
Less anchorage points onto vehicle

On the other hand you can have a higher rating on your towbar than the vehicle, but hte vehicle rating is to be adhered to in this instance.

So in summary which ever is the lesser rating is the one to adhere to.

As for what is the actual rating on your Patrol someone else needs to help you with.

And Sue welcome, remember to go to introduction and tell us about yourself and vehicle. join in any threads(subjects)
anytime.

Finly Owner
30th August 2010, 08:30 PM
well obviously Mine took longer to write Sue which stopped me from being first LOL

Maxhead
30th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Sue,

manual = 3200kg braked
auto = 2500kg braked
750kg unbraked

3500kg is for the 4.8l

Hope that helps

Finly Owner
30th August 2010, 09:40 PM
braked/ unbraked relates to trailer having or not having brakes, FYI